It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2023-24
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Last 2 Games "Budding All Star" Coby White has gone 15-40 from the Field (including 0-15 from 3) with his typically shittty defense as an accompaniment to it. Safe to say that the Prince is now in the process of reverting back to a frog.

I don’t think you really want to go down the game to game stats as it is folly, but since you did:

Coby had a bad shooting night but still managed 19 pts, 5 reb, 5 assists and was a plus 7.
PAW had 6 pts, 1 reb, 0 assists and was a minus 4. Not even frog level play.

Up until about 2 weeks ago, the Paw was the only guy on the roster with a Positive +-. I'm sure plus minus will now be deemed an "irrelevant" stat as a result.

19 points on 22 shots is "very bad" by the way. Particularly when you factor in Coby's characteristically bad and shitty defense too.

And I find it quite interesting that Only Now (When Coby shows himself to be anything but a bad NBA player) it is that you choose to constantly rush to his defense all of the time. Where were you when he was stinking the joint up for years?
Coby has clearly worked on his game and improved. That deserves credit. PAW has not shown that same level of desire.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nah I watch a good 10 minutes of the game. It was for sure vintage night with The Flaw(6/1/0) and Trade Young going 3-12 from 3. Good times :lol:

Trae is a chucker. Hawks could be good if they put Trae on a shot limit. 12 seems about right.
Same thing could be said about everyone's newfound favorite Coby too. Instead of putting either on a "shot limit" it would be best to place them on the "trading block"

LTG rooting for 38 wins.

It wouldn't kill ya to hope a little.
Hasn't the expiration date on "hoping" that Coby White will be a good to very good NBA player already expired though? Or is "fluid (,AS the previous 3 weeks illustrate) just Asking A Question

Easy question. Fluid. As in Lauri Markkanen fluid. As in Tyrese Maxey fluid. Shit happens. Give Coby the same courtesy you give PAW.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
PAWstin Fields just needs the right coach and better guys around him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:34 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
PAWstin Fields just needs the right coach and better guys around him.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Bulls are long term residents in NBA hell, no draft picks a mediocre roster, they are not going anywhere with this roster, maybe the GM finds Igor Chucksthreesovia somewhere in Europe and they magically get better, but they are not moving out of NBA hell anytime soon.

An average team keeps the UC full and that is all Jerry really cares about.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:45 pm 

its amazing how the bulls and bears keep filling the stadiums. i get the cubs, those asshole fans just want an instagram pic of them at wrigley... but the bears and bulls? who the fuck is spending a whole day to see that in person? why would you pay hundreds of dollars for that experience?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Bulls are averaging 19,700 a game, 5th in the NBA but are saved by the fact the UC is big.

In terms of %/capacity, they are down to 25th in the league, so I think fans are checking out

https://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nah I watch a good 10 minutes of the game. It was for sure vintage night with The Flaw(6/1/0) and Trade Young going 3-12 from 3. Good times :lol:

Trae is a chucker. Hawks could be good if they put Trae on a shot limit. 12 seems about right.
Same thing could be said about everyone's newfound favorite Coby too. Instead of putting either on a "shot limit" it would be best to place them on the "trading block"

LTG rooting for 38 wins.

It wouldn't kill ya to hope a little.
Hasn't the expiration date on "hoping" that Coby White will be a good to very good NBA player already expired though? Or is "fluid (,AS the previous 3 weeks illustrate) just Asking A Question

Easy question. Fluid. As in Lauri Markkanen fluid. As in Tyrese Maxey fluid. Shit happens. Give Coby the same courtesy you give PAW.

Coby White has been given every opportunity to show that he is good at Basketball and still really hasn't shown that he is on a consistent basis. Patrick Williams plays for coach who believes that is a "Great Idea" to have him compete with Javonte Green for the starting Power Forward spot. Seems "equivalent" to you I guess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:01 pm 

It does considering the efforts of Williams during his tenure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:07 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Nah the dude has shown himself to be a solid pro already. Now the question is can he attain star status. It will never happen with your guy Billy D as coach. And you'd think that a guy who clamors for Dre Drummond to."Wally Pipp" Vuc would understand this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:23 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Nah the dude has shown himself to be a solid pro already. Now the question is can he attain star status. It will never happen with your guy Billy D as coach. And you'd think that a guy who clamors for Dre Drummond to."Wally Pipp" Vuc would understand this.

