It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
If I may contribute to the thread, I will say that I just hate Jimmy Butler. There's something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
DeMarcus Cousins' isoball on the last Kings' play of the game did a lot to make Jimmy Butler look very good.
leashyourkids wrote:
If I may contribute to the thread, I will say that I just hate Jimmy Butler. There's something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

Is it the black part?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Other than Lebron what player would make Da Bulls better than a 22-23 team????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:50 am 

IMU wrote:
DeMarcus Cousins' isoball on the last Kings' play of the game did a lot to make Jimmy Butler look very good.
leashyourkids wrote:

Is it the black part?

Butler's isoball prior to that had Stacey "Sky" King complaining again.

Cousins isoball had both Funk and Sky simply yelling "wow". They wouldn't dare say that about the pedestrian one on one play of a Jimmy G. Buckets. The "G" stands for Garbage!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:47 pm 

While I disagree with the final results (age seems to be a big factor on a lot of these, except when it isn't), at least the world recognizes you'd rather have Butler over Cousins.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/ ... -right-now

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:30 pm 

IMU wrote:
While I disagree with the final results (age seems to be a big factor on a lot of these, except when it isn't), at least the world recognizes you'd rather have Butler over Cousins.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/ ... -right-now

These things are often nothing more than popularity polls. They have nothing to do with playing ability. The same people would have taken Deng over Melo in their collective primes for the same reasons. Or Michael Carter over Derrick Rose for that matter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:34 pm 

No one would ever take Carmelo Anthony when starting a franchise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:53 pm 

IMU wrote:
No one would ever take Carmelo Anthony when starting a franchise.

Carmelo Anthony will be in the Hall of Fame. Jimmy Butler will not.

Hall of Fame guys tend to be the ones you build franchises around.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:32 pm 

Dennis Rodman is in the Hall of Fame. i wouldn't have built my franchise around him either.

Don't be too sure about Jimmy Butler. His career trajectory suggests you may be wrong.

Last edited by IMU on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yeah, when you talk about exclusive clubs the basketball hall of fame isn't one of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:51 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Yeah, when you talk about exclusive clubs the basketball hall of fame isn't one of them.

Butler won't be in it though. Can't be all that inclusive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Hell of a better chance than Hoiberg though, as a player or coach. Hoiberg won't even be let in to wipe Butler's bust.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
veganfan21 wrote:
Hoiberg won't even be let in to wipe Butler's bust.

will Jimmy be the first player to attempt to be in the HoF as both a man and a woman ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Will Rose be in?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:09 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Will Rose be in?

Nope. Injuries killed that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:24 pm 

See? No worries. Still a Top 10 NBA player, and great teammate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:00 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't care what the Bulls front office would do. They also traded Tyrus Thomas for Aldridge straight up. They also benched one of their big FA signings a month into the season and seem hell bent on trading their best player for scraps, drawing ire from their other big FA signing. It's pretty clear they don't have a clue what the fuck they are currently doing, and I've historically defended Paxson on this board.

We can bump this in April to see who's right about the NBA thing, barring major injury to either player. I'm pretty confident.

There arent any GMS that would take Butler over Irving. I'm confident about that. We can revisit this in April you're right.

The Wizards,Clippers, OKC come on man

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:09 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't care what the Bulls front office would do. They also traded Tyrus Thomas for Aldridge straight up. They also benched one of their big FA signings a month into the season and seem hell bent on trading their best player for scraps, drawing ire from their other big FA signing. It's pretty clear they don't have a clue what the fuck they are currently doing, and I've historically defended Paxson on this board.

We can bump this in April to see who's right about the NBA thing, barring major injury to either player. I'm pretty confident.

There arent any GMS that would take Butler over Irving. I'm confident about that. We can revisit this in April you're right.

I'm hip to your angle with this

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm hip to your angle with this

It's valid

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:03 pm 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2690 ... g-national

Only LeBron makes more plays at SF than Butler.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:12 pm 

IMU wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2690988-nba-metrics-101-the-best-playmakers-in-the-nba-according-to-the-numbers?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Only LeBron makes more plays at SF than Butler.

