It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
KDdidit wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
It floats my boat if an assigned career backup can drop 22/6 against the best defensive team in the league.

But PWill was like -19 last night.

If the Bulls were to put both players on the market tomorrow one guy would still fetch a couple of first rounders while the other would fetch an expiring contract. Pretty much sums up what their respective "values" happens to be now doesn't it?

Hyperbolic much dude?

Not really.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:52 pm 

Ayo is so great that in 10-11 months he still has been unable to make people forget about the "immortal" Lonzo Ball. Yar!

And by the way anyone interested in discussing just how Lonzo is supposed to be better than Jalen Brunson right now? :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The Missing Link wrote:
It floats my boat if an assigned career backup can drop 22/6 against the best defensive team in the league.

If the Bulls were to put both players on the market tomorrow one guy would still fetch a couple of first rounders while the other would fetch an expiring contract. Pretty much sums up what their respective "values" happens to be now doesn't it?

I guess if you were the other GM. Nobody is giving up 2 first rounders for Patrick Williams.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The Missing Link wrote:

I guess if you were the other GM. Nobody is giving up 2 first rounders for Patrick Williams.

Some top team that's going to draft in the late 20's might! But that's worth as much as an expiring contract.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:06 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

The Bulls already turned down Gobert in order to keep the PAW. His stock hasn't dropped that much after 4 games.

And besides this is about AYO. Who can't even make people forget about the "immortal" Lonzo after 10-11 months of "manning" the position. Yeah he sure is the "change" that we have been waiting for.

And I say this as a huge AYO guy right now. If for no other reason than the fact that he supplanted that bum Coby White. Something which I predicted last year around this time by the way.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:08 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Some top team that's going to draft in the late 20's might! But that's worth as much as an expiring contract.

Nah. If the Bulls put him on the market tomorrow the kid would still attract a helluva lot of interest around the league. Why? Because the talent is there and Everyone knows it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:27 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Well....anytime he wants to demonstrate it, I'll be his biggest fan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:29 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Bulls already turned down Gobert in order to keep the PAW.

I heard something about that and I just assumed it wasn't true.

Because if it is true, Good Lord why?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Did anyone else see the article in the Sun Times about a CPS employee moonlighting as a publicist for Williams

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:44 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

Well let's see. "Aging big" vs 21 year old with MAJOR upside. Which way would you go?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:46 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Well let's see. "Aging big" vs 21 year old with MAJOR upside. Which way would you go?

I’d go DPOY who is 30 next to a bunch of guys that age and go for it.

No way that trade would have happened.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:56 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Yeah the Bulls would have been stupid to make that move.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:48 pm 

LOL. Well, that's not what I meant but I enjoyed your take.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Yeah the Bulls would have been stupid to make that move.

AK hasn't exactly proven himself to be one of the shrewder operators in the NBA thus far.

The guy hands out more guaranteed money to gimps than Chas hands out roofies to middle school girls.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
AKs worst move? Ball

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:12 pm 

312player wrote:
AKs worst move? Ball

Yep and they'd look a whole helluva lot better if they'd made the move for John Wall as I suggested this time last season 312

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:52 am 

Which non-tanking team would trade for Patrick Williams and make him the center piece of their offense?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
LTG's day 1 moves as new GM of the Bulls:

1) Trade DeRozan and LaVine for Ben Simmons
2) Anoint Simmons as team captain and "Chief Work Ethic and Professionalism Officer"
3) Cut Coby White
4) Frame Javonte Green for felony robbery; cut Green
5) Replace Donovan with Patrick Williams' uncle as HC
6) Run isos all game long for Williams
7) Declare Williams MVP and MIP after he averages 3.2 PPG 1.7 RBG and 0.5 APG for the year
8 ) Retire Williams' jersey #

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:51 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
LTG's day 1 moves as new GM of the Bulls:

1) Trade DeRozan and LaVine for Ben Simmons
2) Anoint Simmons as team captain and "Chief Work Ethic and Professionalism Officer"
3) Cut Coby White
4) Frame Javonte Green for felony robbery; cut Green
5) Replace Donovan with Patrick Williams' uncle as HC
6) Run isos all game long for Williams
7) Declare Williams MVP and MIP after he averages 3.2 PPG 1.7 RBG and 0.5 APG for the year
8 ) Retire Williams' jersey #

You have now reached the portion of the show where Vegan and his requisite version non sequitur theater have entered the fray. YOO HOO!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:53 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Which non-tanking team would trade for Patrick Williams and make him the center piece of their offense?

