It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Man up
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:34 pm 

...or Cowboy up, or whatever.

Look, the fact of the matter is, with this offense and the potential of the ptching staff, this team s/b kickin' ass and takin' names.

F Detroit
F the Sowks
F the Yanks.

Take care of our stuff, right now!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:22 pm 

At the risk of admonishment for replying to myself....

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!

Well done boys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:23 pm 

What now Detroit! The Sox WILL win the Divison, F the Wild Card, the Sox have the Divison and the World Series locked up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This sweep of Detroit proves the Sox will win the World Series this year, next year and in 2008, when Pablo Ozuna will be league MVP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:50 am 

Good ideaa tall midget, but it will be south side boy rob macowiak my friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:51 am 

by the way the misspelling was purposable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:55 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
This sweep of Detroit proves the Sox will win the World Series this year, next year and in 2008, when Pablo Ozuna will be league MVP!

i don't think anyone on this board is saying that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
i don't think anyone on this board is saying that.

I am on this board and I am saying that!!!

F Detroit!
F New York!!
F all the doubters and naysayers!!!

This sweep shows who's for real and who's pretending. Anybody who doesn't think they're not going 162-0 next season isn't a real fan. Go Sox! Detroit probably won't even finish out their schedule now that they've been humiliated. It's over, baby. And one more thing: Rex Grossman is going to the hall of fame!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:59 am 

cashew azumah wrote:
by the way the misspelling was purposable

how about that one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

See Midget I appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy. But the funny thing about you is it seems that you're a Sox fan and your pissed at there recent success because it hurts you're proclamation that this team isn't good and won't make the playoffs. It's almost like you want to see them fail so you can say you were right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
See Midget I appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy. But the funny thing about you is it seems that you're a Sox fan and your pissed at there recent success because it hurts you're proclamation that this team isn't good and won't make the playoffs. It's almost like you want to see them fail so you can say you were right.

Umm, no, I want to be proven wrong. I just don't think three games goes a long way towards doing that. The Sox are still under .500 since the All-Star break. Let's see how they do in Detroit and against Minnesota before we start planning the next championship parade route, OK?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

....But let me reiterate: Rex Grossman is going to the Hall of Fame!!!

F the naysayers!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

You make it sound like it was 3 games against the Royals. It's actually 6 games against the main competition. If you don't think making up 3 games against the Tigers goes a long way...well...I can't help you. The opposite result would have burried them.

I like a critical thinking fan. Contrary to what some might think I'm not a blind, yahoo, everythings great type of fan. I just think this is still the best team in baseball. I've been known to be pretty hard on things that I love (just ask the 5 women with restraining orders on me). Anyway, 5 out of 6 against the yankees and tigers, this late in the season, is pretty telling and a good sign. It's more then just a good 3 game stretch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
You make it sound like it was 3 games against the Royals. It's actually 6 games against the main competition. If you don't think making up 3 games against the Tigers goes a long way...well...I can't help you. The opposite result would have burried them.

I like a critical thinking fan. Contrary to what some might think I'm not a blind, yahoo, everythings great type of fan. I just think this is still the best team in baseball. I've been known to be pretty hard on things that I love (just ask the 5 women with restraining orders on me). Anyway, 5 out of 6 against the yankees and tigers, this late in the season, is pretty telling and a good sign. It's more then just a good 3 game stretch.

The six-game stretch is only telling if they continue to win, otherwise it's just an abberation. Let's see what happens the rest of the month--the tough stretch is far from over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:28 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:

The six-game stretch is only telling if they continue to win, otherwise it's just an abberation. Let's see what happens the rest of the month--the tough stretch is far from over.