Any Stat that has Rubio near the top is a ludicrous stat. Bleacher Report is also pretty weak as a source.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:26 pm 

And yet you cite Sam Smith, a writer employed by Jerry Reinsdorf, and expect him to be impartial?

Regardless, whether it is your opinion on Bleacher Report or the NBA in general, you seem stuck in 2012.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:21 pm 

IMU wrote:
And yet you cite Sam Smith, a writer employed by Jerry Reinsdorf, and expect him to be impartial?

Regardless, whether it is your opinion on Bleacher Report or the NBA in general, you seem stuck in 2012.

You cite a stat that has Ricky Rubio listed near the top and expect someone to take it seriously. Sam Smith is in the basketball Hall of Fame. The goof that came up with that stupid stat isn't. Butler is having a better than career output year but you know what? so are other players. Isaiah Thomas is having a better season than Butler and he isn't top ten either. John Wall is also having a better year and he isn't a top ten guy either. These fly by night observations of everything sports is part of the reason that you get this stuff wrong. Top ten season doesn't make a guy a top ten player. Once he falls off (which could still be this season) then the goal post will be moved. It will be he played like a top ten player for half a season

It is why guys like Lance are so laughable. He was that guy a few years ago. Not top ten but definitely a number 2 guy on a good team. 2 years later he is on his way out the damn league. You can't make observavtions based on that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Butler has improved every year he's been in the league and is clearly playing at a top 10 level currently. Lance Stephenson is a terrible analog for him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Butler has improved every year he's been in the league and is clearly playing at a top 10 level currently. Lance Stephenson is a terrible analog for him.

The same analogy could be used for Isaiah Thomas and he isn't top ten either. John Wall is having a better year than Butler and has had a better career too and he isn't top ten either.

If I can name 10 guys that are universally accepted as better players then he isn't top ten. Never been all NBA either. Neither 1st 2nd or 3rd but he is top ten. He should be All NBA this season so that helps his cause but he isn't regarded as a top ten player by anyone accept people that subscribe to this board.

He definitely isn't a better player than Cousins.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:11 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The same analogy could be used for Isaiah Thomas and he isn't top ten either. John Wall is having a better year than Butler and has had a better career too and he isn't top ten either.

If I can name 10 guys that are universally accepted as better players then he isn't top ten. Never been all NBA either. Neither 1st 2nd or 3rd but he is top ten. He should be All NBA this season so that helps his cause but he isn't regarded as a top ten player by anyone accept people that subscribe to this board.

of the crop of shit talent in the league there isn't a "Top Ten"

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Most people would agree he's a top 10 player. You're one of the only ones who doesn't think he is. Cousins is great, probably right around the same level as Butler.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Most people would agree he's a top 10 player. You're one of the only ones who doesn't think he is. Cousins is great, probably right around the same level as Butler.

You are being presumptuous with that. Also you have been a supreme disser of Melo. Let's compare the two careers. Melo led his team to a 20 win improvement as a 19 year old rookie. Also was the best player on a playoff team the first 9 years of his career. Mind you he was in a conference much tougher than what Butier is in now.

In the 2 yrs that Butler has been the undisputed guy on the Bulls they have only been a .500 team.

I don't base everything solely on winning because obviously Cousins hasn't done jack shit either. Cousins hasn't had the supporting cast that Butler has enjoyed either. Bulls talent is better than what Sacramento puts out.

If you match them up solely on ability Cousins kills him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Doesn't there have to be a special NBA expert that everyone can agree on to settle this? There must exist an authority that is most respected that has a top ten list that most accept. Please spare us this continuing ridiculousness.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:59 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Doesn't there have to be a special NBA expert that everyone can agree on to settle this? There must exist an authority that is most respected that has a top ten list that most accept. Please spare us this continuing ridiculousness.

You've been spared. Feel free to contribute at anytime. I never interfere in the endless Cubs/Sox bullshit (soon to start by the way) and I never hear you complain about those disputes. Your disinterest doesn't necessarily constitute "ridiculousness" either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next