It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
It definitely has worked out for both teams. Wolves are winning now and Bulls have some pieces to win with in the future. I’m not sure I want to give Lavine $100M after a half season of work though. If they got him for somewhere around $60M I would be in.

You’re thinking of the market a couple years ago.

$60M is a non-starter and less than $90M probably isn’t going to even be an option. If he can average 20-5-5 with 40% 3 point shooting you’re fine paying him $22M/year in this market.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Damn, you'd have made a hell of a Cubs fan. Declaring victory just by obtaining the prospects. They don't even have to DO anything. Must be nice.

You talked shit about Reinsdorf the other night. According to this thread, you must consider both his teams to be amazing right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:51 pm 

I dont think you can judge a trade based on the teams records the following year.

Not sure what is so crazy about saying that this trade worked out well for both teams and is therefore even. And I def think the potential is there to look at this trade and say that the Bulls won it. There was no way that was true at the time of the trade.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:52 pm 

IMU wrote:
Damn, you'd have made a hell of a Cubs fan. Declaring victory just by obtaining the prospects. They don't even have to DO anything. Must be nice.

You talked shit about Reinsdorf the other night. According to this thread, you must consider both his teams to be amazing right now.

They are doing things. At the professional level. Not analogous to prospects in baseball.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:54 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I dont think you can judge a trade based on the teams records the following year.

Not sure what is so crazy about saying that this trade worked out well for both teams and is therefore even. And I def think the potential is there to look at this trade and say that the Bulls won it. There was no way that was true at the time of the trade.

Most of us are pretty much on the same page about it. I get what he’s saying though, he’s just overstating it. You’re saying it’s even or the Bulls slightly won. He’s saying if anyone is slightly ahead so far it’s Minnesota.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
RFDC wrote:

What chance would ya say Jimmy stays in Minnesota after next year? 15% ?

They gave up a decent haul for 2 years of Jimmy Butler, Golden State has the league lockdowned for 2 years mininum.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They gave up a decent haul for 2 years of Jimmy Butler, Golden State has the league lockdowned for 2 years mininum.

I would pay Lavine $100M before I give Jimmy $200M. The rest of the league probably feels the same way. He'll stay in Minnesota.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Minnesota can pay him the most money. Thibs is in Minnesota. Minnesota is one of the best teams in the NBA.

75% chance he stays in Minnesota.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:20 pm 

312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think you have it backwards. I’d say there’s only a 10-15% chance Butler leaves Minnesota before signing a long term extension.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
75? Wow.. Long ass winters, no night life..I would like it for the scenery, hunting n fishing..an NBA player probably wants something different. Couldn't the tax savings in Florida almost offset his Twolves max over a Heat max deal?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
75? Wow.. Long ass winters, no night life..I would like it for the scenery, hunting n fishing..an NBA player probably wants something different. Couldn't the tax savings in Florida almost offset his Twolves max over a Heat max deal?

He seems like a simple guy that likes country music so Minnesota is probably fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

He seems like a simple guy that likes country music so Minnesota is probably fine.

Yup. He likes country music, giant fish tanks, and winning. Should be a T Wolve for life now.

To rock my soul

Bulls definitely won this trade. That is even with the "recent resurgence" of Minnesota. The Bulls have a higher winning percentage with their core guys in place (even minus Lavine for all but 2 games) than Minnesota does for the entire year. 3 starters all 23 and younger too. NBA Hall of Famer Paul "the Truth" Pierce essentially supported what I have been stating all along. In order for the Wolves to make some noise KAT and not Buckets has to be their best player. Butler got the ball rolling but KAT has possibly been their best player for the past 3 to 4 weeks. Argument can be made. The Waterloo isn't going quite as expected and I will take the L on it but I still have them to fade by March.

The Bulls have three starters and all of them appear to be core guys. This was a major fleecing and Thibs may have erred by trading Lavine and not Wiggins. Time will tell but Lavine may end up being the better player of the two.

Minnesota isn't a contender. Book it!

pizza_Place: John's
long time guy wrote:
Bulls definitely won this trade. That is even with the "recent resurgence" of Minnesota. The Bulls have a higher winning percentage with their core guys in place (even minus Lavine for all but 2 games) than Minnesota does for the entire year. 3 starters all 23 and younger too. NBA Hall of Famer Paul "the Truth" Pierce essentially supported what I have been stating all along. In order for the Wolves to make some noise KAT and not Buckets has to be their best player. Butler got the ball rolling but KAT has possibly been their best player for the past 3 to 4 weeks. Argument can be made. The Waterloo isn't going quite as expected and I will take the L on it but I still have them to fade by March.

