It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:43 pm
Posts: 1408
pizza_Place: Lucio's
select??

Chad Ford has them taking Donovan Mitchell who sounds intriguing:

16. Chicago Bulls

Donovan Mitchell
Louisville
Sophomore
Guard

Mitchell scored some significant buzz at the combine thanks to some freaky Dwyane Wade-esque measurements -- he's 6-foot-1 with a 6-foot-10 wingspan -- and terrific scores on the athletic testing.

I've had several scouts compare him to a young, pre-injury Eric Gordon. He's not the shooter that Gordon was coming out of college, but his jumper is coming along, and his ability to play some point could come in handy for the Bulls. At this point, he's one of the few high-upside guys left on the board.




What do all you college and international basketball guru's think about who they should and who they will select??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 41103
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
From all the reports I've read I guess it's way too early to draft Swanigan but I think he's going to be the steal of the draft.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 41103
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I always laugh at the "he's one of the few high upside guys left this late in the draft" comments on these reports. Draymond Green and Nikola Jokic are 2 of the top 15-20 players in the NBA. Nobody knows anything.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:43 pm
Posts: 1408
pizza_Place: Lucio's
Yeah the experts are the experts - lol.

De'Aaron Fox sounds like an interesting cat (although he'll be long gone by 16).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 10018
FavreFan wrote:
I always laugh at the "he's one of the few high upside guys left this late in the draft" comments on these reports. Draymond Green and Nikola Jokic are 2 of the top 15-20 players in the NBA. Nobody knows anything.


Neither of this is true.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 41103
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I always laugh at the "he's one of the few high upside guys left this late in the draft" comments on these reports. Draymond Green and Nikola Jokic are 2 of the top 15-20 players in the NBA. Nobody knows anything.


Neither of this is true.

Of course it is.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:39 pm
Posts: 2985
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
From all the reports I've read I guess it's way too early to draft Swanigan but I think he's going to be the steal of the draft.


Why Swanigan? He seems like a good college player. Do not see him as a great pro.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 20673
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
The one mock I read had them taking the center from UCLA.

_________________
I don't know. I will ask Jorr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 41103
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
From all the reports I've read I guess it's way too early to draft Swanigan but I think he's going to be the steal of the draft.


Why Swanigan? He seems like a good college player. Do not see him as a great pro.

I'm always willing to gamble on guys who are skilled and extremely hard workers. Bring underdsized also isn't the problem it was even five years ago.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:39 pm
Posts: 2985
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
From all the reports I've read I guess it's way too early to draft Swanigan but I think he's going to be the steal of the draft.


Why Swanigan? He seems like a good college player. Do not see him as a great pro.

I'm always willing to gamble on guys who are skilled and extremely hard workers. Bring underdsized also isn't the problem it was even five years ago.


He seems to lack athleticism though. Looked slow against Kansas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 32866
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Quote:
With the 16th Pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls

Do the decent thing and fold the franchise.

_________________
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been ... nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.
- Isaac Asimov


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 41103
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
From all the reports I've read I guess it's way too early to draft Swanigan but I think he's going to be the steal of the draft.


Why Swanigan? He seems like a good college player. Do not see him as a great pro.

I'm always willing to gamble on guys who are skilled and extremely hard workers. Bring underdsized also isn't the problem it was even five years ago.


He seems to lack athleticism though. Looked slow against Kansas.

I'm ok with that, given his work ethic.

The following guy turned out to be pretty good:
Quote:
Weaknesses: One of those great college basketball players that doesn't excel in any one particular area ... Tweener, undersized for a physical forward yet lacks the athleticism of a wing ... Lacks explosiveness, agility, elusiveness and quickness off the bounce ... Under the rim finisher, which is troublesome when you consider his size ... Not a threat to shake his defender off the dribble ... Minimal upside ... Vulnerable defending quicker guards on the perimeter ... Could stand to drop some weight ...

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 10018
FavreFan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
From all the reports I've read I guess it's way too early to draft Swanigan but I think he's going to be the steal of the draft.


Why Swanigan? He seems like a good college player. Do not see him as a great pro.

I'm always willing to gamble on guys who are skilled and extremely hard workers. Bring underdsized also isn't the problem it was even five years ago.


He seems to lack athleticism though. Looked slow against Kansas.

I'm ok with that, given his work ethic.

The following guy turned out to be pretty good:
Quote:
Weaknesses: One of those great college basketball players that doesn't excel in any one particular area ... Tweener, undersized for a physical forward yet lacks the athleticism of a wing ... Lacks explosiveness, agility, elusiveness and quickness off the bounce ... Under the rim finisher, which is troublesome when you consider his size ... Not a threat to shake his defender off the dribble ... Minimal upside ... Vulnerable defending quicker guards on the perimeter ... Could stand to drop some weight ...


No sizzle on the Michael Sweetney steak :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 10018
Is this draft deep enough to select a guy at 16 that will amount to anything? If Ball is the overriding choice for #2 then how deep can the draft be?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8107
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
long time guy wrote:
Is this draft deep enough to select a guy at 16 that will amount to anything? If Ball is the overriding choice for #2 then how deep can the draft be?

Yeah this might as well be pick 64 for all I care.

I wouldn't mind them taking a chance on Swanigan tho.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 17688
pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
baseball fans are smart enough to plot WAR against draft position. you guys got something like that?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group