It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fixing The Bull
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
veganfan21 wrote:
This is basically it, LTG. The difference between Hoiberg and an excellent coach like Pop or Thibs may be a few games given the roster, but it's also equally about bringing it each night, the culture/reputation you create, and the ability to win games you shouldn't win just based on preparation, effort, and discipline. That's the difference between great coaches and aspiring shampoo models like Hoiberg. The most recent example I can think of is Thibs and the Bulls stealing a playoff series win against the Nets despite not having Rose, and seeing Noah and I think Deng get injured during the series. In the end it didn't matter because the Bulls were going nowhere, just like they are this year, but that kind of thing will never happen under Hoiberg because he presides over dysfunction of his own making. You repeatedly keep referring to the talent, but you're missing out on a whole host of other reasons for why teams suck.

C'mon, you're really putting Thibs in the same category as Popovich?

And if you want to credit Thibs with a playoff victory over the Nets, then you most assuredly have to blame him for the Bull dropping a 1st round series against Philadelphia and much more so for not being able to topple Cleveland when they had no Love and a one legged Irving hobbling around.

This is not a defense of Hoiberg. I think it's obvious he's much more suited to the college game than the NBA one. That being said, this elevation of Tom Thibodeau to the pantheon of all time great coaches just baffles me. At this point, he's a slightly better Scott Skiles.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
This is basically it, LTG. The difference between Hoiberg and an excellent coach like Pop or Thibs may be a few games given the roster, but it's also equally about bringing it each night, the culture/reputation you create, and the ability to win games you shouldn't win just based on preparation, effort, and discipline. That's the difference between great coaches and aspiring shampoo models like Hoiberg. The most recent example I can think of is Thibs and the Bulls stealing a playoff series win against the Nets despite not having Rose, and seeing Noah and I think Deng get injured during the series. In the end it didn't matter because the Bulls were going nowhere, just like they are this year, but that kind of thing will never happen under Hoiberg because he presides over dysfunction of his own making. You repeatedly keep referring to the talent, but you're missing out on a whole host of other reasons for why teams suck.

And if you want to credit Thibs with a playoff victory over the Nets, then you most assuredly have to blame him for the Bull dropping a 1st round series against Philadelphia and much more so for not being able to topple Cleveland when they had no Love and a one legged Irving hobbling around.

This is not a defense of Hoiberg. I think it's obvious he's much more suited to the college game than the NBA one. That being said, this elevation of Tom Thibodeau to the pantheon of all time great coaches just baffles me. At this point, he's a slightly better Scott Skiles.

Agreed. He has a more talented team than this year's Bulls team and their record will be worse. They really aren't that young either. No rookies playing a significant role.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Agreed. He has a more talented team than this year's Bulls team and their record will be worse. They really aren't that young either. No rookies playing a significant role.

I am going to respond to MM. But get out of here with that lazy ass bullshit. The west is ten times tougher than the east. That's why the record will be worse but when you take into account the strength of competition Thibs wipes the ass with your boy Hoiberg.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I am going to respond to MM. But get out of here with that lazy ass bullshit. The west is ten times tougher than the east. That's why the record will be worse but when you take into account the strength of competition Thibs wipes the ass with your boy Hoiberg.

No it isnt. The West is decidedly better argument is an example of lazy Bullshit. The gap is closing rapidly. This will probably be the last year that it will be better. You must not have been paying attention.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I also notice that this particular argument is never used when praising the gaudy regular season record enjoyed by Thibs when he coached the Bull. Wasn't that compiled by beating up on weak ass Eastern Conf. teams too. Miami was the only team worth a damn. West was much stronger then than now and conversely East was much weaker.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No it isnt. The West is decidedly better argument is an example of lazy Bullshit. The gap is closing rapidly. This will probably be the last year that it will be better. You must not have been paying attention.

Thank you for agreeing the west is better.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:47 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Thank you for agreeing the west is better.

Not 10× better.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:31 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

No, I was.admittedly trolling up there. He's not in Popovich's class...Yet. I think you're being unfair by saying he's only a notch above Skiles. Look at his record, his playoff births, and his defensive rankings over his tenure with the Bulls.

