It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo Ball
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The Missing Link wrote:
The signing of Lonzo Ball is probably the worst move that AK has made thus far.

Yup.. another L for farvefan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
312player wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Even if you believe in him as a player, it would be tough to overlook the fact that he misses about half the season every season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Uh-oh

Quote:
Speaking via Zoom from Los Angeles, Ball painted an unclear picture about his return to the court and hinted that missing the entire 2022-23 season was not entirely off the table.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2022 ... -off-table

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:24 pm 

I used to shit on guys for not playing through injury but basketball you really can't. Not in today's league where everyone is so damn good and you need to play out of your mind just to compete. Even small injuries can mean you're a terrible player compared to a terrible players that's healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Uh-oh

Quote:
Speaking via Zoom from Los Angeles, Ball painted an unclear picture about his return to the court and hinted that missing the entire 2022-23 season was not entirely off the table.

I hate to say it but this is looking like it may be one of the worst signings in modern Chicago sports history. (& I was in favor of it)

ORLANDO, Fla. — The Chicago Bulls are creeping closer to shutting down point guard Lonzo Ball for a second straight season.

Ball hasn’t played since Jan. 14, 2022, when he suffered a small tear in the MCL in his right knee. That has spiraled into an increasingly confounding injury requiring two surgical procedures and continuing to cause him pain.
Although the Bulls haven’t set a firm cutoff date for Ball to return this season, they are facing a rapidly shortening runway. If Ball can’t make a drastic improvement in the next three weeks before the All-Star break, coach Billy Donovan said the Bulls likely will sit down for a formal discussion on Ball’s season — and his future.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Uh-oh

Quote:

I hate to say it but this is looking like it may be one of the worst signings in modern Chicago sports history. (& I was in favor of it)

ORLANDO, Fla. — The Chicago Bulls are creeping closer to shutting down point guard Lonzo Ball for a second straight season.

Ball hasn’t played since Jan. 14, 2022, when he suffered a small tear in the MCL in his right knee. That has spiraled into an increasingly confounding injury requiring two surgical procedures and continuing to cause him pain.
Although the Bulls haven’t set a firm cutoff date for Ball to return this season, they are facing a rapidly shortening runway. If Ball can’t make a drastic improvement in the next three weeks before the All-Star break, coach Billy Donovan said the Bulls likely will sit down for a formal discussion on Ball’s season — and his future.

I agree this is a disaster but I think it's more misfortune than it is mismanagement, no? I don't remember Ball having an injury history and if he didn't maybe this is just all bad luck. I'll basically delete this post if he had an injury history/risk at the time and the Bulls signed him anyway.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:16 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Uh-oh

Quote:

I think it was Ball's own handpicked doctors that performed the first surgery also. I believe that i read that somewhere.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:18 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I agree this is a disaster but I think it's more misfortune than it is mismanagement, no? I don't remember Ball having an injury history and if he didn't maybe this is just all bad luck. I'll basically delete this post if he had an injury history/risk at the time and the Bulls signed him anyway.

This post was made nearly a year ago to the day.

The Missing Link wrote:
Since Lonzo Ball has been a pro he has played in 20 fewer games than Joel Embiid. Think about that one for a second.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Uh-oh

Quote:

I think it was Ball's on handpicked doctors that performed the first surgery also. I believe that i read that somewhere.

How do you fuck up a meniscus scope? It's basic. Me and you could it in a pinch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
If you were worried about his injury history/risk at the time of the signing then good call. I had no idea.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:12 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Uh-oh

Quote:

I think it was Ball's on handpicked doctors that performed the first surgery also. I believe that i read that somewhere.

How do you fuck up a meniscus scope? It's basic. Me and you could it in a pinch.

^^^THIS plus a smallish mcl tear gets played on all the time. It just doesn’t hurt that much.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Can't believe this would happen to the team that almost killed Luol Deng with a spinal tap.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:58 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
On no fucking planet is DeError Fox better than Lonzo Ball stop yourself, watch the games.

