It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:34 pm 

GD stepping up for his guy! I love it! You pound that table for your guy!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Thin crust cheese extra cheese ....Pizza DOC
good dolphin wrote:
I hope you enjoyed your three (and counting) years of losing

I did about as much you enjoyed the EPIC collapse in 2012 followed by a season that was worse then the Cubs and then one that was just as bad... so you are at 2+ years and counting ...and 6 years with out a playoff appearance ...says a lot about Win Now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:49 am 

THE INQUISITOR wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I hope you enjoyed your three (and counting) years of losing

I did about as much you enjoyed the EPIC collapse in 2012 followed by a season that was worse then the Cubs and then one that was just as bad... so you are at 2+ years and counting ...and 6 years with out a playoff appearance ...says a lot about Win Now.

Clearly a defense mechanism. Who hurt you so bad?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:51 am 

dolphin it is encouraging to see you finally get the quote thing down.

I guess you really can teach old dogs new tricks

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
good dolphin wrote:

Rodon is going to be better, more quickly than any Cub on the list and have a more impactful career as well. I hope you enjoyed your three (and counting) years of losing

So good 2 other pitchers were selected ahead of him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:03 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Kirkwood wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Rodon is going to be better, more quickly than any Cub on the list and have a more impactful career as well. I hope you enjoyed your three (and counting) years of losing

One of them wasn't even wanted by the team that took him. :lol: I'm fairly confident Rodon is going to be the best of the three over the next five seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:31 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Then there will be at least 3 players better than Bryant on that 100 list

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:32 am 

RFDC wrote:
dolphin it is encouraging to see you finally get the quote thing down.

I guess you really can teach old dogs new tricks

I'll be back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:23 pm 

Rodon already has Sale level stuff.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/callis-carlos-rodons-stuff-there-chris-sale

I guess there must be a glut of great pitchers in MLB because the Sox sure seem to have a lot of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:

I guess there must be a glut of great pitchers in MLB because the Sox sure seem to have a lot of them.

Did you actually read the article you cite above, dolphy?

The article does not claim that Rodon "already has Sale level stuff." Rather, it quotes Jim Callis' analysis of Rodon's potential:

Quote:
“He’s making great strides with (the changeup),” Callis said. “You’re talking about lefty who, his pure stuff is going to be right up there with Chris Sale. He maybe needs to tweak the command a little bit, but I think Carlos Rodon will be ready to help the White Sox pretty much whenever they need him to this season.”

Like you, I think Rodon will have a major impact on the Sox--and probably this season. But putting him in Sale's category already seems pretty hyperbolic, no?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Sale is one of the best pitchers in the AL. If Rodon is even a notch below that, he will be damn good.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:07 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Did you actually read the article you cite above, dolphy?

The article does not claim that Rodon "already has Sale level stuff." Rather, it quotes Jim Callis' analysis of Rodon's potential:

Quote:
“He’s making great strides with (the changeup),” Callis said. “You’re talking about lefty who, his pure stuff is going to be right up there with Chris Sale. He maybe needs to tweak the command a little bit, but I think Carlos Rodon will be ready to help the White Sox pretty much whenever they need him to this season.”

Like you, I think Rodon will have a major impact on the Sox--and probably this season. But putting him in Sale's category already seems pretty hyperbolic, no?

like I said Rodon-Stud-World Series

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

White Sox, Woo!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Sale is one of the best pitchers in the AL. If Rodon is even a notch below that, he will be damn good.

He's gonna be really good really soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Barring some sort of injury all I have heard/read is Rodon is the goods.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:14 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Danish's success as a starter hinges on his ability to get lefties out. He's a slinger. Some say he's low 3/4 like Jake Peavy but his arm slot is lower than Peavy's. You don't see any starters who are side-arming right handers because it's too hard to consistently get lefties out from that slot. He'll need a killer slider and change to keep them off his fastball. Both are pretty good but time will tell if they're enough to make him more than just a death on righties ROOGY.

Just watched him pitch on MLB network. I'm even more convinced he's a reliever. That arm action is baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:21 am 

Is it better to develop a guy as a reliever or let him start until he proves he cannot/gets to MLB?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:33 am 

Only spring training but Apologist's guy looking good:
Quote:
A's shortstop Marcus Semien is doing just that to the tune of five hits, two home runs, one walk and seven RBIs in his first six plate appearances this spring.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:53 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Is it better to develop a guy as a reliever or let him start until he proves he cannot/gets to MLB?

They should keep him as a starter for as long as possible to get him more innings and speed up his development. It's not s difficult adjustment to go from starter to reliever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:31 am 

http://newsinteractive.post-gazette.com/baseball-republic/
Quote:
Soon, Papiro would stage a tryout with the White Sox at Centro Olympico. The improved Marte dazzled. But Starling’s first buscone, Lucas, heard that Papiro was promoting him to Chicago and arrived at the field, enraged that his player had been stolen.

“The White Sox scout offered me $70,000,” Papiro recalls. “And then almost at the same time, Lucas arrived with a gun.”

As Starling watched in shock, Papiro stood his ground with Lucas, telling him that he had squandered his chance with Marte and to leave the boy alone. No shots were fired, but the White Sox scout pulled his offer and hightailed it out of Centro Olympico.

“I was scared, and I was crying,” Marte says, “because that was my opportunity, and I did not know if I would get another one.”

Papiro believed there would be others. Two weeks later, he set up a tryout with the Pirates’ Rene Gayo. Marte had already played for Gayo four times and not been signed, so, to him, the proposition felt hopeless.

“When they saw you,” Papiro told him, “you were not a baseball player. Now, you are a baseball player.”

Gayo had actually liked Marte. But his supervising scout, Josue Herrera, felt that Marte had potential character issues and wasn’t worth the risk. Plus, he was well over 18.

“Everybody was treating him like he's a 50-year-old has-been," Gayo says.

Marte had tried out for Gayo before as a shortstop and did not show much defensively. Luckily, Papiro had been training Marte as an outfielder, too, and when Gayo saw him throw from out there, his eyes opened wide.

“He’s graceful,” Gayo says. “He was just such a great athlete. He did everything so easy. When he ran, he ran beautiful.”

Gayo told Herrera that he was going to sign Marte. Gayo recalls Herrera (who is now a buscone) saying, “I don’t want my name on this guy.” Gayo was fine with taking the credit for Marte, offering Papiro $85,000 on the spot. Of course, Papiro took it.

I doubt Marte would become the player he is today under Sox development but what shit luck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:39 pm 

2 years later...IT GOT MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9