I'm with you on Cleveland but not on Philly. Along with the devastating loss of Rose I think they also lost Noah if I'm not mistaken later on that series. Everyone knew their season was over once rose went down so personally I'm willing to write that off. I find your phrasing of the win over Brooklyn to be curious: "If you want to credit Thibs..." Who else is there to credit besides Thibs and the team? They were the lower seeded team that year and scored an upset series victory without Rose and other key players. It was a great achievement.

For me the only disappointing finish Thibs had was during his last year. Every other year he took the team as far as it could go. Along the way they created a reputation around the league for being tough and tenacious. Players like LBJ are on record as saying they hated playing us because they knew they were in for a fight. That's pretty awesome and it's a shame that we can't say that about ourselves anymore.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:08 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Can't have it both ways. A team that no one thought was good cannot also be considered an underachiever.

Bulls bashing was at a premium during the summer and everyone hated the moves. Now it's all on Hoiberg. It's disingenuous.

They aren't mutually exclusive....who here is claiming they're underachieving ? They can have a shit roster but that doesn't absolve Hoiberg from being awful.

I'm now of the belief that he's in over his head, but, if the Bull finish over 500 and make the playoffs, is that not a decent coaching job by Hoiberg considering this roster?

He's going to have to do a lot to make.up for the dysfunction. Backing into the playoffs because of the accident of playing in a shitty conference isn't enough. A good coach who gets guys to fall in line with the program, as others have mentioned, has this team locked into the playoffs by being at least 5-7 games above 500. If Hoiberg wins a playoff series I'd be impressed. As of now they're either going to miss the playoffs or get swept in embarrassing fashion in the first round if they do make it.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:28 am 

I think Thibs is a good coach but nowhere near being an elite level guy.

The guys knows x & o's no doubt, especially on the defensive end. I'd also be willing to bet that if you sat down with Hoiberg and just went over the nuts and bolts of the game you'd probably come away thinking this guy knows his stuff as well. Just knowing the game though doesn't mean you should be in charge.

I mean nobody is suggesting that Vinny Del Negro did a great job when the Bull took the Celtics to 7 games and Noah became Noah right before our very eyes. We as fans are very selective when it comes to giving coaches credit and or blame. I'm not immune to that. I know I've been guilty of it too.

And I'm not saying this applies to you, but to a lot of people I talk to and read, there like of Thibs stems from the fact that he coaches "hard" so to speak. Fans love a guy who yells and is animated on the sidelines or in the dugout. To them it shows that they care. I happen to thinks that's a ridiculous way of judging someone's ability, but everyone fans differently.

Bringing it back to Skiles, I think both he, Van Gundy and Thibs are very much the same guy. (You can throw Carlisle in there as well, but he's got the title on his resume which sets him apart in my view.) All three come in and seem to get that immediate bump in "effort" but by the third or fourth year players tune them out and their message falls upon deaf ears. Great coaches don't routinely have short shelf lives.

Granted, Thibs is only on his second opportunity HC wise, but you don't see a similar patter to that of the careers of Skiles an Van Gundy?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:15 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
I think Thibs is a good coach but nowhere near being an elite level guy.

The guys knows x & o's no doubt, especially on the defensive end. I'd also be willing to bet that if you sat down with Hoiberg and just went over the nuts and bolts of the game you'd probably come away thinking this guy knows his stuff as well. Just knowing the game though doesn't mean you should be in charge.

Exactly - it's so much more than just knowing the game. DB provided the example of Trestman. Trestman knows offense for sure. What he doesn't know is how to do lead at the big league level. Thibs did/does, Hoiberg doesn't.

Matches Malone wrote:
I mean nobody is suggesting that Vinny Del Negro did a great job when the Bull took the Celtics to 7 games and Noah became Noah right before our very eyes. We as fans are very selective when it comes to giving coaches credit and or blame. I'm not immune to that. I know I've been guilty of it too.

The series was fun - no doubt. But it was clear that Vinny had sort of the opposite problem that Hoiberg has - he didn't know how to coach the basics. I remember stories of utterly predictable sets and how he didn't know how to use certain players, like Deng.

