It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:02 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Bomani Jones told a story on his radio show the other day about Bill Plaschke covering an Iowa State game in the NCAA tournament and saying he'd never seen a college coach less respected by his own team than Gar's guy.

This is getting ridiculous. Now he's the worst coach college or otherwise.

Agreed. I guess they must have missed the fact that Iowa State was garbage before he got there. He made them relevant in a short amount of time too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Bomani Jones told a story on his radio show the other day about Bill Plaschke covering an Iowa State game in the NCAA tournament and saying he'd never seen a college coach less respected by his own team than Gar's guy.

This is getting ridiculous. Now he's the worst coach college or otherwise.

Agreed. I guess they must have missed the fact that Iowa State was garbage before he got there. He made them relevant in a short amount of time too.
He did a pretty decent job but not enough to make him a must have NBA coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bulls are fucked if the next Phil Jackson comes from Iowa St. Zero chance they ever hire a head coach from lipid's shit program again.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bulls are fucked if the next Phil Jackson comes from Iowa St. Zero chance they ever hire a head coach from lipid's shit program again.

The first Phil Jackson came to Chicago by way of the Albany Patroons.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
The way he speaks just seems so......odd

It's not like it's unusual for a coach to just spit out cliches and coach-speak, but there's something about Hoiberg

i'm sure in film sessions everyone just puts their head down and goes to sleep

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Bagels wrote:
The way he speaks just seems so......odd

It's not like it's unusual for a coach to just spit out cliches and coach-speak, but there's something about Hoiberg

i'm sure in film sessions everyone just puts their head down and goes to sleep

That's been reported on, especially the part about clichés. Dumbass thinks it's the 1980s where you can just say shit and not have it microanalyzed 24/7 within one second of uttering it like stuff is today.

Incompetent little bitch better hope he's not too rusty with his dance moves. Dancing is his only viable career path if/when Gar ever gets fired.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The fact that he's GarPax's hand-picked coach and that they themselves just received a vote of confidence from Mr Reinsdorf says it all about the direction of this franchise.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:15 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
says it all about the direction of this franchise.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:
Bulls are fucked

You can cut that off right there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:22 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
So yes, the frustration from Grant and other players such as Dwyane Wade and Jimmy Butler on the inconsistent rotations is palpable.

After being placed on the inactive list for the first time in his career, Nikola Mirotic responded by throwing it right back in Hoiberg’s face. Monday night Mirotic came off the bench to score 24 points, including 5-12 from three with 11 boards.

Meanwhile, Monday was also the first time in the last 18 games that Paul Zipser was dressed for (he missed seven straight with an ankle injury), that he received a DNP-CD. As we can see, it’s not just the point guards who are experiencing confusion when it comes to Fred’s decision-making.

Hoiberg has every right to make rotation adjustments as he sees fit. However, doing so as frequently, and dramatically as he’s done can have a significantly negative impact on player’s psyche and player-coach trust. When you have players that don’t know if they are going to start or play on a night-to-night basis, that eventually becomes a huge mental hurdle to overcome. Every missed shot, every bad pass, every missed rotation on defense becomes magnified; players begin looking over their shoulders after every mistake. And that’s not how the game should be, yet this appears to be the way it’s trending for the Bulls under Hoiberg.

Coaches aren’t going to get a perfect roster. Part of being a good coach is finding out what your player’s strengths are, and how you can place them in a position to maximize those strengths and be successful. All you have to do is look down in South Beach to find a prime example of that.

http://www.blogabull.com/2017/3/14/1491 ... g-is-doing

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:12 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Quote:
So yes, the frustration from Grant and other players such as Dwyane Wade and Jimmy Butler on the inconsistent rotations is palpable.

After being placed on the inactive list for the first time in his career, Nikola Mirotic responded by throwing it right back in Hoiberg’s face. Monday night Mirotic came off the bench to score 24 points, including 5-12 from three with 11 boards.

Meanwhile, Monday was also the first time in the last 18 games that Paul Zipser was dressed for (he missed seven straight with an ankle injury), that he received a DNP-CD. As we can see, it’s not just the point guards who are experiencing confusion when it comes to Fred’s decision-making.

