It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
MANY on this board could see this happening months ago...

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=101413

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Rondo's playing chess and the Bulls are playing checkers :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
If I never hear the terms he's the man or its "his" team it will be too soon.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
KDdidit wrote:
Rondo's playing chess and the Bulls are playing checkers :lol:

YEP! He's trying to force their hand.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
KDdidit wrote:
Wade and Jimmy started it, Rondo ain't going to sit there quietly and take it once shit goes public. Ask noted impartial observer KC Johnson. Rondo's probably got the rest of the locker room behind him, he knows what he's doing unlike the idiot front office.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KCJHoop/stat ... wsrc%5Etfw

What a surprise that Company Man Scoop has a somewhat-positive spin on the player speaking out of turn whose words don't have serious negative implications of management dysfunction. Rondo's words paint a clear villain that doesn't work in the front office, the implications of what Butler and Wade said reach as far as Paxson. Go figure.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
KDdidit wrote:
Just because he's an asshole doesn't mean he's wrong.

My point was Rondo has no credibility here. That all disappeared once he got kicked off the Mavericks, a highly respected, well run organization that is intolerant of me-first egocentric has-beens like Rondo. Then he goes to the crappy Kings and is similarly dismissed from there. So now after being kicked off of two teams within the past three years, guys over here want to think he has grounds to criticize Jimmy Butler and Dwayne freaking Wade on leadership? Rondo and leadership? Naw man.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

My point was Rondo has no credibility here. That all disappeared once he got kicked off the Mavericks, a highly respected, well run organization that is intolerant of me-first egocentric has-beens like Rondo. Then he goes to the crappy Kings and is similarly dismissed from there. So now after being kicked off of two teams within the past three years, guys over here want to think he has grounds to criticize Jimmy Butler and Dwayne freaking Wade on leadership? Rondo and leadership? Naw man.

This.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

To be fair, I think word is that Jimmy is one of those popcorn-muscled, look-at-me-sweating "leaders" like Adam Eaton who goes out of his way to show others how hard he is working and "leading", despite, you know, actually doing anything really associated with leadership other than talking about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i've changed my mind now...this is entering fun bad territory
i hope this gets worse and worse. Fuck all of them

Quote:
Ugh, I hope a giant mountain rises out of the ocean and we just ram right into it and end this whole thing!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:29 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

To be fair, I think word is that Jimmy is one of those popcorn-muscled, look-at-me-sweating "leaders" like Adam Eaton who goes out of his way to show others how hard he is working and "leading", despite, you know, actually doing anything really associated with leadership other than talking about it.

To be clear, I don't think Butler is perfect as a teammate, as lyk and LTG and others have pointed out. That being said, I think the main story here is how Hoiberg has yet again allowed his locker room to spiral out of control. Did this sort of soap opera happen under Lovie? Under PJ? Under Thibs? No. That's because they know how to manage a team - Hoiberg does not. The same thing happened under Trestman. You can be as proficient as you want in terms of knowing how to play basketball, but if you can't get guys to fall in line then you're not head coaching material. Simple as that. A true HC wouldn't have allowed these things to accumulate over the course of the season, let alone not press the emergency button to squash all this drama between the team before it became a national story. Hoiberg is laughably inept and has ruined his chances of ever getting another HC opportunity in the NBA again.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:49 am 

i want Sam Mitchell as the next Bulls coach !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:51 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

To be clear, I don't think Butler is perfect as a teammate, as lyk and LTG and others have pointed out. That being said, I think the main story here is how Hoiberg has yet again allowed his locker room to spiral out of control. Did this sort of soap opera happen under Lovie? Under PJ? Under Thibs? No. That's because they know how to manage a team - Hoiberg does not. The same thing happened under Trestman. You can be as proficient as you want in terms of knowing how to play basketball, but if you can't get guys to fall in line then you're not head coaching material. Simple as that. A true HC wouldn't have allowed these things to accumulate over the course of the season, let alone not press the emergency button to squash all this drama between the team before it became a national story. Hoiberg is laughably inept and has ruined his chances of ever getting another HC opportunity in the NBA again.

Butler wasn't the player that he is now either. It isn't the locker room it's Butler. He was the person last season and he is the person this season. He wants to get the LeBron James in Cleveland treatment. It was bogus for Wade to tie his future to Butler's also. 35 year guy at the end of his career attempting to use a another player as leverage? That's foul. I think Hoiberg does have problems with management but I think that Butler is a prima Donna.

Smith and Friedell pointed out last season about how Butler isn't well liked by his teammates. I think Rondo spoke out because he is the one guy that has cred other than Butler and Wade. He also knows he has nothing to lose since he will be gone soon anyway.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:52 am 

Bagels wrote:
i want Sam Mitchell as the next Bulls coach !!!

