It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
conns7901 wrote:
8 straight but whatever, he's rolling.

Bulls would've got knocked out the following year. I think that everything they had was drained out(the documentary will probably prove that out). But, as MJ said repeatedly, they should have had the opportunity. What Reinsdorf allowed to happen, was unforgivable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Bulls would've got knocked out the following year. I think that everything they had was drained out(the documentary will probably prove that out). But, as MJ said repeatedly, they should have had the opportunity. What Reinsdorf allowed to happen, was unforgivable.

Who would have beaten them in 98-99?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Male menopause

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:00 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

LeBron.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Shortened schedule would have kept them fresh. I can't remember how serious Jordan's finger injury was and if it would have kept him out for part of the season.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
FrankDrebin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Shortened schedule would have kept them fresh. I can't remember how serious Jordan's finger injury was and if it would have kept him out for part of the season.

Its unfortunate that we never got the chance to see if they wouldve run off 8 in a row but the 6 without a loss cemented the legacy. If they wouldve lost one of the next 2, been knocked out before even reaching the Finals it would be diminished . Jordan never lost when it counted the most . Never.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
badrogue17 wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Its unfortunate that we never got the chance to see if they wouldve run off 8 in a row but the 6 without a loss cemented the legacy. If they wouldve lost one of the next 2, been knocked out before even reaching the Finals it would be diminished . Jordan never lost when it counted the most . Never.

Yep.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Basically gonna settle this for you cucks...it would have been a 12-peat 1991-2002. Who the fuck won titles between 1999 and 2002? That's right nobodies. Carry on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:00 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nice to see Shaq spending the quarantine smoking copious amounts of weed.

Bulls had better depth. Shaq would get 40 and 20 but Jordan and Pippen would neutralize Kobe. Kukoc, Kerr, etc would be too much on top of Jordan and Pippen.

Rodman single-handedly shut down Shaq in '96 playoffs, and it was just as much mental as physical.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:38 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Quote:
and my free throw shooting

Sounds like he was having fun with it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:06 am 

ESPN republished an interview with Jordan from 1998. Good stuff in there. He even shows some love to Luc Longley of all people. He also said this:
Quote:
I really think that when I'm done I will take a bigger stand in social and political things. I look at someone like Jackie Robinson, and I see that he became a lot more outspoken after he left the game. Same with Hank Aaron. Because you have more time and energy to devote to causes.

I anticipate that happening to me, too. For me to make social decisions while I'm totally focused on doing my job, to make decisions based on what I've heard and not what I've investigated or tried to understand, I can't do that. I can, though, when basketball is done. I want to do that. But don't criticize me now.

I don't think that ever happened. He's still silent on most major social issues as far as I can tell.

Also, in ripping Krause and basically saying he should be fired, he also justifies the players taking over the role of GM move we'll see happen just 12 years later.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/290 ... stand-most

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
ESPN republished an interview with Jordan from 1998. Good stuff in there. He even shows some love to Luc Longley of all people. He also said this:
Quote:
I really think that when I'm done I will take a bigger stand in social and political things. I look at someone like Jackie Robinson, and I see that he became a lot more outspoken after he left the game. Same with Hank Aaron. Because you have more time and energy to devote to causes.

I anticipate that happening to me, too. For me to make social decisions while I'm totally focused on doing my job, to make decisions based on what I've heard and not what I've investigated or tried to understand, I can't do that. I can, though, when basketball is done. I want to do that. But don't criticize me now.

I don't think that ever happened. He's still silent on most major social issues as far as I can tell.

Also, in ripping Krause and basically saying he should be fired, he also justifies the players taking over the role of GM move we'll see happen just 12 years later.

He gives money, but he's still silent. Can't make billions yelling "Black Lives Matter" I guess.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

He gives money, but he's still silent. Can't make billions yelling "Black Lives Matter" I guess.

He always was really smart .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Players put Kobe 2nd.

https://youtu.be/GeUQhhrVtsM

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Jim Jackson once had a big game for the first three quarters and was talking mad shit. Jordan got really hot, dropping about forty, hammered Jackson and once JJ got to the line, Mike said to him that "You talk a lot of shit to me when you're wearing MY shoes".

Jim Jackson had no role in the rest of the game.

:lol: :lol: Absolutely love this . Fuckin’ MJ .

We were drinking with him one night and a classmate who'd played D1 ball was talking. MJ simply dismissed him with a crack about how my friend got better in his own mind with every drink. And then MJ told him how his coming hangover would let him know how stupidly drunk he was.

:lol: Yeah I’m not sure I’d be bringing up any non professional athletic accomplishments I may have had to the best player in his craft .

Like the time Mike North tried to talk to Isiah as if they were both players. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:06 pm 

North never understood that Truman college basketball wasn't much. Didn't he try to squat and catch an angry Dave Stieb on the street as well?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:10 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Spurs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Favorite Pizza Place
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

The Vancouver Grizzlies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:26 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Spurs

yeah I don't know about that. I get the Bulls were getting older and the Spurs were coming into their own as a great team. But I don't think the Spurs were quite ready in that season to take the trophy from the Bulls. But damn I sure wish we got the chance to see.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:29 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Spurs

yeah I don't know about that. I get the Bulls were getting older and the Spurs were coming into their own as a great team. But I don't think the Spurs were quite ready in that season to take the trophy from the Bulls. But damn I sure wish we got the chance to see.

