It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rondo-Wade-Butler
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
long time guy wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I'd rather watch that than see Mirotic attempt to be the 6'10 bearded Steph Curry. Dunleavy and that windburn defense of his. Calderon and his equally bad defense. These two guys were going to start for the Bulls. I repeat Start. Dunleavy won't get off the bench for Cleveland.

Exactly my point. That first scenario you posed would have qualifed them for a decent lottery pick and a chance at relevance, instead we are just pushing back the GarPax death spiral as we battle for the 8th seed in a hope that Bulls fans will want to see Wade and keep the sellout streak alive. This team is going to be miserable to watch and the locker room drama that will come from having Rondo and Wade here will make you long for the days of Reggie Rose and the sweet release of death.

The draft is too much of a crap shoot. Way too hit or miss. Every other year the draft is weak as hell. One and dones are killing it. Once they decided to keep Butler then they have to try and be competitive. Keeping him necessitated this. If they wanted to go rebuild then you have to deal him and try and get the 1st or 2nd pick. A series of bottom half lottery picks makes you the Utah Jazz.

Should have traded Butler too then. This is madness.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
There is a "feeling" in the media that Wade will try to persuade LeBron to come with him to Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:52 pm 

LeBron probably told Cleveland's management to take Dunleavy's contract so that Wade could sign with the Bulls. Not really out of the question when you think about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
So as LTG will tell you I have few and bad NBA posts but... If you have Rondo 1, Wade 2 and Butler 3 that is not the worst in the NBA as long as Wade's knees don't fall off. Who is 4? And the guy from the Knicks starts at 5. Need some filler but they should be a 500 team correct?

Now I know it is better to win 50 or 20 or less and the middle is a waste. But are they much worse than last year really?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
pittmike wrote:
So as LTG will tell you I have few and bad NBA posts but... If you have Rondo 1, Wade 2 and Butler 3 that is not the worst in the NBA as long as Wade's knees don't fall off. Who is 4? And the guy from the Knicks starts at 5. Need some filler but they should be a 500 team correct?

Now I know it is better to win 50 or 20 or less and the middle is a waste. But are they much worse than last year really?

Taj and Niko are going to be the 4. They aren't much worse than last year about the same if not slightly better if Lopez can stay healthier than Noah but that's still only like a 7 seed in the East and a first round exit. They are going to be a bad team. And when everyone inevitably gets hurt they are going to be painful to watch. This is what GarPax thinks getting younger and more athletic looks like. Hopefully Denzel Valentine's knees are OK and he can play a bit.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

Last edited by Phil McCracken on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
pittmike wrote:

Yes they are. This is gonna be worse by far. OMG. Bulls really are in basketball hell. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:

If the younger talent develops I would argue that the Bulls are much better. They have an actual closer now. Not any of this pretend shit.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Phil McCracken wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Taj and Niko are going to be the 4. They aren't much worse than last year about the same if not slightly better if Lopez can stay healthier than Noah but that's still only like a 7 seed in the East and a first round exit. They are going to be a bad team. And when everyone inevitably gets hurt they are going to be painful to watch. This is what GarPax thinks getting younger and more athletic looks like. Hopefully Denzel Valentine's knees are OK and he can play a bit.

There was a report a week ago that suggested they want to try McDermott as a stretch 4. I hope they go through with it as I cannot wait to see him trying to defend at that position.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I can just see the Bulls hiring Kirk Hinrich as a team assistant, so he and Dwayne Wade can catch up on old times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
pittmike wrote:

I think that's the "problem" with the game. If they win 55 and make the playoffs, I still don't care because they don't have a shot of being champions. If they win 35 and don't make the playoffs, I don't care because they don't have a good draft pick. Undoubtedly the TV market flocks to watch the Miami Heat/Golden State superpower teams, so maybe that makes enough money for the league to stay viable, but to me, the NFL had this figured out correctly. Any NFL team can win three years from now, literally any team (except Cleveland.) To me, that is more interesting than dynasties. And you can still have NFL dynasties like the Patriots, even though they didn't win 7 championships in a row.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Wade could've gone to a lot of teams. I don't think he'd have picked the Bulls if he didn't think they'd at least have a chance to make the conference finals in the East.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
This seems to fit the Hoiberg mantra perfectly. Young, dynamic shooters. Kudos. You're gonna like this team.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hussra wrote:
Wade could've gone to a lot of teams.

Wasn't it just the Heat, the Bulls and the Nuggets?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Wade could've gone to a lot of teams.

Wasn't it just the Heat, the Bulls and the Nuggets?

Correct. Otherwise known as "the only suckers willing to pay this old fuck."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I thought Wade was talking to the Bucks/Cavs/Knicks too. Image

Regardless, good move to stay in the East.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Phil is back. Rejoice o ye citizens of CF!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Goff was finally right.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:38 am 

At least we know free agents will sign here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hussra wrote:
Wade could've gone to a lot of teams. I don't think he'd have picked the Bulls if he didn't think they'd at least have a chance to make the conference finals in the East.

Mully(his fill in this morning) and Hanley were talking about someone talking to Wade about how he took a pay cut to have players like Udanis Haslem(sp?) signing with the Heat. And how he took like $6mill less for this, and the Heat owed him. The guy said said he talked to Wade on the record, and was went more in depth off the record. It pretty much sounded about money. So, if this is the case, I doubt he really cares about a championship unless he thinks Lebron is gonna come here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Will he go into the HOF in a Heat or Bulls uni

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
The Bulls medical staff is going to finish Wade's career.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Double

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Unless they were prepared to flat out tank, and they weren't, what is the harm? They could go to conference finals in the East by default. It's a good pr move at the least, and it's interesting.

76ers have been tanking for years, and how is that working for them?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Unless they were prepared to flat out tank, and they weren't, what is the harm? They could go to conference finals in the East by default. It's a good pr move at the least, and it's interesting.

Rondo, Wade, and Butler don't/can't run Fred's O? Someone is going to leave, probably the coach but Jerry doesn't like to pay off coaches.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:30 am 

Agreed and I'm for tanking if you are going to go all out. It's not an exact science though. The Bulls went all out tank in 98 and it took 13 years before that could be considered contenders. They also happened to luck into the No.1 draft pick. They also had a team in place that had made it to the playoffs. They also won the lottery in a year where there was a good No. 1 pick. They also made the right pick. Tanking in of itself is not a panacea.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 am 

They could go to conference finals in the East by default.

What? No they won't.

This team will be lucky to win a first round series, and I seriously think it will be a complete disaster and they will miss the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:41 am 

Douchebag wrote:

What? No they won't.

This team will be lucky to win a first round series, and I seriously think it will be a complete disaster and they will miss the playoffs.

How would not acquiring Rondo and Wade have benefitted the Bulls? How would Calderon and Dunleavy starting been good for the Bulls? Would that scenario have been less of a disaster?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:45 am 

long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

What? No they won't.

How would not acquiring Rondo and Wade have benefitted the Bulls? How would Calderon and Dunleavy starting been good for the Bulls? Would that scenario have been less of a disaster?

They are going to suck either way.

Rondo played on super team last year with one of the best big men in the game, and your boy Rudy Gay, and they didn't come close to sniffing the playoffs. This Bulls roster is even worse than that. They might possibly sneak into the playoffs, but they sure as shit aren't winning a playoff series. I called them missing the playoffs last year, and I was laughed at here. I'm comfortable making the same call again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

What? No they won't.

Put down your controller and turn off your PS3.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next