Matches Malone wrote:
And I'm not saying this applies to you, but to a lot of people I talk to and read, there like of Thibs stems from the fact that he coaches "hard" so to speak. Fans love a guy who yells and is animated on the sidelines or in the dugout. To them it shows that they care. I happen to thinks that's a ridiculous way of judging someone's ability, but everyone fans differently.

Well personally I don't care for a coach's public demeanor. I also think it's ridiculous to judge a coach based on how he acts on the sideline. My eyes are permanently crossed from rolling them every time I heard some guy complain about Lovie's coaching because he didn't rant and rave on the sidelines like that dumbass Ditka did. But again what makes me think highly of Thibs are measurable metrics like record and defensive ranking. What also contributes to me holding him in high esteem is what his peers and competing players think of his teams. Having LBJ and others essentially complain about having to play the Bulls because, while the Bulls weren't all that talented, it was going to be a fight nonetheless because of how well coached they were, and how well they executed their gameplan, particularly on defense. That's relevant praise.

Matches Malone wrote:
Bringing it back to Skiles, I think both he, Van Gundy and Thibs are very much the same guy. (You can throw Carlisle in there as well, but he's got the title on his resume which sets him apart in my view.) All three come in and seem to get that immediate bump in "effort" but by the third or fourth year players tune them out and their message falls upon deaf ears. Great coaches don't routinely have short shelf lives.

Granted, Thibs is only on his second opportunity HC wise, but you don't see a similar patter to that of the careers of Skiles an Van Gundy?

Yeah, that was/is my concern with Thibs as well. I would quibble with mentioning VG, Thibs, and Carlise in the same breath as Skiles since they all have markedly better records, as far as I know, than Skiles, but yeah essentially the problem they all face from time to time is the same. For Thibs' sake I hope he solves that issue in Minny, but because it's only his second job we don't know yet if that's always going to be Thibs' achilles heal. I agree that great coaches don't have short shelf lives, and that's why I'm hoping Thibs figures that out.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:27 am 

We'll more than likely get our answers on the Thibs questions in the next couple of years.

Though with our luck, he'll get a third gig with somebody and then we'll be right back at it again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Can't have it both ways. A team that no one thought was good cannot also be considered an underachiever.

Bulls bashing was at a premium during the summer and everyone hated the moves. Now it's all on Hoiberg. It's disingenuous.

They aren't mutually exclusive....who here is claiming they're underachieving ? They can have a shit roster but that doesn't absolve Hoiberg from being awful.

I'm now of the belief that he's in over his head, but, if the Bull finish over 500 and make the playoffs, is that not a decent coaching job by Hoiberg considering this roster?

He's going to have to do a lot to make.up for the dysfunction. Backing into the playoffs because of the accident of playing in a shitty conference isn't enough. A good coach who gets guys to fall in line with the program, as others have mentioned, has this team locked into the playoffs by being at least 5-7 games above 500. If Hoiberg wins a playoff series I'd be impressed. As of now they're either going to miss the playoffs or get swept in embarrassing fashion in the first round if they do make it.

:lol:

It's easier to get an 8 seed in the West than the East. But somehow you think backing in to the playoffs for the T Wolves is impressive but if the Bulls do it it's not. Very objective!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Quote:
Jay Williams‏Verified account
@RealJayWilliams

Jimmy Butler is just a passenger on the @chicagobulls bus. Scored 1 pt in last 8 mins vs @memgrizz. Almost a no show since trade deadline.
12:29 PM - 16 Mar 2017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I bet Jay Williams wishes he was a passenger on a Chicago Bulls bus one night, 14 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It's easier to get an 8 seed in the West than the East. But somehow you think backing in to the playoffs for the T Wolves is impressive but if the Bulls do it it's not. Very objective!

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
so much for that

They won 29 games last year and have won 28 so far with 15 or so to go. Finished 12 games behind the 8th seed last year and now they're 4 back with enough time left to make it interesting. I thought they'd do 500 but I guess a projected 5-7 game improvement over last year's record plus genuine competition for a playoff spot is overall a win for Thibs' first year. Not sure what the feeling is in Minnesota though.

You're so full of shit. When the Bulls were looking like a possible playoff team, they'd be the most pathetic playoff team in history. The T Wolves, who are a worse team right now, are "in contention for the playoffs" and that's a win for Thibodeau. I hope you're beginning to realize why I said you're incapable of looking at the Bulls objectively.

