All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rose Gone!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Light 'em up!

Post subject: Re: Rose Gone!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Nobody could've envisioned what happened Wednesday on April 28, 2012.

That's when Derrick Rose reigned as the youngest most valuable player in NBA history and the Bulls stood as the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

Rose tore his left ACL that day, rewriting a too-good-to-be-true narrative that ended when the Bulls traded the 2008 No. 1 overall pick and hometown hero, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-round pick to the Knicks for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon on Wednesday.

The Bulls' retooling process has begun with the once unthinkable, a trade of Rose, who later endured two surgeries to repair his torn right meniscus.

The additions of Grant and Calderon make it less likely the Bulls draft a point guard with the 14th overall pick on Thursday.

As for Rose, his Bulls' career forever will be delineated by that torn ACL. His ascension before that included the 2009 Rookie of the Year award and countless highlights leading to the 2011 MVP award.

After the ACL tear came the two more knee surgeries and comments that alienated many in the fan base.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
They might trade Butler to the T-Wolves for Rubio and the 5th pick and another pick next year

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Greatest day EVER

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
They might trade Butler to the T-Wolves for Rubio and the 5th pick and another pick next year

That would surprise me.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:56 pm 

So the Bulls get two mediocre PG's and an occasional good playing Center.

Bulls WIN! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Lopez replaces Noah.

Calderon is a better "point guard" than Rose.

I just wish the Bulls didn't have to include that pick.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
Greatest day EVER

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Lopez replaces Noah.

That's what you're mad about? A 2nd round NBA pick? You realize most 2nd rounders don't play in the NBA. Or if they do, they're the last guy off the bench. 2nd round NBA picks are shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
So, will he be booed first trip back to the UC when he is announced?? Or will he be injured and therefore not playing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:02 pm 

billypootons wrote:
So, will he be booed first trip back to the UC when he is announced?? Or will he be injured and therefore not playing

He will be meeting with his Son's teacher in New Yawk.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

New York media is gonna eat up Rose for the stupid shit he says. He's not gonna resign with them no matter what type of year he has. If he's bad, they won't care. But if he's decent, he'll go elsewhere. Maybe the Lakers if they want him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Sad day, but it probably had to happen. One of the worst injuries in Chicago sports history.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
HOLY SHIT! i heard this just now watching the mets game/broadcast, and of course gary cohen immediately quipped "and hey derrick is good for what, starting 10 games a year?" =D

if that's one of the prevailing sentiments in NY, well then LOL. looks like "we" didnt get much, if anything back (i dont think there's even any potentially-sexy/high 1st round draft picks involved, tho that might not matter anyways cuz any team with rose+melo+porzingas+PHIL = surely winning 50+ en route to a big ol ECF showdown with the cavs next may.

ah well, c'est la fucking vie. i used to say that "the one thing you can't take away from [derrick] is that he has heart", cuz back when the bulls lost to the heat 4-1 in the ECF derrick was doing postgame interviews saying "this is on me! blame me! i'm the one who choked, not my teammates! this series is 100% on me and not them! i have to get better!" --- and yeah that had me thinking "wow, that's some legit heart right there to step up and demand all the blame and etc...

...but then his knees systemically blew up and all the other injuries and #TheReturn literally became #TheWait (you know adidas HAD to love having that whole marketing campaign around #TheReturn only to have derrick go "nahhhh, i'mma play it safe and wait til next year.... gotta think about going to my son's HS graduation and being able to sit in the metal bleachers" -- and then like 5-10 games into #TheActualReturn he did up his other knee and that whole #TheWait2: "an't wait to be a free agent bugaloo" and yeah obviously that quote i just touched on and just arrrghhhhh.

honestly, i think derrick started off fine and proper and he really DID mean well to go forward and become a great/legend, but then when he started getting all those serious injuries he realized his basketball/mortality and he started getting selfish (which he technically was in his post-ECF interviews saying ITS ALL ON ME) thinking "what good is having ~200mil/+ if i ain't gonna be able to use it to live life to the fullest? i'm rich now and i aint wanna end up a cripple just so i can win 5-10 more regular season games 1 year and maybe make it one round further in the playoffs before losing to lebron"

and from there, yeap, c'est la fucking vie, no? HAPPY TRAILS DERRICK! have a fun year in NY b4 you go to LA like we all know you're gonna do cuz you're derrick rose AND YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
sinicalypse wrote:
honestly, i think derrick started off fine and proper and he really DID mean well to go forward and become a great/legend, but then when he started getting all those serious injuries he realized his basketball/mortality and he started getting selfish (which he technically was in his post-ECF interviews saying ITS ALL ON ME) thinking "what good is having ~200mil/+ if i ain't gonna be able to use it to live life to the fullest? i'm rich now and i aint wanna end up a cripple just so i can win 5-10 more regular season games 1 year and maybe make it one round further in the playoffs before losing to lebron"

and from there, yeap, c'est la fucking vie, no? HAPPY TRAILS DERRICK! have a fun year in NY b4 you go to LA like we all know you're gonna do cuz you're derrick rose AND YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT!

