It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022-23 Bulls Season
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Yes, I opine on performances, just like everyone else. Where did I say I wanted him gone? You have proved nothing and just wasted 4 hours out of your day on me! I really occupy space up there, aren't you supposed to be teaching now?

He kinda has you on this one CB. I thought about bumping "the Next Dirk" thread as an "I told you so" sort of thing but the truth is I wanted Lauri bounced and said so on numerous occasions here. I was wrong.
Crazy thing is that if they still had him they might be legit contenders right now.

Wrong!!!

You weren't pumping Lauri Markannen CB. You're Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Yes, I opine on performances, just like everyone else. Where did I say I wanted him gone? You have proved nothing and just wasted 4 hours out of your day on me! I really occupy space up there, aren't you supposed to be teaching now?

He kinda has you on this one CB. I thought about bumping "the Next Dirk" thread as an "I told you so" sort of thing but the truth is I wanted Lauri bounced and said so on numerous occasions here. I was wrong.
Crazy thing is that if they still had him they might be legit contenders right now.

Wrong!!!

You were wrong in the slightest sense. He's on his 3rd NBA team(technically 4th) and didn't figure it out in the NBA. He figured it out in a euro Summer tournament. Just a very odd way for the light bulb to come on, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:49 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Wrong!!!

You were wrong in the slightest sense. He's on his 3rd NBA team(technically 4th) and didn't figure it out in the NBA. He figured it out in a euro Summer tournament. Just a very odd way for the light bulb to come on, isn't it?

I get that but the kid is All Star player this year. And he was only traded this season because the Cavs wanted Donovan Mitchell. The Bulls basically gave the kid away. The Jazz on the other hand, made off like bandits in that trade.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:00 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Wrong!!!

I get that but the kid is All Star player this year. And he was only traded this season because the Cavs wanted Donovan Mitchell. The Bulls basically gave the kid away. The Jazz on the other hand, made off like bandits in that trade.
He was given away because that what he was worth at the time. He was one of the rare players, no matter the sport, they somehow find a venue or situation where the light bulb comes on. No one can say he is an all star with the Bulls. Because the light bulb maybe DOESN'T come on. To assume so is revisionist history.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:48 am 

Nardi wrote:
He was given away because that what he was worth at the time. He was one of the rare players, no matter the sport, they somehow find a venue or situation where the light bulb comes on. No one can say he is an all star with the Bulls. Because the light bulb maybe DOESN'T come on. To assume so is revisionist history.

But the fact remains that he is an All Star this year. And MANY (including myself) never thought this would ever have happened.

You can't miss on a player like that if you're a GM or coach. That's why they get paid the big bucks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:39 pm 

If he was still here, he still could be shit. Unfortunately, we can't travel to the parallel universe where he's still here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:44 pm 

Nardi wrote:
If he was still here, he still could be shit. Unfortunately, we can't travel to the parallel universe where he's still here.

Nah if you play you can play. He can obviously play.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:01 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Sometimes you need a change of scenery to grow.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:32 am 

conns7901 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Sometimes you need a change of scenery to grow.

More like a change of coaches. He played well under Hoiberg and not so well under Boylen. He didn't play all that well under Billy D but I don't put it much on Donovan because he didn't really coach him all that long. Plus by the time Donovan became coach the Bulls were ready to move on. Too much bad blood it seemed on both sides. If they had the kid now (particularly at the price he signed for) they would be squarely in the title picture .

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:22 pm 

And it was the same thing in Cleveland. For whatever reason, he hit the light switch in Europe this summer. It had little to nothing to do with the NBA his 5, count them, 5 previous seasons. I don't know if he found the Lord, had Konerko Syndrome, whatever, but let's stop pretending that it could have been seen coming. ONLY Bob saw it so that should end the argument.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:36 pm 

Nardi wrote:
And it was the same thing in Cleveland. For whatever reason, he hit the light switch in Europe this summer. It had little to nothing to do with the NBA his 5, count them, 5 previous seasons. I don't know if he found the Lord, had Konerko Syndrome, whatever, but let's stop pretending that it could have been seen coming. ONLY Bob saw it so that should end the argument.

Cleveland traded him because they wanted Donovan Mitchell. And Markannen (as stated) played well under Hoiberg and regressed under Boylen who was a terrible coach. He actually played well for Cleveland last year even though he was playing out of position as a 3 man.

It doesn't matter if guys on a message board "saw it coming" or not. Your job is not based on whether you "see it coming" or not. You or I can throw out as much dumb shit about the kid as we want and it will have zero impact. However the GM (who I like) and coach whose job depends on whether they "see it coming or not" should not have missed that badly on this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:46 pm 

Things happen due to the sequence of events. It's a terrible argument to travel to the parallel universe of Markkanen on the Bulls in 2023 and claim he's is averaging 24 and 9. A categorically flawed argument.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:01 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Things happen due to the sequence of events. It's a terrible argument to travel to the parallel universe of Markkanen on the Bulls in 2023 and claim he's is averaging 24 and 9. A categorically flawed argument.

