It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
In an era where cap space is key, these two knuckleheads trade Rose's expiring contract (1 yr. / $21 million) for a mediocre Robin Lopez ( 3 yrs. / $41 million). Contrary to what the talking heads say, Rose did not need to go. Only a weak front office with a 2nd city mentality thinks bad sound bites from a former MVP are insufferable. Compare Rose's antics to Patrick Kane's and ask yourselves who is more insufferable. And if you say Rose needed to go due to injuries, you might want to take a look at the hard numbers of the trade again - 1 year $21 million traded for 3 yrs $41 million. The big boy move was to keep Rose and let his deal expire if you couldn't make a trade that made sense. Now, the Bulls are married to Robin "Brooke" Lopez for the next 3 seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
You were going to need a starting C at some point.

If you hold onto Rose and then let him walk, a big chunk of that cap space is going to have to go towards a ridiculous deal for someone to man the C spot. Say what you want about Lopez, but his contract is actually pretty team friendly considering all the new ones that have been handed out this off-season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I think what's lost on nearly everyone is that GarPax aren't bad at their jobs. They're bad at the jobs people (rightly, I'd say) think they should be doing; they're great at Jerry's vision of the job - i.e., make sure we have a shot at the playoffs and keep the building full of asses ever 18", not to mention keeping just enough 'peace' around the organization that they can pretend to plausibly deny story after story that somehow or another casts the Bulls in a negative light.

That's the only way, I think, to explain doing things like saying how they want to get younger and then sign Rondo, or at one moment seem to be lining up to tank and then keep making moves to just improve the team enough that they end up w/out a high pick. Maybe some long-timers drop their tickets, but folks that want to finally see a game and then get a chance to will go see a middling maybe-they'll-win-tonight squad, but not one that's tanking. Turnstiles turn, asses in seats, cash in hand, lather, rinse, repeat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Don Tiny wrote:
I think what's lost on nearly everyone is that GarPax aren't bad at their jobs. They're bad at the jobs people (rightly, I'd say) think they should be doing; they're great at Jerry's vision of the job - i.e., make sure we have a shot at the playoffs and keep the building full of asses ever 18", not to mention keeping just enough 'peace' around the organization that they can pretend to plausibly deny story after story that somehow or another casts the Bulls in a negative light.

That's the only way, I think, to explain doing things like saying how they want to get younger and then sign Rondo, or at one moment seem to be lining up to tank and then keep making moves to just improve the team enough that they end up w/out a high pick. Maybe some long-timers drop their tickets, but folks that want to finally see a game and then get a chance to will go see a middling maybe-they'll-win-tonight squad, but not one that's tanking. Turnstiles turn, asses in seats, cash in hand, lather, rinse, repeat.

I honestly think, that because of the whole Philly debacle over the past 5 years, word has come down from the league that they will not tolerate one of their major markets going into a prolonged "rebuilding" mode.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Matches Malone wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I honestly think, that because of the whole Philly debacle over the past 5 years, word has come down from the league that they will not tolerate one of their major markets going into a prolonged "rebuilding" mode.

That's not an unreasonable take either ... it's a more palatable one I'd say.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don Tiny wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

That's not an unreasonable take either ... it's a more palatable one I'd say.

Yeah but if that was true Jim Buss wouldn't be allowed to continue ruining the Lakers.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Quote:
There’s another familiar face waiting for Durant in The Bay: Warriors assistant coach Ron Adams, the defensive guru who was with him in Oklahoma City from 2008 to 2010.

The two have a fantastic relationship, one that continued from a distance after Adams left for the Chicago Bulls six summers ago. Before games between the Warriors and Thunder the past two seasons, Adams and Durant would routinely visit. Whether it was just a half-hug or a brief visit, it was quite evident that there’s a mutual respect there that should help them going forward.
After Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals at Oracle Arena, when the Warriors’ comeback from a 3-1 deficit to the Thunder was complete, Adams stopped Durant on his way back to the visitor’s locker room to make sure Durant knew how proud he was of the player he had become. Durant is a born scorer, but his defensive improvements have come progressively over the years. And that, more than anything else, was something that Adams wanted Durant to know that he had noticed.

:lol:
How could Durant ever be have any respect for someone who showed such disrespect to his superiors???

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Ok, who's shitty mult is FJBlack8?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
spmack wrote:
Ok, who's shitty mult is FJBlack8?

The new regime inspires long time lurkers to join in the fray. No one is scared of the ban hammer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The OP gets it. The rest of you are the reason the NBA and it's fan are shit. Once again, like better things.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hockey Gay wrote:
The OP gets it. The rest of you are the reason the NBA and it's fan are shit. Once again, like better things.

Coors, Busch light, or Natty Ice tonight?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hockey Gay wrote:

Stop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
say it with me guys(-n-gals): the bulls like jerian grant. oh yes they do. he has the kind of potential that only a kris dunn could possibly match in what's said to be "the worst draft since someone put out a cigarette in your budweiser"

also hey new guy you're kind of encroaching on my domain as the resident "master of the obvious" over here! welcome and read the rules!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:12 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Matches Malone wrote:
You were going to need a starting C at some point.

If you hold onto Rose and then let him walk, a big chunk of that cap space is going to have to go towards a ridiculous deal for someone to man the C spot. Say what you want about Lopez, but his contract is actually pretty team friendly considering all the new ones that have been handed out this off-season.

You make an interesting point about the team friendly contract. But, there's two issues:

1. With the Golden State model you don't need a traditional center. What is GarPax's ball style? Look at the roster; filled with shooters. 3 point shots create long rebounds. Side point - Didn't Thibs want Draymond Green instead of Marquis Teague in the draft?

2. You're assuming the only way the Bulls could acquire a center is via free agency. Trading for stats comparable to Lopez' isn't that hard. I'd be interested in seeing if Cristiano Felicio could put up similar stats if he played the minutes. He's only one inch shorter but he's more muscular and heavier.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
the opening week of NBA FA has made robin lopez's deal look like a steal. If he were a FA he'd have gotten Noah money if not more