It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fixing The Bull
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
I think the ultimate plan here is to land Blake Griffin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Matches Malone wrote:

Gar Forman wrote:
Well, great question Craig. And by the way, I just want to say on TV here...we knew you'd beat this thing. The National Basketball Association would never be the same without you. Well, we made this move...and last season's moves.... with the ultimate goal of never hitting any three point shots. That is a lofty goal...but a clear goal of this organization. We also need to get back on defense a bit slower. Possibly not at all. The front court is where you score all of your points...and offense is where the NBA is headed. So we figure, the more you're in the front court...the more points you score. Or at least...that is what this Freddy kid tells us works at the YMCA in Ames. You should see the scoring there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:58 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
in 2022.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:30 pm 

Nikola Morotic has to start. No Taj fan but you can't start him and Lopez together. That would be the worst offensive 4-5 combo in the league.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nikola Morotic has to start. No Taj fan but you can't start him and Lopez together. That would be the worst offensive 4-5 combo in the league.

What's the line-up out there when you're trying to close a game out?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:40 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Probably have to take your chances with the starters. Any lineup with Taj. and Lopez is going to struggle to score. Rondo not much of a scorer though he is an offensive player. Morotic would have to become a smarter player. They need to find out what he is this year.

Rondo doesn't shoot free throws well but you have to have him in there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Probably have to take your chances with the starters. Any lineup with Taj. and Lopez is going to struggle to score. Rondo not much of a scorer though he is an offensive player. Morotic would have to become a smarter player. They need to find out what he is this year.

Yeah the line between guarding a lead and trying to extend it late is going to be a thin one all year long.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:48 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Yeah the line between guarding a lead and trying to extend it late is going to be a thin one all year long.

Lopez and Butler are plus defenders. Maybe Rondo can be motivated to play defense. The only true liability will be Mirotic. You may have to concede that in order to avoid long scoring droughts. Any scenario where Taj is playing more than 20 min per is bad. They need to also find out what they have in Portis. Maybe they can find backup min. for him at the 4/5 spots. He has to get better defensive ly and improve his shot selection too. He falls in love with that jump shot a little too much, but I like him though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
You go with the best defensive lineup. Wade and Butler should be able to handle the scoring and Lopez and Taj should be able to hit an open jumper. I've soured on Mirotic. He's a case.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:20 pm 

When did the Bulls sign Morotic?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:22 pm 

IMU wrote:

You truly are a funny guy. No not really you are. Ever tried stand up?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

You truly are a funny guy. No not really you are.

This won't help shed your profile.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:26 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

You truly are a funny guy. No not really you are.

This won't help shed your profile.

Not really trying to. I figured a dim bulb such as yourself would have difficulty figuring it out whether his name was spelled correctly or not. In your case really doesn't matter much does it?

I guess the message board world has moved on from your meandering baseball thoughts, thus you feel the need to scoot back over into hoops nation. Undoubtedly will be a corresponding dip in the quality of "analysis" existent in the thread.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:29 pm 

If you and bigfan split your comma usage down the middle, maybe we'd have a poster that knew how to use them properly.

One cannot get away with questioning the intelligence of others when they make as many 'mistakes' as you do. To put it plainly. That ship won't sail.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:34 pm 

IMU wrote:
If you and bigfan split your comma usage down the middle, maybe we'd have a poster that knew how to use them properly.

One cannot get away with questioning the intelligence of others when they make as MANY 'mistakes' as you do. To put it plainly. That ship won't sail.

You are now an English major? How did you manage to slip that one past the audience?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:41 pm 

IMU wrote:

One cannot get away with questioning the intelligence of others when they make as MANY 'mistakes' as you do. To put it plainly. That ship won't sail.

It's fair to question your intelligence. Only a fool would make an issue of something that was an obvious typo. You seem to do that quite a bit too. Constant game of gotcha. It is exemplary of an inherent insecurity that you apparently have. You rarely have anything of substance to add to any discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

You are now an English major? How did you manage to slip that one past the audience?

Enlighten me, audience. How did I?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:45 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Enlighten me, audience. How did I?