Very farvefanesque

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Fox is still trash. Ball will come back next year and 'Ball out with a contract on the line. The Bulls should trade him at the deadline then

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:02 pm 

312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
On no fucking planet is DeError Fox better than Lonzo Ball stop yourself, watch the games.

Very farvefanesque

Hey 312 last year CB gave us this.
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brunson sucks. He's getting murdered by Caruso

Everyone sucks in the world of Bandwagon Bob.

Here are the stats
https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... sja01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... llo01.html

I scout the games, not the stat lines

The hits just keep getting better and better for you CB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Brunson, another "looter in a riot", you aspire to teach CRT one day so you should know what that is :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:05 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brunson, another "looter in a riot", you aspire to teach CRT one day so you should know what that is :wink:

That's quite the "Stretch" Hawk Harrelson!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:22 pm 

Lavine deal will be worse than the Ball deal before its over.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:31 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

Disagree with that. They can trade Lavine. You can't do anything with Ball except eat the money.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:45 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
312player wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Even if you believe in him as a player, it would be tough to overlook the fact that he misses about half the season every season.

Yeah..he's soft. He conveniently got injured before he could be traded several times.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:46 am 

conns7901 wrote:

Nah, not even close

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:51 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
conns7901 wrote:

I agree. It was easy to see he wasn't a guy you pay.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:53 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
I think it was Ball's own handpicked doctors that performed the first surgery also. I believe that i read that somewhere.

how these players can't find competent doctors is shocking to me. and i have a hollistic aunt that knows how to fix a muscle tear "within a few days" :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:55 am 

312player wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
312player wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Yeah..he's soft. He conveniently got injured before he could be traded several times.

Yep. There is a lot of confidence and respect for a dude that never has proven shit in the NBA. The mere fact that Caller Bob is a huge fan is reason enough to know that Ball isn't shit.
There is a ton of chatter going around with the online witch doctors that Ball may never play again. Based mostly on a Cowley report that claims that Ball has had 6 doctors look at the knee and not a one can diagnose exactly what the source of the pain happens to be.
From that they are concluding that Ball has a degenerative knee and is hence done. I'm starting to think that as well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:57 am 

Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

No matter how bad Lavine's deal happens to be, it is impossible for it to ever be worse than a dude that isn't even playing. And with a better coach Lavine could still be an All Star level player. Just not Max. That Ball deal is killing the franchise currently.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:00 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

how these players can't find competent doctors is shocking to me. and i have a hollistic aunt that knows how to fix a muscle tear "within a few days" :lol:

I believe you. I also think that Ball doesn't want to play basketball. I never believed that he was ever fully vested in being a basketball player. Too much "Big Baller Brand" from the very beginning and not enough hooper for me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
312player wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
312player wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Yep. There is a lot of confidence and respect for a dude that never has proven shit in the NBA. The mere fact that Caller Bob is a huge fan is reason enough to know that Ball isn't shit.
There is a ton of chatter going around with the online witch doctors that Ball may never play again. Based mostly on a Cowley report that claims that Ball has had 6 doctors look at the knee and not a one can diagnose exactly what the source of the pain happens to be.
From that they are concluding that Ball has a degenerative knee and is hence done. I'm starting to think that as well.

Then he needs to play tomorrow. I'm pretty sure when they're ALL 50, getting out of bed is like unfolding a rusty lawn chair. They can still go to meetings.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

No matter how bad Lavine's deal happens to be, it is impossible for it to ever be worse than a dude that isn't even playing. And with a better coach Lavine could still be an All Star level player. Just not Max. That Ball deal is killing the franchise currently.

I understand your point, but Ball is tying up 15% of our cap space, and was signed to be a complimentary player. Lavine takes up 30% of our cap and he's supposed to be a superstar player. He's not even an all star.

DeRozan is the best player on the team, and he's been consistently great since he arrived. He plays a style of basketball that should age well. Dump Lavine and build around Demar. Lavine can't handle being Robin.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:05 pm 

You want to build around a 34 year old dude?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:06 pm 

Lavine is the same guy he's always been, the bulls just overpaid him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next