It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
No that's insane. You're acting like Butler is Dwyane Wade. He's going to be at his best for the next 3-5 years. Depending on what they do this offseason they can definitely be competing for a title next season.

No they wont. They will be lucky to be.500 next season. You are vastly overrating the talent on that team. I actually like their two best players.

If they offer Dieng, Lavine, and the #5 you do it. Potentially 3 starters for a guy that has probably peaked as a player. If the TWOLVES acquire Butler they become 8th seed at best

oh dude.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
You guys are nuts, Jimmy is young, he hasn't had his best years yet..TW's won like 28 games last season..they need a PG, Rubio is garbage..they are getting better but 2 years minimum from a finals appearance.. Ibthink Boston is the team to deal with not Minnesota.

I think Rubio is perfect for Thibs. He's kinda like a Rondo.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
You guys are nuts, Jimmy is young, he hasn't had his best years yet..TW's won like 28 games last season..they need a PG, Rubio is garbage..they are getting better but 2 years minimum from a finals appearance.. Ibthink Boston is the team to deal with not Minnesota.

I think Rubio is perfect for Thibs. He's kinda like a Rondo.

yea, Rubio is a great distributor and can run an offense, just can't shoot. As currently constructed the Wolves can't really compensate for that. If they get a sharpshooter to compliment him at the 2, Rubio is perfectly fine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Nas was getting trounced until he saved himself with the Rubio praise. Rubio will perform well with Thibs. It is a great fit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:07 pm 

IMU wrote:
Nas was getting trounced until he saved himself with the Rubio praise. Rubio will perform well with Thibs. It is a great fit.

is Thibs going to teach him how to shoot ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:09 pm 

312player wrote:

Butler has peaked and they need a shooter more than they need Butler. but if Thibs is willing to do it cool. If it's on the table Paxson shouldnt hesitate unless Boston or Orlando or someone has a better deal on the table.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:10 pm 

Bagels wrote:
IMU wrote:

Yes. You'd be surprised by the magical powers that he posseses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
IMU wrote:

Butler did become a better shooter in Thibs final year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
IMU wrote:

Butler made himself into a better shooter not Thibs. What was Rose's 3 point % in Thibs's last season? I'm sure he shot better this season. Does Hoiberg get credit for that?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Bagels wrote:
IMU wrote:

Your point guard doesn't need to be a top scoring option. Facilitate and play defense. Run your team. The Timberwolves will have plenty of scoring options.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
IMU wrote:

Butler made himself into a better shooter not Thibs. What was Rose's 3 point % in Thibs's last season? I'm sure he shot better this season. Does Hoiberg get credit for that?

It was a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:14 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
IMU wrote:

It was a joke.

Well in that case ha ha!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I know Thibs loves Butler, but Jimmy doesn't address the 3 point shooting weakness the T'Wolves have (last in 3 pointers made this season).

I looked at a few of the top 2 guards available, and 3 names stand out:

Evan Fournier
23 years old
15.4ppg
46% FG
40% 3pt

Averaged 2 makes for every 5 attempts. His age fits right in with the wolves, but idk about his defense. He's not a max player, but you're gonna have to pay to get him.

Eric Gordon
27 years old
15.2ppg
41%FG
38%3pt

A little bit older than the nucleus of the wolves, but I bet you could get him cheaper than the other two players I'm highlighting. Has never been known for his defense, and idk if he would want to leave NO for MN.

Bradley Beal
22years old
17.4ppg
45%FG
38%3pt

I understand this is a long shot, but Beal is the best fit ImO. Regardless of his injury history, Beal is going to get max player money this offseason because of his age and still developing game. I don't see the Wolves grabbing him, but it's nice to dream.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:51 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
I know Thibs loves Butler, but Jimmy doesn't address the 3 point shooting weakness the T'Wolves have (last in 3 pointers made this season).

I looked at a few of the top 2 guards available, and 3 names stand out:

Evan Fournier
23 years old
15.4ppg
46% FG
40% 3pt

Averaged 2 makes for every 5 attempts. His age fits right in with the wolves, but idk about his defense. He's not a max player, but you're gonna have to pay to get him.

Eric Gordon
27 years old
15.2ppg
41%FG
38%3pt

A little bit older than the nucleus of the wolves, but I bet you could get him cheaper than the other two players I'm highlighting. Has never been known for his defense, and idk if he would want to leave NO for MN.

Bradley Beal
22years old
17.4ppg
45%FG
38%3pt

I understand this is a long shot, but Beal is the best fit ImO. Regardless of his injury history, Beal is going to get max player money this offseason because of his age and still developing game. I don't see the Wolves grabbing him, but it's nice to dream.

Wouldn't touch Beal or Gordon. Injured too much. Healthy Beal is the best of the 3 but don't want a guy that gets injured as much as he does.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:55 pm 

Yeah, I bet they've reached out to Fournier already.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

A guy that would be perfect for them is Aaron Affalo. Little older but he is a Thibs kind of guy and probably doesn't cost too much. I think the Knicks may put him on the block. He was a little disgruntled last season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

I know the injury risks with Beal but I would have to kick those tires first. He would accelerate the rebuild.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

A guy that would be perfect for them is Aaron Affalo. Little older but he is a Thibs kind of guy and probably doesn't cost too much. I think the Knicks may put him on the block. He was a little disgruntled last season.

