It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bulls No-Shows for Norm
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 pm 

Seems no current Bulls players turned up at Norm's funeral last week. Kaplan at WGN goes off on it.

http://wgnradio.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=233

http://caster.wgnradio.com/podcasts/jwp ... 090309.mp3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:54 pm 

this isn't a big deal to me. i doubt any of them really knew him. maybe they ran into him and talked to him from time to time, but i don't think that means they have to go to his funeral.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 pm 

ChEeZ wrote:
this isn't a big deal to me. i doubt any of them really knew him. maybe they ran into him and talked to him from time to time, but i don't think that means they have to go to his funeral.

Sure , to the young players he's just some anonymous old guy who kicked the bucket. The issue is how much class is there in an organization, and judging from this instance there wasn't a whole lot of it. Or at least the Bulls promoters aren't quite like John McDonough. Its about Bulls TRADITION and some old players that actually matter besides the 6-championships crew. Those 60's and 70's guys laid the foundation for all this stuff to happen. And it doesnt hurt to pay their due respects in the news, and show up at the event. Publicity-wise it could even help the organization. As Kap was pointing out, Hawks players and Cubs players did their part and showed at team- related funerals. It could be that Reinsdorf had it in for Norm. Don't know if current Bulls showed at Red's funeral, but at least Red had a UC night before he went. If it doesn't matter, guess it doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

It does seem kinda tacky, then again if Noah showed up in a clown outfit everyone would have blasted the Bulls.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:44 am 

Rocks and Blows wrote:
It does seem kinda tacky, then again if Noah showed up in a clown outfit everyone would have blasted the Bulls.

LOL, good point.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?