It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo Ball
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He's a fun player, who has been a great addition to an entertaining team. You have to be an irrational psycho to continue to hate him or root against him for no good reason.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Mavs lamenting NOT signing a very affordable Lonzo Ball after he gave Luka fits the other night
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/11/1 ... s-maverick

Whoa there big fella. Affordable? From what my eyeballs tell me, he's a dime a dozen. This more touchy grabby league is only going to hurt him on the offensive end. No doubt he's good on D, but that's not why he gets 20 mildough. He's supposed to be flying down the floor towards the hoop with the greatest of handles and with excellent floor awareness. All game, every game.

He's the key between being middle of the road 4th best team in the EC and making it to the Finals. He has to be better. HAS to.

Elite 3&D from a young guard easily gets 20 million per in today's NBA. If he was an elite finisher he would have got the full max. Time to wake up. It's 2021, the MLE will be 10 million soon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Like Joe Maddon, LTG's hubris and insecurities will never allow him to admit a mistake or weakness.

We all have our faults.

I contend that Ball has been better than expected and really helps round out a surprisingly competitive squad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
GoldenJet wrote:
Like Joe Maddon, LTG's hubris and insecurities will never allow him to admit a mistake or weakness.

We all have our faults.

I contend that Ball has been better than expected and really helps round out a surprisingly competitive squad.

I agree that he has been, however is his output worthy of $85 Million/4years? The team looks good, but will that contract be an issue if the Bulls need another piece in order to make the next step?

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Mavs lamenting NOT signing a very affordable Lonzo Ball after he gave Luka fits the other night

Whoa there big fella. Affordable? From what my eyeballs tell me, he's a dime a dozen. This more touchy grabby league is only going to hurt him on the offensive end. No doubt he's good on D, but that's not why he gets 20 mildough. He's supposed to be flying down the floor towards the hoop with the greatest of handles and with excellent floor awareness. All game, every game.

He's the key between being middle of the road 4th best team in the EC and making it to the Finals. He has to be better. HAS to.

Elite 3&D from a young guard easily gets 20 million per in today's NBA. If he was an elite finisher he would have got the full max. Time to wake up. It's 2021, the MLE will be 10 million soon.

AK told us what Lonzo would do. He often does not do what we were told he was going to do. I will grant that NBA defenses are getting more latitude and that may have something to do with it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Harvard Dan wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

We all have our faults.

I agree that he has been, however is his output worthy of $85 Million/4years? The team looks good, but will that contract be an issue if the Bulls need another piece in order to make the next step?

I believe he's the 20th highest paid PG on an annual basis. Like someone mentioned above, it's just the going rate these days. I mean Caruso, the backup, got 37$M over four years. That's almost 10M per year for the backup.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
He's a fun player, who has been a great addition to an entertaining team. You have to be an irrational psycho to continue to hate him or root against him for no good reason.

And you are an idiot with stupid basketball thoughts. You add nothing but unlike your fellow hacks I will always respect your right to be an idiot on the internet.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:15 am 

The Missing Link wrote:

And you are an idiot with stupid basketball thoughts. You add nothing but unlike your fellow hacks I will always respect your right to be an idiot on the internet.

This is how you argue. You can't counter anything that was said, so you fly off the handle with insults. He's a fun player who has played well for a team that's entertaining to watch. There is absolutely nothing that you can say based on fact that can counter that. So you throw a temper tantrum instead. Just enjoy the success of the team. Why do you want the Bulls to fail? To prove some message board point?

I never thought Tim Anderson would be a good player based on his first few years. Now he's a joy to watch. I was wrong, and I couldn't be more pleased about it. Just enjoy watching Lonzo Ball play well.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:16 am 

GoldenJet wrote:

We all have our faults.

The person that has been better than expected (not by me) has been Derozan. He is the dude that makes this thing go more than anyone. MANY hated the move for him. (until they didn't of course)

Am I am also "secure" enough in my knowledge of sports to understand the difference between winning with a person (which is what they are doing with Ball) and winning because of a person (which is happening with Derozan).

