It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
IMU wrote:
I may be wrong about Islam. Vegan is terrorizing the hell out of long time guy right now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
LTG is all right, he just holds a wide range of contradictory positions on the same issue sometimes.

I merely demonstrate an evolution that is unbeknownst to other members of this board.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I am biased toward good players and front offices, yes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
http://deadspin.com/the-bulls-tried-cle ... 1791705843

Quote:
The Chicago Bulls attempted to halt their public meltdown on Friday and get their season back on track, but from the comments of all those involved, it doesn’t seem like it will be quite so easy.

After Wednesday night’s loss to the Hawks, Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade both criticized the effort level of their teammates, while yesterday Rajon Rondo unfavorably compared Butler and Wade as leaders to former teammates Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce on Instagram.

In an effort to clear everything up, Bulls GM Gar Forman—who seems to loathe talking to the media and usually stays in the shadows—spoke with reporters at practice today. He said that Wade, Butler, and Rondo’s public comments were “unacceptable,” and reiterated that they were expected to keep such grievances behind closed doors. Forman didn’t take any questions, and Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg later ducked a question about whether Forman avoiding questions demonstrated a lack of accountability within the team.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
If that's how it went then the Bulls office should have kept quiet altogether.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:17 pm 

Forman not taking questions showcases this organization's incredible cowardice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Rondo got himself kicked off of two teams, including the most dysfunctional team in the NBA (Kings).

Why do you insist on peddling this fake news?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:21 pm 

IMU wrote:
I am biased toward good players and front offices, yes.

No you aren't. You thought Lance and MCW were good players.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Lance is a good player, and I wanted MCW to play under Thibodeau.

Hoiberg having no idea how to coach does not negatively or positively impact MCW.

Thibodeau took guys like Nate Robinson, CJ Watson, DJ Augustin, and Aaron Brooks and turned them into (mostly) smart, solid backup point guards.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 pm 

Nate Robinson was fun to watch but smart is just about the last abjective I would use to describe his game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Nate Robinson was fun to watch but smart is just about the last abjective I would use to describe his game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:44 pm 

Butler and Wade not starting tonight as punishment :lol:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:55 pm 

IMU wrote:
Lance is a good player, and I wanted MCW to play under Thibodeau.

Hoiberg having no idea how to coach does not negatively or positively impact MCW.

Thibodeau took guys like Nate Robinson, CJ Watson, DJ Augustin, and Aaron Brooks and turned them into (mostly) smart, solid backup point guards.

Jason Kidd had stopped starting MCW also. He isn't anything more than a backup. Question is out as to whether he is even a good one at that.

Lance Stephenson is garbage too. Doc Rivers stopped playing in L.A. and So did Steve Clifford.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Did Butler just tank last night to get Hoiberg fired? Was not really watching, but 3 points and a -23? That seems pretty suspicious. And he also just walked off the court, which forced Hoiberg to sub in Taj Gibson unexpectedly.

You clearly have to fire Hoiberg, but Jimmy has gone full NBA diva.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:26 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Did Butler just tank last night to get Hoiberg fired? Was not really watching, but 3 points and a -23? That seems pretty suspicious. And he also just walked off the court, which forced Hoiberg to sub in Taj Gibson unexpectedly.

You clearly have to fire Hoiberg, but Jimmy has gone full NBA diva.

He was always that. He just waited til he signed the contract to "show his ass". Called this one last season. Hoiberg isn't really equipped to handle him. The fact that GarPax have made Butler the franchise doesn't help either.

This goes back further than most people realize. The Great Sam Smith reported on all this last season. Before the start of last season the team had a team bonding retreat scheduled. Everyone showed except Butler. Completely blew it off. Didn't get much if any play at the time because all of the focus was on Rose. This motherfucker has to go in order for the Bulls to move forward.

The team doesn't like him and they didn't last season even when the roster was different.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:55 am 

So the entire humble kid who worked his way up was total bullshit? It was a good origin story. Just sad to see.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Rondo was right

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
KDdidit wrote:
Rondo was right

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ro ... olumn.html

How can the Bulls not fire John Paxson and Gar Forman after all this?
For a minute there, I was concerned that the Bulls hadn’t become the national embarrassment to which they’ve plummeted locally.

I mean, there was LeBron James going public with wanting a playmaker and there was Phil Jackson’s massive faceplant in Manhattan, so, who would notice the broken and pantsed Bulls?

Charles Barkley, that’s who.

“Only God can help that team,’’ Barkley said on TNT as the panel discussed coach Fred Footwipe and the last 24 hours of off-court stupidity, and like that, the Bulls’ coast-to-coast humiliation was complete.