Are we talking the 1998-99 season where we finished 13-37?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:31 pm 

PortageP_Chi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Spurs

Are we talking the 1998-99 season where we finished 13-37?

oh for fucks sake

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:33 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:38 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Spurs

Bulls were at their weakest on the 6th. Rodman was shot. His defense pretty much sucked. Michael was on the downward trajectory. Career lows in FG%, assists, and steals.
Yes, it's unforgivable they weren't given the opportunity. Pippen had a career year. It's possible if Michael was 2nd fiddle for 47 minutes, they'd get 2 more. But Michael is Michael and that's not realistic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Regular Reader wrote:
North never understood that Truman college basketball wasn't much. Didn't he try to squat and catch an angry Dave Stieb on the street as well?

I never heard that story.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
lmfao

Shaq is trolling, look at the very last thing he says in that quote about his free throws.. he’s just having a go is all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:57 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:46 am 

Quote:
Charley Barkley was guest on ESPN’s ‘Coffee With Cal’, hosted by Kentucky head coach John Calipari, he was asked to share some of his favorite Michael Jordan stories.
Barkley went ahead and told an unreal story of the first time he played with Jordan on the Dream Team. Before a game against Puerto Rico, Jordan played 36 holes of golf, before demanding to guard the opposing point guard, because he trash-talked him in some newspaper, not even letting him dribble.

“So we’re playing in Portland, Oregon, in the tournament of the Americas. So me, Chuck Daily, David Robinson and Michael [Jordan] go out and play [golf] at the morning of the game. We’re not playing till like eight o’clock at night. We play 18 and Chuck says ‘ok, that was a great time’. Michael says ‘I’ma play another 18!’ We’re like ‘Michael, we got a game tonight.’ He’s like ‘Chuck, I’ll be fine, bla bla bla’.
So Michael comes back after playing another 18, we’re getting ready for the game. Chuck [Daily] says ‘hey Charles, you got this guy, Patrick or David, whoever started that night, Scottie you got this guy…’ and then Michael says ‘No, I got him!’ It was the point guard from Puerto Rico, and Chuck says ‘well he’s the point guard, Michael’. Michael looks at him and says ‘I said I got him! I read something he said about me in the newspaper, and I got him.’ And the whole room’s like ‘dude you just played 36 holes of golf’ and coach says ‘and you gon guard the point guard?!’
Michael would not let this little dude dribble. He’s talking to him. You know that stupid drill when you try to turn guys and you’re like ‘yo, you can’t go, turn the other way?!’ Michael had played 36 holes of golf and he’s talking to this guy the whole time. ‘Hey don’t you ever talk about me publicly again! I’m Michael Jordan! Don’t you ever talk about me!'”

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
RFDC wrote:
Quote:
Charley Barkley was guest on ESPN’s ‘Coffee With Cal’, hosted by Kentucky head coach John Calipari, he was asked to share some of his favorite Michael Jordan stories.
Barkley went ahead and told an unreal story of the first time he played with Jordan on the Dream Team. Before a game against Puerto Rico, Jordan played 36 holes of golf, before demanding to guard the opposing point guard, because he trash-talked him in some newspaper, not even letting him dribble.

“So we’re playing in Portland, Oregon, in the tournament of the Americas. So me, Chuck Daily, David Robinson and Michael [Jordan] go out and play [golf] at the morning of the game. We’re not playing till like eight o’clock at night. We play 18 and Chuck says ‘ok, that was a great time’. Michael says ‘I’ma play another 18!’ We’re like ‘Michael, we got a game tonight.’ He’s like ‘Chuck, I’ll be fine, bla bla bla’.
So Michael comes back after playing another 18, we’re getting ready for the game. Chuck [Daily] says ‘hey Charles, you got this guy, Patrick or David, whoever started that night, Scottie you got this guy…’ and then Michael says ‘No, I got him!’ It was the point guard from Puerto Rico, and Chuck says ‘well he’s the point guard, Michael’. Michael looks at him and says ‘I said I got him! I read something he said about me in the newspaper, and I got him.’ And the whole room’s like ‘dude you just played 36 holes of golf’ and coach says ‘and you gon guard the point guard?!’
Michael would not let this little dude dribble. He’s talking to him. You know that stupid drill when you try to turn guys and you’re like ‘yo, you can’t go, turn the other way?!’ Michael had played 36 holes of golf and he’s talking to this guy the whole time. ‘Hey don’t you ever talk about me publicly again! I’m Michael Jordan! Don’t you ever talk about me!'”

Damn!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:46 pm 

I don't want to go to far here...this is a dude nearing his 60s who can't let something as trivial as a 30 year old sportsmanship oversight slide. Dude, you're 60 years old. Let it go.

Secondly, remember, for all his excellence on the court, this dude is a complete joke off the court. Look at the debacle as GM in DC where instead of pushing the development of his young players forward, he signed a 40 year old SG to hog the ball and a coach who made sure to run everything through that 40 year old. This stunted the development of his players before he got rightfully canned. Then he buys a dogshit franchise and says, you know what, I think I kind of like dogshit, and they've been dogshit ever since he took over.

Just to balance our perspective...

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:52 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't want to go to far here...this is a dude nearing his 60s who can't let something as trivial as a 30 year old sportsmanship oversight slide. Dude, you're 60 years old. Let it go.

Secondly, remember, for all his excellence on the court, this dude is a complete joke off the court. Look at the debacle as GM in DC where instead of pushing the development of his young players forward, he signed a 40 year old SG to hog the ball and a coach who made sure to run everything through that 40 year old. This stunted the development of his players before he got rightfully canned. Then he buys a dogshit franchise and says, you know what, I think I kind of like dogshit, and they've been dogshit ever since he took over.

Just to balance our perspective...

Yeah when that eulogy for Jordan is finally written the thing that Millions and Millions of people are going to say that they remember the most was that he was the owner of a shitty NBA franchise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next