It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
That Haliburton kid is pretty good

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Last 2 games. The Paw 32 pts on 13 for 15 from the field. Awfully Good!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:14 pm 

23 and 8 (whatabout those rebounds?) In a win over the Mavs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Missing Link wrote:

He actually looked good. Very fluid; shooting off the dribble; confident in his decision making. Best I’ve seen him look.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:17 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

He actually looked good. Very fluid; shooting off the dribble; confident in his decision making. Best I’ve seen him look.

When he isn't out there with the 2 ball stoppers he looks like a completely different player.
They are going to have to move Derozan and slide him to the 3 next year. He is playing out of position at the 4.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

When he isn't out there with the 2 ball stoppers he looks like a completely different player.
They are going to have to move Derozan and slide him to the 3 next year. He is playing out of position at the 4.

Well, when 50% of the Donovan 4 position is standing opposite of the ball, by definition he's not a 4. Kudos to you and Antioch still watching. I haven't watched since AK grossly overvalued his roster at the deadline and then proceeded to assess and decided the thing to do was acquire Beverley for the much desired 10 seed.

I'm not a big fan of Kenny Williams-style of throwing shit against the wall and hoping something will stick. This shit is so Reinsdorfian, I wanna puke.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:43 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Well, when 50% of the Donovan 4 position is standing opposite of the ball, by definition he's not a 4. Kudos to you and Antioch still watching. I haven't watched since AK grossly overvalued his roster at the deadline and then proceeded to assess and decided the thing to do was acquire Beverley for the much desired 10 seed.

I'm not a big fan of Kenny Williams-style of throwing shit against the wall and hoping something will stick. This shit is so Reinsdorfian, I wanna puke.

He can still trade after the season. And I think he will and probably will get more in return. And the guy has at least shown that he will blow shit up when it isn't working.
I doubt seriously that he will run this same shit back next season though. I expect Derozan and Vuc to be traded in the offseason. Caruso too. However if Caruso for Wiseman were on the table and he didn't pull the trigger then that was just plain dumb.
I'm a Bulls fan. Diehard/Lifelong Bullsfan and have watched much worse than what we are currently seeing with the team. They really aren't that tough of a watch to be honest and no matter what happens most of what they do will still depend on Patrick Williams and how he develops. To date his development has been severely happened by the idiot that they have behind the bench. That is another decision that will have to be made if they are to move forward also.
You ain't winning shit with that dude as coach. Doesn't matter who they bring in as players.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:51 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

He can still trade after the season. And I think he will and probably will get more in return. And the guy has at least shown that he will blow shit up when it isn't working.
I doubt seriously that he will run this same shit back next season though. I expect Derozan and Vuc to be traded in the offseason. Caruso too. However if Caruso for Wiseman were on the table and he didn't pull the trigger then that was just plain dumb.
I'm a Bulls fan. Diehard/Lifelong Bullsfan and have watched much worse than what we are currently seeing with the team. They really aren't that tough of a watch to be honest and no matter what happens most of what they do will still depend on Patrick Williams and how he develops. To date his development has been severely happened by the idiot that they have behind the bench. That is another decision that will have to be made if they are to move forward also.
You ain't winning shit with that dude as coach. Doesn't matter who they bring in as players.

He will get less trading in the off season. Teams aren't leaned over a barrel like they were at the deadline. That's the whole advantage of in season trades, in every sport.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:14 am 

Nardi wrote:
He will get less trading in the off season. Teams aren't leaned over a barrel like they were at the deadline. That's the whole advantage of in season trades, in every sport.

Strongly disagree. We don't really know what he could have got for Derozan mid-season and this newfound parity that the NBA has has made teams rather reluctant to just give guys away. I don't think you just give an all star away simply for the sake of "blowing it up". Which is what MANY, mostly non watching Bull game types around here seem to want to do and really makes no sense.
Derozan still has value as does Vuc. Even if you don't get All Star quality guys back (you won't) you should still be able to secure 2-3 starting players for the both of them as well as 1-2 quality bench guys. Throw in a Caruso too and that should get it done.
They also have to figure out what they are going to do with Coby White. No matter what they claim they can't think he is that good of a player if they are constantly overlooking him for other guys. Though he has played better and seems to have settled into a backup role that is just it. He is still just a backup until he can prove otherwise.
And lastly is Ball. That contract is killing the franchise. Reinsdorf won't go over the luxury tax to make the team better thus Ball's contract is simply dead money at this point. Won't play next year and likely won't ever play again and if does it will just be to show that he shouldn't ever play again.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Missing Link wrote:

LOL, in a meaningless game, neither team gave a shit about winning. You're hilarious :lol: .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:30 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

LOL, in a meaningless game, neither team gave a shit about winning. You're hilarious :lol: .