Sacramento. But I'm not exactly advocating for him to be the "centerpiece of the offense". I'm just advocating for him to be "included" in the offense. "Can they do that for a brother"? Particularly (As everyone keeps reminding us) given that he was a #4 draft pick?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Sacramento. But I'm not exactly advocating for him to be the "centerpiece of the offense". I'm just advocating for him to be "included" in the offense. Is that too much to ask for a "brother"? Particularly (As everyone keeps reminding us) that he was a #4 draft pick?

I'll just say your thesis is correct. They aren't going to be anywhere near the Finals without Williams being good. If Donovan doesn't know this, he should. And if he does, let's hope he has a plan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:09 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Sacramento. But I'm not exactly advocating for him to be the "centerpiece of the offense". I'm just advocating for him to be "included" in the offense. Is that too much to ask for a "brother"? Particularly (As everyone keeps reminding us) that he was a #4 draft pick?

I'll just say your thesis is correct. They aren't going to be anywhere near the Finals without Williams being good. If Donovan doesn't know this, he should. And if he does, let's hope he has a plan.

He might and I actually think Billy D is a good coach. I just think that he hasn't figured out how to adequately develop this kid while still trying to win. There is no way in hell that an inefficient "scorer" such as Coby White should still be an "intricate" part of the offense but the Paw is not at this stage of the game.

The Paw also should not have to wrestle for minutes with G-League caliber players such as Javonte Green either. If they believe that the kid needed to "compete" for the position, then they should have went out and found him someone worthy of competing against. Javonte Green ain't that dude.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Coby has one purpose. To shoot the 3 at a high percentage. He's at 23.5%. He's awful on the other end so his career is on the line in the next 10-15 games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:46 pm 

One of the betting websites a distinguished Dr. Kenneth Noisewater has been known to peruse wrote:
What a disappointment Patrick Williams has been in his career. The former fourth overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft is having his worst season to date. He is averaging 5.3 points, 2.3 rebounds, and he has yet to record an assist through four games. We’ll gladly take the under on his points, rebounds, and assists prop line.

Not only has Williams been playing poorly, but his minutes are taking a hit. In his last two games, Williams has played only 16 and 15 minutes. With all of the Bulls players healthy, it is tough to see Williams getting increased playing time when he is struggling so much

Our model has Williams projected for only seven total points, rebounds, and assists, which is well below his prop line. He is still projected to be in the starting lineup, but who knows how long that will last. Williams continues to be arguably the Bulls’ best perimeter defender, but that can only get a player so far in this league.

I wanted to put a bet on him and post it here but can't be done. There are no options for PWill.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:51 pm 

Hey, I found one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:51 pm 

He better hit the first basket because he will be sitting on the bench the rest of the game after he misses it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
He’s +1400 on BetRivers for the first basket, same as Ayo. -150 on the under for 3.5 rebounds, -143 for the under on Ayo at 3.5 boards.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:08 pm 

He better hit the first basket because he will be sitting on the bench the rest of the game after he misses it.

They should have put an over/under on the number of touches he gets prior to his first benching. Now that one would be pretty "interesting" to say the least.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:16 pm 

Alright, I found him for 10 & 6 tonight for $80.

If he doesn't get it, I don’t know who you are. I don’t know why you like this guy. If I lose this bet, I can tell you I don’t have money.

But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career of message board posting. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let PWill go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will...well, I won't kill you...but I'll bug you for a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:27 pm 

Alright, I found him for 10 & 6 tonight for $80.

If he doesn't get it, I don’t know who you are. I don’t know why you like this guy. If I lose this bet, I can tell you I don’t have money.

But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career of message board posting. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let PWill go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will...well, I won't kill you...but I'll bug you for a long time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next