Wolves announcers wanted him first.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:54 am 

Quote:
I think Rondo spoke out because he is the one guy that has cred other than Butler and Wade

no, he spoke out because he's a malcontent and a loser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:01 am 

Sam Smith is a Bulls' employee. He should stick to being the Beardown of Bulls talk - peddle bullshit rumors to drive readership. People may be mixed on Butler but as you saw from the article I posted several bulls players have expressed confusion regarding Hoiberg. He sucks. Wade didn't come here to win championships. I think it's pretty clear that he wanted to end his career playing comfortably in a city he liked and also make his mark on social issues in his hometown.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
veganfan21 wrote:
Sam Smith is a Bulls' employee. He should stick to being the Beardown of Bulls talk - peddle bullshit rumors to drive readership. People may be mixed on Butler but as you saw from the article I posted several bulls players have expressed confusion regarding Hoiberg. He sucks. Wade didn't come here to win championships. I think it's pretty clear that he wanted to end his career playing comfortably in a city he liked and also make his mark on social issues in his hometown.

Make his mark on social issues? He spoke out when one of his relatives was shot, and once he wore a hoodie to support Travon Martin. If he wants to do something to fix social ills then retire and get into community organizing or politics.

There was no reason to say that the only people doing their jobs were him and Jimmy. Do you think guys like Doug McDermott are not trying? He just sucks, and so does most of the rest of the roster. It's not about "wanting it more" or whatever rah rah bullshit. There was no reason to question the professionalism of his teammates. Wade and Butler clearly do not listen to their coach, so if the rest of the team is not playing the way they want who does that fall on?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Holy crap . Long time Van Gundy is giving Hoiberg some verbal fellatio right now on Carmen and Jurko.
Nothing is his fault, all on the roster .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:45 am 

Van Gundy has always been a coach apologist. This is nothing that would be surprising. He also has it out for the Bulls front office.

He isn't wrong about identifying Gar and Pax has the main problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Holy crap . Long time Van Gundy is giving Hoiberg some verbal fellatio right now on Carmen and Jurko.
Nothing is his fault, all on the roster .

A brilliant basketball mind that Van Gundy. Crappy roster led by a third or fourth tier best player. Recipe for disaster and GarPax need to be whacked.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:02 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Make his mark on social issues? He spoke out when one of his relatives was shot, and once he wore a hoodie to support Travon Martin. If he wants to do something to fix social ills then retire and get into community organizing or politics.

There was no reason to say that the only people doing their jobs were him and Jimmy. Do you think guys like Doug McDermott are not trying? He just sucks, and so does most of the rest of the roster. It's not about "wanting it more" or whatever rah rah bullshit. There was no reason to question the professionalism of his teammates. Wade and Butler clearly do not listen to their coach, so if the rest of the team is not playing the way they want who does that fall on?

He's repeatedly said in interviews that he wants to use his voice/presence as a famous black athlete to speak out/up on issues that he feels are important.

I won't defend his comments - I'll just say that when he speaks up, it's worth listening. This isn't some irrelevant team cancer jackass like Raon Rondo speaking, or some cocky young piece of shit who hasn't accomplished anything yet like Cousins, this is a guy who knows how to win and how to lead. When a guy of his stature is compelled by circumstances to lash out in the media like he did, what does that say? And again he's not the only one to lash out - many other players going back to last season have said they have no clue what's going on. Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, obviously Butler, etc. It says the locker room is dysfunctional and as the manager of that locker room, Hoiberg is accountable.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:14 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He's repeatedly said in interviews that he wants to use his voice/presence as a famous black athlete to speak out/up on issues that he feels are important.

I won't defend his comments - I'll just say that when he speaks up, it's worth listening. This isn't some irrelevant team cancer jackass like Raon Rondo speaking, or some cocky young piece of shit who hasn't accomplished anything yet like Cousins, this is a guy who knows how to win and how to lead. When a guy of his stature is compelled by circumstances to lash out in the media like he did, what does that say? And again he's not the only one to lash out - many other players going back to last season have said they have no clue what's going on. Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, obviously Butler, etc. It says the locker room is dysfunctional and as the manager of that locker room, Hoiberg is accountable.

Wade didn't criticize Hoiberg. He criticized the players. The locker room only became dysfunctional when Butler became the leader and best player. If Hoiberg is accountable then so is Butler. As far as Rondo goes he rarely has had issues with teammates. Ray Allen was the only guy and I never really remember him going public. You don't throw guys under the bus like that. Butler did it with Hoiberg, Rose, and now this year's team.

