It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I can't argue with anyone putting Butler in the top 10 for this season. I would probably have him in my top 15. Wade has definitely helped him take his game to another level.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Nas wrote:
I can't argue with anyone putting Butler in the top 10 for this season. I would probably have him in my top 15. Wade has definitely helped him take his game to another level.

Well...what else do you think we'd be talking about besides current Top 10?

You're correct in that Jimmy Butler would not be in my 2013-2014 Top 10 NBA Players.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well...what else do you think we'd be talking about besides current Top 10?

You're correct in that Jimmy Butler would not be in my 2013-2014 Top 10 NBA Players.

I mean there are other players I would rather have BUT his performance in the first month has been great.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Win shares this year:

1. Chris Paul • LAC 3.5
2. James Harden • HOU 3.3
3. Jimmy Butler • CHI 3.1
4. Kevin Durant • GSW 3.0
5. Blake Griffin • LAC 2.9
6. Russell Westbrook • OKC 2.6
7. Kawhi Leonard • SAS 2.5
8. Anthony Davis • NOP 2.4
9. Stephen Curry • GSW 2.2
10. Isaiah Thomas • BOS 2.2

PER this year:

Player Efficiency Rating
1. Russell Westbrook • OKC 31.4
2. Anthony Davis • NOP 31.1
3. James Harden • HOU 30.7
4. Chris Paul • LAC 30.3
5. Kevin Durant • GSW 30.2
6. Jimmy Butler • CHI 28.4
7. Kawhi Leonard • SAS 28.0
8. DeMarcus Cousins • SAC 27.2
9. DeMar DeRozan • TOR 27.0
10. Kemba Walker • CHO 26.4

There are a lot of things stats wont show or tell you in basketball vs other sports, but it's going to be very hard to argue Butler ISN'T a top 10 player this year, at least so far.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:06 pm 

Just wanted to stop in and point out that Jimmy Butler has more AS votes than Demarcus Cousins, Carmelo Anthony, John Wall, Kyle Lowry, Jabari Parker, Paul George and possibly a billion other NBA players.

Then again, Klay Thompson somehow has 555,000 votes so now I remember that the AS means nothing.

But fuck Cousins and Carmelo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
He's not top 10 in NBA2k17, so no.

He was also the 9th man on an Olympic team in which it seemed at least 15 guys declined to play.

LTG, I often want to defend you against the masses but then you choose the most ridiculous (and inconsistent) basis for comparison. In the past you were obsessed with starting. More recently you skewed data by comparing career numbers to a current player argument. Now it's ranking the Olympic team? Very weak.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:09 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

He was also the 9th man on an Olympic team in which it seemed at least 15 guys declined to play.

LTG, I often want to defend you against the masses but then you choose the most ridiculous (and inconsistent) basis for comparison. In the past you were obsessed with starting. More recently you skewed data by comparing career numbers to a current player argument. Now it's ranking the Olympic team? Very weak.

Starting matters that's why. The better players overwhelmingly are your starting players.

In terms of the Josh Smith Taj argument Josh Smith was better at the time and that was even after he was waived. He had a much better year with Houston than Taj had with the Bulls. Also helped Houston win a playoff series at the time.

When it became obvious that he was still the better player the "masses" majestically became disinterested in furthering the debate. That Taj is better now matters not to me because I'm not really arguing that now. At the time I made the statement Josh Smith was the better. Careers matter too. Many GMs have made fools of themselves by doing snapshot evaluations of players.

As far as Olympic teams go that is relevant too. How can anyone make the argument that he is a top 5 guy if he is one the last guys to get in on a team missing a number of top NBA guys?

On what basis does anyone have to place in the top 10 other than homerism? Butler is a good player. He isn't a great player. Butler also has never been All NBA either but let's not let that fact get in the way of pro Chicago bias.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Starting matters that's why. The better players overwhelmingly are your starting players.

In terms of the Josh Smith Taj argument Josh Smith was better at the time and that was even after he was waived. He had a much better year with Houston than Taj had with the Bulls. Also helped Houston win a playoff series at the time.

When it became obvious that he was still the better player the "masses" majestically became disinterested in furthering the debate. That Taj is better now matters not to me because I'm not really arguing that now. At the time I made the statement Josh Smith was the better. Careers matter too. Many GMs have made fools of themselves by doing snapshot evaluations of players.

As far as Olympic teams go that is relevant too. How can anyone make the argument that he is a top 5 guy if he is one the last guys to get in on a team missing a number of top NBA guys?

On what basis does anyone have to place in the top 10 other than homerism? Butler is a good player. He isn't a great player. Butler also has never been All NBA either but let's not let that fact get in the way of pro Chicago bias.

All NBA Defensive team the last 3 years

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:08 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

So is Deandre Jordan. Are you placing him in your top 10 also?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:49 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

So is Deandre Jordan. Are you placing him in your top 10 also?