Yep.

2016-2017 NBA Regular Season Conference Standings - National Basketball Association - ESPN
http://proxy.espn.com/nba/standings?sor ... WinPercent

List of Mighty Western Conf teams with less talent, worst coaching yet comparable or decidedly better records than the great Thibs.

Denver
Portland
New Orleans even without Boogie
Dallas. Have you seen that Roster?
Sacramento. Yes

No team on this list is farther than a game behind in wins and Denver is 4 games better. I'm sure Vegan predicted that before the season.

Thibs has underachiever this season no matter how you look at it. He sold the world a bill of goods.

This is all bullshit and I'll respond soon.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: Everything in my post is a fact.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:35 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Quote:
@RealJayWilliams

Jimmy Butler is just a passenger on the @chicagobulls bus. Scored 1 pt in last 8 mins vs @memgrizz. Almost a no show since trade deadline.

Right on the damn money and I'm glad he called his overrated ass on it. Butler hasn't given the Bulls shit during the most important portion of the season. That is why Sky wants the ball in Rondo's hands.

I'm sure someone will find a way to tie his shitty ass play to Hoiberg. This is the same guy who wanted to be the leader. Well lead then!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
:lol: Everything in my post is a fact.

So is mine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

There is clearly a difference between a dysfunctional team like Hoiberg's barely making the playoffs and a young team under a new coach making the playoffs after a long drought. I am being objective here - I did say Hoiberg winning a series would be impressive. Failing to make the post-season last year while lying to your players and fucking up a rock solid foundation established by Thibs, and then barely making the playoffs this year after another up and down campaign with more drama and dysfunction, isn't impressive in the grand scheme of things. The context is different for the Wolves.

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
so much for that

They won 29 games last year and have won 28 so far with 15 or so to go. Finished 12 games behind the 8th seed last year and now they're 4 back with enough time left to make it interesting. I thought they'd do 500 but I guess a projected 5-7 game improvement over last year's record plus genuine competition for a playoff spot is overall a win for Thibs' first year. Not sure what the feeling is in Minnesota though.

You're so full of shit. When the Bulls were looking like a possible playoff team, they'd be the most pathetic playoff team in history. The T Wolves, who are a worse team right now, are "in contention for the playoffs" and that's a win for Thibodeau. I hope you're beginning to realize why I said you're incapable of looking at the Bulls objectively.

Yep.

2016-2017 NBA Regular Season Conference Standings - National Basketball Association - ESPN

List of Mighty Western Conf teams with less talent, worst coaching yet comparable or decidedly better records than the great Thibs.

Denver
Portland
Sacramento. Yes

No team on this list is farther than a game behind in wins and Denver is 4 games better. I'm sure Vegan predicted that before the season.

Thibs has underachiever this season no matter how you look at it. He sold the world a bill of goods.

FF: You continue to assume the Bulls and Wolves are at the same place in the grand scheme of things. Getting to the playoffs, no matter which way, is a win for a young team with no playoff experience under a first year coach. Not the same with the Bulls, especially last year, since they were a veteran team with plenty of playoff experience. Once you get the difference between where the Bulls and Wolves are at development-wise then you'll see why comparing their records and performance is not helpful. The arrow is pointing up for the Wolves and down for the Bulls.

LTG: The Wolves' arrow is pointing up no matter how they finish this year. They are already on pace or have exceeded by now their record for last year. Not as successful as I prognosticated but its progress nonetheless. The Bulls have gone backward since firing Thibs - that's indisputable.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

There is clearly a difference between a dysfunctional team like Hoiberg's barely making the playoffs and a young team under a new coach making the playoffs after a long drought. I am being objective here - I did say Hoiberg winning a series would be impressive. Failing to make the post-season last year while lying to your players and fucking up a rock solid foundation established by Thibs, and then barely making the playoffs this year after another up and down campaign with more drama and dysfunction, isn't impressive in the grand scheme of things. The context is different for the Wolves.

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
so much for that

Yep.