Then he should go get a fucking rebound.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:31 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

His rebound totals are average for a small forward. Which is his actual position. And I will take any dude who plays above average D, shoots a high % from 3 and good % from 2 anyday over an inefficient chucker with shitty Defense.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:42 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

His rebound totals are average for a small forward. Which is his actual position. And I will take any dude who plays above average D, shoots a high % from 3 and good % from 2 anyday over an inefficient chucker with shitty Defense.

Leave Vuc out of this

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:47 pm 

41st in rebounding on what the Bulls list him as, a PF. They have the choice to list him as F, PF, SF, but they chose PF.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:07 pm 

Nardi wrote:
41st in rebounding on what the Bulls list him as, a PF. They have the choice to list him as F, PF, SF, but they chose PF.

His natural position is that of Small Forward. And his rebound numbers are average for that of Small Forward. And unlike ducking and chucking Coby, this kid has taken the "toughest cover" on nearly every team's best player since he was a rookie. And for the most part held his own. One of the toughest guys to score on in fact. "WE" will never uttered such words when it comes Coby White. Will "WE"? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:33 pm 

Nardi wrote:

His natural position is that of Small Forward. And his rebound numbers are average for that of Small Forward. And unlike ducking and chucking Coby, this kid has taken the "toughest cover" on nearly every team's best player since he was a rookie. And for the most part held his own. One of the toughest guys to score on in fact. "WE" will never uttered such words when it comes Coby White. Will "WE"? Just Asking A Question
NBA.com has Coby ahead of the great defensive wizard that is PAW in defensive win shares - .093 to .089.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:47 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:

NBA.com has Coby ahead of the great defensive wizard that is PAW in defensive win shares - .093 to .089.

And yet you couldn't find a person alive who'd ever admit that he is the better defender.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:13 pm 

Nardi wrote:

I'd like to look it up but he's not listed under SF. But if you take into account being listed as just forward, most of those guys are better. Take into account minutes, and whichever way you want to go, Small, medium, or large, still not average. Even Torrey Craig beats him. The next Kawhi should probably work on getting 6.4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:20 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:

And yet you couldn't find a person alive who'd ever admit that he is the better defender.

Ah, we're now using the eye test to judge NBA skills. Unfortunately that doesn't work for PAW since he's usually pretty invisible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:22 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I'd like to look it up but he's not listed under SF. But if you take into account being listed as just forward, most of those guys are better. Take into account minutes, and whichever way you want to go, Small, medium, or large, still not average. Even Torrey Craig beats him. The next Kawhi should probably work on getting 6.4

But Kawhi Leonard was also not shooting 40+% from 3 when he was 22 years old either. And the Paw's Per 36 minute rebound rate is comparable to other Small Forwards in the league. He only plays the 4 because Small Ball Billy has a fascination with undersized lineups.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:29 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Ah, we're now using the eye test to judge NBA skills. Unfortunately that doesn't work for PAW since he's usually pretty invisible.

Yet when it comes to defense your guy Coby White has quite "visibly" been a bull fighter throughout his career. Olay!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:32 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yet when it comes to defense your guy Coby White has quite "visibly" been a bull fighter throughout his career. Olay!

The worst defensive player on the team plays starting center. Olay, indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:44 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Coby White is worse than Vuc on that end of the floor. He is Trae Young level bad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:34 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Coby White is worse than Vuc on that end of the floor. He is Trae Young level bad

That's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:35 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

That's ridiculous.

Someday we will use AI to quantify every players defensive effectiveness, in addition to refereeing games.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:48 pm 

Vuc can't guard, he can't help, he can't rim protect. He's about invisible as you can be as a defensive center. Coby is deficient on D, but he isn't a revolving door like Trae. I'm not going to let that ridiculous comparison slide.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:54 pm 

coby also got a lot bigger last summer. he put in the work and he is growing.

trae looks like a 35 yo homeless kid and hes not going to get a whole hell of a lot thicker if you know what i mean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:33 pm 

Look for 30 tonight. Why? Fuck you, that's why.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:57 pm 

Coby has a big game
Drummond has a big game
Paw dominates

Post game they all say Zach Lavine is pig shit

Chicago rejoices

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:03 pm 

Welp, turned that shit off. Pacers might score 150. PAW is terrific though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next