It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Offensive boards were killer. Why doesn't Vinny try Tyrus with the pick and roll at the top? Tyrus has been hitting open jumpers at the free throw line and they were doubling Rose off the pick every play tonight. Miller is a better shooter but has no capability of driving to the lane and the Celts will let him get the ball every time just so Rose doesn't have it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
schmitty1121 wrote:
Watching Vinny's press conference is making me sick. He sounds so fucking stupid.

Not only that, but no one took him to task for burning all of the timeouts two games in a row. And I know I heard KC Johnson's voice in the press conference. I'm emailing him right now to find out why he didn't ask.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ok. I'm coming down from this loss.

Let's talk about the good things.

-Gordon was clutch and awesome. We'll always rember this date cuz he didn't on Jordan's 63 anniversary. Both in a loss. :(

-Nas is right. Doc can't coach either

-Celtics can't play defense.

-Bulls play better defense than the Celtics. It's not great but it's better. The Celtics just hit a lot of tough shots. They won't do that in Chicago.

-Tyrus is gonna knock all of their shit away when they drive.

-Rose had a bad game and we were in the game. He won't have bad games in Chicago.

-I have absolute confidence that the Bulls will take games 3 and 4. There is no doubt in my mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Ok. I'm coming down from this loss.

Let's talk about the good things.

-Gordon was clutch and awesome. We'll always rember this date cuz he didn't on Jordan's 63 anniversary. Both in a loss. :(

-Nas is right. Doc can't coach either

-Celtics can't play defense.

-Bulls play better defense than the Celtics. It's not great but it's better. The Celtics just hit a lot of tough shots. They won't do that in Chicago.

-Tyrus is gonna knock all of their shit away when they drive.

-Rose had a bad game and we were in the game. He won't have bad games in Chicago.

-I have absolute confidence that the Bulls will take games 3 and 4. There is no doubt in my mind.

I'm not very confident that the Bulls are going to win both home games. I think in series like these, if you want to pull off an upset, you need 2 road wins because Boston, in my opinion, is not going to lose both of these upcoming games on the road.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:24 pm 

Beardown wrote:

I can't have that level of confidence in a Vinny-coached team. That said, I also thought the calls consistently went against the Bulls. That call where they gave continuation on Pierce's "shot" from beyond the arc was flagrant.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I can't have that level of confidence in a Vinny-coached team.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:18 pm 

Nas wrote:
Games like this is where a coach can make a difference and Vinny isn't that type of coach. The meatball in me wants him fired tomorrow.

I normally resist the coach-killer mentality, but come on. This is just ridiculous. First of all, Rondo burns them time and time again in the first quarter, and they never really adapted. You know Stacey King was about to shit his pants over the refusal of the Bulls to stop Rondo outside the arc and make him give the ball up. And then having Miller in for almost all of the 4th quarter and burning his timeouts up? Fucking shit. I mean, seriously. If the Bulls don't fuck that one up, they have the series on lock.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:53 pm 

meh.. all these complaints are fairly minor for a first year coach. both games he burned his timeouts, but he was only off by one- its not like he was out of timeouts with 6min to go in the 4th quarter.

you guys think were winning the championship this year anyway? i dont know if anyone told lebron he isnt going to win it... i wont tell him that. this series is good experience for rose, tt, and noah. any game we win is awesome, but even if we win the series we aint winning much else.

that said, if we keep this ben gordon we have now, and derrik rose continues his pace, i see banners in our future too (and a hell of a lot of crazy good basketball in the midwest for many years)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

[quote="IkeSouth"]meh.. all these complaints are fairly minor for a first year coach. both games he burned his timeouts, but he was only off by one[quote]

Only off by one. :lol: Ike, that is one of the funniest things I've read on this board. You weren't even trying to be funny and that makes in funnier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:37 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Was KG shooting in his pants at the end of the game? They kept showing him and he kept biting his lip and his face was all contorted. Weird.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:40 am 

Jon Barry is going to grill Vinny on the timeout issue on Mike and Mike in a couple minutes.

EDIT: He actually is cutting him a break.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
I for one am happy with the split. That gives them home court advantage and we will just see who it plays out. Defensive rebound big boys. Very important.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:41 am 

Another reason for last night's loss is because of the Bulls not attacking an injured Rondo on the offensive end. He was obviously slowed in the second half last night, and yet Rose just disappeared. I would have been attacking him and driving to the basket on every possession. Instead they settled for a lot of jumpshots. Gordon was on fire, but most of the other guys on the team couldn't get them to fall. Rose dominated game one and brought almost nothing to game two. Why did they get away from the game plan from Saturday?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Douchebag wrote:
Another reason for last night's loss is because of the Bulls not attacking an injured Rondo on the offensive end. He was obviously slowed in the second half last night, and yet Rose just disappeared. I would have been attacking him and driving to the basket on every possession. Instead they settled for a lot of jumpshots. Gordon was on fire, but most of the other guys on the team couldn't get them to fall. Rose dominated game one and brought almost nothing to game two. Why did they get away from the game plan from Saturday?

Vinnie = Image

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
while it was such a fun game to watch the bulls should have come out of it with a win. there are no excuses for not winning that game. their complete lack of rebounding the entire game and some really silly turnovers down the stretch gave the celtics the game. you shouldnt blow a 5 point lead with 2 minutes to go in the playoffs. i can see the celtics taking that momentum into chicago now and burning the bulls on their home court instead of a defeated celtics team going into a tough united center down 0-2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:17 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Why did they get away from the game plan from Saturday?

Game plan? What the hell is that?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:56 am 

I'm not getting emotionally invested in this Bulls team until Vinny Del Negro isn't the coach.

We saw what the Bulls could be on Saturday. We saw what they are last night. They are a team that could be above average with a coach who is well below average.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:45 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
I for one am happy with the split. That gives them home court advantage and we will just see who it plays out. Defensive rebound big boys. Very important.

Hey Hey we agree. 8)

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Two big problems that hurt the Bulls last night were rebounding & second chance points, and it looked like the Celtics controlled tempo in Game 2. While I'm more than satisfied with a 1-1 split in the first 2 games in Boston, there's another big injury for the soon-to-be former NBA Champions...The Celtics' Leon Powe left last night with an apparent knee injury of his own, and didn't return.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 am 

SHARK wrote:
there's another big injury for the soon-to-be former NBA Champions...The Celtics' Leon Powe left last night with an apparent knee injury of his own, and didn't return.

Yes. That was apparent to all who watched the game.