It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:11 pm 

Wow two Babe Ruths to come thru the same town in just a couple years...

Quote:
GLENDALE, Ariz. — As if expectations weren’t high enough for Eloy Jimenez.

White Sox fans are eagerly awaiting Jimenez’s ascension to the major leagues, which is anticipated to happen within the first few weeks of the 2019 season. He’s the top-ranked prospect in the organization and the No. 3 prospect in the game. His statistical output, light-tower power, ever-present confidence and scouting reports from every corner of the baseball world have previewed Jimenez as a superstar in the making.
Even general manager Rick Hahn acknowledged this offseason that the White Sox expect Jimenez to become the caliber of player that puts him the same category as the “premium talent” the team has pursued on this winter’s free-agent market: Bryce Harper and Manny Machado, two of the best players in baseball.
And now you can add a comparison to arguably the greatest hitter in history.
“I look at him as the Babe Ruth of our generation,” Michael Kopech said Saturday at Camelback Ranch.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Eloy will be a better hitter than Schwarber, Kyle blew his liad in the WS.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
312player wrote:
Eloy will be a better hitter than Schwarber, Kyle blew his liad in the WS.

For a time, I, too, had thought of him as being very Homer-esque.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Kopech sounds as crazy as a typical Cub fan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:49 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kopech sounds as crazy as a typical Cub fan.

Yes he is, like they are, insane.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
That trade is going to go down as the worst trade in Cub history...maybe MLB history. A .500 number 3-4 starter for perhaps the greatest DH ever and a top of the rotation starter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Mr. Reason wrote:
That trade is going to go down as the worst trade in Cub history...maybe MLB history. A .500 number 3-4 starter for perhaps the greatest DH ever and a top of the rotation starter.

Theo's next book title: I don't know how to draft and develop pitchers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:56 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
There was only one Babe Ruth in this town and it was Mike Fontenot.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Curious Hair wrote:

Instead of getting easier, it's the hardest thing to take....
I'm addicted to Mike Fontenot; he's a hard habit to break.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:

Candy Maldenado

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Wow two Babe Ruths to come thru the same town in just a couple years...

Quote:
GLENDALE, Ariz. — As if expectations weren’t high enough for Eloy Jimenez.

White Sox fans are eagerly awaiting Jimenez’s ascension to the major leagues, which is anticipated to happen within the first few weeks of the 2019 season. He’s the top-ranked prospect in the organization and the No. 3 prospect in the game. His statistical output, light-tower power, ever-present confidence and scouting reports from every corner of the baseball world have previewed Jimenez as a superstar in the making.
Even general manager Rick Hahn acknowledged this offseason that the White Sox expect Jimenez to become the caliber of player that puts him the same category as the “premium talent” the team has pursued on this winter’s free-agent market: Bryce Harper and Manny Machado, two of the best players in baseball.
And now you can add a comparison to arguably the greatest hitter in history.
“I look at him as the Babe Ruth of our generation,” Michael Kopech said Saturday at Camelback Ranch.

I get the reasons why, but Babe Ruth won't be make the roster out of spring training. Shows how talented the White Sox are.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:59 am 

Mr. Reason wrote:

Bad trade.. Cease won't stay healthy but he'll be lights out when he is..Eloy will be a monster. Dumbass trade, said it at the time

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:47 am 

Bad trade, probably won't be worst in MLB history or even Cub history.

Kopech is just firing it up a little, that's cool. Don't take everything so serious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:48 am 

Cashman wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

Theo's next book title: I don't know how to draft and develop pitchers

Subtitle: But I still lucked into three Championships

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Position players havent even reported yet, and Cubs fans are already plenty worried about the Sox.

And they should be 8)

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:58 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Position players havent even reported yet, and Cubs fans are already plenty worried about the Sox.

And they should be 8)

Nobody is worried about a 75 win team.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:58 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Kopech is just firing it up a little, that's cool. Don't take everything so serious

What is the worst cub trade historically?

Dempster for Hendricks might be the worst trade in Mlb history

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
312player wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

What is the worst cub trade historically?