I don't know "karate" buy I know "hilarious" :lol: :lol:
Caller Bob wrote:
Fox is still trash. Ball will come back next year and 'Ball out with a contract on the line.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Just like when he scored 35 against the T wolves at the end of last year. He’s officially arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:35 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Just like when he scored 35 against the T wolves at the end of last year. He’s officially arrived

It's obvious that the problem is Iso Dero yet everyone's guy Billy D has been too stupid to realize it. Kid barely touches the ball when he is in the game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:30 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Strongly disagree. We don't really know what he could have got for Derozan mid-season and this newfound parity that the NBA has has made teams rather reluctant to just give guys away. I don't think you just give an all star away simply for the sake of "blowing it up". Which is what MANY, mostly non watching Bull game types around here seem to want to do and really makes no sense.
Derozan still has value as does Vuc. Even if you don't get All Star quality guys back (you won't) you should still be able to secure 2-3 starting players for the both of them as well as 1-2 quality bench guys. Throw in a Caruso too and that should get it done.
They also have to figure out what they are going to do with Coby White. No matter what they claim they can't think he is that good of a player if they are constantly overlooking him for other guys. Though he has played better and seems to have settled into a backup role that is just it. He is still just a backup until he can prove otherwise.
And lastly is Ball. That contract is killing the franchise. Reinsdorf won't go over the luxury tax to make the team better thus Ball's contract is simply dead money at this point. Won't play next year and likely won't ever play again and if does it will just be to show that he shouldn't ever play again.

What do you expect to receive for the all star in the offseason? Rumors Lakers, Raptors, and Mavs were interested, Heat were interested for Tyler Herro. You won't be getting Herro for him straight up in the off season.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:52 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

What do you expect to receive for the all star in the offseason? Rumors Lakers, Raptors, and Mavs were interested, Heat were interested for Tyler Herro. You won't be getting Herro for him straight up in the off season.

I don't think the Heat would have traded Herro straight up for him at the deadline either. They should be able to get 2 solid starters for him in the offseason. 2 Starters and a draft pick. That sort of thing. That's a good return for an aging, one dimensional player. I hate to focus on specific players because those trades rarely come to fruition

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:21 pm 

But Whatabout Those Damn Rebounds!

Quote:
Patrick Williams has allowed the fewest points this season when guarding a ball handler in direct isolation (at least 100 possessions).

The fewest points allowed in the ENTIRE league, defending the opponents best scorers

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The Missing Link wrote:

Quote:
Patrick Williams has allowed the fewest points this season when guarding a ball handler in direct isolation (at least 100 possessions).

The fewest points allowed in the ENTIRE league, defending the opponents best scorers

Damn TML, but if this is the sword you’re falling on then you might as well call it a loss. Williams is not anywhere near being a star player and it’s not because of how he is being used. Perhaps he has the skills to be but (as others have said) he doesn’t have that dog mentality. If you are happy with Bruce Bowen then fine…But I was hoping for more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:16 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Quote:

Damn TML, but if this is the sword you’re falling on then you might as well call it a loss. Williams is not anywhere near being a star player and it’s not because of how he is being used. Perhaps he has the skills to be but (as others have said) he doesn’t have that dog mentality. If you are happy with Bruce Bowen then fine…But I was hoping for more.

When you step away from here you find MANY that agree that it has mostly to do with how he is being used.
And "Dog Mentality" is media inspired drivel to me. You won't find any player in the 21st Century that has more of a "dog mentality" than my guy Patrick Beverley. Patrick doesn't possess 1/100th the talent that this kid does. Dalen Terry also has a "dog mentality" too and he might have hemorrhoids from all the splinters he has from riding the bench all season long.
Being a "dog" is overrated and mostly illusionary anyway. Most of the dudes that get that label attached to them are considered such simply because they run around screaming,yelling, and mean mugging all the time. Means little and it's just something they use to make fans think they are "going hard".
I'd rather have players that have talent and heart as opposed to so called "dogs". You don't take LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Luka Doncic, Jayson Tatum covers as a 19 year old unless you have heart and like to compete. You don't play in all 82 games and be the toughest dude in the league to score against unless you have a competitive spirit. At 21 the kid is already a lockdown defender. He also is the best 3 point shooter on the team.
The Bruce Bowen comp is a terrible comparison too. Bruce Bowen had no off the bounce game, is 2-3 inches shorter and had a limited athletic ability. He also is about 20-30 pounds lighter.
It's hard for anyone (even a proven All Star like Vooch) to get their game off when you are playing with ball dominant guys like Iso Dero and Lavine. There is only so much ball to go around with those 2 guns on the team and a coach too weak to tell them to stop ball hogging.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:19 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Quote:

