It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I forget what I was watching, but when talking about Adrian Peterson they mentioned that the results for returning to full strength for someone his age weren't good

Nice call boiler.....

:lol: :lol:

I just love the fact that AP has a good chance to literally have the greatest RB season of all time during the exact season that you guys were saying he was going to be a shell of himself.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Keeping Score wrote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
So Adrian Peterson played last 10 games w a sports hernia.

:shock:

I said he had a sports hernia. I can't believe he played through it. Makes break the bank Jennings look like a bitch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Keeping Score wrote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
So Adrian Peterson played last 10 games w a sports hernia.
Maybe thats what caused his very noticeable limp.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Is it me or did this thread seem kinda ridiculous, even by our standards?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
There's probably a solid chance AP took more HGH/steroids in the past 12 months than Lance did in his career. Either that or he's not human.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:54 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Is it me or did this thread seem kinda ridiculous, even by our standards?

Yep.

I'm still trying to figure out what Bigfan's point was.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I will need to explain it for the 18th time...because I know some of you are slow

1. Peterson came back to practice 6 months after his injury and when he came back he was limping. He said he was limping. He said he would play Week1, which he did. 8 Months from Injury.

2. I thought it would be a good measuring stick to see how Rose would heal from his injury.

Of course that was foolish of me...but yet per Rose's trainers....it was a "good indicator to watch Peterson and see how he recovered", but what does a trainer know... Nothing!

3. I would still be willing to wager that Peterson is now slower, from before his injury..which still does not make him a slow RB...BUT...he is MUCH MUCH stronger....per his own admission "I was really able to focus on my upper body, while on my crutches"

Of course we all know Petersons recovery was a normal recovery and every athlete with such injury should play like an MVP?

SUMMARY

Peterson played in the opener, that would be 8 months from his injury. So where is D Rose? He should have been playing Jan 1? Seems to me he is now behind the "ordinary schedule" of a player returning with such an injury?

Right? I mean Peterson didnt do anything spectacular ...so why cant D Rose be playing right now?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:32 pm 

There are a lot of other factors to consider that may be different for each individual.

What other damage aside from the ACL was there?

Did either have meniscus damage and if so how much was removed to clean up the damage?

Did either have MCL or LCL damage and if so to what extent because a shredded MCL will keep you from rehabbing much for the first 2-4 weeks while an undamaged MCL will allow for a much more accelerated beginning to the rehab process.

Where was the graft taken for the procedure? Was it from patella of the opposite knee, same knee or was it from a cadaver?

What kind of swelling did each experience during rehab. Swelling really bogs things down because it takes away range of motion and you really have to wait for it to subside to continue on......or you can be Andre Dawson and get it drained every other day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
There are a lot of other factors to consider that may be different for each individual.

What other damage aside from the ACL was there?

Did either have meniscus damage and if so how much was removed to clean up the damage?

Did either have MCL or LCL damage and if so to what extent because a shredded MCL will keep you from rehabbing much for the first 2-4 weeks while an undamaged MCL will allow for a much more accelerated beginning to the rehab process.

Where was the graft taken for the procedure? Was it from patella of the opposite knee, same knee or was it from a cadaver?

What kind of swelling did each experience during rehab. Swelling really bogs things down because it takes away range of motion and you really have to wait for it to subside to continue on......or you can be Andre Dawson and get it drained every other day.

NO...No Other Factors!

And None of this shit that in his 7 of his first 9 games he carried the ball under 20 times and his avg per carry after the first month was just over 4 yards a carry! HE WAS FINE!

There was nothing wrong with him to start the season....true he didnt score in weeks 2 to 6,,,but he was fine...everyone hear said so....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:44 pm 

So bigfan, your hypothesis is that two guys, different sizes, different sports, different moves, different stresses, different doctors, different injury circumstances... should have same healing times?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 pm 

Darkside wrote:
So bigfan, your hypothesis is that two guys, different sizes, different sports, different moves, different stresses, different doctors, different injury circumstances... should have same healing times?

I said One should be watched to see how he heals....it would be a good indicator.

FYI, so did the Trainer. (I know, terrible source)

And they dont have such different moves. They actually have very similar moves in how hard they cut, stop and accelerate. Might even say, if I had to take 2 guys from 2 different sports, these 2 are very similar...especially when one considers the elite level they each play on...that alone would be hard to duplicate.

Would you agree, Peterson might be the top RB that can cut and accelerate? Would you agree that Rose is the same in hoop? So why is this so hard to agree....

I guess if you dont see the correlation, you can email D Rose's trainer who suggested the exact same thing...but they dont know shit either.

I do chalk 50% of your questions up to just trying to fuck with me, which is OK, but the other 50% is rather unimpressive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I do chalk 50% of your questions up to just trying to fuck with me, which is OK, but the other 50% is rather unimpressive.

