It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2023-24
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
According to NBA advanced metrics, he isn't "shitty". He's the 2nd best defender on the team after Caruso. Now, I don't take that to the bank because I have eyes and I know who he's guarding. But he is very capable at times, and he had his best defensive game I ever seen him have the Philly game in Chicago. I have no cause to defend Coby lately but you bring it out on me because of your cheering against the Bulls being good. It's so obvious that if Coby is bad, the Bulls are bad.

So good for you. The Bulls are bad. Happy now?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nardi wrote:
According to NBA advanced metrics, he isn't "shitty". He's the 2nd best defender on the team after Caruso. Now, I don't take that to the bank because I have eyes and I know who he's guarding. But he is very capable at times, and he had his best defensive game I ever seen him have the Philly game in Chicago. I have no cause to defend Coby lately but you bring it out on me because of your cheering against the Bulls being good. It's so obvious that if Coby is bad, the Bulls are bad.

Nardi you diss Vuc even as the dude puts up 20 and 10 and actually"win" games.
I don't openly "cheerlead" against Coby White. I just happen to know that for MOST of his career, he has been extremely bad at the game of basketball. Sadly you and quite a FEW others here do not it seems. He is an inefficient scorer and a shitty defender. That's what both the eye test and the numbers strongly suggests. And for all of the talk regarding his "improvement" his shooting percentages from both 2and 3 are eerily close to his career numbers and particularly his numbers from last season..albeit with more shots.
If you want the Bulls to be a "winning" organization (debatable) then it might be best to move on from the notion that Coby White is the best player on the team. Because if he is then they will suck. No doubt about that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:03 am 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I don't openly "cheerlead" against Coby White. I just happen to know that for MOST of his career, he has been extremely bad at the game of basketball. Sadly you and quite a FEW others here do not it seems. He is an inefficient scorer and a shitty defender. That's what both the eye test and the numbers strongly suggests. And for all of the talk regarding his "improvement" his shooting percentages from both 2and 3 are eerily close to his career numbers and particularly his numbers from last season..albeit with more shots.
If you want the Bulls to be a "winning" organization (debatable) then it might be best to move on from the notion that Coby White is the best player on the team. Because if he is then they will suck. No doubt about that.

Show me his "Trae Young" shitty numbers. I looked, there's no "shitty" defensive stats.

I have no problem moving on from Coby. I just find it weird that you can't find 10 games of joy because you'd rather score points on a messageboard. So you were right again. Want a fucking attendance trophy or somethin'?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:13 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Show me his "Trae Young" shitty numbers. I looked, there's no "shitty" defensive stats.

I have no problem moving on from Coby. I just find it weird that you can't find 10 games of joy because you'd rather score points on a messageboard. So you were right again. Want a fucking attendance trophy or somethin'?

As stated you openly diss Vuc and beg for a career journeyman to replace him in the starting lineup and have done so for about a year now. Thus WYC? I have a backed off my dissing of the Coby White types because at this point he's low hanging fruit. I just find it odd that guys like you have laid dormant for the years he sucked only to place him in the Hall of Fame once he has a 3 week stretch of not actually sucking.

As far as his defensive metrics go, you obviously didn't "check" hard enough as his defensive BPM has been in the negative (including this one) nearly every year of his career. And not only is his defensive BPM in the negative for his career, but so is his offensive BPM as well. Which spells BAD BASKETBALL PLAYER in anyone else's basketball world besides the "esteemed" members of CFMB apparently.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... eco01.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:23 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

As stated you openly diss Vuc and beg for a career journeyman to replace him in the starting lineup and have done so for about a year now. Thus WYC? I have a backed off my dissing of the Coby White types because at this point he's low hanging fruit. I just find it odd that guys like you have laid dormant for the years he sucked only to place him in the Hall of Fame once he has a 3 week stretch of not actually sucking.

As far as his defensive metrics go, you obviously didn't "check" hard enough as his defensive BPM has been in the negative (including this one) nearly every year of his career. And not only is his defensive BPM in the negative for his career, but so is his offensive BPM as well. Which spells BAD BASKETBALL PLAYER in anyone else's basketball world besides the "esteemed" members of CFMB apparently.

So +0.2 last year and -0.8 this year makes for "shitty". Wow, just like Trae Young.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:31 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

So +0.2 last year and -0.8 this year makes for "shitty". Wow, just like Trae Young.

Yeah being a negative defensive player throughout the course of your career is shitty. Patrick Williams has never been negative (unless you count the season he played in only 17 games) and this season is only 30 Gamed old and Your Guy COBY Is already at -0.8 that reeks of terrible defender. And for all of the talk regarding his offensive prowess, he is even in the negative there as well. Again. Bad Basketball Player

And to illustrate the bias which you possess, you have bashed Vuc because of his defense (among other things) yet Vuc's defensive numbers have been in the positive for the vast majority of his career and easily better than Coby's. Whom you just love..And no the numbers do not suggest that Coby is their 2nd Best Defender..As you fallaciously claimed.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... vni01.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:58 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yeah being a negative defensive player throughout the course of your career is shitty. Patrick Williams has never been negative (unless you count the season he played in only 17 games) and this season is only 30 Gamed old and Your Guy COBY Is already at -0.8 that reeks of terrible defender. And for all of the talk regarding his offensive prowess, he is even in the negative there as well. Again. Bad Basketball Player

:lol: You are so wrong. You pull out a miniscule plus/minus stat and stake your reputation on it? With all the advanced metrics this is what you base your "shitty" on. Well, whatever. I'm not the guy who compared him to Trae. It's up to you to effectively prove it.

