It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33264
Crowder is a poor man's Butler. He has a great contract and I wouldn't mind him coming over in a deal that also netted some picks the Bulls way. He's also a year younger.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:46 pm
Posts: 6258
pizza_Place: Giordano's
Anything less than the two Brooklyn firsts is a failure. Jae Crowder should not prevent that from happening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:30 am
Posts: 2799
pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The thing with Crowder too is that it feels like the typical Bulls half-in half-out style of rebuild. I don't dislike him as a player but if you're shipping Jimmy you should be aiming to finish in the lottery this season. Demanding Crowder and Brown plus only one Brooklyn pick indicates the playoff revenue is still the top priority


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42405
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :cry:

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 10764
Obviously Ainge isn't that high on Butler.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 14917
pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
ZephMarshack wrote:
The thing with Crowder too is that it feels like the typical Bulls half-in half-out style of rebuild. I don't dislike him as a player but if you're shipping Jimmy you should be aiming to finish in the lottery this season. Demanding Crowder and Brown plus only one Brooklyn pick indicates the playoff revenue is still the top priority

Getting swept as the 8th seed offsets the cost of paying Crowder? Do Bulls have to share playoff revenue with everyone?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42405
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Obviously Ainge isn't that high on Butler.

Trade deadline isn't over yet. Not everybody is Vlade Divac. Relax.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42405
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Since the team is going nowhere with or without a rebuild, I'd like to see them go balls out for the 8th seed

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33264
FavreFan wrote:
Since the team is going nowhere with or without a rebuild, I'd like to see them go balls out for the 8th seed

Of course you would. You got a hundo riding on it.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42405
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Since the team is going nowhere with or without a rebuild, I'd like to see them go balls out for the 8th seed

Of course you would. You got a hundo riding on it.

:lol:

Exactly

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:46 pm
Posts: 6258
pizza_Place: Giordano's
Quote:
Ainge is notorious for hoarding his assets, but with the East-leading Cavs looking vulnerable and the Celtics on the cusp of contending for the Finals, the forward-looking exec would be wise to seize this window of opportunity. If you’re the Bulls, it’s important to fully commit to a rebuild while Butler’s demand is at a premium.

On that note, Butler obviously wouldn’t come cheap. According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Bulls’ asking price is a high first-round pick, a top prospect (likely Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown) and a current starter (likely Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley). According to Aldridge, Crowder is the “main sticking point” to a deal getting done for Butler, which makes sense given his defensive acumen and team-friendly contract (roughly $7 million per year through 2019-2020).


They are going to royally fuck this up. Two Brooklyn firsts or bust. Christ.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42405
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Quote:
Ainge is notorious for hoarding his assets, but with the East-leading Cavs looking vulnerable and the Celtics on the cusp of contending for the Finals, the forward-looking exec would be wise to seize this window of opportunity. If you’re the Bulls, it’s important to fully commit to a rebuild while Butler’s demand is at a premium.

On that note, Butler obviously wouldn’t come cheap. According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Bulls’ asking price is a high first-round pick, a top prospect (likely Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown) and a current starter (likely Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley). According to Aldridge, Crowder is the “main sticking point” to a deal getting done for Butler, which makes sense given his defensive acumen and team-friendly contract (roughly $7 million per year through 2019-2020).


They are going to royally fuck this up. Two Brooklyn firsts or bust. Christ.

Yeah, I don't really get the insistence of a player back. Just take the two nets picks or tell them no thanks.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33264
FavreFan wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Quote:
Ainge is notorious for hoarding his assets, but with the East-leading Cavs looking vulnerable and the Celtics on the cusp of contending for the Finals, the forward-looking exec would be wise to seize this window of opportunity. If you’re the Bulls, it’s important to fully commit to a rebuild while Butler’s demand is at a premium.

On that note, Butler obviously wouldn’t come cheap. According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Bulls’ asking price is a high first-round pick, a top prospect (likely Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown) and a current starter (likely Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley). According to Aldridge, Crowder is the “main sticking point” to a deal getting done for Butler, which makes sense given his defensive acumen and team-friendly contract (roughly $7 million per year through 2019-2020).


They are going to royally fuck this up. Two Brooklyn firsts or bust. Christ.

Yeah, I don't really get the insistence of a player back. Just take the two nets picks or tell them no thanks.

They'll need to take some salary back. Crowder and the 2 picks would be a great deal, but I don't think Boston would pull the trigger on that.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42405
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Quote:
Ainge is notorious for hoarding his assets, but with the East-leading Cavs looking vulnerable and the Celtics on the cusp of contending for the Finals, the forward-looking exec would be wise to seize this window of opportunity. If you’re the Bulls, it’s important to fully commit to a rebuild while Butler’s demand is at a premium.

On that note, Butler obviously wouldn’t come cheap. According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Bulls’ asking price is a high first-round pick, a top prospect (likely Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown) and a current starter (likely Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley). According to Aldridge, Crowder is the “main sticking point” to a deal getting done for Butler, which makes sense given his defensive acumen and team-friendly contract (roughly $7 million per year through 2019-2020).


They are going to royally fuck this up. Two Brooklyn firsts or bust. Christ.

Yeah, I don't really get the insistence of a player back. Just take the two nets picks or tell them no thanks.

