It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nas wrote:
Dalen Terry has no idea what he is doing, but he plays with more heart and effort than Patrick Williams
Never confuse activity with accomplishment
Nas wrote:
LTG, tell me why I shouldn't give up on P-Will?

1. He is already (at 21) a very good to great defender. Defense clearly requires effort
2. He is already a very good 3 point shooter. A skill no one really knew he had.
3. He has a very low usage rate and yet still gives you double figures in points.
4. He is surrounded by "stars" with extremely low IQs
5. He is being coached by one of the worst coaches in the NBA. With a better coach he'd definitely be a better player.
6. Despite the fact that he is being coached by and plays with dunderheads he is still considered by other GMs to be the most valuable asset on the roster.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:43 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I've never seen "very low usage rate" as a positive for a repressed superstar.

LeBron is so good that we don't like to play him much.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:53 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Then you've never seen a young player play on a team with 3 supposed "All Stars" either
And did you know that the "great" John Stockton backed up Hirsch High School's Ricky Green for the first 3 years of his career? Just Asking A Question.

I'm sure you and MANY here that now laud his "greatness" would have dismissed him too if you'd bothered to pay attention back then.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He's passive. That's partially responsible for his low usage rate. I'm not sure you can coach a guy to be aggressive. Either you have some dog, or you don't.

One of the primary reasons I haven't given up on him is that you went way out on a limb regarding his potential. I don't recall you doing that in the past and being dead wrong. Markkanen and Carter factor in too.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:04 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
The Missing Link wrote:

Then you've never seen a young player play on a team with 3 supposed "All Stars" either
And did you know that the "great" John Stockton backed up Hirsch High School's Ricky Green for the first 3 years of his career? Just Asking A Question.

I'm sure you and MANY here that now laud his "greatness" would have dismissed him too if you'd bothered to pay attention back then.

What? What is your deal with the "Just Asking A Question" thing, too? Can you at least abbreviate it to JAAQ?

PWill is a starter. Rickey Green was a solid player. PWill would stay on the court if he played better. I don't think coaches keep their best players on the bench so they can lose their jobs in an effort to keep low usage rate on their talent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:20 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Dalen Terry has no idea what he is doing, but he plays with more heart and effort than Patrick Williams
Nas wrote:

1. He is already (at 21) a very good to great defender. Defense clearly requires effort
2. He is already a very good 3 point shooter. A skill no one really knew he had.
3. He has a very low usage rate and yet still gives you double figures in points.
5. He is being coached by one of the worst coaches in the NBA. With a better coach he'd definitely be a better player.
6. Despite the fact that he is being coached by and plays with dunderheads he is still considered by other GMs to be the most valuable asset on the roster.

derozen and lavine are selfish but not dumb and donavon is far away from the worst coach.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:32 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

derozen and lavine are selfish but not dumb and donavon is far away from the worst coach.

What basketball have you been watching because it surely isn't Bulls Basketball.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:40 am 

What? What is your deal with the "Just Asking A Question" thing, too? Can you at least abbreviate it to JAAQ?

No go bro.
PWill is a starter. Rickey Green was a solid player. PWill would stay on the court if he played better.
For a dude that hasn't really ever done jack shit as a coach Billy Donovan sure does inspire quite a bit of confidence as a coach around here for some reason. This is how bad he is. The team he left (OKC by the way) was "supposedly" tanking this season. Their #2 draft pick has not played in a game this season. They have a worse roster than the Bulls yet their record is better.
I don't think coaches keep their best players on the bench

Billy Donovan thought Javonte Green was a better player than the Paw. He also has sat Dalen Terry the entire season when it is clear that he belongs in the rotation. He still continues to allow Coby White to play big minutes and jack up shots even though it is clear that he is a net negative player and a terrible defender, with a terrible shooting percentage as a "shooting" guard. He routinely plays guys out of position and has a love affair with "small ball" even when it is clear that the shit isn't working. He can continue to inspire confidence with you and MANY others here but when you get outside of the bubble here you'd be hard pressed to find people that agree with you about Billy D. He sucks ass as a coach.
so they can lose their jobs in an effort to keep low usage rate on their talent.

That is just the point. The new extension means that Donovan isn't likely going anywhere.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:51 am 

Nas wrote:
He's passive. That's partially responsible for his low usage rate. I'm not sure you can coach a guy to be aggressive. Either you have some dog, or you don't.

The "dog" stuff is overrated. You can be a great player without being a loud, demonstrative player. He hoops and he is highly skilled. Unfortunately he plays on a team that has an overpaid "star" who is trying to make good on a contract he doesn't deserve and an aging "star" that is more interested in stat padding than he is winning basketball games. And he has plays for a coach known for "catering" to his veteran players in Billy Donovan. That isn't Patrick Williams fault.
Nas wrote:
One of the primary reasons I haven't given up on him is that you went way out on a limb regarding his potential.