You OK with Vuc's -0.4 BPM? Kinda shitty. But like I said, I have eyes and I know he is VERY shitty. 116th in defensive win shares. 120th in Real plus/minus, not the half assed one. 108th in PER. This guy is quite the all star. He led the Magic to the playoffs!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:07 am 

Nardi wrote:
:lol: You are so wrong. You pull out a miniscule plus/minus stat and stake your reputation on it? With all the advanced metrics this is what you base your "shitty" on. Well, whatever. I'm not the guy who compared him to Trae. It's up to you to effectively prove it.

You OK with Vuc's -0.4 BPM? Kinda shitty. But like I said, I have eyes and I know he is VERY shitty. 116th in defensive win shares. 120th in Real plus/minus, not the half assed one. 108th in PER. This guy is quite the all star. He led the Magic to the playoffs!!

And what has Coby ever led the Bulls too? NBA lottery after Lottery until better players arrived? Getting Beat out By Ayo as a rookie and 2nd Round pick? What?

The eye test tells me that they have to hide Coby on Defense game after game and he's still bad at it. He has been bench player the past few years and still managed to get cooked by other bench players.

Coby's Career VORP score is worse than Any single season VORP score of Vuc's. Again Ouch Babe!
And your guy Coby even loses the "defensive win share" battle. Vuc's defensive win shares are consistently better than Coby's throughout the course of their careers. Thus what "eye test" are you using Caller Bob's? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:20 am 

Nardi wrote:

And what has Coby ever led the Bulls too? NBA lottery after Lottery until better players arrived? Getting Beat out By Ayo as a rookie and 2nd Round pick? What?

The eye test tells me that they have to hide Coby on Defense game after game and he's still bad at it. He has been bench player the past few years and still managed to get cooked by other bench players.

Coby has led the Bulls to nothing but at least I had fun for 10 games. If Vuc starts doing defensive help, rim protects, and doesn't get destroyed by 20 year olds for 10 games, I'll also have fun. I won't piss in your wheaties over it just to defend a stance I've had three fucking years ago and refuse to budge a goddam inch. For chrissake, you're still bitter about Jokic stealing Embiid's thunder.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:45 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Coby has led the Bulls to nothing but at least I had fun for 10 games. If Vuc starts doing defensive help, rim protects, and doesn't get destroyed by 20 year olds for 10 games, I'll also have fun. I won't piss in your wheaties over it just to defend a stance I've had three fucking years ago and refuse to budge a goddam inch. For chrissake, you're still bitter about Jokic stealing Embiid's thunder.

You dissed Vuc even during those "10 games". WYC? And isn't it obvious that MANY (including you apparently).get extremely pissed whenever I am correct about anything around here? If you don't think they are then what Board have you been reading? For MANY proving me wrong is a cause celebre obviously.. Even turning Coby's so called "greatness" into a referendum on what I think about his bum ass.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:21 pm 

Brunson has ridiculous energy. Even our own energizer bunny can't keep up with him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:29 pm 

Really rough night for PAW on both ends. Hasn't looked this bad in a while.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:36 pm 

Terrible sequence. Coby dogs it and gives the knicks a free layup. Ayo misses his 5th wide open three, and then the knicks get about 17 offensive rebounds before scoring. Time out, Chicago Bums.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This team still blows.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:16 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
This team still blows.

Missing Vuc. Offense can't crack 100 points without him. They need to start trading guys. Lavine is scheduled to come back Friday. Once he demonstrates that he can positively impact the game they should move him. Derozan should go next.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:36 pm 

Miss him as a backup. 14 pts and 19 boards avg is better than 16 and 10. So is 23.2 PER vs 16.4.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:55 am 

I like Drummond but a great deal of his rebounds are of his own misses. Plus he has no post game nor he can he make free throws either. And Vuc's numbers were up exponentially once Lavine got injured and the team looked much better. No coincidence there by the way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:10 am 

Trade lavine , derozen, ayo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:09 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
This team still blows.

Missing Vuc. Offense can't crack 100 points without him. They need to start trading guys. Lavine is scheduled to come back Friday. Once he demonstrates that he can positively impact the game they should move him. Derozan should go next.

Yep!
Sam "The Man" Smith just simply telling like it is.
Quote:
And the small ball Bulls really could have used Vučević with Hartenstein’s breakout game. But even more so for his offensive contributions scoring and moving the ball and defensive IQ. Substitute Andre Drummond is doing his best and had good numbers again with 13 points and 16 rebounds, but his statistics often belie the impact.