Denver
Portland
Sacramento. Yes

FF: You continue to assume the Bulls and Wolves are at the same place in the grand scheme of things. Getting to the playoffs, no matter which way, is a win for a young team with no playoff experience under a first year coach. Not the same with the Bulls, especially last year, since they were a veteran team with plenty of playoff experience. Once you get the difference between where the Bulls and Wolves are at development-wise then you'll see why comparing their records and performance is not helpful. The arrow is pointing up for the Wolves and down for the Bulls.

LTG: The Wolves' arrow is pointing up no matter how they finish this year. They are already on pace or have exceeded by now their record for last year. Not as successful as I prognosticated but its progress nonetheless. The Bulls have gone backward since firing Thibs - that's indisputable.

You had them better than the Bulls this season. You placed them ahead if for no other reason than the fact they have Thibs. He had very little to do with the construction of the team and his 1st pick appears to be a flop.

You rate coaching above all else so this whole wait and see angle game that you are playing now rings hollow. You subscribed to the greatness that is Thibs. The imovement that you speak of is so miniscule that it doesn't make sense to really mention it.

As far as East Vs West that is weak also. Their win total exceeds that of Sacramento by 1 and Sac is down their top 2 guys.

You also never menation the gap in East West when you cite Thibs gaudy winning percentage. He piled up a number of wins against a much weaker East than exists today. Miami was the only credible team besides the Bulls yet that fact doesn't appear to trouble you much. It was also a weak ass East when they gutted their way to the playoffs with D.J. Augustin leading the charge.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:50 pm 

long time guy wrote:

You had them better than the Bulls this season. You placed them ahead if for no other reason than the fact they have Thibs. He had very little to do with the construction of the team and his 1st pick appears to be a flop.

You rate coaching above all else so this whole wait and see angle game that you are playing now rings hollow. You subscribed to the greatness that is Thibs. The imovement that you speak of is so miniscule that it doesn't make sense to really mention it.

As far as East Vs West that is weak also. Their win total exceeds that of Sacramento by 1 and Sac is down their top 2 guys.

You also never menation the gap in East West when you cite Thibs gaudy winning percentage. He piled up a number of wins against a much weaker East than exists today. Miami was the only credible team besides the Bulls yet that fact doesn't appear to trouble you much. It was also a weak ass East when they gutted their way to the playoffs with D.J. Augustin leading the charge.

You need to stop mentioning the east vs west thing because it makes it seem like you're half asleep when you type these posts. If the east is weak, which it is, then why doesn't Hoiberg have a better record? I'll tell you why: it's because he sucks. Being a better coach is worth wins even when the roster isn't great.

I don't rate coaching "above all else." I only mention it so many times to you because you severely undervalue it, to the point where I think you think it's irrelevant. Let's pretend Thibs never coached the Bulls from 2009-2015 and he's coaching the Bulls right now. Do they have a better record? Damn straight they do.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:58 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You need to stop mentioning the east vs west thing because it makes it seem like you're half asleep when you type these posts. If the east is weak, which it is, then why doesn't Hoiberg have a better record? I'll tell you why: it's because he sucks. Being a better coach is worth wins even when the roster isn't great.

I don't rate coaching "above all else." I only mention it so many times to you because you severely undervalue it, to the point where I think you think it's irrelevant. Let's pretend Thibs never coached the Bulls from 2009-2015 and he's coaching the Bulls right now. Do they have a better record? Damn straight they do.

Let's talk about the team that he is coaching instead of the one he coached in 2010. I could very easily make the argument that there are currently 20 coaches that could get the same results as he has. He will win 4-5 more games than the guy he replaced. Mind you the other guy took over just before the season began. He also had to coach a team led by unproven players. He also didn't have total control over personnel.

You billed Thibs as the cure for all that ails last season and now you are preaching patience. You can't place everything on coaching only when it furthers your argument. If coaching is paramount then Thibs is doing a pretty lousy job by all accounts.

The East is weak argument is your thing not mine. The East is much improved from the time that he coached the Bulls. It isn't as lopsided as it used to be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Quote:
@RealJayWilliams

Right on the damn money and I'm glad he called his overrated ass on it. Butler hasn't given the Bulls shit during the most important portion of the season. That is why Sky wants the ball in Rondo's hands.

I'm sure someone will find a way to tie his shitty ass play to Hoiberg. This is the same guy who wanted to be the leader. Well lead then!