I think this is largely fair and accurate but I also think the Bulls awful medical staff deserves a mention here as well. When your medical team is almost killing your teammate, I think that may have justified both past and future selfishness about health.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Lopez replaces Noah.

Let the Wade Baldwin era begin.

Now they must keep Moore.

pizza_Place: Manny's
Matches Malone wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Lopez replaces Noah.

That's what I'm hoping for

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
815 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Lopez replaces Noah.

That's what I'm hoping for

If he's there, you've got to take him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:14 pm 

Betcha Duh Mayor wishes he would have stayed at Iowa State 8)

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Krazy Ivan wrote:

doesn't this end up being a salary dump and/or "get this dumbass out of our locker room" situation where the #1 thing the bulls gain is getting rid of derrick rose and technically being able to get SOMETHING/ANYTHING for him? with the salary cap going up by ~20-30mil or whatever next year i'm guessing that there has to be some kind of financial flexibility involved, like maybe they wanna get a certain free ajent this summer and having to sit on derrick for another year means you couldnt do that. honestly i can't see how this return would be any sort of MUST-HAVE-PACKAGE that warranted trading derrick rose to acquire it.

ah well, regardless of the details (that's where the devil lurks anyways) i'm assuming that one way or another the #1 thing the bulls "get" out of this trade is not having derrick rose on their team this upcoming season. at least we can sleep easier knowing that the "SUPER try-hard bulls" era is officially over and we're not going to have our dumbass GMs** try to do some bullshit to try and win now while "the window is still open." pfft. if anyone believed that the window was actually open (even after we got to the ECF vs the heat in 2010) then they're basically just like those dumbass dead birds you find laying there on your front porch; a casualty of not knowing that the so-clean-it's-transparent window was actually closed and thus they proceeded to fly into it at full speed and pull off the mortality equivalent of firing tom thibodeau.

** = i still believe that the buck stops @ pax, he just doesnt wanna deal with the media therefore gar. and they prolly got all over mouthpieces like bernstein to stop that "garpax" shit and put it out there that THIS IS A GAR FORMAN JOINT so that way pax stays immune to the criticism that he obviously can't handle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Great news!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I need to find ikesouth so we can have a few celebratory drinks over this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:24 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

** = i still believe that the buck stops @ pax, he just doesnt wanna deal with the media therefore gar. and they prolly got all over mouthpieces like bernstein to stop that "garpax" shit and put it out there that THIS IS A GAR FORMAN JOINT so that way pax stays immune to the criticism that he obviously can't handle

Pax is one of the finest basketball minds Dan has ever known, and last year's simply shitshow simply could not have occurred if he was actually involved in the day-to-day decisionmaking. Did you see how he reasserted himself at the end of season press conference though? The Bulls already won the offseason by getting back one of the sharpest executives in the league back at the helm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I was goign to say maybe GarPax were not kidding about being accountable. They said they needed to be better and are making it happen. Whether it works or not we will see but no more stay with our guys crap. Wouldn't surprise me Butler goes as well. Now that is a reboot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Maybe Melo is still mad Rose didn't have lunch with him or whatever that FA bullshit thing was about.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:43 pm 

Is there any doubt that the majority of this board will be hating this trade by the 4th preseason game? I'm surprised that they could even trade Rose but Jose Calderon? The knicks were trying their rid themselves of his journeyman ass all last season. Addition by subtraction isn't working either. Lopez is a nothing more than a backup 5 his damn self. terrible move by GarPax. I'm in favor of trading him but the Bulls will be worse off for it next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Is there any doubt that the majority of this board will be hating this trade by the 4th preseason game? I'm surprised that they could even trade Rose but Jose Calderon? The knicks were trying their rid themselves of his journeyman ass all last season. Addition by subtraction isn't working either. Lopez is a nothing more than a backup 5 his damn self. terrible move by GarPax. I'm in favor of trading him but the Bulls will be worse off for it next year.
So what are him and Carmelo going to do next year?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:46 pm 

:lol: I just realized trading Lopez might pave the way for the Knicks to get Howard. A Howard-Anthony-Rose big 3 would be hilarious, and a surefire way to keep Porzingis from ever reaching his potential.