Invoking the name of the dearly departed big fan as a means of pandering. That's just low rent. Can never go wrong as long as you bash big fan. Maybe his name should be capitalized? I defer to your area of expertise.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:48 pm 

I know you're new, but I'm an O.G. bigfan basher.

I have the ban history to prove it. Major board cred, son.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nas wrote:
You go with the best defensive lineup. Wade and Butler should be able to handle the scoring and Lopez and Taj should be able to hit an open jumper. I've soured on Mirotic. He's a case.

I don't like Mirotic much at this point either, but I think they absolutely have to start him just because he'd be the one perimeter threat on the floor. Otherwise you'll have defenses clogging every single potential lane Butler, Wade, and Rondo could use and daring them to shoot.

I've actually kind of been persuaded that it would be best to have Rondo coming off the bench with a starting 5 of Wade/Butler/McDermott/Mirotic/Lopez, but I know those absolutely no chance that will happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:54 pm 

IMU wrote:
I know you're new, but I'm an O.G. bigfan basher.

I have the ban history to prove it. Major board cred, son.

And you lived to tell about it. Well I'll say. That is quite the feat. Or should I have said feet. Once again I will defer to your area of expertise.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't like Mirotic much at this point either, but I think they absolutely have to start him just because he'd be the one perimeter threat on the floor. Otherwise you'll have defenses clogging every single potential lane Butler, Wade, and Rondo could use and daring them to shoot.

I've actually kind of been persuaded that it would be best to have Rondo coming off the bench with a starting 5 of Wade/Butler/McDermott/Mirotic/Lopez, but I know those absolutely no chance that will happen.

I think you have to start Mirotic also. He has to improve his shot selection and get better on defense though. Lopez will help clog the lane and that will help the Bulls team defense. You can't have 3 non scorers in there. They have to start Mirotic or maybe Portis if he has taken that extra step.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:30 pm 

IMU wrote:

Not trying to be overly critical, but "to put it plainly" is not a complete sentence. I know a man of your literary ilk isn't prone to making such errors, thus I will neither criticize nor ridicule. I am simply pointing this transgression out before the thundering herd feels the need to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:58 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Not trying to be overly critical, but "to put it plainly" is not a complete sentence. I know a man of your literary ilk isn't prone to making such errors, thus I will neither criticize nor ridicule. I am simply pointing this transgression out before the thundering herd feels the need to do so.

Bonus points if you can tell me what it is, besides an incomplete sentence.

I will tell you, if you don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:04 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

It's a fragmented sentence.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:56 am 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Besides that. Incomplete sentence = fragment. There are kinds of fragments.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:07 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Besides that. Incomplete sentence = fragment. There are kinds of fragments.

English grammar games? Prepositional phrase. This is why I question your intelligence. Guys that play trivia games in an effort to demonstrate intelligence are they themselves intellectual lightweights. I work in education. I encounter educators that use this tactic often. They always come off as idiotic, particularly when proven wrong about something.

You made a grammatical error even as you were criticizing me for making a grammatical error. Drive-by cheapshots seem to be your stock and trade, but they're a little juvenile even for a message board.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: ------
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
in 2022.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:52 am 

long time guy wrote:
English grammar games? Prepositional phrase. This is why I question your intelligence. Guys that play trivia games in an effort to demonstrate intelligence are they themselves intellectual lightweights. I work in education. I encounter educators that use this tactic often. They always come off as idiotic, particularly when proven wrong about something.

You made a grammatical error even as you were criticizing me for making a grammatical error. Drive-by cheapshots seem to be your stock and trade, but they're a little juvenile even for a message board.

Infinitive phrase. One of the most common types of fragments, in casual conversations.

Also, being a janitor hardly counts as working in education. Calm down.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:00 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Infinitive phrase. One of the most common types of fragments, in casual conversations.

Also, being a janitor hardly counts as working in education. Calm down.

You are trying to deflect from the fact that you made a grammatical error. It's a nice try but it only further reveals just how much of a fool that you happen to be.

Your silly arguments are mostly ignored in the baseball threads so now you are trying to reroute to basketball country. Nice try and it won't work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next