It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
LTG defending his guy till the death. Got to admire the conviction even though the ship is sinking.

Horrible thought on the timeout though - you're probably a student of the bestselling book on calling timeouts by Chris Webber :)

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The NBA seems to be getting less "fun" to me every year. Maybe I'll check on this team again in a couple years.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
veganfan21 wrote:
LTG defending his guy till the death. Got to admire the conviction even though the ship is sinking.

Horrible thought on the timeout though - you're probably a student of the bestselling book on calling timeouts by Chris Webber :)

It is some sort of commitment, that is for sure.

Maybe LTG is like an eternal Opposite Day bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
This might need to turn into 'Pick the day Hoiberg jumps in front of a Green Line train'.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:32 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
This might need to turn into 'Pick the day Hoiberg jumps in front of a Green Line train'.

Long Time Guy wrote:
Horrible train. Never run over a jumper like that.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:37 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

regardless of whether it was good or bad you don't show the coach up like that. I know that the Anti Hoiberg bias runs rampant around these parts but that is inexcusable. Plenty of coaches have burned their last timeout in that situation. Butler doesn't have the right to change the call. That's bogus. If Derrick Rose had done that to the sainted Thibs he'd be crucified on here. Let's be consistent if nothing else.

I'd already stated that I believed Hoiberg blew the game. Not for that but the things that occurred when they were up 11.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:40 am 

IMU wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Your thoughts on Love/Melo disqualifies you from any credible hoops talk. Not the first time however

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Someone with no credibility cannot comment on the credibility of others.

No organization would make that trade right now. Kevin Love was huge for the 2015-16 NBA Champion Cleveland Cavaliers and has been playing even better this season.

The Cavaliers' weaknesses include the front court and bench PG. Carmelo would do nothing to improve the team.

Look at his current team; Carmelo, Rose and Porzingis. 20-27 team. Not exactly a great recent resume.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:45 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

regardless of whether it was good or bad you don't show the coach up like that. I know that the Anti Hoiberg bias runs rampant around these parts but that is inexcusable. Plenty of coaches have burned their last timeout in that situation. Butler doesn't have the right to change the call. That's bogus. If Derrick Rose had done that to the sainted Thibs he'd be crucified on here. Let's be consistent if nothing else.

I'd already stated that I believed Hoiberg blew the game. Not for that but the things that occurred when they were up 11.

Showing up is debatable because there's no way Butler would know that a camera caught his reaction to Hoiberg's horrible call.

"Anti-Hoiberg bias" is definitely a rationale sentiment. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a stooge of the GarPax enterprise.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:46 am 

IMU wrote:
Someone with no credibility cannot comment on the credibility of others.

No organization would make that trade right now. Kevin Love was huge for the 2015-16 NBA Champion Cleveland Cavaliers and has been playing even better this season.

The Cavaliers' weaknesses include the front court and bench PG. Carmelo would do nothing to improve the team.

Look at his current team; Carmelo, Rose and Porzingis. 20-27 team. Not exactly a great recent resume.

Sometimes I read your thoughts and wonder which basketball do you ever watch. Kevin Love stunk during the finals. He had an ok game 7 but for what was expected of him he hasn't delivered. Played well so far this season and that is about it. Lets see about the playoffs.

Came in as part of a "big three" and you never hear that anymore. He is just a piece at this point.

If New York offers that Cleveland jumps on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:49 am 

IMU wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

:lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:49 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Showing up is debatable because there's no way Butler would know that a camera caught his reaction to Hoiberg's horrible call.

"Anti-Hoiberg bias" is definitely a rationale sentiment. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a stooge of the GarPax enterprise.

When it comes down to it the team's record is where it was predicted to be. It is difficult to make the case that he is this terrible coach when they are likely to make the playoffs.

If Hoiberg werent' the coach what would the team's record be at this point?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:55 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

When it comes down to it the team's record is where it was predicted to be. It is difficult to make the case that he is this terrible coach when they are likely to make the playoffs.

One thing that you constantly miss on is the intangible things that go into making a basketball team. In this case the most obvious omission you're making is management/coaching - it matters. If you've worked for someone who manages you or manages a team you're on then you know how important it is for that person to 1) know what he's doing, and 2) know how to guide the entire team to where it needs to be in order to meet clearly defined objectives. That's management 101 at a really simple level. That includes communication, inspiration, accountability, resource optimization, etc. As we've seen from Hoiberg's direct reports, he doesn't have any of that. Guys are not communicated to, there's no direction/guidance, and he certainly doesn't foster respect. That's all on him because he's a failure as a leader of grown men.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
veganfan21 wrote:
One thing that you constantly miss on is the intangible things that go into making a basketball team. In this case the most obvious omission you're making is management/coaching - it matters. If you've worked for someone who manages you or manages a team you're on then you know how important it is for that person to 1) know what he's doing, and 2) know how to guide the entire team to where it needs to be in order to meet clearly defined objectives. That's management 101 at a really simple level. That includes communication, inspiration, accountability, resource optimization, etc. As we've seen from Hoiberg's direct reports, he doesn't have any of that. Guys are not communicated to, there's no direction/guidance, and he certainly doesn't foster respect. That's all on him because he's a failure as a leader of grown men.