"Sequence of events"? What does that mean? Either you thought the kid could play or you didn't. I soured on the kid big time and thought he should be traded. That still doesn't mean that I was correct about it. I got it wrong. A lot of people did and no amount of "revising" it to "suit the moment" will change that.

And he also wouldn't have to put up 24 and 9 for the Bulls to be in contention either. All he would have to be is a factor on the team. Something which he is obviously showing that he could have been.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Strange to see Nardi go to bat for the Bulls Front Office.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:06 pm 

If I have to explain that life goes from step 1, then 2 and so on, and not from step 1 to 5, this is fruitless. It's like saying Brady would have 9 trips to the Super Bowl if he was on the Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:12 pm 

Nardi wrote:
If I have to explain that life goes from step 1, then 2 and so on, and not from step 1 to 5, this is fruitless. It's like saying Brady would have 9 trips to the Super Bowl if he was on the Bears.

. And if I have to explain how Lauri Markannen was not some bum that all of a sudden had the "switch" go on for him in year 6 (as you are attempting to fallaciously state now) then you really happened to have not been paying all that much attention to him or the Bulls during his first couple of years. The kid did average 19 and 9 during his second year in the league after all. Which early on clearly demonstrated that he knew how to play.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
It's about logic, LTG, not so much about Lauri. You employ hindsight bias a lot. Just because Lauri became X in 2022 doesn't mean everyone could see X back in 2017, 2018, 2019, etc., even if it was their job.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:36 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
It's about logic, LTG, not so much about Lauri. You employ hindsight bias a lot. Just because Lauri became X in 2022 doesn't mean everyone could see X back in 2017, 2018, 2019, etc., even if it was their job.

Nah its known as "giving up on a player" way too early. If the kid shitted the bed after leaving you'd likely be one of the first people here to holler "told you so". It is also not "hindsight" anything. I got it wrong and I'm comfortable admitting that. MANY here are not for some strange reason. And again it doesn't much matter what people on a message board think anyway. Your job isn't based on making the right call on these sort of things. AK's is however. This is a big miss on his part.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I think everyone saw Lauri's potential but he wasn't getting very many shots or minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
that dunk he threw down was pretty sick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:10 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
I think everyone saw Lauri's potential but he wasn't getting very many shots or minutes.
Most had soured on him. Including me but it seems that the best path for the Bulls to have been contending currently would be to have kept him on the roster. He signed for peanuts in that sign and trade.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Missing Link wrote:
it seems that the best path for the Bulls to have been contending currently would be to have kept him on the roster.

This is called hindsight bias.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:21 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
it seems that the best path for the Bulls to have been contending currently would be to have kept him on the roster.

Nah its actually called watching the games and knowing the construction of the team as opposed to simply arguing on a message board about a team that you really don't care that much about. Better to simply bitch about how "GarPax" and "Reinsdorf" have prevented you from being a fan of the team as usual I guess.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:27 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

This was a quote from "Mr. Objectivity" from only a month and a half ago. Some might say that there was quite the "correlation of thought" which was found here

veganfan21 wrote:
The one thing holding them back from great appears to be underperformance at the four spot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
"Onions". what is that with Chuck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:33 pm 

Caruso blows.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nardi wrote:
Caruso blows.

Well he is married to a guy....so I assumed so.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:44 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I'd think you could get an unprotected 2027 1st and 2029 1st from the Lakers for DeRozan and probably Caruso to match the salaries with Westbrook included. Westbrook is a free agent this summer. LaVine could go to the Lakers or Dallas or New York -- or Miami for some 1st Round picks as well. Tyler Herro would be a nice asset coming from Miami at just 22 years old. You could deal Vucevic too and just do a complete rebuild and come out like the Bears.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:08 am 

Bulls need to shitcan Billy D immediately but won't. He isn't a good coach, which is why they continue to lose so many close games.

As stated previously with Lauri and say a Jalen Brunson (another dude they could have had and I advocated for actually) they'd be title contenders right now. Instead we have Derrick Jones and the corpse that is Lonzo Bailin their place. Not to mention bum ass Coby White, and star players in Derozan and Lavine who are used as and comport to mention themselves as if they are superstars.

AK did a good job of making the team relevant initially, but his decision to run this undersized team back was a big mistake. There is talent here but what he has chosen to surround it with is a joke. He drafted a kid in the middle of the first (which should be in theory a rotation guy) that doesn't even play. Don't know if that is on the kid or Donovan. Probably both. He has no true power forward or point guard on the roster and has a coach who plays his guards as power forwards and his wings as Centers. The shit is a joke at this point. And the crazy thing about it is as bad as they play, and are coached, they will still be a .500 team by year's end. That's how I know there is actual talent on the squad.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Last night’s debacle shows why Lavine should not be taking the last shot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next