The Bulls have three starters and all of them appear to be core guys. This was a major fleecing and Thibs may have erred by trading Lavine and not Wiggins. Time will tell but Lavine may end up being the better player of the two.

You're back buddy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The Waterloo isn't going quite as expected and I will take the L on it but I still have them to fade by March.

:lol: :lol:

Nailed it!

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

January will define the Wolves. They have played a fairly soft schedule up to this point

What happens if they play well?

February will define the Wolves.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:

Of course KAT has to be their best player. I know they're currently the 3rd seed but they won't truly be competing for a year or 2 and if KAT isn't their best player it would probably be time to blow it up. IMO Butler's job is to help build the foundation for Wiggins and KAT and when the Warriors age a little bit more the Wolves could face off against Boston or the 76ers in the Finals.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Waterloo isn't going quite as expected and I will take the L on it but I still have them to fade by March.

Nailed it!

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

January will define the Wolves. They have played a fairly soft schedule up to this point

Month isn't over yet. Doesn't look good but they are going to take some losses. All of the wins were at home and I was only banking OKC and Cleveland of those teams. Both are playing terribly especially Cleveland.

I'm going to lose this one. I have the bet with you sewed up barring injury.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Of course KAT has to be their best player. I know they're currently the 3rd seed but they won't truly be competing for a year or 2 and if KAT isn't their best player it would probably be time to blow it up. IMO Butler's job is to help build the foundation for Wiggins and KAT and when the Warriors age a little bit more the Wolves could face off against Boston or the 76ers in the Finals.

Their team would be in a much better position to compete going forward if they had the 3 guys the Bulls acquired in that trade. Even with all of the injuries the Bulls are only 4 games off their pace from last season. Think about that for a second. Minnesota was set up to compete for years to come and they blew it by settling for a first round exit in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Just following the Bulls again recently seems there are MANY people still butthurt about trading Butler. Crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Their team would be in a much better position to compete going forward if they had the 3 guys the Bulls acquired in that trade. Even with all of the injuries the Bulls are only 4 games off their pace from last season. Think about that for a second. Minnesota was set up to compete for years to come and they blew it by settling for a first round exit in the playoffs.

I disagree. You can't pay everyone and if KAT becomes the force he should be they'll compete every year. They wouldn't even be a playoff team with the other guys this year and would be forced to trade Lavine at the deadline or give him $100M next summer. They needed someone like Butler. Finding a Taj is easier but both are helping build the foundation. You can see it in KAT. He's been a way better player recently. Even late in games he's made winning decisions.

Also it sounds like Thibs was fine with giving everyone up but Dunn (Your guy). The deal was dead until Thibs called back and requested that the Bulls include their draft pick in exchange for Dunn being added.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nailed it!

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Month isn't over yet. Doesn't look good but they are going to take some losses. All of the wins were at home and I was only banking OKC and Cleveland of those teams. Both are playing terribly especially Cleveland.

That’s hilarious. The only reason you have a chance in the bet is because of injury - to Harden and Curry. The bet is far from over and if the voting was held today I’d probably still win.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/mvp.html

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nailed it!

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That’s hilarious. The only reason you have a chance in the bet is because of injury - to Harden and Curry. The bet is far from over and if the voting was held today I’d probably still win.

I agree its Hilarious to think that the best player on a team contending for best record in the league won't be top 5 in MVP voting. Curry isn't even the best player on G.S.

Harden would've finished higher and so would Lebron. After that you have Irving and Durant. I'm doubtful about Lebron given their slide.

Anyone who doesn't think Irving is big time now is simply delusional. Not even a conversation at this point.

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nailed it!

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Edit

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nailed it!

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

hit submit too much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:44 pm 

The two front runners are clearly Harden and LeBron still.

After that, it’s probably Giannis and Durant. Then you have Kyrie, DeRozan, Butler, Cousins, and a few other vying for that 5th spot.

Good luck.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The two front runners are clearly Harden and LeBron still.

After that, it’s probably Giannis and Durant. Then you have Kyrie, DeRozan, Butler, Cousins, and a few other vying for that 5th spot.

Good luck.

Kyrie is in the tier with James and Harden. Easy money barring injury.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22