It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
sinicalypse wrote:
Nas wrote:
You're not winning a championship without him as Batman.

wait... what? i thought the general idea was that jimmy wasn't gonna be a good enough batman... you know, like we're talking val kilmer or george clooney as opposed to michael keaton or christian bale here, so you get rid of him to blow this shit up and find the next great young unknown to be the bulls' batman.

my nightwing analogy thing = nightwing is the original robin who breaks off from batman to fight crime as his own #1 superhero known as "nightwing." in terms of our batman metaphor here, i think that jimmy is technically nightwing >>> batman in that he's a #2 who fancies himself a #1 but if he's a #1 he ain't batman and therefore you ain't winning-titles/selling-comic-books cuz who the fuck wants to read a book all about nightwing? i bet most ppl here aint ever heard of nightwing, much like i figure most ppl here won't ever hear about a team led by jimmy butler as the #1 star winning a NBA championship.

obviously if you get rid of jimmy butler and try to win a title with THIS bulls team (starring derrick rose as LEGO(TM) batman?) then yeah.... sheeeeit. fuck robins... without jimmy butler is there even a batgirl on this team?

That should have been with him as Batman. He's definitely not a championship #1.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
ZephMarshack wrote:
you're also not winning a championship with Paxson and Forman in charge

quoted for (lamentable) truth.

i mean, if you get to be bad enough to get legit high-lottery-picks are you 100% sure that it was crazy-ass-scott-skiles (psychologically fucking with lamarcus aldridge and determining that he's a pussy and therefore) saying "DON'T YOU DARE DRAFT HIM" and that's why "we" took tyrus thomas > lamarcus aldridge? for what it's worth i've personally always assumed that it was on skiles for the bulls ending up with tyrus thomas instead of lamarcus aldridge.

or hell, if you wanna throw in the technicality of us drafting lamarcus and flipping him for tyrus and viktor khryapa, man, if viktor fucking khryapa was motivation to choose tyrus > lamarcus then that's arguably even worse than just outright deciding that the bumslayer > lamarcus in the near/future!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
sinicalypse wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
you're also not winning a championship with Paxson and Forman in charge

quoted for (lamentable) truth.

i mean, if you get to be bad enough to get legit high-lottery-picks are you 100% sure that it was crazy-ass-scott-skiles (psychologically fucking with lamarcus aldridge and determining that he's a pussy and therefore) saying "DON'T YOU DARE DRAFT HIM" and that's why "we" took tyrus thomas > lamarcus aldridge? for what it's worth i've personally always assumed that it was on skiles for the bulls ending up with tyrus thomas instead of lamarcus aldridge.

or hell, if you wanna throw in the technicality of us drafting lamarcus and flipping him for tyrus and viktor khryapa, man, if viktor fucking khryapa was motivation to choose tyrus > lamarcus then that's arguably even worse than just outright deciding that the bumslayer > lamarcus in the near/future!

I have no faith in this front office's supposedly proven drafting acumen since Matt Lloyd left. That's the one thing Paxson ever gets praised for and the amount of credit he deserves is questionable at best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

Who is Matt Lloyd?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nas wrote:
Who is Matt Lloyd?

http://www.blogabull.com/2015/5/18/8610 ... -lloyd-and

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:

Yikes! I didn't know that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
If I'm Thibs, I'm drafting Buddy Hield and trading away Rubio.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:59 pm 

312player wrote:

Buddy Hield will be a bust. Undersized two that can't create his own shot. The problem is that its a weak draft so there will be a lot of default picks at the top. Picking him at 5 may be a reach.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

Buddy Hield will be a bust. Undersized two that can't create his own shot. The problem is that its a weak draft so there will be a lot of default picks at the top. Picking him at 5 may be a reach.

If the T'Wolves luck out and Jamal Murray falls to them, I think they can hold off on making any type of mild/big trades this offseason. I looked a little deeper in the FA list, and I think Ryan Anderson would be a great fit in MN as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:48 pm 

Buddy can shoot and score, good ball handler too..I bet he plays PG and he's pretty good..I like him, im pulling for the guy. Draft is weak though..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:51 pm 

312player wrote:
Buddy can shoot and score, good ball handler too..I bet he plays PG and he's pretty good..I like him, im pulling for the guy. Draft is weak though..

Yeah I think a low ceiling, close to finished product like Hield is more Thibs' style, but Murray has a much higher ceiling ImO.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:58 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
312player wrote:

Yeah I think a low ceiling, close to finished product like Hield is more Thibs' style, but Murray has a much higher ceiling ImO.

Definitely is a Thibs kind of player. Grinder hardworker type that made himself into a draft pick. I don't even remember him being on any mock drafts as a second rounder before the season started now he is projected as a top 10 guy. Guys like him tend to struggle in the NBA because of their lack of an off the dribble game. At his size he would have to be able to put it on the floor and create shots.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:39 am 

I agree with what you're saying, but Murray will be the better player in the NBA.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:07 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
I agree with what you're saying, but Murray will be the better player in the NBA.

I think so too. This draft is so weak that I don't there will be anyone that will have any real impact in the league and that includes Ben Simmons.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I think so too. This draft is so weak that I don't there will be anyone that will have any real impact in the league and that includes Ben Simmons.

Isn't that really sad? Or that past few years not the greatest either?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:17 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I think we'll see some guys that weren't highly rated become all star players. That seems to happen in drafts like this

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:51 am 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Yeah...I've heard multiple guys on radio say Simmons is the next LeBron...No chance at that happening..I'm didn't see him at lsu much..maybe 3 times,I don't see this guy being a superstar.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:04 am 

pittmike wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Isn't that really sad? Or that past few years not the greatest either?

This past years draft was solid. Porzingus, Towns, and I think even Okafor will be multiple all stars. Jury out on Russell and some of the other guys down in the draft have a chance to be good to very good.

Wiggins draft was overhyped. He and Parker will be good I think but there will be a lot of flops found in the upper portion of that draft.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:13 am 

312player wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Yeah...I've heard multiple guys on radio say Simmons is the next LeBron...No chance at that happening..I'm didn't see him at lsu much..maybe 3 times,I don't see this guy being a superstar.

I think they will be happy if he becomes a poor man's Draymond Green. Solid floor game but he can't shoot and doesn't have a post game either. He really doesn't have a position either.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Jimmy to Miami is gonna happen, eh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5