Hoiberg has every right to make rotation adjustments as he sees fit. However, doing so as frequently, and dramatically as he’s done can have a significantly negative impact on player’s psyche and player-coach trust. When you have players that don’t know if they are going to start or play on a night-to-night basis, that eventually becomes a huge mental hurdle to overcome. Every missed shot, every bad pass, every missed rotation on defense becomes magnified; players begin looking over their shoulders after every mistake. And that’s not how the game should be, yet this appears to be the way it’s trending for the Bulls under Hoiberg.

Coaches aren’t going to get a perfect roster. Part of being a good coach is finding out what your player’s strengths are, and how you can place them in a position to maximize those strengths and be successful. All you have to do is look down in South Beach to find a prime example of that.

http://www.blogabull.com/2017/3/14/1491 ... g-is-doing

:lol:
Your source for credible Bulls buckets info is blog a bull? Now that is just plain weak.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:28 pm 

I wouldn't call them my "source," plus you're missing the point: the article is referencing direct quotes from the players, so it's not made up bullshit or speculation masquerading as analysis. When multiple players independently confirm that Hoiberg sucks as a communicator and leader then you know shit is real.

Well, most people would know that, but maybe not you. The majority of my anti-Hoiberg stuff is based on what his own players have said about him, including Noah, Rose, Gibson, Butler, Wade, Rondo and, most recently, Grant and Mirotic. That is damning evidence, and it's something you've tuned out and dismissed until only recently. This has been going on for both seasons and should have been easy to spot from a mile away. Instead you've bizarrely chosen to focus on Taj Gibson ( :lol: ) and Jimmy Butler, the best player on the team ( :lol:), instead of joining the chorus of voices on the board who correctly identified Hoiberg as inept, soft, and unfit for the role, and a major factor in the Bulls' lack of competitiveness and professionalism across the board.

Not only did you refuse to see Hoiberg for what he is, you even went as far as bashing Thibs' record with the Bulls ( :lol: ) and implied Hoiberg was either better or could do better or whatever. You've been wrong on so many fronts this season and it's kind of amusing to see you slowly trying to walk back some of your earlier predictions and insert yourself as an anti-Hoiberg guy when you were the opposite for the better part of the past two years. And to think a large part of your soft stance on Hoiberg was motivated by your anti-Thibs bias, and look where that got you. :lol: Anyway, welcome to the club and I hope the crow tastes just fine.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:41 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I wouldn't call them my "source," plus you're missing the point: the article is referencing direct quotes from the players, so it's not made up bullshit or speculation masquerading as analysis. When multiple players independently confirm that Hoiberg sucks as a communicator and leader then you know shit is real.

Well, most people would know that, but maybe not you. The majority of my anti-Hoiberg stuff is based on what his own players have said about him, including Noah, Rose, Gibson, Butler, Wade, Rondo and, most recently, Grant and Mirotic. That is damning evidence, and it's something you've tuned out and dismissed until only recently. This has been going on for both seasons and should have been easy to spot from a mile away. Instead you've bizarrely chosen to focus on Taj Gibson ( :lol: ) and Jimmy Butler, the best player on the team ( :lol:), instead of joining the chorus of voices on the board who correctly identified Hoiberg as inept, soft, and unfit for the role, and a major factor in the Bulls' lack of competitiveness and professionalism across the board.

Not only did you refuse to see Hoiberg for what he is, you even went as far as bashing Thibs' record with the Bulls ( :lol: ) and implied Hoiberg was either better or could do better or whatever. You've been wrong on so many fronts this season and it's kind of amusing to see you slowly trying to walk back some of your earlier predictions and insert yourself as an anti-Hoiberg guy when you were the opposite for the better part of the past two years. And to think a large part of your soft stance on Hoiberg was motivated by your anti-Thibs bias, and look where that got you. :lol: Anyway, welcome to the club and I hope the crow tastes just fine.

What credibility does a Niko Mirotic or Jerian Grant have other than with you.

I don't recall Rose ever really dissing him. Nor has Rondo. Rondo actually defended him against Wade and Butler earlier in the season. I chose not to cite it because it would have been ignored.

You don't have much credibility in the area of Thibs either since you called for his firing shortly after the Cleveland series.