I guess I can buy that one could watch Peterson to see how it heals but I don't think that has any kind of bearing on another person's injury or healing progress because no two people heal the same.
Different people heal differently.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 pm 

Peterson has 6 days to recover. I do not believe he practiced much. Rose has 1 or 2.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 am 
100000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
I said One should be watched to see how he heals....it would be a good indicator.

FYI, so did the Trainer. (I know, terrible source)
That doesn't mean that they will heal the same. No two people are alike. No two injuries are alike. I don't know for sure obviously, but I highly doubt that their surgeries were EXACTLY the same. Maybe you should as the trainer about that.
bigfan wrote:
I guess if you dont see the correlation, you can email D Rose's trainer who suggested the exact same thing...but they dont know shit either.
I am absolutely sure that DRose's trainer knows a lot more than you and I.
bigfan wrote:
100% of your posts in this thread have been rather unimpressive. They have, however, been pretty damn funny. I just hope you know we are laughing at you, not with you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 am 

This thread was just fun since Peterson had one of the best rushing seasons of all time, and Bigfan seemed to be downplaying it until nearly the very end.

No, I don't expect Rose to come back and be MVP. If he can give the team 75% of himself this season, then the Bulls will be ok.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
75% ? I expect 90 ish ...n a better jumper,he been shooting jumpers everyday for ten months.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: salernos
312player wrote:
75% ? I expect 90 ish ...n a better jumper,he been shooting jumpers everyday for ten months.

Shooting jumpers.with a.torn acl? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:12 pm 

“it’s a different game and I know football. There’s hitting and cutting, but you’re running on a hardwood floor (in the NBA) and every step you make is a cut in basketball,"

I am glad Doc explained to me that Basketball is played on a hardwood floor.

I would be willing to bet Doc doesn't know what type of wood that floor is and the fact it actually would not be considered "hardwood"...additionally the Wood is set on 4 inch rubber sleepers that provide bounce like no surface in football.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 pm 

So does this mean Rose should un-watch all of that Adrian Peterson film now?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 pm 

I guess all you geniuses should call Adrian Peterson and tell him to shut up? because he doesnt know anything either?

"My advice for him would be to just attack it. Right now, the ligament is strong enough to cut with it. Don't be hesitant. When you're out doing drills, do it as you normally would any other day. Push yourself and challenge yourself. That's the only way you'll build the strength and confidence to where it should be.”
-- Adrian Peterson on Derrick Rose

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8611277/adrian-peterson-chicago-bulls-derrick-rose-attack-rehab

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:19 pm 

And this guy...another moron..

On the 1 year anniversary of ACL knee reconstruction, Adrian Peterson comes few years short of all time rushing record.From a sports medicine point of view- really amazing, unheard of--often takes a year just to get back on the field!Even though it puts a dagger in the hearts of "all us BEARS FANS"--(out of playoffs!).
Hope it's a good omen for Derrick Rose coming back from same injury & surgery!
HATS OFF to all the docs, therapists, & trainers & Peterson himself for this remarkable comeback.....

The Sports Doctor

Born and raised in New York, I've practiced podiatry sports medicine for over 30 years in the Aurora- Naperville area

My specialty in sports medicine is orthotic therapy, combined with specific training; strengthening of the ; ankles. I've been fortunate enough to have worked with some of the best athletes in all sports including many of the Super Bowl Bears back in the 80's, tennis greats John McEnroe & Tracy Austin, & numerous Cubs & White Sox.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:22 pm 

And my Fave for all of you in the "YOU CAN NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP CLUB"

He's found a great source of inspiration, though. Last December, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson also tore his ACL during a game. And, AP made a great recovery from it. He's already back on the field and has put up more than 300 yards rushing and recorded two touchdowns through four games this season. So, Rose says he's using that to help push himself along.

And the Link for all the Bitches....Suck it!

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/10/derrick-rose-is-drawing-inspiration-from-an-nfl-player-during-his-acl-rehab-process

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 pm 

The funny part is not one of you, took at as a good sign....that Peterson ended up doing so well.

I do think Peterson pushed it to "just be there on opening day" and the first 4-6 weeks kinda prove that he was not 100%, but in the long run the guy dominated.

The fact that Peterson ended up doing so well, hopefully is good sign that Rose will come back better as an overall player than he was before.

They have reported Rose has gained 10 pounds of muscle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 pm 

Of course...NO 2 People heal exactly the same.

As all the pre med students pointed out here to me, thank you for that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 am 

You seem obsessed about this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
A podiatrist?

Seriously?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 am 

Douchebag wrote:
You seem obsessed about this.

I responded in order to help you learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:45 am 
100000 CLUB

I just hope DRose can still shoot jumpers with a very noticeable limp.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
bigfan versus Doc Rivers has some serious potential.

My money is on Maywood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next