It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Bulls Offseason
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
veganfan21 wrote:
People in this thread are forgetting that Zach Lavine played injured since before the ASG. That allows teams to take away DeRozan because Lavine isn't a threat.

Every team has injuries. I'm sure the renowned Bulls medical staff will have Lavine 100% by the playoffs next year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:49 am 

The more I read and see on this draft pick I still do not like it. It seems like even if this kid is good he is not going to come in and have an immediate impact on the team. They are in a win now mode.

But let's see how AK handles the rest of the offseason. They have to address the frontcourt and rim protection. If they fail to do that then this pick becomes even worse.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
KDdidit wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
People in this thread are forgetting that Zach Lavine played injured since before the ASG. That allows teams to take away DeRozan because Lavine isn't a threat.

Every team has injuries. I'm sure the renowned Bulls medical staff will have Lavine 100% by the playoffs next year.

This was a significant/debilitating injury. It's not like he had a nosebleed. It cut into his potency and explains the Bulls downfall from no 1 in the conference.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:58 am 

I think the Bulls in no way being the best team in the conference was a bigger factor in their downfall from the number 1 spot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Can we get a show of hands from anyone that predicted that Boston would be in the Finals this season? Or Miami 2 seasons ago?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:27 am 

RFDC wrote:
The more I read and see on this draft pick I still do not like it. It seems like even if this kid is good he is not going to come in and have an immediate impact on the team. They are in a win now mode.

But let's see how AK handles the rest of the offseason. They have to address the frontcourt and rim protection. If they fail to do that then this pick becomes even worse.

Who would you have picked instead?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Missing Link wrote:
Can we get a show of hands from anyone that predicted that Boston would be in the Finals this season? Or Miami 2 seasons ago?

Boston this year wasn’t that big of a stretch. They ran into a tough Nets team last year but otherwise have played relatively deep into the playoffs the last several seasons. And they have a top 5-10 guy who’s still getting better.

I always think Miami will suck and they always prove me wrong.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:53 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Boston this year wasn’t that big of a stretch. They ran into a tough Nets team last year but otherwise have played relatively deep into the playoffs the last several seasons. And they have a top 5-10 guy who’s still getting better.

That wasn't the question. Did you or anyone actually have them as a team to make the Finals before they made the Finals?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:58 am 

Until a team that I thought was worse than the Bulls make the Finals, instead of teams that I thought were better, it doesn't really matter.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:59 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

That wasn't the question. Did you or anyone actually have them as a team to make the Finals before they made the Finals?

I don’t really think that way unless there’s an obvious, dominant team like the Lebron Cavs or the peak Warriors. Boston would have been on my list of teams that could make it out of the East (pre-season I’d probably have had Milwaukee, Philly and the Nets on that list too).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:08 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I don’t really think that way unless there’s an obvious, dominant team like the Lebron Cavs or the peak Warriors. Boston would have been on my list of teams that could make it out of the East (pre-season I’d probably have had Milwaukee, Philly and the Nets on that list too).

And of the teams on the list Boston probably would have been no higher than 5th probably. The Bulls have 3 guys on the roster that have been All Stars in the past 2 seasons. They have a #4 pick that is about to come into his own this season. There is no reason to think they can't be in the mix for at least the Conference this season. That means they are contenders.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:16 am 

Idk, I hope you’re right but I’d be very surprised if this team was significantly better next year unless there’s some other move between now & then.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:17 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I would have preferred to trade the pick and Coby White for either a higher pick to take someone to help the front court or to get some help from another established player.

If that was not available then I would have wanted to trade down. Get Liddell or Koloko or Jaylin Williams.

If they stayed put then I would have preferred Malaki Branham who the Spurs got a few picks later.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:38 am 

RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I would have preferred to trade the pick and Coby White for either a higher pick to take someone to help the front court or to get some help from another established player.

If that was not available then I would have wanted to trade down. Get Liddell or Koloko or Jaylin Williams.

If they stayed put then I would have preferred Malaki Branham who the Spurs got a few picks later.

I will wait to see the kid play (in summer league of course) but it seems like he is an NBA caliber defender right now and he also is a good passer. He also has a high motor which is important and great size for a guard. I
As far as Coby goes I expect him to be part of a sign and trade once the free agency period starts.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:40 am 

Idk, I hope you’re right but I’d be very surprised if this team was significantly better next year unless there’s some other move between now & then.

If they can get Mitchell Robinson or MO Bamba and another backup at the 3/4 they will be OK. The Bulls problem was not the starting 5 actually it was their bench which was one of the weakest in the league.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:44 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I will wait to see the kid play (in summer league of course) but it seems like he is an NBA caliber defender right now and he also is a good passer. He also has a high motor which is important and great size for a guard. I
As far as Coby goes I expect him to be part of a sign and trade once the free agency period starts.