A coach successfully guiding players is far less important than having healthy communication with the front office and being on the same page. Or at least that's what Reinsdorf told me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:06 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I prefer to focus on tangibles. Intangibles in sports forces guys to overrate players like Taj Gibson. There are some things that I don't like about the way he coaches i.e. constantly allowing Mirotic to play at all. Now he is allowing Gibson to jack threes which is stupid. I hope he isn't so tied to "pace and space" that is he forcing that shit too.

That said I still think there are bigger issues than Hoiberg. Last night was a game they should have won. Two best players coming up big have to win. Overall they are about where I thought they'd be in the summer. If they were 15- 30 I'd be all over Hoiberg. Don't think he is the worst coach and I don't think he is the best. I defend people when I think they haven't received a fair shake. He hasn't and the reason is obvious.

People loved the fiery no championship attaining Thibs and anything Hoiberg does will be criticized. If he wins its the players if he loses its him.

Meanwhile everyone's favorite is underperforming and no one cares not so incoincidentally. There was much more Thibs talk when he wasn't coaching and now that he is its the equivalent of a non contact sport. Reason again is obvious. His performance doesn't quite jive with his rep for being the "2nd best coach" in the league. Announcers are also on him for the way that the Wolves play.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:10 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I prefer to focus on tangibles. Intangibles in sports forces guys to overrate players like Taj Gibson. There are some things that I don't like about the way he coaches i.e. constantly allowing Mirotic to play at all. Now he is allowing Gibson to jack threes which is stupid. I hope he isn't so tied to "pace and space" that is he forcing that shit too.

That said I still think there are bigger issues than Hoiberg. Last night was a game they should have won. Two best players coming up big have to win. Overall they are about where I thought they'd be in the summer. If they were 15- 30 I'd be all over Hoiberg. Don't think he is the worst coach and I don't think he is the best. I defend people when I think they haven't received a fair shake. He hasn't and the reason is obvious.

People loved the fiery no championship attaining Thibs and anything Hoiberg does will be criticized. If he wins its the players if he loses its him.

Meanwhile everyone's favorite is underperforming and no one cares not so incoincidentally. There was much more Thibs talk when he wasn't coaching and now that he is its the equivalent of a non contact sport. Reason again is obvious. His performance doesn't quite jive with his rep for being the "2nd best coach" in the league. Announcers are also on him for the way that the Wolves play.

I like the "but Hillary" argument you're using. Weren't you against that?

Dysfunction and a lack of morale matters. If there was no dysfunction and there was clear lines of communication then there would be a much better product on the court.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

A coach successfully guiding players is far less important than having healthy communication with the front office and being on the same page. Or at least that's what Reinsdorf told me.

Yup, and on that metric Hoiberg is a resounding success.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:14 am 

LTG going to the Thibs well, as the T'Wolves have won 6 of their last 8 and seem to be improving steadily through the month of January, and are only 2.5 games out of a playoff spot right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:18 am 

No its a but Thibs. Rightly or wrongly their fates are inexplicably tied together. The Hoiberg hatred was in effect well before he'd ever coached a game and it didn't take much for the confirmation bias to kick in. If he'd done what Thibs did record wise the argument would be "Why fire Thibs if the replacement produced the same record"? If he exceeded it "Management told the Players not to play for Thibs" during the last season. If he underperformed then he is a "terrible coach". The dude couldn't win no matter what.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:21 am 

Douchebag wrote:
LTG going to the Thibs well, as the T'Wolves have won 6 of their last 8 and seem to be improving steadily through the month of January, and are only 2.5 games out of a playoff spot right now.

Still not on nothing. I always checkout Burgeoning Wolves Buckets and they still really aren't that good. Thibs is now jerking Lavine around and Dunn is a mess.

Mitchell had them playing close to .500 over their last 30 last year.

It is still interesting and noteworthy that there wasn't an answer to the question.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 am 

long time guy wrote:
No its a but Thibs. Rightly or wrongly their fates are inexplicably tied together. The Hoiberg hatred was in effect well before he'd ever coached a game and it didn't take much for the confirmation bias to kick in. If he'd done what Thibs did record wise the argument would be "Why fire Thibs if the replacement produced the same record"? If he exceeded it "Management told the Players not to play for Thibs" during the last season. If he underperformed then he is a "terrible coach". The dude couldn't win no matter what.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Still not on nothing. I always checkout Burgeoning Wolves Buckets and they still really aren't that good. Thibs is now jerking Lavine around and Dunn is a mess.

It is still interesting and noteworthy that there wasn't an answer to the question.

if Sam Mitchell is such a great coach how come he's working at NBA TV and not on the sidelines somewhere ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:07 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

if Sam Mitchell is such a great coach how come he's working at NBA TV and not on the sidelines somewhere ?

He's just chilling is all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:12 pm 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

All Star/Star players blow off their coaches at times. Even the best coaches get it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Is there another instance of a coach being this openly disrespected by this players for multiple seasons? I feel bad for Fred, really. Wrong talent for his system.

Do anyone think he would have been fine had he ended up in Golden State? Either you have stars or you don't. That's the NBA today.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Is there another instance of a coach being this openly disrespected by this players for multiple seasons? I feel bad for Fred, really. Wrong talent for his system.

Do anyone think he would have been fine had he ended up in Golden State? Either you have stars or you don't. That's the NBA today.

Fuck Fred I feel sorry for the fans

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:40 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Do anyone think he would have been fine had he ended up in Golden State?

They'd be sub .500 right now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Has the Bulls Management addressed this yet...or fuck it?

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next