In fact, it is not just a good 6 game stretch. It is now up to a nice 16 game stretch. I know the sample size is a bit small but that is a full 2.5 weeks of good baseball. The more telling thing is the starting rotation going through a full rotation with no one giving up more than 3 runs in a game. In addition, Contrearas looked like that number 1 horse he was before the back stiffness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know it is but Midget would discount the Orioles and Blue Jays. It seems it's only significant if they lose these games for midget. Then you can make assertions. If they win then it's we'll wait and see they still have alot of games left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well, that 13-game stretch includes series against Baltimore and K.C.--and those should have been sweeps, but the Sox struggled against both teams. Whatever. They're playing better now and hopefully that trend will continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Holy shoit I called it. I'll bet you didn't even read my last post Midget before you typed your last response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
The sweep against Detroit is only a good sign if somehow the Sox manage to play Detroit in every round of the playoffs and the World Series.

The Sox certainally seem to have Detroit's number. If it came down to a head-to-head between those two teams for the division title, then confidence would be running high. Unfortunately, the Sox will have to get past plenty of other teams as well (who they don't own quite as much).

I'm just glad it's football season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:36 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Well, that 13-game stretch includes series against Baltimore and K.C.--and those should have been sweeps, but the Sox struggled against both teams. Whatever. They're playing better now and hopefully that trend will continue.

...and it also included the Blue Jays, Yankees and Tigers. There was more than enough good teams in the stretch to consider this to be a more true reflection of the team's ability.

Look at it the other way, you are basing pessimism on a 13 game or so stretch that included the Tigers and Yankees away and the Red Sox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:39 pm 

Killer V wrote:
The sweep against Detroit is only a good sign if somehow the Sox manage to play Detroit in every round of the playoffs and the World Series.

The Sox certainally seem to have Detroit's number. If it came down to a head-to-head between those two teams for the division title, then confidence would be running high. Unfortunately, the Sox will have to get past plenty of other teams as well (who they don't own quite as much).

I'm just glad it's football season.

Sox have the best record in baseball against teams with records over .500.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

No, I liked the win against the Blue Jays, although they had lost 5 in a row coming into the series against the Sox. That's another series the Sox could've swept if it weren't for some sloppy play. Should've swept Baltimore, too.

Whatever, like I've said, I'm on board with you guys now. The Sox have won a few games recently so they're clearly the best team in baseball. They'll win 110 games for sure--that prediction is probably even pessimistic. Maybe that means Beardown isn't a real fan, then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:46 pm 

If they are not the best team in baseball, then who is? You would be wrong if you brought up any other team than the Tigers...and you would be wrong if you said the Tigers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

I never for one second this year stopped thinking the Sox were the best team in baseball. Even after the slump they suffered after the break. Yes I was off on the 110. The AL is a bitch and I didn't forsee it being so. Many years I've said the Sox suck. It's just this year I honestly thought and still think that no team is better then them. The Wild Card is a lock in my mind. Could they get beat in the playoffs? Absoulutly. But I'll take there chances over any other team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

[/quote]If they are not the best team in baseball, then who is? You would be wrong if you brought up any other team than the Tigers...and you would be wrong if you said the Tigers.
Quote:

Why? Because you say so? Don't confuse your opinion with the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:55 pm 

Do you really want a full breakdown and comparison of the other three or should we just let them play the games to prove me correct in 2 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Midget I think you are measuring the Sox against last years team. That's not who they have to beat. Measure them against this years competition. Who's better in your opinion. Yankees pitching is a little wores then the Sox and the Sox pitchers are coming on. The Red Sox bullpen sucks. The Twins can't do it with Liriano out. Oh and by the way the Mets are getting a fat record because of a lousy League. By the way the Sox have the same record as the Mets and everybody says how great they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
If they are not the best team in baseball, then who is? You would be wrong if you brought up any other team than the Tigers...and you would be wrong if you said the Tigers.

So you're saying there's no best team in baseball right now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:03 pm 

The Yankees pitching is A LOT worse than the Sox and the Red Sox is even worse than the Yankees. However, the Yankees have a more complete lineup that is going to get even better by September 1.