His size and defense definitely are positives. But the kid cannot score or shoot. We already have Ball and Caruso who get a ton of mins and fill those roles.

Idk. I hope to be wrong on the kid.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's

They were no 1 for half a season in their first year of playing together and under Donovan. That's with Williams on IR and a weak bench. Then they lose Ball and their 6th man. Then Lavine gets injured. There should be improvement just by virtue of bringing everyone back healthy. Then add improvement due to continuity.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:

If "win now" is fake news, it's a great pick.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:34 am 

It didn't matter what the selection happened to becat 18. Everything comes down to Patrick Williams if he comes close to playing like Kawhi (which I think he can) we're good. If he plays like Derrick Mckey (one of my favorite players never to pan out as a great player) we're screwed. Everything hinges on Patrick Williams

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Just need Mo Bamba then it’s title after title.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:03 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

They would've been great but they had to go and trade Lauri Markannen and Wendell Carter

I remember when John Paxson was the target for building a team that was "NBA hell". This regime traded away half a decade or more of draft picks for some fringe All-Stars who will make less of an impact in the playoffs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:24 am 

This idiot was pissed that they traded Lauri Markannen and Wendell Carter :lol: :lol:

If they don’t win 40 games it’s beyond a complete disaster. No picks. No cap. And a trash team. Seems about right though. Lost franchise.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:06 am 

Swap out Carter for Vuc on this team and I’m not sure you’re that worse off.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:48 am 

Swap out Carter for Vuc on this team and I’m not sure you’re that worse off.

Vuc is a two time All Star. Carter will never be an All Star. When Vuc was on Orlando they were a playoff team. With Carter they were a 20 win team. I know there is ton of Vuc hate here but he is a better player than Wendell Carter. And it's not even close

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:41 pm 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Carter will have a better career.

I’m just saying if you gave me the choice between a 17/11 guy in his 30s making $20+ million and a 15/11 guy in his low 20s making $12m, I’m not sure the former necessarily makes your team better. And my impression is Carter has more potential on the defensive side of the ball, which is a huge weakness for this team.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:22 pm 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Carter will have a better career.

I’m just saying if you gave me the choice between a 17/11 guy in his 30s making $20+ million and a 15/11 guy in his low 20s making $12m, I’m not sure the former necessarily makes your team better. And my impression is Carter has more potential on the defensive side of the ball, which is a huge weakness for this team.

He's averaging those numbers on a terrible team however which makes them meaningless as far as I'm concerned. Vuc has a track record of being the best player on a playoff team and an All Star player at that. Wendell Carter has shown himself to be an oft injured loser on bum ass teams.
As far as defense goes he's better than Vuc but for what the Bulls need (rim protection) he doesn't really offer. Plus he is undersized and frequently got pushed around by larger centers. And he was always in foul trouble as a result. I'm good on Carter and ironically the Bulls traded for Vuc shortly after he dropped 43 on him when he was with the Bulls. Guess AK had seen enough by that point

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:00 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Everything comes down to Patrick Williams

This is 100% correct. Playing well at the end in games that were meaningless or blow outs did not excite me. Maybe he will figure it out this year but I am not nearly as optimistic as you are.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
So you think if this Bulls team signs Mo Bamba, they’ll be competitive for a championship. Am I understanding that correctly?

With a couple of additional bench pieces yes. Did you actually pay attention to the NBA Finals or are just praying that the Bulls can go out and trade for Kevin Durant like that idiot Twitter Feed?

Do you actually know that Andrew Wiggins, Otto Porter, Robert Williams and AL Horford were starting games in the NBA Finals? Would you have predicted this last season? Or any season in the past 5 seasons? That alone should tell you that it doesn't take nearly as much to be a "contender" these days as you seem to think.

It still takes Steph Curry, Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi, or Kevin Durant to win. Those were the best players on the court in each of the last 5 NBA Finals.

You could replicate what Boston has done but I didn't see DeRozan and Lavine each put up 20+ points consistently versus the Bucks. DeRozan scored 11 points twice in that series. In addition to those two shitty performances, he shot horribly in a winnable Game 1. You need DeRozan and LaVine to be more like what Tatum and Brown did.

