It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: home run inn
White Sox looking to deal Konerko?

With the signing of first baseman-outfielder Mark Kotsay, Mark Teahen's arrival -- not yet official, although widely reported -- would position the White Sox to deal Paul Konerko this winter, assuming Konerko is willing to waive his no-trade rights. Konerko has one year left on his contract and isn't believed to have received overtures about staying past 2010. He could be attractive to teams looking for leadership and run-production, with San Francisco, Arizona, Boston and the Angels among the possibilities. Shedding his $12-million salary would make it easier to pursue a top free agent, such as the long rumored Chone Figgins.

source chicago tribune

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:53 am 

It's fall. The leaves are falling, the Xmas toy catalogs are choking out any available space in my house, Kenny has made another quick, ho-hum trade and again w/the Konerko rumors. :|

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:55 am 

Havent they been looking to deal him for like 3 years now. The problem is no one wants him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
In what could be related news...

White Sox Buy Out Option On Jermaine Dye
By Tim Dierkes [November 6, 2009 at 10:38am CST]
The White Sox bought out Jermaine Dye's mutual option for 2010, according to the team. Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times says it cost the Sox $950K. This decision was a given, since the option was for $12MM. While Dye is a projected Type A free agent, it won't matter because the Sox are highly unlikely to offer arbitration.

Dye, 36 in January, hit .250/.340/.453 in 574 plate appearances this year. He slumped to .184/.303/.278 over the season's final two months. In an article yesterday, MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan said that Dye "is of interest to the Rangers."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:02 pm 

kujoe_7 wrote:
White Sox looking to deal Konerko?

With the signing of first baseman-outfielder Mark Kotsay, Mark Teahen's arrival -- not yet official, although widely reported -- would position the White Sox to deal Paul Konerko this winter, assuming Konerko is willing to waive his no-trade rights. Konerko has one year left on his contract and isn't believed to have received overtures about staying past 2010. He could be attractive to teams looking for leadership and run-production, with San Francisco, Arizona, Boston and the Angels among the possibilities. Shedding his $12-million salary would make it easier to pursue a top free agent, such as the long rumored Chone Figgins.

source chicago tribune

You need to stop reading Phil Rogers........Its bad for you....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Joe Cowley, the White Sox Insider for the Sun-Times & 670 The SCORE, says that the much-talked about Chris Getz/Joshua Fields/Mark Teahen trade with Kansas City isn't a done deal by any means. Joe says that $$$$ and other minor-league prospects are holding up the trade at this stage, especially when you consider Teahen is slated to earn a lot more than Getz & Fields combined in 2010. This is far from a done deal, and in my opinion, I hope this deal falls apart. Teahen is far from a sure thing defensively and strikes out as much as Fields has in his brief career.

Meanwhile, as far as the White Sox wanting to deal Paul Konerko, it's not exactly a news flash. The Sox have been trying to do that for years.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
Please tell me the prospects are coming this way and not to Kansas City.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
mel junior wrote:
Please tell me the prospects are coming this way and not to Kansas City.

Mel Jr., if I knew who were the Royals' or White Sox prospects included, I would tell you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
No prospects, just cash.