The Knicks repeatedly forced him into pick and roll situations in which he often was caught in the middle, leaving Hartenstein to finish with dunks or leaving Knicks with easy floaters and pullups. There was one play toward the end of the first half when Caruso seemed to be telling Drummond he had to pick up someone on a Brunson three. That was just after Caruso’s three gave the Bulls their biggest lead of the game at 54-44.

Then early in the second half, Bulls coach Billy Donovan called a quick timeout after Drummond picked up on a screen. But Hartenstein rolled uncontested for a dunk in another apparent miscommunication. But then when Drummond went out it got worse and perhaps was the consequential sequence when 6-foot-4 Terry Taylor returned to center and the Knicks ripped off six straight points that turned a two-point New York lead with 8:29 left in the game into 99-91 about a minute later. That included one Knicks possession with three offensive rebounds that ended with an OG Anunoby dunk. The Knicks then pulled away against a weary Bull team finishing consecutive nights in Philadelphia and New York.

Andre Drummond finished with 13 points and 16 rebounds -- his fifth straight game with 15+ rebounds.
“Most definitely (missed Vučević),” said DeRozan. “Stretching the floor, being able to have a post scorer, someone like in a game like tonight, we definitely would’ve fed it to the post in to Vooch and let him go at their big. Given him some trouble. With Vooch down there to be able to throw the ball, even coming off screens, guys like me and Coby [White] and the rest of the guys, you got to be able to pay attention to Vooch if you’re running or he is popping. Him stretching the floor. He kind of changes the dynamics of the game, so we definitely missed that a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:52 am 

Sam Smith must have an imaginary TV. I posted the sequence where they lost the game. Drummond wasn't even in the game. To connect the two incidents is mind boggling. Of course they miss Vuc, because Taylor shouldn't even be in uniform.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:07 am 

Nardi wrote:
Sam Smith must have an imaginary TV. I posted the sequence where they lost the game. Drummond wasn't even in the game. To connect the two incidents is mind boggling. Of course they miss Vuc, because Taylor shouldn't even be in uniform.

The Bulls are 2-3 with Drummond Manning the 5 spot. They were rolling with Vuc starting prior to the injury. The offense works best When Vuc is more involved in it. And while you claim "Drummond" wasn't in there for any of the plays described, his +- for the games suggests otherwise. He was -30 for the game last night. Which means he obviously was in there for something.

And I'm a Drummond guy. As a backup at this point. Billy D bullshitted the guy last season and also at the start of this one as well with all of his "small ball" bullshit. But he isn't a better player than Nikola Vucevic at this stage of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:07 am 

Nardi wrote:

The Bulls are 2-3 with Drummond Manning the 5 spot. They were rolling with Vuc starting prior to the injury. The offense works best When Vuc is more involved in it. And while you claim "Drummond" wasn't in there for any of the plays described, his +- for the games suggests otherwise. He was -30 for the game last night. Which means he obviously was in there for something.

And I'm a Drummond guy. As a backup at this point. Billy D bullshitted the guy last season and also at the start of this one as well with all of his "small ball" bullshit. But he isn't a better player than Nikola Vucevic at this stage of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:09 am 

Pretending Vuc is some pick and roll defensive wizard is laughable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: John's
"The Flaw" with a signature game last night 5/4/2 on 2/8 shooting. Maybe LTG can take these stats and push them through his make believe machine to improve them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:15 am 

Nardi wrote:

No one said that. But Drummond is atrocious at it. And it's not like Drummond is much of rim protector either. And offensively speaking they aren't even in the same time zone. DRUMMOND WAS -30 AND yet you claimed that he "wasn't in there for any of that" :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:21 am 

Nardi wrote:

No one said that. But Drummond is atrocious at it. And it's not like Drummond is much of rim protector either. And offensively speaking they aren't even in the same time zone. DRUMMOND WAS -30 AND yet you claimed that he "wasn't in there for any of that" :lol: :lol:

My box score says -15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:22 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
"The Flaw" with a signature game last night 5/4/2 on 2/8 shooting. Maybe LTG can take these stats and push them through his make believe machine to improve them.

A better coach finds a way to get a guy whose allegedly the future more than 8 shots. Instead he plays Ayo 31 minutes and allows him to go 2-12 instead. And this has been the problem since The Paw has been here.
There is no way you will ever know if the kid is good playing for Billy D. A coach you just love by the way.

OKC let him walk and are rolling as a result. He didn't want to be part of a "rebuild" because it would have required him to actually "coach" for a change. Rookie coach took that group of young guys and ran with the shit.
Oh yeah he also left because he wanted more sayso in "personnel moves". And we see what that has led too also. A bunch of undersized guys running switching on D,,trying to get steals, and getting pounded on the glass night after night. With no rim protection. Get dude's ass out of here!

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:24 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

My box score says -15

Oh my bad that was YOUR GUY COBY that posted the -30. It's hard to keep up with all of the bad Basketball players that you happen to like.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Is Billy D also telling him not to rebound?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:27 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Is Billy D also telling him not to rebound?

Yeah Rebounds have always been what people look for first when they think of the 3 POSITION isn't it? Just Asking A Question

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next