It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo Ball
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
He had quite the night behind the arc against the Mavs. I liked his hair style too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

you can't name 30-40 point guards better than him, let alone easily. That's nonsense.

Busts don't get signed for $20 million per year.

Being traded as one of the main pieces for a superstar doesn't scream bust.

Here are a quick 21 right here. Without breaking a sweat.

Teams with at least 2 point Guards that I'd rather have than Lonzo
1. Brooklyn
Harden
Kyrie

2. Knicks
Kemba
DRose

3. Sacramento
Fox
Haliburton

4. Cleveland
Garland
Rubio
Sexton

5. Sixers
Simmons
Maxey

6. Dallas
Luka
Brunson

7 Charlotte
Lamelo
Rozier

8. Pacers
Brogdon
Levert

9. Lakers
Lebron
Westbrook

10. Raptors
Van Fleet
Goran Dragic

At Least 10 here
1. Lillard
2. Curry
3. Conley
4. Morant
5. Trae
6. Wall
7. Dinwiddie
8. DeJaunte Murray
9. Jrue Holiday
10. Markelle Fultz
11. Kyle Lowry
12. Shai Gilgous Alexander
13. DeAngelo Russell
14. Reggie Jackson
15. Chris Paul
16. Jamal Murray
17. Dennis Shroeder

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only appropriate reaction to this nonsense :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

you can't name 30-40 point guards better than him, let alone easily. That's nonsense.

Busts don't get signed for $20 million per year.

Being traded as one of the main pieces for a superstar doesn't scream bust.

Here are a quick 21 right here. Without breaking a sweat.

Teams with at least 2 point Guards that I'd rather have than Lonzo
1. Brooklyn
Harden
Kyrie

2. Knicks
Kemba
DRose

3. Sacramento
Fox
Haliburton

4. Cleveland
Garland
Rubio
Sexton

5. Sixers
Simmons
Maxey

6. Dallas
Luka
Brunson

7 Charlotte
Lamelo
Rozier

8. Pacers
Brogdon
Levert

9. Lakers
Lebron
Westbrook

10. Raptors
Van Fleet
Goran Dragic

At Least 10 here
1. Lillard
2. Curry
3. Conley
4. Morant
5. Trae
6. Wall
7. Dinwiddie
8. DeJaunte Murray
9. Jrue Holiday
10. Markelle Fultz
11. Kyle Lowry
12. Shai Gilgous Alexander
13. DeAngelo Russell
14. Reggie Jackson
15. Chris Paul
16. Jamal Murray
17. Dennis Shroeder

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only appropriate reaction to this nonsense :lol:

Left myself a little room. Only about 7 are debatable which still leaves a cool 30.
Given this crowd I'd expect someone to claim that Lonzo is better than Chris Paul. Wouldn't at all surprise me.

And given the naysaying about the squad Only 3 weeks ago quite the transformation.

You'd never know from the humility that I display that I was the first to call how good the team would be.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:47 am 

Over half that list is quite debatable. Chris Paul is obviously better than Lonzo.

Have you seen Kemba Walker play basketball in the last few years?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:48 am 

Terry Rozier :lol: :lol:

That list really is a work of art. Hang in the Louvre

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:49 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Over half that list is quite debatable. Chris Paul is obviously better than Lonzo.

Yeah and I have also seen Lonzo too. Kemba really only fell off because of injuries. He might recover may not but if Lonzo is so good then explain to me why he has never come close to sniffing the playoffs despite playing with Lebron, Ingram, Zion, and Holiday at various points of his career?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:51 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yeah and I have also seen Lonzo too. Kemba really only fell off because of injuries. He might recover may not but if Lonzo is so good then explain to me why he has never come close to sniffing the playoffs despite playing with Lebron, Ingram, Zion, and Holiday at various points of his career?

Because he's played on some of the worst teams in the NBA his entire career. He's a good player that will make a good team better (this year is literally proof of that). He's not a superstar that can elevate a bottom tier team to the playoffs by himself.

Pretty simple.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:03 am 

:eye:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Because he's played on some of the worst teams in the NBA his entire career. He's a good player that will make a good team better (this year is literally proof of that). He's not a superstar that can elevate a bottom tier team to the playoffs by himself.

Pretty simple.

Here lies the problem "worst" teams is only relative to the team record in this case. His teams weren't "worst" talented wise. Check his rosters. He has been on talented teams his entire career. Played with 4 guys that have been All Star players at some point. All still capable of playing at a high level. What has he done to make those teams "better" as you say. Those teams. Not the Bulls.
And of the New Guys that are helping the Bulls win he is no better than 3rd most important and might be 4th behind Caruso.

And I still count Vuk as a new guy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That's disingenuous. He played one season with Lebron and the team was in 4th place in the West on Christmas when Lebron strained his vagina and missed the rest of the season. Since then he has been on a terrible New Orleans team that is even worse since he left.

That argument works both ways. Are you prepared to say that Jrue is a terrible player because he was on a team with Zion, Ingram aqnd Lonzo and they sucked and he only succeeded when he teamed up with an MVP and another all star in Milwaukee?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The Missing Link wrote:
You'd never know from the humility that I display that I was the first to call how good the team would be.

Ahem...
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
From what I was reading it sounds like that money is going to Schroder or Lonzo. Much prefer Lonzo but it really doesn’t matter. It’s going to be several years before the bulls are good regardless.

If Lonzo is on the Bulls with all of the major players back (less Lauri) they will be good next season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:09 pm 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That's disingenuous. He played one season with Lebron and the team was in 4th place in the West on Christmas when Lebron strained his vagina and missed the rest of the season. Since then he has been on a terrible New Orleans team that is even worse since he left.