They'll need to take some salary back. Crowder and the 2 picks would be a great deal, but I don't think Boston would pull the trigger on that.

Celtics don't have an overpaid bum to make the deal work?

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33264
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Quote:
Ainge is notorious for hoarding his assets, but with the East-leading Cavs looking vulnerable and the Celtics on the cusp of contending for the Finals, the forward-looking exec would be wise to seize this window of opportunity. If you’re the Bulls, it’s important to fully commit to a rebuild while Butler’s demand is at a premium.

On that note, Butler obviously wouldn’t come cheap. According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Bulls’ asking price is a high first-round pick, a top prospect (likely Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown) and a current starter (likely Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley). According to Aldridge, Crowder is the “main sticking point” to a deal getting done for Butler, which makes sense given his defensive acumen and team-friendly contract (roughly $7 million per year through 2019-2020).


They are going to royally fuck this up. Two Brooklyn firsts or bust. Christ.

Yeah, I don't really get the insistence of a player back. Just take the two nets picks or tell them no thanks.

They'll need to take some salary back. Crowder and the 2 picks would be a great deal, but I don't think Boston would pull the trigger on that.

Celtics don't have an overpaid bum to make the deal work?

Amir Johnson?

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42405
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol:

Yeah he qualifies I think for that label

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 17479
pizza_Place: 6 characters
Jimmy to the Celtics quickly becoming a reality.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38111
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Jimmy to the Celtics quickly becoming a reality.

Where are you seeing this

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 15227
pizza_Place: A few...
3 hours ago – via Twitter NBADraftWass
Jonathan Wasserman: Hearing this could wind up being a 3-team trade between Philadelphia-Boston-Chicago including Butler, Okafor and lots of picks

6 hours ago – via Twitter AdamZagoria

Adam Zagoria: The Celtics could also be acquiring more first-round picks to deal for Jimmy Butler, per league source.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:43 pm
Posts: 1744
pizza_Place: Lucio's
Peoria Matt wrote:
3 hours ago – via Twitter NBADraftWass
Jonathan Wasserman: Hearing this could wind up being a 3-team trade between Philadelphia-Boston-Chicago including Butler, Okafor and lots of picks

6 hours ago – via Twitter AdamZagoria

Adam Zagoria: The Celtics could also be acquiring more first-round picks to deal for Jimmy Butler, per league source.


Need multiple high 1st round picks and a player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38111
Interesting. This was on a wojo parody account. Any reputable sources sharing it?

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 15227
pizza_Place: A few...
RFDC wrote:
Interesting. This was on a wojo parody account. Any reputable sources sharing it?


Real Wojo twitter says Sixers/Boston trade. No Bulls mention.

Those 2 I posted are the only place I've seen it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 28990
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Will not happen

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 15227
pizza_Place: A few...
Nas wrote:
Will not happen


Agreed. GarPax don't have the stones to get involved. Easier to stick with status quo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 782
pizza_Place: Rosati's
Vincent Goodwill had a great point yesterday that I feel few people realize or are talking about: Boston trading down a couple picks means they'll be paying whoever they draft less money than the #1 overall selection. The money saved ($1.2 million) allows them to offer a max deal to Heyward or Griffin (4 years, $131 million). Jimmy's under contract the next 3 seasons for half that. Who knows what Ainge is going to do. He certainly sucks at drafting. His only significant picks are Al Jefferson and Tony Allen (2005) and Avery Bradley (2010). He sucks at signing players too. Should have saved the Al Horford money for this summer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38111
Stephen A Smith said on ESPN that the Celtics will attempt to trade the #3 pick to the Bulls for Butler and in addition to that still go after Heyward in Free agency with the goal of having Thomas, Butler and Heyward to try and take the East away from the Cavs

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42405
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Stephen A Smith said on ESPN that the Celtics will attempt to trade the #3 pick to the Bulls for Butler and in addition to that still go after Heyward in Free agency with the goal of having Thomas, Butler and Heyward to try and take the East away from the Cavs

:lol: :lol:

Well, if Stephen A said it

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38111
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Stephen A Smith said on ESPN that the Celtics will attempt to trade the #3 pick to the Bulls for Butler and in addition to that still go after Heyward in Free agency with the goal of having Thomas, Butler and Heyward to try and take the East away from the Cavs

:lol: :lol:

Well, if Stephen A said it

That was my first reaction as well.

Is that even possible with the salaries?

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 14215
Location: end of lonely street
pizza_Place: Obbies
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Stephen A Smith said on ESPN that the Celtics will attempt to trade the #3 pick to the Bulls for Butler and in addition to that still go after Heyward in Free agency with the goal of having Thomas, Butler and Heyward to try and take the East away from the Cavs

:lol: :lol:

Well, if Stephen A said it

he said it with the conviction of a LTG

_________________
Guilty feet have got no rhythm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 10764
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Stephen A Smith said on ESPN that the Celtics will attempt to trade the #3 pick to the Bulls for Butler and in addition to that still go after Heyward in Free agency with the goal of having Thomas, Butler and Heyward to try and take the East away from the Cavs

:lol: :lol:

Well, if Stephen A said it

he said it with the conviction of a LTG


Well then in that case it is such


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group