When you step away from here you find MANY that agree that it has mostly to do with how he is being used.
And "Dog Mentality" is media inspired drivel to me. You won't find any player in the 21st Century that has more of a "dog mentality" than my guy Patrick Beverley. Patrick doesn't possess 1/100th the talent that this kid does. Dalen Terry also has a "dog mentality" too and he might have hemorrhoids from all the splinters he has from riding the bench all season long.
Being a "dog" is overrated and mostly illusionary anyway. Most of the dudes that get that label attached to them are considered such simply because they run around screaming,yelling, and mean mugging all the time. Means little and it's just something they use to make fans think they are "going hard".
I'd rather have players that have talent and heart as opposed to so called "dogs". You don't take LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Luka Doncic, Jayson Tatum covers as a 19 year old unless you have heart and like to compete. You don't play in all 82 games and be the toughest dude in the league to score against unless you have a competitive spirit. At 21 the kid is already a lockdown defender. He also is the best 3 point shooter on the team.
The Bruce Bowen comp is a terrible comparison too. Bruce Bowen had no off the bounce game, is 2-3 inches shorter and had a limited athletic ability. He also is about 20-30 pounds lighter.
It's hard for anyone (even a proven All Star like Vooch) to get their game off when you are playing with ball dominant guys like Iso Dero and Lavine. There is only so much ball to go around with those 2 guns on the team and a coach too weak to tell them to stop ball hogging.

Good points on Bruce Bowen. Given his limitations he was a better pro than PAW has been to this point.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:50 pm 

Here is Sam DA MAN Smith echoing how the Paw has been misused by Billy D and also echoing how Derozan needs to be moved along in order to free up the 3 spot for him.

Quote:
How far do the Chicago Bulls need to go to ensure Patrick Williams has all the runway he needs to take off next season?

“It…seems apparent that Williams isn’t a power forward, that the Bulls badly need one, and the small forward spot has to be opened next season for Williams, who has become maybe the team’s best spot-up shooter and shown possibilities for making plays off the dribble from the wing,” argued Sam Smith of NBA.com. “He’s been toggled between positions, so you can see he’s been confused what to be. I think now he knows who he is and what he should be, and with a summer to concentrate on that he could be much improved next season. It’s up to the Bulls to clear the position for him.”

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:55 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Here is Sam DA MAN Smith echoing how the Paw has been misused by Billy D and also echoing how Derozan needs to be moved along in order to free up the 3 spot for him.

Quote:
How far do the Chicago Bulls need to go to ensure Patrick Williams has all the runway he needs to take off next season?

“It…seems apparent that Williams isn’t a power forward, that the Bulls badly need one, and the small forward spot has to be opened next season for Williams, who has become maybe the team’s best spot-up shooter and shown possibilities for making plays off the dribble from the wing,” argued Sam Smith of NBA.com. “He’s been toggled between positions, so you can see he’s been confused what to be. I think now he knows who he is and what he should be, and with a summer to concentrate on that he could be much improved next season. It’s up to the Bulls to clear the position for him.”

Let’s replace an all-star small forward with a guy who lacks the desire to score, but at least his poor rebounding skills will be less pronounced.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:25 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Let’s replace an all-star small forward with a guy who lacks the desire to score, but at least his poor rebounding skills will be less pronounced.

Yeah An All Star Forward that "lacks the desire" to pass the ball or play defense. Iso Dero's Ball stopping ways and methodical slowdown game has been murder for the squad this year. Trade him while he still has value (hopefully he does) and move on.

As Sam The Man correctly surmised, the Kid is a 3 and as such should be played at his Natural position. Jettison Derozan and pick up a couple of guys that help you win a few more games by playing team basketball and better defense.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:40 am 

He's Bruce Bowen!
https://youtu.be/X3ViliEwKMc

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I found LTG's YouTube Handle

Quote:
dgorena12
2 days ago
Patrick Williams is literally a pin point copy of Young Kawhi Leonard. Can do everything on both ends of the court, that’s very rare to have in a Forward.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:44 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I found LTG's YouTube Handle

Quote:
dgorena12
2 days ago
Patrick Williams is literally a pin point copy of Young Kawhi Leonard. Can do everything on both ends of the court, that’s very rare to have in a Forward.

If it were me I'd have pointed out how he has Kawhi beat when comes to (avail) ability :lol: :lol:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls ... ames-habit

Quote:
“It’s a blessing to play all 82. It was something that I definitely wanted to do and something I want to continue to do throughout the course of my career.”

But Hey Yo, Whatabout those damn rebounds?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Let's see what he's got when it counts....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Let's see what he's got when it counts....

I'm on this with ya.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:20 pm 

Not with Small ball Billy D at the controls. You can forget it

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Is he better than Kawhi Leonard yet?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:07 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Is he better than Kawhi Leonard yet?

Kawhi would put up better numbers in street clothes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next