It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fixing The Bull
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:38 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The East is much improved from the time that he coached the Bulls. It isn't as lopsided as it used to be.

Quote:
The NBA's Eastern Conference Is Closing In On A Record For Futility

The NBA’s Eastern Conference is in very real danger of finishing the season with only four teams having won at least half their games. This would be embarrassing, and stupid, and also very good and cool.

It’s pretty damn rare for a conference to finish with as many as three losing teams in the playoffs: It happened in 1986, when both conferences only saw five teams finish better than .500; it happened in the shitty East in 1992, when the Nets, Pacers, and Heat filled in the bottom of the bracket with losing records; it happened in the West in 1997, with Minnesota, Phoenix, and the Clippers. The Eastern Conference came damn close to seeding only three winning teams in 2004, when the fourth-place Miami Heat won just 42 games. 2017 would be the first time in NBA history when only four teams in a conference finish with records of .500 or better. It’s not certain to happen—maybe it’s not even likely to happen, with the Bucks streaking—but we’ve got as good a chance as we are likely to ever see.

I mean, if the East is gonna be this shitty, top to bottom, the very least it can do is break a stupid record or two, and this would be a very stupid record. It is the job of every good NBA fan to root for the Hawks, Bucks, Pacers, Heat, Bulls, Pistons, and Hornets to lose, and keep losing. History is at stake.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin.com ... 726038/amp

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stupid quote but not really surprising that you find it contradictory. The 7th and 8th seed are 1 game below .500 and the 6th seed is three games above .500. I guess being 3 games above deems one to be in some sort of "danger".

Meanwhile the 8th seed in the West is currently 2 games under .500

western conference - Google Search
https://www.google.com/search?ei=r6bdWO ... Lx6eTrA_kk

Point is the east sucks. There's really only one way to measure the quality of play in the east vs quality of play in the west, and you're refusing to grasp it. As usual your counterpoint about the 8th seed in the west is irrelevant and misleading. That same 8th seed in the west would be in the playoffs in the east, while the 7th seed in the west would be the 5th seed in the east. Meanwhile the top team in the east would be no higher than the fourth seed in the west. You can't argue with math - the east sucks and the west is far more competitive. Just admit it.

This is why your basketball opinions lack validity. You constantly beat the drums for Thibs and his gaudy winning percentage. That winning percentage was attained in a shittier east than what currently exists yet not once have you cited it. Not once have you used the shitty east as a reason for the gaudy winning percentage.

The West is better but it isn't like they are light years ahead of the East.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:

Cavs are pretty much the East's only shot at winning the title, and they don't look so hot right now. Hell you don't even think they'll win the East now. No way in hell if Raptors, Celtics or Wiz somehow manage to beat them that any of them would even win 1 game against the Warriors/Spurs/Rockets/whoever comes out of the west

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:11 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Cavs are pretty much the East's only shot at winning the title, and they don't look so hot right now. Hell you don't even think they'll win the East now. No way in hell if Raptors, Celtics or Wiz somehow manage to beat them that any of them would even win 1 game against the Warriors/Spurs/Rockets/whoever comes out of the west

Wizards are better than the Rockets and I am not sold on Spurs either. I think the only legit title contender in the west is G.S.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:

I think the only legit title contender in the west is G.S.

:lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:19 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I think the only legit title contender in the west is G.S.

:lol:

You are morphing into the message board Jason Goff right before are very eyes!

Your basketball acumen is akin to that of Goff also.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Wizards are better than the Rockets and I am not sold on Spurs either. I think the only legit title contender in the west is G.S.

Damn you're stupid

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:54 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Damn you're stupid

No you are and you don't know a damn thing about basketball. You just make sure you have that $100 next year asshole. Pray for a season ending injury because that is the only chance your idiotic ass has of winning.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:05 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Damn you're stupid

No you are and you don't know a damn thing about basketball. You just make sure you have that $100 next year asshole. Pray for a season ending injury because that is the only chance your idiotic ass has of winning.

I know the Spurs are contenders ...which is more than you

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:09 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Damn you're stupid

They aren't that good and I doubt that they will another title anytime soon. I'm Spurs fan but this isn't the team of yesteryear.Leonard is good but he isn't good enough to carry a team on his back.

I know that Philly is better than Minnesota and barring injury they will easily be the better team next year. Be ready to pay up with your condescending ass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:16 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
[

Damn you're stupid

They aren't that good and I doubt that they will another title anytime soon. I'm Spurs fan but this isn't the team of yesteryear.Leonard is good but he isn't good enough to carry a team on his back.

I know that Philly is better than Minnesota and barring injury they will easily be the better team next year. Be ready to pay up with your condescending ass.

How many games have Embiid and Simmons missed? Being condescending to you is a very easy thing to do

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:23 am 

Doesn't mean they will be injured next season. If they aren't then you're cooked with your dumbass. I'm not even betting that Philly will be better. I know they are. I'm betting that they won't have an injury to one of their core guys.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
People may not want to talk about this subject anymore, but if the Bulls finish above 500 and make the playoffs, how much credit does Hoiberg deserve?

I'm not a Hoiberg fan, but after losing Gibson, McDermott and Wade, has he done a pretty decent job to somewhat right the ship?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:34 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
People may not want to talk about this subject anymore, but if the Bulls finish above 500 and make the playoffs, how much credit does Hoiberg deserve?

I'm not a Hoiberg fan, but after losing Gibson, McDermott and Wade, has he done a pretty decent job to somewhat right the ship?