Or ongoing. A once-proud championship franchise is playing pull-my-finger.

Bulls management wonks, hel-LO. It’s time for you to go. Bad basketball, bad coaching decisions, bad draft picks, bad free-agent signings, and then a bad look off the court. Yeah, it’s time for GarPax to GarPackUp. Maybe Gar Forman and John Paxson in fact were packing up Thursday because they certainly weren’t out front acting like grown-ups taking charge of this mess.

ADVERTISING

Bulls' Dwyane Wade: "I want everyone to succeed in this locker room." (K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune)
The act that clinched the Bulls stature as a national joke was Rajon Rondo ripping Dwyane Wade and Jimmy Butler a day their scripted torching of teammates.

These are the so-called “Three Alphas,’’ remember. They’re also three guys who never should’ve started the season here, but for pathetic orders from ownership or clueless decisions by management wonks, and because ownership can’t be fired, the management wonks who put together this nasty combination of bad hoops and worse humiliation must.

To recap, after the Bulls gagged a 10-point lead against the Hawks in the last three minutes Wednesday, Wade and Butler talked about teammates not caring.

Interesting so-called leadership from Wade: He hustled to call out teammates harder than he hustled back on defense at a critical moment of the Bulls’ choke job.

Then came Rondo with his incendiary Instagram post Thursday that slapped Wade and Butler for blasting teammates in the media and then saying Wade and Butler slapped the wrong people.

And of course when Rondo’s sent out his blast, he used a public method to rip Wade and Butler for using a public method to rip teammates. Hypocrisy and stupidity remain two of the Bulls’ four major food groups.

When Forman did show up Friday to address the mess, he said it was “unacceptable’’ and said the team dealt with the players. Then the players said they wouldn’t walk back their comments. Good talk.

On Friday night, with Wade and Butler on the bench to start as some sort of phony-baloney punishment, the Bulls lost to the injured and ill-equipped Heat. Butler missed 12 of his 13 shots team leader that he is. Maybe next time he can shoot the ball better than he shoots off his mouth.

After the loss, Butler could be seen chuckling through answers to the point that someone might wonder if he cared enough. Sounds like a question for Rondo.

The Bulls are cannibalizing themselves. They are hemorrhaging credibility. They’ve become a national embarrassment and a local “Kick Me’’ sign. They deserve it after management wonks and ownership showed zero vision.

Thing is, until one of the “Three Alphas’’ rips Forman for his silly coaching search and hire and rips Paxson for using Forman as a human shield during this franchise death spiral, then the “Alphas’’ are wasting their criticism.

Sure, Rondo and coach Fred Footwipe have to go. But that’s not enough. Forman, the GM as unfit for the job as the man he hired as coach, has to go, too. Ditto, Paxson. I like Paxson a lot, but sorry, I don’t see how anyone can defend keeping either management wonk in the wake of a team that has no chance to win a title and apparently no ability to act professionally off the court.

Wade and Butler have to go, too. Turn this death spiral and national humiliation into a plan, a vision, young talent and draft picks, something, anything that doesn’t require red noses.

It doesn’t matter who would be left to pull off all that right now because nobody appears to be doing anything at this point anyway.

Knock, knock, anyone home at Fort Reinsdorf? Can someone give the Chairman and his son one of those Hawk Harrelson alarm clocks?

Bulls have team meeting, try to move on from two days of bickering

Rajon Rondo rips Bulls leaders on Instagram for criticizing teammates in media

Bulls are team torn apart, no matter management's eventual spin
Copyright © 2017, Chicago Tribune
Chicago Bulls Dwyane Wade Jimmy Butler Rajon Rondo Gar Forman John Paxson Charles Barkley

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:47 am 

Did Rosie's editor not catch his 3000 usages of "wonk"?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:23 am 

Quote:
Hoiberg’s hold on the locker room is in question in his second season. An answer from the 13-year veteran Wade on Friday contributed to that uncertainty.

Wade was asked simply, how would you assess Hoiberg’s hold in the locker room right now?

“You’ve got to ask Fred that,” Wade said. “I’m not going to talk about coaches. I talk about players. It’s not my job to talk about what the coaches do. I hold my players accountable as a leader of the team. That’s a question of Fred.”

Quote:
Going hand in hand with control over a team is accountability, which Hoiberg addressed in general terms but didn’t provide any detail on.

“It’s something that we talked a lot about,” Hoiberg said. “It’s something that we’re going to continue to address, continue to get better in all areas. It starts with me. I got to get us prepared to play. I got to get us prepared to go out and play consistent basketball and then try to put a plan to get us to go out and win games and be consistent in all areas.”