Maybe if he was in the Top 10 in scoring not top 91st

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:15 pm 

ESPN.com

Quote:
15. Chicago Bulls
2016-17 record: 21-21
Previous ranking: 16

Interesting video submission last week from our own Tom Haberstroh, who did the math and found that the Bulls have played (yikes) at the level of a 10-72 team when Jimmy Butler is off the floor. Haberstroh's research only reinforces how good we feel about referring to Butler as a must-choice as an East starter for players and media members before All-Star balloting closes Monday night. Dwyane Wade, meanwhile, celebrated his 35th birthday early by scoring 17 points in the fourth quarter to seal a win over New Orleans and ease the sting of that 18-point lead squandered just days earlier in a loss at Washington. The outburst accounted for D-Wade's best quarter since a 19-point effort for Miami nearly two years ago (March 29, 2015).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:54 pm 

Anyone know who has those most game winning shots?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:02 pm 

Jimmy Butler All Mutha fuckin Star

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:08 pm 

Jimmy Butler All Mutha fuckin Star

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Anyone know who has those most game winning shots?

Hawk wrote:
Yaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:27 pm 

Game recognize game.

Dwyane Wade wrote:
... One of the main reasons I'm here is Jimmy. He's the one who called me and got me to come here. So that's a big part of my decision and everything else, is what Jimmy's doing, what his future looks like and all that. And I've made it very clear. So I have no idea from that standpoint. You just have to wait and see and then see what works out."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:49 pm 

IMU wrote:
Game recognize game.

Dwyane Wade wrote:
... One of the main reasons I'm here is Jimmy. He's the one who called me and got me to come here. So that's a big part of my decision and everything else, is what Jimmy's doing, what his future looks like and all that. And I've made it very clear. So I have no idea from that standpoint. You just have to wait and see and then see what works out."

Maybe GarPax could put a package deal together then.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:51 am 

I will never understand how you would want Gar and Pax to do anything for this organization except leave it.

They are failed executives.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:41 pm 

IMU wrote:
I will never understand how you would want Gar and Pax to do anything for this organization except leave it.

I want them to leave but not before they trade Butler. Seriously though they have to go. I'm not sold on Paxson as the guy to orchestrate the rebuild.

I'm actually not against keeping Butler if he can accept a No.2 or No.3 role. I don't think he can though. That is why I think they should move him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

I want them to leave but not before they trade Butler. Seriously though they have to go. I'm not sold on Paxson as the guy to orchestrate the rebuild.

I'm actually not against keeping Butler if he can accept a No.2 or No.3 role. I don't think he can though. That is why I think they should move him.

You cannot trust those two to make the best moves for the organization.

Butler is a #1. There are less than 10 players in the NBA better than him. What are the chances two of them are on the same team as Butler?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:19 pm 

Butler deserves better. Fuck this team. I hope he gets to go somewhere else where the organization doesn't set him up to fail. And i can finally ignore this abortion of a franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:33 pm 

:lol: @ Butler being called a #3. Yeah, I guess if your team is even more stacked than Golden States that could happen.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 am 

FavreFan wrote:
:lol: @ Butler being called a #3. Yeah, I guess if your team is even more stacked than Golden States that could happen.

He'd be a #3 on the Clippers and Cleveland too. Possibly San Antonio also.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:42 pm 

Couldn't stop thinking that Jimmy Butler sure did look like he's better than Boogie Cousins as I watched the game tonight. Sure was wrong about that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:45 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

This is wrong. Golden State is the only team in the league that qualifies.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No it isn't. He isn't better than Kyrie Irving. Nor is he better than Blake Griffin.

Jimmy Butler has never made an All NBA team.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No it isn't. He isn't better than Kyrie Irving. Nor is he better than Blake Griffin.

He's better than both those guys and will finish higher in MVP voting and higher on the All NBA teams than they will

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He's better than both those guys and will finish higher in MVP voting and higher on the All NBA teams than they will

If Cleveland offered Irving for Butler the Bulls make that deal in a heartbeat.

The only people that think he is better than either of them are people that subscribe to this message board. Griffin is hurt.

He won't finish higher in NBA voting than Irving either.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:04 am 

I don't care what the Bulls front office would do. They also traded Tyrus Thomas for Aldridge straight up. They also benched one of their big FA signings a month into the season and seem hell bent on trading their best player for scraps, drawing ire from their other big FA signing. It's pretty clear they don't have a clue what the fuck they are currently doing, and I've historically defended Paxson on this board.

We can bump this in April to see who's right about the NBA thing, barring major injury to either player. I'm pretty confident.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:08 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I don't care what the Bulls front office would do. They also traded Tyrus Thomas for Aldridge straight up. They also benched one of their big FA signings a month into the season and seem hell bent on trading their best player for scraps, drawing ire from their other big FA signing. It's pretty clear they don't have a clue what the fuck they are currently doing, and I've historically defended Paxson on this board.

We can bump this in April to see who's right about the NBA thing, barring major injury to either player. I'm pretty confident.

There arent any GMS that would take Butler over Irving. I'm confident about that. We can revisit this in April you're right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next