Wade also should never have gone public about his contract situation. People on here bashed Rose for discussing his contract stuff before the season started last year. Wade deserves criticism also.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The locker room only became dysfunctional when Butler became the leader and best player. If Hoiberg is accountable then so is Butler.

That's impossible to prove so the statement meaningless. And Butler isn't accountable for the workplace environment - that's Hoiberg. He continually runs away from decisions any competent manager needs to make.

long time guy wrote:
As far as Rondo goes he rarely has had issues with teammates. Ray Allen was the only guy and I never really remember him going public. You don't throw guys under the bus like that. Butler did it with Hoiberg, Rose, and now this year's team.

Yeah he got along with the Mavericks so well that they rewarded him by declining to give him a playoff share. :lol: Do you just make shit up and expect that we'll assume it's true? :lol:

Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks got so frustrated with Rajon Rondo by the end of the season that the team made up an injury to send him to the bench and the players opted not to give him a playoff share, according to reports.

Being forced to the bench by a nonexistent injury is one thing, but it's another to have your teammates cut you out of a playoff share. That's what happened with Rondo and the Mavs this year, per Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News.

For the playoffs, participating players receive shares of the revenue created by the league, with varying dollar figures for each round. Distribution of playoff shares is typically determined by the players, and in this case, Rondo's teammates agreed not to give him his share.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/29/85154 ... gency-2015

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Rondo isn't an easy guy to deal with and is actually more of a coach killer than Rose ever was.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=104139&p=2625798&hilit=rose#p2625798

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:32 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The locker room only became dysfunctional when Butler became the leader and best player. If Hoiberg is accountable then so is Butler.

That's impossible to prove so the statement meaningless. And Butler isn't accountable for the workplace environment - that's Hoiberg. He continually runs away from decisions any competent manager needs to make.

long time guy wrote:
As far as Rondo goes he rarely has had issues with teammates. Ray Allen was the only guy and I never really remember him going public. You don't throw guys under the bus like that. Butler did it with Hoiberg, Rose, and now this year's team.

Yeah he got along with the Mavericks so well that they rewarded him by declining to give him a playoff share. :lol: Do you just make shit up and expect that we'll assume it's true? :lol:

Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks got so frustrated with Rajon Rondo by the end of the season that the team made up an injury to send him to the bench and the players opted not to give him a playoff share, according to reports.

Being forced to the bench by a nonexistent injury is one thing, but it's another to have your teammates cut you out of a playoff share. That's what happened with Rondo and the Mavs this year, per Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News.

For the playoffs, participating players receive shares of the revenue created by the league, with varying dollar figures for each round. Distribution of playoff shares is typically determined by the players, and in this case, Rondo's teammates agreed not to give him his share.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/29/85154 ... gency-2015

Why is it impossible to prove in Butler's case yet possible in Hoiberg's case. The dysfunction that you speak of is very much Butler's doing if he is the one constantly making the statements. Butler is doing the exact same things that guys like Cousins get bashed for. He isn't a demonstrative with it but it is no different. He is and has been attempting to distinguish himself from everything that happens with the team. He has been doing it since last season. Rondo called him on it and thank god he did. Noah had an issue with it also so it just isn't Rondo.

Butler throwing a coach under the bus (coincidentally after signing his contract) was the first salvo. Anointing himself team leader was the next one. Saying the lacked leadership was the other. Jabbing at Rose was the other. Now he wants to know what management has planned. That isn't his place and he hasn't earned that right.

Make shit up? Rondo by all accounts had issues with Carlisle. I didn't hear of any individual teammates. Maybe he did but I don't recall and if he did he never went public with it. That is my point. It should have been left behind closed doors. It hasn't been with Butler. Ever.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:33 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Rondo isn't an easy guy to deal with and is actually more of a coach killer than Rose ever was.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=104139&p=2625798&hilit=rose#p2625798

I must have missed the part where "player" was mentioned. You are conflating the issue once again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:47 pm 

I may be wrong about Islam. Vegan is terrorizing the hell out of long time guy right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:56 pm 

IMU wrote:
I may be wrong about Islam. Vegan is terrorizing the hell out of long time guy right now.

About time.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:07 pm 

IMU wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: LTG is all right, he just holds a wide range of contradictory positions on the same issue sometimes.

pittmike wrote:
IMU wrote:

About time.

fuck off

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:08 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
IMU wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: LTG is all right, he just holds a wide range of contradictory positions on the same issue sometimes.

pittmike wrote:
IMU wrote:

About time.

fuck off

No you fuck off. :tongue:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:10 pm 

IMU wrote:

You are biased in the mode of the Trump bashing liberal media!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next