Dempster for Hendricks might be the worst trade in Mlb history

Broglio for Brock

Worst trade in MLB history? Ruth to Yankees

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:50 am 
Site Admin

FrankDrebin wrote:
Broglio for Brock

That's only a bad trade in retrospect like the Quintana for Jimenez/Cease or Shields for Tatis might be. People forget what a brutal outfield Brock/Williams/Whoever would have been in a time when you didn't just slug your way to victory and defense mattered a lot more. If the Cubs win another World Series with Quintana playing a role I would argue that even if Jimenez turns out to be a Hall of Famer it wasn't a bad trade for the Cubs. The Shields trade was dumb because the Sox fooled themselves that that team was a contender. But Tatis was 16. Who knew he would turn out to be that good? People thought Lamar Hoyt for Ozzie WHO? was terrible. It didn't really turn out that way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:58 am 

Q wasn't on the first WS team, it was a dumb trade because Q is just a guy.. he's your average #3 or 4 starter. The guy has pitched worse since he came to the NL.

Shields was getting lit up in Petco, it was a firable offense to acquire that bum for no prospects.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
Q wasn't on the first WS team, it was a dumb trade because Q is just a guy.. he's your average #3 or 4 starter.

Right. and the Cubs didn't have one and had no way to get one as good as Quintana for the relatively small money he costs. You fantasize about prospects too much. Eloy Jimenez has exactly ZERO big league hits.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:
Q wasn't on the first WS team, it was a dumb trade because Q is just a guy.. he's your average #3 or 4 starter.

Right. and the Cubs didn't have one and had no way to get one as good as Quintana for the relatively small money he costs. You fantasize about prospects too much. Eloy Jimenez has exactly ZERO big league hits.

I'm not big on prospects, it's rare I see one and believe he's destined for big things.. Eloy is one of the rare exceptions. I believe the Q trade was just to offset the horrendous Heyward deal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

What a shame the White Sox wasted a whole year on phantom service time that will no longer exist after 2021. To me, it's almost as bad as the Shield trade.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:27 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

I am not taking it serious...I just poking fun at the thought.

No one knows what Eloy and Cease will be....Could be a terrible trade....could be a meh trade for both.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:16 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Broglio for Brock

That's only a bad trade in retrospect like the Quintana for Jimenez/Cease or Shields for Tatis might be. People forget what a brutal outfield Brock/Williams/Whoever would have been in a time when you didn't just slug your way to victory and defense mattered a lot more. If the Cubs win another World Series with Quintana playing a role I would argue that even if Jimenez turns out to be a Hall of Famer it wasn't a bad trade for the Cubs. The Shields trade was dumb because the Sox fooled themselves that that team was a contender. But Tatis was 16. Who knew he would turn out to be that good? People thought Lamar Hoyt for Ozzie WHO? was terrible. It didn't really turn out that way.

any trade that leads to a world series title is justifiable.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:27 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

What a shame the White Sox wasted a whole year on phantom service time that will no longer exist after 2021. To me, it's almost as bad as the Shield trade.

Yeah, of course that will be addressed in the next CBA, but another issue that no one seems to talk about is that without heavy performance enhancers there's no guarantee that a guy's 27 year old season is going to be better than his 19 year old season would have been. Maybe you could actually contend if you weren't storing your best players in the minors.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Yeah, of course that will be addressed in the next CBA, but another issue that no one seems to talk about is that without heavy performance enhancers there's no guarantee that a guy's 27 year old season is going to be better than his 19 year old season would have been. Maybe you could actually contend if you weren't storing your best players in the minors.

Some people seem to think MLB made some rules and now PEDs are gone. They are not. Guys with money get the "untraceables" and by the time testing catches up, MLB WON'T go back and retest 3 or 4 year old samples.

Collusion. There it is. In black and white.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Broglio for Brock

any trade that leads to a world series title is justifiable.

Not true, he did fuckall for that team. He's hampering the club with that contract and putrid production. Now if he was a contributing factor..I'd live with it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:57 am 

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Some people seem to think MLB made some rules and now PEDs are gone. They are not. Guys with money get the "untraceables" and by the time testing catches up, MLB WON'T go back and retest 3 or 4 year old samples.

Mlb needs to take blood and hair samples, store em and test later. Mlb is always gonna be 18 months behind the scientists mixing this shit up in a lab.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am 

312player wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Mlb needs to take blood and hair samples, store em and test later. Mlb is always gonna be 18 months behind the scientists mixing this shit up in a lab.

But it IS a nice bargaining chip for the new CBA. I think it is was a bargaining chip in the current one.