I'm interested in seeing what a Bulls defense would look like with Gobert. That would be a lot of fun to watch. I did just realize this morning that Lonzo cannot score a 2-point basket. I forgot about this because he was out so damn long. Gobert can't score a 2-point basket either. I guess there's ways to work around that but me no likey. That's a little scary. It's why I pray looking at my idiot Twitter feed that the Bulls will somehow end up with Durant :lol:

But you can't just scrap the season because you don't have those 5 guys however. Lebron has missed the playoffs 2 of the 4 years he has been in L.A. and got bounced in the first round in another season.. And there were a number of seasons that guys like Giannis flamed out too. Until they grabbed Jrue Holiday. And Durant was Swept out of the first round this season. By a Boston team that I was told was garbage only this past season. And the biggest problem in that Bucks series for the Bulls wasn't really scoring. It was defending. They had 6'3 Javonte Green checking 7'0 foot Giannis in a playoff series. Why? Because they had no one outside of the Paw that could take the assignment on the roster. You can't go into a another season with that being your primary strategy. The Bulls biggest issue is interior defense and rebounding. It was especially glaring in that Milwaukee series in fact. Milwaukee went big and just murdered the Bulls because they had no answer defensively. And because they had to collapse on the freak all of the time that allowed bums like Grayson Allen to get wide open jump shots all series long. Bobby Portis as well.

The Bulls need guys that are good at protecting the rim and rebounding. They have enough offense. Those guys do not necessarily have to be starters either. They just have to be guys that can match-up defensively with other teams and their bigs once you reach the playoffs. No more small ball garbage.

I still believe you need a superstar on your team to win a championship. LeBron was the best player in 2020. He missed the playoffs in some of his LA years because of injuries to Anthony Davis. That has nothing to do with him winning the Finals in 2020 though. He was the best player. Giannis put up 50 points to clinch in Game 6 last year. He was the best player on the court. Durant is playing with a bunch of scrubs in Brooklyn but he was the best player on the court when he was with Golden State. Steph Curry was the best player in this past series. Tatum and Brown tried their damnedest but it wasn't enough to beat Curry. Tatum and Brown are excellent players and they're absolutely better than DeRozan and LaVine. That was my point.

Good luck with Lonzo and Gobert on the court at the same time. Again, the defense would be fun to watch but jesus christ, neither dude can create their own 2 point bucket.

We are only 1 year removed from the Atlanta Hawks being in the Eastern Conference Finals. Even if we allow for Ice Cold Trae to be a star, he isn't a Superstar. Before that it was Jimmy Butler taking the Heat to the Finals. Again a "star" but not a superstar player. My guy Tatum is a star but he isn't a superstar and I would take Derozan over Jalen Brown every day of the week.. The question is whether the Bulls can compete for a championship. Not whether they are favorites to win a championship.
There are no "great" teams in the NBA these days. G.S. isn't a great team. Milwaukee isn't a great team and neither is Phoenix or Dallas. How can you be considered "great" when your 2nd best player is Andrew Wiggins? They are a good team and so are the Bulls. This is all you need to be in order to be a "contender" in today's NBA.

I take your point about competing for a championship versus being among the 2, 3, or 4 teams that are favorites. I don't agree with you that there aren't any "great" teams in the NBA though. I think our opinion on that may depend on what happens the next couple of weeks though. I'd be scared of the Clippers getting Kawhi back and healthy. Jamal Murray coming back is big for Denver. What can Phoenix do with a sign and trade for Ayton? The Lakers may be a great team if they can replace Westbrook. The West is a strong conference is what I'm saying. So, I guess I'm playing right into what you're saying as far as the East being more open. Giannis is a tough son of a bitch though.

I think you're so wrong taking DeRozan over Jaylen Brown. I saw Jaylen, despite his trouble dribbling :lol:, take over during periods of the NBA Finals. I love DeRozan, but again, he scored 11 points in two of those 1st Round games, and that is excluding his disappointing performance in Game 1. He can't shoot 3s either.

I agree with you about Vucevic. Wendell Carter can put up whatever numbers he wants to put up in Orlando. I'll take Vucevic any day. I thought he played well versus Milwaukee. He's not going to defend. I get that. I just wish he shot the ball a little better. And maybe that will happen next season. I just can't stand the thought of having Gobert and Lonzo on the court at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:13 am 

conns7901 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

This is 100% correct. Playing well at the end in games that were meaningless or blow outs did not excite me. Maybe he will figure it out this year but I am not nearly as optimistic as you are.

He has to stop deferring but Donovan has to also put in a position where he can better succeed too. He can't continue to use him the exact same way that Danton, Budenholzer and now Spoelstra use P.J. Tucker. He has had him stashed in the corner waiting for kickout passes for 2 years now. That has to change.
He also has to convey the message to his "Big 3" to get this kid the ball too. There are too many times where he will go an entire quarter seemingly without touching the ball. 1 game in particular the Bulls "Big 3" took over 70 shots combined for the game out of about 85-90. That has to change also. 1-2 from group needs to take a step back.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
conns7901 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

So the strategy is to hope that a guy who was a bench player in college develops into one of the best players in the world. How exciting. So much better than the Paxson years.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next