People here can overrate the move for Ball if they like. Just as they underrated the importance of having Lavine around only 2 years old. Remember that? While they continue to do so I will continue to be "secure" in my thoughts regarding basketball.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:19 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

We all have our faults.

I believe he's the 20th highest paid PG on an annual basis. Like someone mentioned above, it's just the going rate these days. I mean Caruso, the backup, got 37$M over four years. That's almost 10M per year for the backup.

Yep. So far he looks totally worth it and might be a bargain when it's all said and done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:19 am 

This is how you argue. You can't counter anything that was said, so you fly off the handle with insults. He's a fun player who has played well for a team that's entertaining to watch. There is absolutely nothing that you can say based on fact that can counter that. So you throw a temper tantrum instead. Just enjoy the success of the team. Why do you want the Bulls to fail? To prove some message board point?

I never thought Tim Anderson would be a good player based on his first few years. Now he's a joy to watch. I was wrong, and I couldn't be more pleased about it. Just enjoy watching Lonzo Ball play well.

Its because you are an idiot. And too stupid to understand that this was your introduction into the topic. Every topic. None of this got "personal" until you became involved. As usual. And yet you are too dumb to even understand it. Again as usual.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
GoldenJet wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

We all have our faults.

Yep. So far he looks totally worth it and might be a bargain when it's all said and done.

Fair enough, question answered.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:22 am 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If he is as good as they claim that is where the team will end up. Instead they will make Vuk the fall guy because little was expected of Ball anyway. He will go from "straw that stirs the drink" to middling role player in a matter of days. Playoff days. Whatever fits the narrative at that moment.

They were already laying the groundwork a few weeks ago with the Vuk bashing. Mind you a guy that has a proven track record of playing at a high level.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:31 am 

Vuc is going to be just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:37 am 

17th in salary according to Sportstrac. More than a handful of better PGs behind him. One of which is his fearless younger brother.

Maybe some Bulls fans don't realize the abundance of talent at PG. LTG has made a list. People should circle back and look at it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:39 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
No doubt in my that he will. With as wide open as the league happens to be the Bulls are 1-2 minor moves from making this thing real interesting. Couple of back ups at the 4 and 5 and they are good. My guess is that AK is holding out until buyout season hits. You usually can find those guys there. You can't do anything about Ball. Not at least for a couple of seasons anyway. We are stuck with him and I just have to hope for the best. But if he is the reason that they do not go far (as I think he will be) that will be f'd up.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:40 am 

Nardi wrote:
17th in salary according to Sportstrac. More than a handful of better PGs behind him. One of which is his fearless younger brother.

Maybe some Bulls fans don't realize the abundance of talent at PG. LTG has made a list. People should circle back and look at it.

It was funny how quickly it was dismissed here. There are only about 7 that are even questionable. If that many.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nardi wrote:

A bit misleading...his bro is on a rookie contract. His next contract will no doubt exceed Lonzo's, as it should.

The point about talent is also a little confusing...there are better guards than lonzo but that's not the point. It's about the best one available to the Bulls at the time. He isn't some contractual albatross like a John Wall is. His contract is reasonable within today's market.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:49 am 

The Missing Link wrote:

Its because you are an idiot. And too stupid to understand that this was your introduction into the topic. Every topic. None of this got "personal" until you became involved. As usual. And yet you are too dumb to even understand it. Again as usual.

Yeah. I'm the one who looks bad here. Trash going to act like trash.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:57 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

It was funny how quickly it was dismissed here. There are only about 7 that are even questionable. If that many.

Whether you like the guy or not, don't live in a bubble. And don't dismiss why the GM signed him. The reason he probably isn't pushing the ball like we hoped is because he can't finish.

Well, he better fucking start or there's no point to him. your point about steph isn't completely not valid. PGs shouldn't do all their finishing at the 3 point line. Sometimes that's fool's gold.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
Some dudes just don't get it. Ball's ability does not show up in stats. Watch how solid he is. In on the 50-50 plays, gets steals, changes plays, never turns it over. gets boards and gets points in the flow of the game. How many points is he supposed to get (or need to) when the 2 superstars are averaging 60!