What? :lol: "Continue to address" in your second year? What happened when you presumably "addressed" it last year...seems like it hasn't worked out too well. :lol: Get this clown out of here.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/01/27/ ... spotlight/

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:55 am 

So the entire humble kid who worked his way up was total bullshit? It was a good origin story. Just sad to see.

Yep. Noah realized who he was last season. So did the "great" Sam Smith. Referred to him as an "egomaniac". There is no way you keep this asshole around going forward. Clean house with all of them. Hoiberg isnt the guy to put the belt on them either. Let Jimmy Butler take his overrated (on this board anyway) as somewhere else and run his damn clearouts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Bomani Jones told a story on his radio show the other day about Bill Plaschke covering an Iowa State game in the NCAA tournament and saying he'd never seen a college coach less respected by his own team than Gar's guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:36 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Bomani Jones told a story on his radio show the other day about Bill Plaschke covering an Iowa State game in the NCAA tournament and saying he'd never seen a college coach less respected by his own team than Gar's guy.

Long Time Bernstein wrote:
Fire the players then!

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Make Rondo coach, that'll show them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
So 2 of the biggest shitshow front office/coaching staff/locker room or clubhouse dynamics can be attributed to 1 man. He is going to be 81. Its gotta happen sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:22 pm 

CHICAGO -- One of the key issues festering for the Chicago Bulls this season is that the team's younger players would like to see more of Dwyane Wade on the practice floor, veteran forward Taj Gibson acknowledged Saturday.

Gibson said the issue came up during Friday's team meeting, which was called in the wake of critical comments made by Wade and Jimmy Butler following Wednesday's loss to the Atlanta Hawks.

Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade both said they have no problem with Rajon Rondo one day after the Bulls point guard criticized the team's "veterans" in an Instagram post.

"That's one of the things in the meeting: Young guys just want a little bit more from him," Gibson said, noting that Wade practiced Saturday. "And he brung it today. He pushed the young guys. And that's a sign that that meeting did a little something.

"It's all about positive. We're not trying to have any negative aspects, anything like that. We got everybody against us right now. The only people who are going to help us out of this is ourselves. And we understand that. And [executive VP John Paxson] said it in the meeting yesterday, too."

Wade and Butler started Friday's game -- a 100-88 loss to Miami -- on the bench as punishment for their comments Wednesday.
Veteran Dwyane Wade's habit of sitting out practices to get rest has not gone over well with some of the Bulls' younger players, teammate Taj Gibson said. Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

Since training camp opened, both Wade and Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg talked about the fact that -- at 35 years old -- they would watch his minutes and practice schedule carefully. However, it came up during the hourlong meeting Friday that Wade sitting out some practices has irked players.

Rajon Rondo also made a veiled reference to Wade's practice absences in his Instagram post Thursday.

"My vets would never go to the media," Rondo said in the post. "They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off."

Rondo said Friday he got several text messages from some of his teammates after his Instagram post went up. He has been clear in his message that he was standing up for his younger teammates with what he wrote.

When asked Friday if he took Rondo's comments personally, Wade noted that both veterans have different styles of leadership.

"I could take it as a personal attack, but what's that going to do for me?" Wade said. "I'm going to come in here and fight Rajon because he said his vets practiced every day. I'm 35, I'm not practicing every day. I mean, that's very clear. Everyone has their own things. My vets did different things too. They were very successful with what they did in Boston. That's what they did."

"That's his leadership, that's his way of leading. Just like my way of leading is my way of leading. When I come out and here and tell you guys and smile and say all these positive things. That's my way of leading. When I come in and say I'm pissed off, that's my way of leading. It's not always what people want to hear. It's not always the popular thing."

Hoiberg has tried to defend his schedule for Wade, who has missed five games this season -- four because he was sitting out the second night of back-to-back games.

"As far as practice today, Wade has been practicing," Hoiberg said Saturday. "He's been practicing the last couple weeks pretty much every day that we've had off. He's been a good influence, I think, for the young guys."

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:23 pm 

Taj Gibson should have kept this in house. Guess this is another one of Hoiberg's failures. Fails in the role of handling a grown ass man.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:40 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:

This is getting ridiculous. Now he's the worst coach college or otherwise.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:11 am 

Is there a person in the world who respects Hoiberg? At this point I'm just picturing his kids waving him off when he asks them to do chores and shit.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:31 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:

I questioned why the Bulls wanted him so bad out of college. He was an above average coach there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:02 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:

Agreed. I guess they must have missed the fact that Iowa State was garbage before he got there. He made them relevant in a short amount of time too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next