I've been wrong about what exactly? The Bulls when it is all said an done will end up with .500 record.

We are celebrating a team that is currently 10 games under .500 with a roster that everyone agrees is more talented than the Bulls.

All the handwringing over Hoibergs coaching doesn't mask the fact that the same people hated the roster during the summer too.

It's funny to hear guys bash him as if they really expected them to do anything anyway. Remember all the worst 3 point shooting in the league talk? I do. What about the what the hell are they doing by signing Rondo and Wade?hell we'd rather have Calderón and Dunleavy.

This team's problems go well past Hoiberg. He needs to go and so does just about everyone else on the roster.

My Butler critique is also right on the money too. Funny how Sky King was talking about how the Ball needs to be out of his hands just last night.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:55 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

A bunch of guys playing poorly and currently looking for an excuse. When the guy uses Mirotic as an example of a guy wondering why he was benched then you know he is leaking. Niko Mirotic? Jerian Grant? Paul Zipser?

I have a problem with his rotations but that isn't the reason that they are playing poorly. Jalen Rose called it Sunday. This isn't a good roster. They also have a franchise player that really isnt. Butler being the best player and Butler being a superstar are two separate things. I make the distinction you don't. The guy is also celebrating Miami''s success? They have the same record essentially as the Bulls and everyone hates them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:53 am 

ESPN Ranks Fred Hoiberg as worst coach in the NBA

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1902 ... tings-1-30

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
veganfan21 wrote:

Just saw this... LTG telling everyone at ESPN that he's better than Thibs

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:49 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Thibs was rated 13th on the list. Long way from 2nd. This list strongly suggests that Thibs and Hoiberg aren't very good coaches. Why is the action in the Timberwolves section so light these days? Surely a message board big shooter such as yourself can provide an explanation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Thibs was rated 13th on the list. Long way from 2nd. This list strongly suggests that Thibs and Hoiberg aren't very good coaches.

13th puts him in the upper half of the league :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Thibs was rated 13th on the list. Long way from 2nd. This list strongly suggests that Thibs and Hoiberg aren't very good coaches. Why is the action in the Timberwolves section so light these days? Surely a message board big shooter such as yourself can provide an explanation.

The T-Wolves are not making the playoffs......Being a Big Shooter......listen up boy 13th is closer to 2 than 30th

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:50 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The T-Wolves are not making the playoffs......Being a Big Shooter......listen up boy 13th is closer to 2 than 30th

So essentially the argument is moot anyway. Neither Hoiberg nor Thibs is elite. Hoiberg has demonstrated that he is a bottom five-ten coach. I'm not going to fight that fight any longer. He isn't the worst coach. That is dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:01 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

So essentially the argument is moot anyway. Neither Hoiberg nor Thibs is elite. Hoiberg has demonstrated that he is a bottom five-ten coach. I'm not going to fight that fight any longer. He isn't the worst coach. That is dumb.

Thibs has been rightfully downgraded due to the wolves record this year. The fact that he is ranked higher than coaches with better records speaks volumes about how esteemed he is by NBA observers. Those same observers gave no respect to Hoiberg, and rightfully so. The only way Hoiberg and Thibs belong in the same breath is if the sentence has something to do with Hoiberg shining Thibs' shoes.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I heard on Silvy that the ownership, front office and coaches were given a score and tallied up. The Bulls finished 28th :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:06 am 

312player wrote:
I heard on Silvy that the ownership, front office and coaches were given a score and tallied up. The Bulls finished 28th :lol:

i heard that same thing from the post like 2 posts up from yours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:09 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Thibs has been rightfully downgraded due to the wolves record this year. The fact that he is ranked higher than coaches with better records speaks volumes about how esteemed he is by NBA observers. Those same observers gave no respect to Hoiberg, and rightfully so. The only way Hoiberg and Thibs belong in the same breath is if the sentence has something to do with Hoiberg shining Thibs' shoes.

Thibs will be lower next season and when it is all said and done Hoiberg has done a better job this season. You liked the Wolves roster and coach before the season and the Bulls have 6 more wins.

Either the Bulls talent is better or their coaching is better. You believed the Wolves were better in both areas before the season began.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7