Thibs wanted him a couple years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:14 pm 

Afflalo is 31 and averaged 12ppg in 33 minutes this season. He's done... I think Fournier is the smart buy. Beal is the home run.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:16 pm 

Nas wrote:
I know the injury risks with Beal but I would have to kick those tires first. He would accelerate the rebuild.

Only thing about that is the max out part. If you max him out and he is always injured then you are screwed. Guys like that kill franchises. Look at the Bulls with Rose and the Pelicans with Anthony Davis. It sets your franchise back because it hinders your ability to max out other guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:19 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Afflalo is 31 and averaged 12ppg in 33 minutes this season. He's done... I think Fournier is the smart buy. Beal is the home run.

The problem with going all in on young is salary. They are all on rookie contracts and once they get to 2nd contract you won't be able to pay them all. You need an aging guy who may sign fir the min. but still can play. Grow together doesn't work often in the NBA. Guys like Shawn Livingston are gold. Smart GMS earn their money off finding these types of players

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Only thing about that is the max out part. If you max him out and he is always injured then you are screwed. Guys like that kill franchises. Look at the Bulls with Rose and the Pelicans with Anthony Davis. It sets your franchise back because it hinders your ability to max out other guys.

Yeah I hear you. After some more thought, the Wolves already have 2 potential max players in Wiggins and Towns. Adding someone like Beal may hinder the franchise in two potential ways: Injury and Cap space. Fournier is who they should target, but if they stay at #5 I'd be disappointed if they don't make 3 point shooting the number one priority.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think you can fit 3 max contracts with the new TV deal. Beal has playoff experience too. You do want to kinda mix young and old. Maybe they'll call Deng.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:32 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

The problem with going all in on young is salary. They are all on rookie contracts and once they get to 2nd contract you won't be able to pay them all. You need an aging guy who may sign fir the min. but still can play. Grow together doesn't work often in the NBA. Guys like Shawn Livingston are gold. Smart GMS earn their money off finding these types of players

Growing old worked for GS, SA, and OKC... Sure, if your front office is garbage your team has no chance to grow anything anyway. We have yet to see a sample size of Thibs and his friend the new GM make personnel decisions.

I understand a veteran back court player is nice, but Fournier is just starting to hit his stride. Those Bulls teams under Thibs were at their best when they had Korver to stretch the defense (plus a dominant Rose). I only looked through a quick BR article highlighting the top 5 FA at each position. I'm sure there is a diamond in the rough to be found this offseason for the Wolves... They will not make the leap they need to without added perimeter shooting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:10 pm 

I think Beal is intriguing, but agreed about the injury risk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Nas wrote:
I think you can fit 3 max contracts with the new TV deal. Beal has playoff experience too. You do want to kinda mix young and old. Maybe they'll call Deng.

so without having to go back and read somewhere between 5 pages and 5 months, am i to assume that the general consensus here is that we're ready to move on from jimmy butler as a #1 guy?

i can see that cuz i'm pretty sure that jimmy could make a nice robin, but if the dude really thinks he's batman then you gotta ask yourself "who the hell reads that nightwing comic book series?" you know what i'm saying?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:45 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Nas wrote:

so without having to go back and read somewhere between 5 pages and 5 months, am i to assume that the general consensus here is that we're ready to move on from jimmy butler as a #1 guy?

i can see that cuz i'm pretty sure that jimmy could make a nice robin, but if the dude really thinks he's batman then you gotta ask yourself "who the hell reads that nightwing comic book series?" you know what i'm saying?

I think most people in the thread are ready to move on from Jimmy, I also think the thread should be renamed to 'Timberwolves offseason needs'.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

sinicalypse wrote:
Nas wrote:

You're not winning a championship without him as Batman.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
You're not winning a championship with Butler as a #1 but you're also not winning a championship with Paxson and Forman in charge anyway and any long-term rebuild once you move him will be all the longer if they're the ones overseeing it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Nas wrote:
You're not winning a championship without him as Batman.

wait... what? i thought the general idea was that jimmy wasn't gonna be a good enough batman... you know, like we're talking val kilmer or george clooney as opposed to michael keaton or christian bale here, so you get rid of him to blow this shit up and find the next great young unknown to be the bulls' batman.

my nightwing analogy thing = nightwing is the original robin who breaks off from batman to fight crime as his own #1 superhero known as "nightwing." in terms of our batman metaphor here, i think that jimmy is technically nightwing >>> batman in that he's a #2 who fancies himself a #1 but if he's a #1 he ain't batman and therefore you ain't winning-titles/selling-comic-books cuz who the fuck wants to read a book all about nightwing? i bet most ppl here aint ever heard of nightwing, much like i figure most ppl here won't ever hear about a team led by jimmy butler as the #1 star winning a NBA championship.

obviously if you get rid of jimmy butler and try to win a title with THIS bulls team (starring derrick rose as LEGO(TM) batman?) then yeah.... sheeeeit. fuck robins... without jimmy butler is there even a batgirl on this team?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next