On assists: the last guy to pass it gets the assist, not the guy that initiates the outlet pass that makes the play even possible. Bottom line is watch the fucking game in between swigs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:30 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
No doubt in my that he will. With as wide open as the league happens to be the Bulls are 1-2 minor moves from making this thing real interesting. Couple of back ups at the 4 and 5 and they are good. My guess is that AK is holding out until buyout season hits. You usually can find those guys there. You can't do anything about Ball. Not at least for a couple of seasons anyway. We are stuck with him and I just have to hope for the best. But if he is the reason that they do not go far (as I think he will be) that will be f'd up.

I'd love to see a big with athleticism and a bit of a mean streak. No idea who that could be, but a guy who can get under the skin and wear the fuck out of the skilled 7'ers we have to see would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
When you don't develop or draft well you have to overpay for FAs. That's a universal truth in every sport.

2021 PG FAs

Chris Paul 4y 120M to resign 36yo
Kyle Lowry 3y 85M to Miami 35yo
Mike Conley 3y 68M to Utah 34yo
Spencer Dinwiddie 3y 54M to resign 28yo
Dennis Schoder 1y 6M to Boston 28yo
Reggie Jackson 2y 22.5 resigned 31yo
TJ McConnell 4y 33.5M resigned 29yo
Derrick Rose 3y 33.5M resigned 33yo

Lonzo Ball 4y 80M signed with Bulls 24yo

Would some of those guys been better FA signings? Probably. Would any of those signings taken what they got to play for the Bulls? Doubtful. Maybe they should have never let Dinwiddie go. Some of them are old as dirt too. It's not Lonzo's fault the Bulls had to overpay for him. His salary is something to criticize the Bulls for, not Lonzo himself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
KDdidit wrote:
When you don't develop or draft well you have to overpay for FAs. That's a universal truth in every sport.

2021 PG FAs

Chris Paul 4y 120M to resign 36yo
Kyle Lowry 3y 85M to Miami 35yo
Mike Conley 3y 68M to Utah 34yo
Spencer Dinwiddie 3y 54M to resign 28yo
Dennis Schoder 1y 6M to Boston 28yo
Reggie Jackson 2y 22.5 resigned 31yo
TJ McConnell 4y 33.5M resigned 29yo
Derrick Rose 3y 33.5M resigned 33yo

Lonzo Ball 4y 80M signed with Bulls 24yo

Would some of those guys been better FA signings? Probably. Would any of those signings taken what they got to play for the Bulls? Doubtful. Maybe they should have never let Dinwiddie go. Some of them are old as dirt too. It's not Lonzo's fault the Bulls had to overpay for him. His salary is something to criticize the Bulls for, not Lonzo himself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:05 pm 

Yeah. I'm the one who looks bad here. Trash going to act like trash.

Yeah pretty much. There isn't one person here that values your opinion about anything. And you are the same stupid fuck that claimed that the team wouldn't be shit either. Now you are attempting to hop on the bandwagon as if you know what the hell you are talking about. The thread was respectfully flowing along until your dumbass showed up. As usual

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:09 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

A bit misleading...his bro is on a rookie contract. His next contract will no doubt exceed Lonzo's, as it should.

The point about talent is also a little confusing...there are better guards than lonzo but that's not the point. It's about the best one available to the Bulls at the time. He isn't some contractual albatross like a John Wall is. His contract is reasonable within today's market.

Nah Ball is essentially a backup. $20 mil is too much to pay for a backup. That is what his numbers suggest. The Bulls were just so weak at the position (due to Coby White) that they had to overpay for him and anoint him starter.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:41 pm 

He's more of a starter/super 6th man. He regularly plays starter minutes. Backups don't average over 35 minutes a game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:55 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
He's more of a starter/super 6th man. He regularly plays starter minutes. Backups don't average over 35 minutes a game.

They do if they do not have an adequate backup. The Bulls really do not have a backup 1 on the roster.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:13 pm 

WUT?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Harvard Dan wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

We all have our faults.

I think it’s the opposite. The $20 million per season number is that much more attractive when you’re trying to match up salaries for a big time player.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next