I'm really thinking Wade was a total cancer in that locker room (even moreso than anybody). Ever since he went down, this team has been completely different.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:37 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

I'm really thinking Wade was a total cancer in that locker room (even moreso than anybody). Ever since he went down, this team has been completely different.

You might be onto something.

I know the schedule has been easier, but there's also no denying that the Bull are playing better basketball.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:22 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

You might be onto something.

I know the schedule has been easier, but there's also no denying that the Bull are playing better basketball.

Wade and Gibson were ball stoppers and played the veteran card as a way of undermining Hoiberg. Wade was more of cancer than Gibson but the style of play that Hoiberg envisioned was ill suited to his game.

Wade's style of play hindered Rondo the most.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Looking back, how many games might have been lost when Rondo was banished to the bench?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:48 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Looking back, how many games might have been lost when Rondo was banished to the bench?

About 5 or 6. I also think it may gotten Rondo's attention. He has played lights out ever since.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:05 am 

long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

About 5 or 6. I also think it may gotten Rondo's attention. He has played lights out ever since.

and he still isn't running plays Fred calls

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:25 am 

long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

AND you are knowledgeable enough to know what Hoiberg''s offense happens to be? Get the hell out of here

Bulls offense looks completely different and Hoiberg/slash Rondo both deserve credit. Butler also deserves credit for buying in and trusting teammates more than he has. The Ball is moving better and they are getting shots that weren't there earlier in the season.

Butler is trusting the offense more. He isn't calling as many isolation plays and it is working.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:35 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

AND you are knowledgeable enough to know what Hoiberg''s offense happens to be? Get the hell out of here

Bulls offense looks completely different and Hoiberg/slash Rondo both deserve credit. Butler also deserves credit for buying in and trusting teammates more than he has. The Ball is moving better and they are getting shots that weren't there earlier in the season.

Butler is trusting the offense more. He isn't calling as many isolation plays and it is working.

Rondo is a better point guard than the other 4 jamokes Fred was running out there...and YOUR knowledgeable enough to know Fred's offense...you get the fuck out of here

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:40 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Rondo is a better point guard than the other 4 jamokes Fred was running out there...and YOUR knowledgeable enough to know Fred's offense...you get the fuck out of here

Your comments about Rondo are truly revelatory by the way. I'm sure your hypocritical condescending ass was bashing the shit out of him not too long ago. That is how you roll.

As far as Hoiberg goes the Bulls are playing faster and the ball is moving better. That is what Hoiberg's offense has always happened to be. Guys are getting wide open shots and Rondo and Hoiberg have a lot to do with it. Dismissing ball stopping guys like Gibson and Wade's injury also has a lot to do with it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
Leonard is good but he isn't good enough to carry a team on his back.

If Leonard isn't, who is?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:29 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Right now I'd say no one. James but he needed to Irving to be 1A in order to win. The supporting casts on the other teams are better than what Leonard has. Aldridge isn't a solid No. 2 guy and I have no confidence in the role playing guys on the Spurs. Once Parker Ginobili and Duncan began showing their age the window closed on the Spurs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I do not agree.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:49 am 

IMU wrote:
I do not agree.

Watch out he'll call you condescending Image

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:54 am 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Right now I'd say no one. James but he needed to Irving to be 1A in order to win. The supporting casts on the other teams are better than what Leonard has. Aldridge isn't a solid No. 2 guy and I have no confidence in the role playing guys on the Spurs. Once Parker Ginobili and Duncan began showing their age the window closed on the Spurs.

Westbrook can't carry the Thunder?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:50 am 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Westbrook can't carry the Thunder?

Not to a championship. The original point relates to winning championships. as the Spurs are presently constructed simply having Leonard is not enough. They can't beat a healthy Golden State and I wonder if they beat the Clippers at full strength.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Matches Malone wrote:

Making the playoffs is usually a way to keep your job safe for next year, but it doesn't absolve Hoiberg for the shit show he presided over, and continues to preside over, this year. Not to mention last year. Despite what some make up in their heads, the east is a total disaster - the bottom four seeds are flirting with 500 and may even go under 500 and still make it into the postseason. Given that context, making the playoffs as the 8th seed is not exactly a great accomplishment for a veteran team no less.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Making the playoffs is usually a way to keep your job safe for next year,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Making the playoffs is usually a way to keep your job safe for next year, but it doesn't absolve Hoiberg for the shit show he presided over, and continues to preside over, this year. Not to mention last year. Despite what some make up in their heads, the east is a total disaster - the bottom four seeds are flirting with 500 and may even go under 500 and still make it into the postseason. Given that context, making the playoffs as the 8th seed is not exactly a great accomplishment for a veteran team no less.

:lol: The only person currently on the roster from the day of Hoiberg's arrival is Jimmy Butler. I don't even believe that Portis had been drafted at that point.

Veteran team? The Bulls began the season with 5 established players on the roster. The rest were unproven. I'm not happy with some of the things Hoiberg has done but you're off base if you think that he has presided over a "shit show". When it is said and done they will finish where they were predicted to finish. If he'd done a terrible job there'd be no way that could have happened.

Your argument also lacks validity for 2 reasons. 1. The Bulls have performed better against better teams. They aren't stockpiliing wins against crappy teams.

2. As has been previously stated you have no problem touting Thibs's record while with the Bulls. Thibs record was attained against an Eastern Conf. that was shittier than it is today yet you conveniently have failed to ever mention it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next