That argument works both ways. Are you prepared to say that Jrue is a terrible player because he was on a team with Zion, Ingram aqnd Lonzo and they sucked and he only succeeded when he teamed up with an MVP and another all star in Milwaukee?

Jrue Holiday was an All Star before he ever played with Zion Williamson. Jrue Holiday has been the best player on playoff team during his career. Jrue Holiday has been the 2nd best player on a team that made it to the 2nd Round of the playoffs before ever playing with Zion. Jrue Holiday tore a lining out of one of the best guards in the league (in a first round of the playoffs) before ever playing with Zion.

Jrue Holiday didn't play many games with Zion Williamson during his first year.

Lonzo Ball played a number of games with Zion the 2nd year with Zion playing his position. What does that say about him as a player?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:11 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Ahem...
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
From what I was reading it sounds like that money is going to Schroder or Lonzo. Much prefer Lonzo but it really doesn’t matter. It’s going to be several years before the bulls are good regardless.

If Lonzo is on the Bulls with all of the major players back (less Lauri) they will be good next season.

Without the Derozan move it would have been moot Zippy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:31 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Jrue Holiday was an All Star before he ever played with Zion Williamson. Jrue Holiday has been the best player on playoff team during his career. Jrue Holiday has been the 2nd best player on a team that made it to the 2nd Round of the playoffs before ever playing with Zion. Jrue Holiday tore a lining out of one of the best guards in the league (in a first round of the playoffs) before ever playing with Zion.

Jrue Holiday didn't play many games with Zion Williamson during his first year.

Lonzo Ball played a number of games with Zion the 2nd year with Zion playing his position. What does that say about him as a player?

It says nothing about him as a player. That's the point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:42 pm 

It's endlessly amusing that LTG is watching evidence in real time of Lonzo improving his favorite team and all he can talk about was Lonzo supposedly not improving a bad Pelicans team in the past

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
All the nails LTG puts in Lonzo's coffin...

Sheesh, Lonzo is still only 24...younger than Brunson by a year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:53 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It's endlessly amusing that LTG is watching evidence in real time of Lonzo improving his favorite team and all he can talk about was Lonzo supposedly not improving a bad Pelicans team in the past

The same Pelicans that are 1-11 since he left. And the same team that has all it's fans and tjhe world in general questioning why they let Lonzo go. Same Pelicans team who's GM and former coach got into a fist fight last night in Sacramento.

yep, Lonzo was definitely the problem there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

What's amusing is that you do not know the difference between "helping" and not hurting "his" team.

And as an aside you claimed that VUk sucks and you hate him yet I guarantee you that he will "help" his team a helluva lot more than Lonzo by the time this season "Shakes" out.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:38 pm 

Vuc finally played well last night. Hopefully that continues. There simply is no debate about who has helped this team more to start the season between Vuc and Lonzo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Vuc finally played well last night. Hopefully that continues. There simply is no debate about who has helped this team more to start the season between Vuc and Lonzo.

"Hopefully" :lol: :lol:. Vuk is a proven, known commodity while Ball is a figment of your imagination.

I have seen the dude as a #1 option be a force. As a #2 or #3 forget about it. He has game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:46 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What's amusing is that you do not know the difference between "helping" and not hurting "his" team.

And as an aside you claimed that VUk sucks and you hate him yet I guarantee you that he will "help" his team a helluva lot more than Lonzo by the time this season "Shakes" out.

I think by the end of the season we'll see that Lonzo was the "missing link" that brought the entire team defense and ball movement together.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:47 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

"Hopefully" :lol: :lol:. Vuk is a proven, known commodity while Ball is a figment of your imagination.

I have seen the dude as a #1 option be a force. As a #2 or #3 forget about it. He has game.

Do you think Vuc has played well this year? Are you a big fan of 7 footers consistently missing wide open layups?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Do you think Vuc has played well this year? Are you a big fan of 7 footers consistently missing wide open layups?

He hasn't tho he's come around a little the last two games. Still, even while struggling, teams have to respect him in pick and pop situations because of his rep. That's helped the offense flow. He also hit probably the game clinching three against Utah.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He hasn't played up to his usual standards but he will be fine. And of course I'm not a fan of 7 footers smoking layups. But I'm also not a fan of 6'6 guys smoking layups either. Ball is a terrible finisher. Particularly so given his size.

However even with Vuk's shooting and finishing woes the guy still rebounds his position extremely well and he is a helluva passer too. He will step his game up offensively. He has too much of a proven track record to think otherwise. I'm not worried about him.

The most encouraging thing for me is the fact that they have a good record without him playing up to his usual standards. Once he ups his production scoring wise they become even better than they are now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:00 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The most encouraging thing for me is the fact that they have a good record without him playing up to his usual standards. Once he ups his production scoring wise they become even better than they are now.

I agree with that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He hasn't played up to his usual standards but he will be fine. And of course I'm not a fan of 7 footers smoking layups. But I'm also not a fan of 6'6 guys smoking layups either. Ball is a terrible finisher. Particularly so given his size.

However even with Vuk's shooting and finishing woes the guy still rebounds his position extremely well and he is a helluva passer too. He will step his game up offensively. He has too much of a proven track record to think otherwise. I'm not worried about him.

Assuming this is just a bit that I'm falling for...Vuk would reference the insurance guy, not the NBA guy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

if you are I have a guy named Clint Capela I'd like to set you up with.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Vuc can't even stop himself from getting COVID.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:05 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Vuc can't even stop himself from getting COVID.

Ah Shit. Tony Bradley come on down!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

he hasnt played like himself, thats clear. but the last couple games hes coming back to form. he will be fine. hes the guy we need in the playoffs, especially with williams missing the whole season.

im more worried about derozen missing so many easy shots, but again, he will ramp it up later in the season. hes a vet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:52 pm 

2 for 10. 5 points currently. 312 where you at?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next