Being called out by Jay Williams is like being called out by Frank...meaningless

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Unfortunately, the Bulls won't have a chance to sign Lance Stephenson in the offseason. He has agreed to a 3 year, $12M deal with the Pacers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 am 

long time guy wrote:
The East is much improved from the time that he coached the Bulls. It isn't as lopsided as it used to be.

Quote:
The NBA's Eastern Conference Is Closing In On A Record For Futility

The NBA’s Eastern Conference is in very real danger of finishing the season with only four teams having won at least half their games. This would be embarrassing, and stupid, and also very good and cool.

It’s pretty damn rare for a conference to finish with as many as three losing teams in the playoffs: It happened in 1986, when both conferences only saw five teams finish better than .500; it happened in the shitty East in 1992, when the Nets, Pacers, and Heat filled in the bottom of the bracket with losing records; it happened in the West in 1997, with Minnesota, Phoenix, and the Clippers. The Eastern Conference came damn close to seeding only three winning teams in 2004, when the fourth-place Miami Heat won just 42 games. 2017 would be the first time in NBA history when only four teams in a conference finish with records of .500 or better. It’s not certain to happen—maybe it’s not even likely to happen, with the Bucks streaking—but we’ve got as good a chance as we are likely to ever see.

I mean, if the East is gonna be this shitty, top to bottom, the very least it can do is break a stupid record or two, and this would be a very stupid record. It is the job of every good NBA fan to root for the Hawks, Bucks, Pacers, Heat, Bulls, Pistons, and Hornets to lose, and keep losing. History is at stake.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin.com ... 726038/amp

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:42 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The East is much improved from the time that he coached the Bulls. It isn't as lopsided as it used to be.

Quote:

The NBA’s Eastern Conference is in very real danger of finishing the season with only four teams having won at least half their games. This would be embarrassing, and stupid, and also very good and cool.

It’s pretty damn rare for a conference to finish with as many as three losing teams in the playoffs: It happened in 1986, when both conferences only saw five teams finish better than .500; it happened in the shitty East in 1992, when the Nets, Pacers, and Heat filled in the bottom of the bracket with losing records; it happened in the West in 1997, with Minnesota, Phoenix, and the Clippers. The Eastern Conference came damn close to seeding only three winning teams in 2004, when the fourth-place Miami Heat won just 42 games. 2017 would be the first time in NBA history when only four teams in a conference finish with records of .500 or better. It’s not certain to happen—maybe it’s not even likely to happen, with the Bucks streaking—but we’ve got as good a chance as we are likely to ever see.

I mean, if the East is gonna be this shitty, top to bottom, the very least it can do is break a stupid record or two, and this would be a very stupid record. It is the job of every good NBA fan to root for the Hawks, Bucks, Pacers, Heat, Bulls, Pistons, and Hornets to lose, and keep losing. History is at stake.

Stupid quote but not really surprising that you find it contradictory. The 7th and 8th seed are 1 game below .500 and the 6th seed is three games above .500. I guess being 3 games above deems one to be in some sort of "danger".

Meanwhile the 8th seed in the West is currently 2 games under .500

western conference - Google Search
https://www.google.com/search?ei=r6bdWO ... Lx6eTrA_kk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:13 pm 

Hey I don't know if anyone noticed but LeBron James is still good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:08 pm 

The Bulls should just play every game on Thursday night on TNT. They'd be pretty good then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:55 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

Stupid quote but not really surprising that you find it contradictory. The 7th and 8th seed are 1 game below .500 and the 6th seed is three games above .500. I guess being 3 games above deems one to be in some sort of "danger".

Meanwhile the 8th seed in the West is currently 2 games under .500

western conference - Google Search
https://www.google.com/search?ei=r6bdWO ... Lx6eTrA_kk

Point is the east sucks. There's really only one way to measure the quality of play in the east vs quality of play in the west, and you're refusing to grasp it. As usual your counterpoint about the 8th seed in the west is irrelevant and misleading. That same 8th seed in the west would be in the playoffs in the east, while the 7th seed in the west would be the 5th seed in the east. Meanwhile the top team in the east would be no higher than the fourth seed in the west. You can't argue with math - the east sucks and the west is far more competitive. Just admit it.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next