It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
It's either the Sox or the Mets.

Let's objectively analyze the Sox:

1. Shit ML roster
2. Shit farm system
3. Shit management team
4. Ownership has to be questioned as well for being to loyal

The only other organization I can think of as fucked as the Sox is the Mets due to the Madoff scandal ravashing their finances. The Dodgers would be up there but they are being sold, so that situation is being resolved.

Then you have "Kenny" running around trading his cost controlled closer for an A ball pitcher (albeit with good stats) when clearly he couldn't have gotten way more value.

Who is worse and why??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
cpguy wrote:

1. Shit ML roster
2. Shit farm system
3. Shit management team
5. Shit Cubs fans obsessed with posting about the Sox

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
C'mon Frank. Today at 5... You are one of the worst Cubs/Sox offenders on this board.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
I look forward to Kenny's annual July threat to trade the entire team.....then they win a game in Fenway Park and the Mope thinks they are going to win the World Series.
Kenny should have been fired with Ozzie after the 2010 Circus. Reinsdouche is an absolute ass. The Customers finish last.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:20 am 

No.

They aren't even the worst organization in their division. Until proven otherwise, that would have to be the Royals. Maybe this will finally be "the year" that they do something.

I'm not even sure that the Twins aren't currently in worse shape unless losing 99 games last year was just a fluke.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I'm pretty sure they haven't passed everyone on the way down. There are teams out there talking about starting Bryan Lahair at first.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:32 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
No.

They aren't even the worst organization in their division. Until proven otherwise, that would have to be the Royals. Maybe this will finally be "the year" that they do something.

I'm not even sure that the Twins aren't currently in worse shape unless losing 99 games last year was just a fluke.

Not even close. Royals have an actual farm system. Twins still know how to teach the game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:33 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm pretty sure they haven't passed everyone on the way down. There are teams out there talking about starting Bryan Lahair at first.

Good non denial denial. Any real arguments?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
In other news, I heard that the Pirates are interested in signing Wilson Betemit and Nate Mclouth. Those moves will definitely vault them past the White Sox.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:09 pm 

Mariners are pretty fucked up

Its not the Sox though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
No.

You're not answering the right question. That's not what he was asking. Not which is the worst team on the field this year, but which is the shittiest organization. Twins had a terrible year last year and might not do better this year but (IMHO) they're a far better organization as they have much more success at finding better players, lower payrolls, more wins, and so on. KC supposedly has a good farm system (or maybe that's not true, but I thought that was like one of those baseball things).

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:24 pm 

Darkside wrote:
You're not answering the right question. That's not what he was asking. Not which is the worst team on the field this year, but which is the shittiest organization. Twins had a terrible year last year and might not do better this year but (IMHO) they're a far better organization as they have much more success at finding better players, lower payrolls, more wins, and so on. KC supposedly has a good farm system (or maybe that's not true, but I thought that was like one of those baseball things).
How could a bad organization outclass a good organization so badly last year? It's not like the Twins were a dynasty that had to have a down year to rebuild. The mostly hovered at the above average AL team to the best team in the AL Central level and then they fell off a cliff last year. Depending on the time period we are discussing the White Sox highs have been higher and the Twins lows have been lower. I guess the Twins on average have been slightly better year to year but it's been a long time since the Sox lost 99 games and it's been a long time since the Twins won the World Series.

Not to mention that the Royals were also mentioned, and it's been at least 2001 since the Royals won more games than the Sox, and it may be earlier then that but I stopped looking. I'm pretty sure that the White Sox could build a halfway decent farm system if they spent a decade in the cellar and really didn't care about winning.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
How could a bad organization outclass a good organization so badly last year? It's not like the Twins were a dynasty that had to have a down year to rebuild. The mostly hovered at the above average AL team to the best team in the AL Central level and then they fell off a cliff last year. Depending on the time period we are discussing the White Sox highs have been higher and the Twins lows have been lower. I guess the Twins on average have been slightly better year to year but it's been a long time since the Sox lost 99 games and it's been a long time since the Twins won the World Series.

Not to mention that the Royals were also mentioned, and it's been at least 2001 since the Royals won more games than the Sox, and it may be earlier then that but I stopped looking. I'm pretty sure that the White Sox could build a halfway decent farm system if they spent a decade in the cellar and really didn't care about winning.

"Caring" about winning and WINNING are distinct entities.
DOUCHEBAG KENNY WILLIAMS HAS SPENT $600,000,000 on payroll since 2005 and has ONE whole Playoff win to show for it.
Maybe something isn't working over there at 35th Street at the Reinsdouche Frat House?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
No.

KC IS a farm system.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:18 pm 

I guess winning press conferences & city attendance titles, but nothing else in 103 years is impressive in some circles. Congratulations.

But before you ask me to appreciate the guaranteed greatness of Theo & his minions, just remember that Dallas Green won a WS & MacPhail won two just before they came to the n. side...and what did that get their new now "world class" organization.

This is a helluva thread.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
I guess winning press conferences & city attendance titles, but nothing else in 103 years is impressive in some circles. Congratulations.

But before you ask me to appreciate the guaranteed greatness of Theo & his minions, just remember that Dallas Green won a WS & MacPhail won two just before they came to the n. side...and what did that get their new now "world class" organization.

I didn't feel like getting into a Cubs/Sox meatball pissing match but this was my initial reaction as well. The Cubs are pretty much the punchline of sports in general.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:41 pm 

cpguy wrote:
It's either the Sox or the Mets.

1. Shit ML roster
2. Shit farm system
3. Shit management team

The only other organization I can think of as fucked as the Sox is the Mets due to the Madoff scandal ravashing their finances. The Dodgers would be up there but they are being sold, so that situation is being resolved.

Then you have "Kenny" running around trading his cost controlled closer for an A ball pitcher (albeit with good stats) when clearly he couldn't have gotten way more value.

Who is worse and why??

The Sox can contend for their division if they stand pat.

They have a good rotation 1-5. They have a good bullpen. The lineup is an obvious question mark, however I would say it is much more likely that last year was an anomoly with Dunn than the previous decade of great work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I didn't feel like getting into a Cubs/Sox meatball pissing match but this was my initial reaction as well. The Cubs are pretty much the punchline of sports in general.

i have yet to see a "winning press conference" from either team...there are many teams worse off than the white sox right now...the cubs are even right now with the sox...bad contracts around 100 million and trying to rebuild.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:48 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Be that as it may, Its a legit question. I mean the cubs being a punchline wouldnt stop the Sox from being the worst organization right now.

But as I said, the Mariners are way worse.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:12 pm 

The Mariners have King Felix and Michael Pineda, 2 stud young SP's.

Next.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
No.

KC IS a farm system.

Good one!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
We pay for the stadium. They should contend every year

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
cpguy wrote:

Next.

And?? You cant win a game 0-0. They need some position players as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:25 pm 

cpguy wrote:

Next.

Felix is as good as gone. They are garbage.

The White Sox have way more talent at the major league level

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I'd tend to agree with BRick.

Kansas City is worse. They always supposedly have young talent on the way, but it never actually equals wins at the major league level.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
No

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
No
Thread over.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:56 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Kansas City is worse. They always supposedly have young talent on the way, but it never actually equals wins at the major league level.

But they at least do have a farm system, which is more than the Sox can say. I'd say KC is a team on the come, the Sox are a team in a steep decline.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
cpguy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

But they at least do have a farm system, which is more than the Sox can say. I'd say KC is a team on the come, the Sox are a team in a steep decline.

Pirates.. Cubs...HELLO

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 pm 

Orioles and A's are also worse

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next