It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fixing The Bull
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:19 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Butler not being a franchise player isn't a reason to dump him - it's a reason to find a Batman so he can be Robin.

The problem is Jimmy sees himself as Batman and there's nobody that's going to change his mind about taking a lesser role. And even if you find a way to team him up with someone who's a legit star in their prime, that someone better not need the ball because Butler is going to dominate it. He's also going to slow things down so he can get his offense in.

Unfortunately for him and for us as fans, he's player best suited to a different era of NBA basketball.

I don't really see how one can conclude he irrevocably needs the ball in his hands at all times or would simply never accept not being Batman when there's literally never been anyone worth deferring to on the Bulls since his ascent.

This, plus a.decent coach would be able to figure out a solution to the problem MM brought up.

You don't know that for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Butler not being a franchise player isn't a reason to dump him - it's a reason to find a Batman so he can be Robin.

The problem is Jimmy sees himself as Batman and there's nobody that's going to change his mind about taking a lesser role. And even if you find a way to team him up with someone who's a legit star in their prime, that someone better not need the ball because Butler is going to dominate it. He's also going to slow things down so he can get his offense in.

Unfortunately for him and for us as fans, he's player best suited to a different era of NBA basketball.

I don't really see how one can conclude he irrevocably needs the ball in his hands at all times or would simply never accept not being Batman when there's literally never been anyone worth deferring to on the Bulls since his ascent.

Butler called for more iso plays shortly after Hoiberg was hired. All you have to do is watch how he plays. It is obvious that he needs clearouts in order to be effective. Butler began showing his ass shortly after he got paid the money. Writers have wrote about it and teammates have talked about it. You see the way he behaves and intentionally shows his coach up whenever it suits him. He has thrown teammates, both young and old under the bus yet people keep excusing it because he happens to be the best player on an admittedly shitty team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

This, plus a.decent coach would be able to figure out a solution to the problem MM brought up.

The best ones do. You only should hire the best. I wouldn't hire Hoiberg to park my car - it'd probably tell Hoiberg to go get his shinebox and park itself anyway.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:26 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The best ones do. You only should hire the best. I wouldn't hire Hoiberg to park my car - it'd probably tell Hoiberg to go get his shinebox and park itself anyway.

As Jimmy Butler loves to say "Jimmy Butler is still going to be Jimmy Butler no matter what" That suggests that he will throw anyone under the bus because after all he is just being Jimmy Butler. He is going to do that regardless of the coach.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:30 am 

long time guy wrote:
As Jimmy Butler loves to say "Jimmy Butler is still going to be Jimmy Butler no matter what" That suggests that he will throw anyone under the bus because after all he is just being Jimmy Butler. He is going to do that regardless of the coach.

Once Butler has a coach worth of respect we can judge him accordingly. Hoiberg invites dysfunction so I'm not going to blame players for acting out. Starts at the top.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Once Butler has a coach worth of respect we can judge him accordingly. Hoiberg invites dysfunction so I'm not going to blame players for acting out. Starts at the top.

What about throwing his teammates under the bus? He didn't just start with this group either. He did it when he had more accomplished players on the team also. It was so important for it to be "JImmy's team" yet we see what being Jimmy's team has gotten us. Mediocrity and as the team has faltered for the 2nd year in the row he has faltered. Where is all of this top ten stuff that we kept hearing about for the past 2 seasons. He looks shitty right along with the rest of them. If he were a top ten guy he'd be able to rise above the muck. He hasn't and all he can do is take subtle jabs at the coach. That is the sign of a loser.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What about throwing his teammates under the bus? He didn't just start with this group either. He did it when he had more accomplished players on the team also. It was so important for it to be "JImmy's team" yet we see what being Jimmy's team has gotten us. Mediocrity and as the team has faltered for the 2nd year in the row he has faltered. Where is all of this top ten stuff that we kept hearing about for the past 2 seasons. He looks shitty right along with the rest of them. If he were a top ten guy he'd be able to rise above the muck. He hasn't and all he can do is take subtle jabs at the coach. That is the sign of a loser.

The greats get coaches fired all the time

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Walt Williams Neck wrote:

It's still gotta eat away at Paul Westhead, Stan Van Gundy and of course Doug Collins.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:47 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

And the not so greats like Butler get traded.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Butler is a fraud and a point the finger instead of the thumb guy.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:30 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This Bulls situation is even more depressing than the Bears. At least the Bears will float back up eventually. There doesn't feel like an end in sight to this Bulls shit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Curious Hair wrote:
This Bulls situation is even more depressing than the Bears. At least the Bears will float back up eventually. There doesn't feel like an end in sight to this Bulls shit.

I love it. Burn it down to the ground bad. I can't wait for the end of season presser when these dumb asses have to answer to this train wreck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:21 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
They'll never have to answer to anyone. Not Daddy Reinsdorf, not K.C. Johnson who sits on stories like a mother hen, not anyone at 670 who agonizes over every little popcorn fart on an NBA court as if anyone else cares half as much. Everything will just keep going on like this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Either way, I think it's hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Curious Hair wrote:
They'll never have to answer to anyone. Not Daddy Reinsdorf, not K.C. Johnson who sits on stories like a mother hen, not anyone at 670 who agonizes over every little popcorn fart on an NBA court as if anyone else cares half as much. Everything will just keep going on like this.

You're right.

