It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fixing The Bull
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
LTG see what I posted about Rondo joining the Bulls and I think it was spot on

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:46 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:

Huh? Are you referring to this?

Chicago Fanatics Message Board • View topic - Rondo
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101225

Or this

Chicago Fanatics Message Board • View topic - Rondo 2 years 30 mil
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101218

Not only did you get caught with your pants down on Rondo but there is an obvious flip flop on Cousins. "Where's the Cousins on this team"

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopi ... 4&t=101225

Or this

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopi ... 4&t=101218

Not only did you get caught with your pants down on Rondo but there is an obvious flip flop on Cousins. "Where's the Cousins on this team"

What player on this team is a Cousin type player...where's my point on Rondo being suspended by Christmas for choking a coach?????????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Or this

What player on this team is a Cousin type player...where's my point on Rondo being suspended by Christmas for choking a coach?????????

The Cousins point is silly because if you are talking size and skill there are only a few guys in the league with that. The part about the coach was spot on but Rondo has been supportive of Hoiberg for the most part. His issue was with an Assistant.

As far as Rondo the player he has been a net positive. You didn't want him though and now you're talking as if you did. You are bashing Hoiberg for benching a guy you never wanted around anyway. Rank hypocrisy if you ask me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Or this

The Cousins point is silly because if you are talking size and skill there are only a few guys in the league with that. The part about the coach was spot on but Rondo has been supportive of Hoiberg for the most part. His issue was with an Assistant.

As far as Rondo the player he has been a net positive. You didn't want him though and now you're talking as if you did. You are bashing Hoiberg for benching a guy you never wanted around anyway. Rank hypocrisy if you ask me.

What coach doesn't play his best players?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Or this

Something tells me that you probably weren't really arguing for him to play at the time of his benching as much as you were probably patting yourself on the back for being right about the coaching cancer thing.

Rondo has played well over the past 2 months so now you're using it as a tool for bashing Hoiberg.

He was also an upgrade over Calderón yet you still didn't want him and you were wrong about his 3 point shooting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:35 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Or this

Something tells me that you probably weren't really arguing for him to play at the time of his benching as much as you were probably patting yourself on the back for being right about the coaching cancer thing.

Rondo has played well over the past 2 months so now you're using it as a tool for bashing Hoiberg.

He was also an upgrade over Calderón yet you still didn't want him and you were wrong about his 3 point shooting.

You seem not to answer the question :scratch:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:49 pm 

Benching Rondo was stupid but that may have actually been a GarPax move and Hoiberg did correct it. GarPax were advocating for the young to play more around the time that move was made.

I still don't ever recall you being particularly critical of the move and it is disingenuous to suggest it now. Too much Monday morning qbing. Get ahead of the curve for a change.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:57 pm 

:P
long time guy wrote:
Benching Rondo was stupid but that may have actually been a GarPax move and Hoiberg did correct it. GarPax were advocating for the young to play more around the time that move was made.

I still don't ever recall you being particularly critical of the move and it is disingenuous to suggest it now. Too much Monday morning qbing. Get ahead of the curve for a change.

so I have to be critical right away......and you were never critical and thought it was a super move :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:08 pm 

:P
long time guy wrote:

so I have to be critical right away......and you were never critical and thought it was a super move :lol:

To be honest it may not have been now that I really think about it. Rondo began to play much better once he was placed on the 2nd unit: Hence the Vegan signature quoting me by the why.

He wasn't clicking at all with Butler and Wade at the time and it was obvious that the younger guys on the team deferred to Rondo in a way Wade and Butler weren't. They began to get confidence and better shots too. Once he was reinserted back into the starting lineup Butler especially became more comfortable deferring to and playing off Rondo. Wade's injury helped facilitate the transition but Butler wasn't dominating the ball as much.

I wonder if any of this would have occurred had Rondo remained in the starting lineup.

The Bulls biggest problem personnel wise never 3 point shooting as much it was having 3 ball dominant guys in the lineup. Wade and Butler function as playmakers and so does Rondo. That was always going to be the biggest problem in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:12 pm 

WWN vs LTG might be the worst board rivalry of all time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:14 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

what might be worst is having no life and following it :wink:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:49 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

I have seen 1st hand the basketball acumen of Douchebag.Bagels & FF not a cognizant point among the 3... and 2 of them will have to google cognizant to see what the fuck it means

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This thread is 20 pages long now. Did we come up with a good way to Fix the Bull yet?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:06 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
This thread is 20 pages long now. Did we come up with a good way to Fix the Bull yet?

Yes if you paid attention :wink: :wink:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 am 

long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Guys have said the Bulls are where everyone expected they'd be but that to me sounds like an endorsement of mediocrity. You want to see teams and coaches exceed expectations. Thibs did that every single year except his last year. We got used to that around here until Hoiberg destroyed that culture. Plus there's no way you can tell me the Bulls, by losing games to the Nets and other garbage teams, are still performing as everyone expected. You'd expect to beat those teams.

The other problem with this defense of Hoiberg is that the party making this argument can never point to anything productive or positive Hoiberg does as a coach. All it amounts to is the assertion that he simply must be doing something right just because the Bulls aren't the worst team in the league. Hoiberg's critics can point to tangible shortcomings in his coaching, be it the throwing crap against the wall approach to rotations, terrible offensive plays off of timeouts, lying about conversations he hasn't actually had with players, or clearly lacking any kind of respect in the locker room. All his defenders can point to is the idea that he's met expectations this season, a standard that is laughably low since Hoiberg's own incompetence from last season was precisely one of the reasons the expectations were where they were at for this season.

