All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HahnJob III
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:24 am 

Peavey for a younger Miguel Cabrerra. Genius. World Series

Post subject: Re: HahnJob III
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
If true, very good trade.

My question remains, looks like Detroit gave up way too much for just a guy.

"Got to scout your own backyard"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I don't understand why Detroit just didn't take Alexei.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:07 am 

First thing I heard about this guy from the internet experts is that he is built like Cabrerra. Then I look and see 6'4" 235, which is absolutely nothing like Cabrerra. That's one of the many problems I have with internet minor league experts. They don't even get the basics right. Then, of course, his style of play is nothing like Cabrerra as he has speed, nowhere near the batting skills (who does, but the numbers don't even bear out comparison) and is an outfielder.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:30 am 

good dolphin wrote:
First thing I heard about this guy from the internet experts is that he is built like Cabrerra. Then I look and see 6'4" 235, which is absolutely nothing like Cabrerra. That's one of the many problems I have with internet minor league experts. They don't even get the basics right. Then, of course, his style of play is nothing like Cabrerra as he has speed, nowhere near the batting skills (who does, but the numbers don't even bear out comparison) and is an outfielder.

Have to question why Detroit traded the guy for basically Julio Iglesias, reserve IF and crooner.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:32 am 

Teams knew Peralta was going to get suspended and they also knew Detroit had no internal options to replace him. Dave Dombrowski was bent over Jim Hendry's barrel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Have to question why Detroit traded the guy for basically Julio Iglesias, reserve IF and crooner.

Because they are trying to win this season.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Exactly, it gets them closer to losing their 3rd World Series in 7 years under Jim Leyland.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:48 pm 

Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He is 6 for his last 47 and they gave up an alleged top prospect for a guy who is at best a utility man, for that they traded a top prospect? someone overvalued someone in this trade.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:23 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He is 6 for his last 47 and they gave up an alleged top prospect for a guy who is at best a utility man, for that they traded a top prospect? someone overvalued someone in this trade.

Peralta is going to get suspended. They need a shortstop.

I'm pretty sure that every player in MLB history has gone through a 6 for 47 slump, at some point in their career.

Is this the first time that you have seen a contender trade a top prospect for somebody who can help immediately?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:41 pm 

Iglesias was signed by Theo and Co., so he is destined to be a multiple time all-star at the very least, if not a first ballot HOFer.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:45 pm 

Iglesias is a fantastic defensive player and Detroit doesn't need the offense so Dombrowski used this as an opportunity to greatly upgrade a bad defense. Sure he overpaid but if it ultimately makes them a better team he's not going to lose a lot of sleep over it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
Peavey for a younger Miguel Cabrerra. Genius. World Series

Not quite.