Because when he actually gets the ball he shows that he has the tools. When I check for a player that is the first thing I look at. He has a skill set that is being underutilized currently.
Nas wrote:
I don't recall you doing that in the past and being dead wrong. Markkanen and Carter factor in too.
I need to see him play more when he is clearly the featured guy before I am ready to give up on him. I'm not trusting Billy D's judgment on this seeing how he has screwed this season up so badly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:48 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
He can continue to inspire confidence with you and MANY others here but when you get outside of the bubble here you'd be hard pressed to find people that agree with you about Billy D. He sucks ass as a coach.
so they can lose their jobs in an effort to keep low usage rate on their talent.

That is just the point. The new extension means that Donovan isn't likely going anywhere.

:lol: What are you talking about? I have eyes. This is not a way to support Billy D. I've barely said a thing about Billy D.

PWill just doesn't get it done on the court. I can see that.

I'm not alone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:35 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
He can continue to inspire confidence with you and MANY others here but when you get outside of the bubble here you'd be hard pressed to find people that agree with you about Billy D. He sucks ass as a coach.

:lol: What are you talking about? I have eyes. This is not a way to support Billy D. I've barely said a thing about Billy D.

PWill just doesn't get it done on the court. I can see that.

I'm not alone.

Yeah not here you aren't but this is a "minority" opinion spot if you know what I mean. MANY of the people that comment here are much more interested in trolling about basketball than they are with watching the game. When you break away from the "informed" opinions of a Caller Bob and a Vegan the thoughts are actually much more aligned with what I have been saying all season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
He's talented, he's 21, and I've only thing I've gotten on him about is his rebounding. Hell, he may be 2 years away yet from making a big impact. And the sooner we launch DeRozan, Lavine, and Donovan, the better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

There's no reason to launch DeRozan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:06 pm 

Nardi wrote:
He's talented, he's 21, and I've only thing I've gotten on him about is his rebounding. Hell, he may be 2 years away yet from making a big impact. And the sooner we launch DeRozan, Lavine, and Donovan, the better.

I agree. And Unlike MANY I know you actually watch the games.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:08 pm 

Nas wrote:

Yes there is. He is part of the problem too. He is an even worse ball stopper than Lavine plus he plays no defense. Plus he is getting old too. Might as well can him while you can still get something for him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yes there is. He is part of the problem too. He is an even worse ball stopper than Lavine plus he plays no defense. Plus he is getting old too. Might as well can him while you can still get something for him.

He's by far their best and most consistent player. No scorer his age plays defense.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
im with Link, get rid of him he sucks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:42 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Yeah not here you aren't but this is a "minority" opinion spot if you know what I mean.

I have no idea what you mean. I think PWill has elite skills. I'd like him to use them.

I'm beginning to understand that he does not have the drive to do so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:45 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Yeah not here you aren't but this is a "minority" opinion spot if you know what I mean.

I have no idea what you mean. I think PWill has elite skills. I'd like him to use them.

I'm beginning to understand that he does not have the drive to do so.

My math teacher in High School said I should apply myself more. You're a slacker. I did and had success and got awards and he never came back and said, good for you Dr. Ken.

Take care of your own business because nobody is going to hand it to you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
If you watch Denver work the high screen and roll with the forwards slashing to the basket you see what the Bulls could do a bit with Williams, but they obviously do not have any guards that can work off the big and open up lanes, and of course Joker is otherworldly in his ability to see the court.

Still think you need to get Williams slashing and using his big body to get to the line rather than camping out at the three point line, but the Bulls have the two possession killing guys that pound the ball and make it difficult to run any semblance of an offense.

You cannot and will not win anything with Lavine as your guy, he's at best a second or third option on a good team, but he's such a liability defensively that he would have to sit out late defensive possessions for a playoff team.

This team is going nowhere fast, firing Donovan gets you nowhere, would they make Levine the player coach? He seems to be the biggest influence on this team.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:43 am 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

He's by far their best and most consistent player. No scorer his age plays defense.

He's a ball hog. He and Lavine are the team's biggest problems

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:48 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

You lost me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:56 am 

lavine is jay cutler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:01 am 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
lavine is jay cutler

That's a great comp. That probably makes DeRozan the Bulls' version of Matt Forte.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:04 am 

Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
lavine is jay cutler

That's a great comp. That probably makes DeRozan the Bulls' version of Matt Forte.

Patrick Williams = Cade McNown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
lavine is jay cutler

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:14 am 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

You lost me.

A lot of the close games that they lost have been due to DeRozan's ball stopping, isolationist ways in the 4th

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
lavine is jay cutler

Fred Hoiberg and "Hoiball" = Nagy and Be You/Club Dub

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
DeRozan got worn down last year. He's already worn down this year. Father Time is undefeated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
DeRozan as a team's #3 means you're a finals contender.

DeRozan as a team's #1 means your ceiling is the first round. It also means lavine isn't as good as people thought he could be. DeRozan is good but - at age 33 - shouldn't be that high of a bar for lavine to clear.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next