If low expectations are a product of Hoiberg''s coaching then the high expectations (and failure to meet them) are a product of Thibs bad coaching.

The expectations for this team were low primarily because of the construction of the roster. When you look at the posts regarding the Bulls from the summer all you heard about was the "worst 3 point shooting team" in the league.

One guy here even said that Rondo is nothing more than a role playing bench guy in today's NBA. No one liked the moves made by GarPax as I recall. When the Bulls win the narrative becomes so what who cares because they still are nothing more than a 7th or 8th seed.

When they lose its Hoiberg is a terrible coach worst in the league. He probably isn't the guy for the job but this isn't really that talented of a team

There isn't one young player that anyone likes and veterans like Wade are past their prime.

Listen hear you little spinmister son of a bitch...who here said Rondo was worse than any of the point guards the Bulls have???? Fred benched him then realized the only chance to salvage what he fucked up was insert him in the roster.... not a starter but with the 2nd unit,,,,,then a starter.Just go away you fucking idiot

Actually you said Rondo was worse. Remember this little nugget.

Chicago Fanatics Message Board • View topic - Hoiberg's seat is heating up
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=104222

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:30 pm 

:lol: :lol:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Or this

Rondo one of the best players? Sure you believe that :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:53 pm 

What coach doesn't play his best players?[/quote] Rondo one of the best players? Sure you believe that :lol:[/quote]
I believe he's better than any other PG they have :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:31 am 

Oops!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:10 am 

long time guy wrote:
Oops!

Crown their asses......it was Fred's genius of resting Rondo under the ruse of benching him.....if the Nets don't tank they might not have made the playoffs...your a dope

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Oops!

Crown their asses......it was Fred's genius of resting Rondo under the ruse of benching him.....if the Nets don't tank they might not have made the playoffs...your a dope

The Nets aren't tanking, dummy. They're just not very good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:34 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Oops!

The Nets aren't tanking, dummy. They're just not very good.

The Nets beat them on the 8tth then bench Trevor Booker, Jeremy Lin and Brook Lopez call it what you will.....for guys ready to blow this up and then are talking bring on the Cavs....talk about hypocrisy :roll:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:59 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Well Thibs' style worked just fine here for five years. Second most successful tenure in recent memory after PJ - I'll take that.

Yes the Bulls have won games against good teams but that's meaningless if you can't win games against the bottom tier teams. There's enough talent and experience on the roster for them to not look clueless on the court, and for them to win anywhere from 43-47 games like FF said, especially in a crappy conference, if they had their act together.

I'm not beating the drums for Hoiberg. There's no doubt he's in over his head. However, he hasn't exactly been dealt the best hand here roster wise.

From top to bottom, this organization needs to be turned over. I'd let Paxson consult on drafts but I can't have him hiring the next coach.

If he is hired instead of Kerr GS doesn't win a title ...next

So the key to Golden State is Steve Kerr? Then how do you explain what Lukes Walton did in his absence? Walton hasnt demonstrated that he is better than Hoiberg either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:46 am 

Fred has to go

You're not exactly Barry Sanders when it comes to going against grain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Well Thibs' style worked just fine here for five years. Second most successful tenure in recent memory after PJ - I'll take that.

Yes the Bulls have won games against good teams but that's meaningless if you can't win games against the bottom tier teams. There's enough talent and experience on the roster for them to not look clueless on the court, and for them to win anywhere from 43-47 games like FF said, especially in a crappy conference, if they had their act together.

I'm not beating the drums for Hoiberg. There's no doubt he's in over his head. However, he hasn't exactly been dealt the best hand here roster wise.

From top to bottom, this organization needs to be turned over. I'd let Paxson consult on drafts but I can't have him hiring the next coach.

So the key to Golden State is Steve Kerr? Then how do you explain what Lukes Walton did in his absence? Walton hasnt demonstrated that he is better than Hoiberg either.

the car was on auto pilot when Walton was coaching

what about Mark Jackson ? Kerr took over basically the same roster and led them to a title

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:18 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

the car was on auto pilot when Walton was coaching

what about Mark Jackson ? Kerr took over basically the same roster and led them to a title

Same roster but Draemond Green came off the bench. You can't make it all about Kerr when Walton got similar results. Alvin Gentry also was the architect of the offense. I don't think that Steve Kerr is the key and he got pantsed by Lue in the finals last season. Severely outcoached.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:30 am 

If Hoiberg wins the first round the entire perception of him changes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
If Hoiberg wins the first round the entire perception of him changes.

nope

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 am 

long time guy wrote:
[I'm not beating the drums for Hoiberg. There's no doubt he's in over his head. However, he hasn't exactly been dealt the best hand here roster wise.

He was dealt the same hand Thibs had in his final year with the Bulls, and the Bulls made the second round under Thibs (and I believe they were the 3 seed). Hoiberg took over that same roster, and failed to even make the postseason.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Thibs is a great coach. He gets guys to play hard. People may not like his methods, but you could never fault his teams for looking sluggish.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next