I've almost alway been overly optimistic when it comes to the Bull but I've reached my breaking point.

What's the plan here? Are they going young and if so, just who the hell are you building around? I was as big a Butler supporter as there was, but damn, he's regressing before our very eyes. His trade value has sunk like a stone here in the 2nd half and unless there's a Herculean effort forthcoming from him your options become severely limited. Any team you try to deal him to is going to lowball you beyond belief.

Shame on me I guess. Like many of you have stated, I should have seen this train wreck coming.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Quote:
"That's what I asked him," Mirotic said. "I asked him what I can do to be back? What can I do to be in the rotation? What I should do differently?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:14 pm 

Rajon Rondo has been the Bulls best player for the past month. Amidst all of the turmoil and the demotion he simply put his head down and did his job. The dumbest move made by Hoiberg (and there have been many) was benching Rondo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Rajon Rondo has been the Bulls best player for the past month. Amidst all of the turmoil and the demotion he simply put his head down and did his job. The dumbest move made by Hoiberg (and there have been many) was benching Rondo.

Rondo played a role in that but Hoiberg didn't look tough he just looked dumb. The Bulls fall started with him screwing Rondo.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
When the shit hit the fan Rondo walked out smelling like roses while Wade and Jimmy looked terrible. I won't guess if his Instagram post torching the two of them for their "leadership" was a genuine show of support for the rest of his teammates or a calculated back(and front)stab, but either way he knew exactly what he was doing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:22 am 

KDdidit wrote:
When the shit hit the fan Rondo walked out smelling like roses while Wade and Jimmy looked terrible. I won't guess if his Instagram post torching the two of them for their "leadership" was a genuine show of support for the rest of his teammates or a calculated back(and front)stab, but either way he knew exactly what he was doing.

He has some cred on it because he took time out during the summer to work with those guys. That is the only reason that I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. From the moment that he signed he took a genuine interest in them.

I do think that his attempts at being a model citizen may be calculated though. That 3 million dollar buyout may be the reason that he is keeping his mouth shut.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:22 am 

KDdidit wrote:

He has some cred on it because he took time out during the summer to work with those guys. That is the only reason that I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. From the moment that he signed he took a genuine interest in them.

I do think that his attempts at being a model citizen may be calculated though. That 3 million dollar buyout may be the reason that he is keeping his mouth shut.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:19 am 

Who is responsible for the benching of Rondo???? Don't say Butler LTG...has to be Fred....then he's a idiot

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:20 am 

Who is responsible for the benching of Rondo???? Don't say Butler LTG...has to be Fred....then he's a idiot

WOuldn't put it past that snake Butler. I think Wade may have been in on it too. Butler thinks he can play point. He is quoted as demanding as much. Rondo is a ball dominant guard that passes a lot. Butler and Wade are scorers that need the ball a lot. That was always the biggest issue for me as far as the construction of the team. Moreso than lack of shooting actually. I just couldn't see those two deferring to Rondo when it came to playmaking.

Sky King called it last night. Pleaded for the ball to be in Rondo's hands down the stretch. It is obvious that the offense runs better with him and it has been that way for awhile.

It is on Hoiberg to sort it out but I don't think he is capable of doing it. Really don't.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:24 am 

long time guy wrote:

It is on Hoiberg to sort it out but I don't think he is capable of doing it. Really don't.

:lol:

Don't walk back all that pro Hoiberg stuff now. I've spent months ripping Hoiberg for failing to run a team properly in all facets and you've repeatedly dismissed those criticisms. Now you're on board when the writing is on the wall? :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:28 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Don't walk back all that pro Hoiberg stuff now. I've spent months ripping Hoiberg for failing to run a team properly in all facets and you've repeatedly dismissed those criticisms. Now you're on board when the writing is on the wall? :lol:

Your Hoiberg critiques lacked validity. Mine don't. I was always willing to give him a couple of years before making an assessment. Those years are now up. Assessment is in. I don't think he is as bad as you suggest but I don't want him coaching the team once they acquire more talented players. His rotations are terrible. Cameron Payne being the latest in a long line of headscratching manuevers.

You bash just to bash. I don't.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
I was always willing to give him a couple of years before making an assessment. Those years are now up. Assessment is in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
We appreciate you coming around on Hoiberg, LTG.

But at some point...people should be able to realize a bad move before making or backing the bad move?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:05 pm 

IMU wrote:
We appreciate you coming around on Hoiberg, LTG.

But at some point...people should be able to realize a bad move before making or backing the bad move?

Your continued belief in the basketball merits of MCW and Lance do not lend itself as support of this statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:32 pm 

long time guy wrote:

WOuldn't put it past that snake Butler. I think Wade may have been in on it too. Butler thinks he can play point. He is quoted as demanding as much. Rondo is a ball dominant guard that passes a lot. Butler and Wade are scorers that need the ball a lot. That was always the biggest issue for me as far as the construction of the team. Moreso than lack of shooting actually. I just couldn't see those two deferring to Rondo when it came to playmaking.

Sky King called it last night. Pleaded for the ball to be in Rondo's hands down the stretch. It is obvious that the offense runs better with him and it has been that way for awhile.

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/841697594157998080
You still have to talk hoops at the children's table

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That's because your criticisms were invalid. Hoiberg's intentions were good, and that's all we can go on really. Results are irrelevant.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next