It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
5th at his position? :lol:

Statistically he's between the 4th and 6th best player in the league. Eye test matches up with that too. You're insane.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Statistically he's between the 4th and 6th best player in the league. Eye test matches up with that too. You're insane.

1. LeBron

2. Durant

3. Greek Freak

4. Kawhi

Which one is he better than and which eye test are you using. I've seen him dominated by each one of these guys and their stats back it up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
80 pages

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:28 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
80 pages

Have to compensate for the fact that burgeoning Wolves buckets have stalled at a rather pedestrian 4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

1. LeBron

2. Durant

3. Greek Freak

4. Kawhi

Which one is he better than and which eye test are you using. I've seen him dominated by each one of these guys and their stats back it up.

Right now he's better than Giannis. You use the term dominated too liberally also.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

1. LeBron

2. Durant

3. Greek Freak

4. Kawhi

Right now he's better than Giannis. You use the term dominated too liberally also.

I don't know which stats you are citing either. Giannis Trump's him in every state except scoring and he was only about a point or 2 off there. He is decidedly better than Butler and proved it during the 3 games he matched up with him. It can't be an aberration if he did it all 3 times

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:38 pm 

We've been over this but you need to look at more than the traditional stats. They are basically identical in WS/48. Butler has him in WS overall and offensive rating. Giannis is slightly ahead in PER and VORP. He's certainly not "decidedly" better.

Also, and I tried explaining this during last years playoffs to you, a three game sample size is practically useless.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
80 pages

Have to compensate for the fact that burgeoning Wolves buckets have stalled at a rather pedestrian 4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
We've been over this but you need to look at more than the traditional stats. They are basically identical in WS/48. Butler has him in WS overall and offensive rating. Giannis is slightly ahead in PER and VORP. He's certainly not "decidedly" better.

Also, and I tried explaining this during last years playoffs to you, a three game sample size is practically useless.

I value that much more than dropping 40 on New Jersey or piling up numbers against garbage teams.

If I see a stat which says he went 1 for 9 with Leonard guarding him (which was the case last game) that means more than a compilation of stats piled up against crappy teams during meaningless games. You have to factor in variables such as time and score and other things too. The game could have been out of reach. It's hard to make the argument he is better when each of these guys killed him when they matched up with him.

I value that much more than him getting numbers against Kyle Korver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I value that much more than dropping 40 on New Jersey or piling up numbers against garbage teams.

If I see a stat which says he went 1 for 9 with Leonard guarding him (which was the case last game) that means more than a compilation of stats piled up against crappy teams during meaningless games. You have to factor in variables such as time and score and other things too. The game could have been out of reach. It's hard to make the argument he is better when each of these guys killed him when they matched up with him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:56 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You don't seem to know what killed and dominated mean within this context. Please point out the game in which LeBron killed/dominated Butler this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:09 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You don't seem to know what killed and dominated mean within this context. Please point out the game in which LeBron killed/dominated Butler this year.

Not this year but that one really isn't a conversation. The only guy debatable is Giannis and Chauncey Billups already has him 3rd in the conf. Behind James and Irving.

You will not find many people that think he is better than any of the 4 I just named.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:15 am 

Well of course he's not as good as LeBron and Kawhi. They are the two best players in the league. He's comparable to Giannis. But you said he's the fifth best SF in the game. I'll give you LeBron and Kawhi. Who are the other two better than him? Giannis is a PG.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:21 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Well of course he's not as good as LeBron and Kawhi. They are the two best players in the league. He's comparable to Giannis. But you said he's the fifth best SF in the game. I'll give you LeBron and Kawhi. Who are the other two better than him? Giannis is a PG.

Kawhi better than Russ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:22 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Kawhi better than Russ?

Yes. Better than Harden, Durant, and Steph too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:25 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:26 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Better than Durant.

:lol:

Still waiting on my av/sig btw.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:14 am 

Nick Friedell ESPN Staff Writer

Good stat from Jacob Nitzberg of ESPN Stats and Info:

"Tonight was Jimmy's 2nd game this season with 40+ points, 10+ rebounds & 5+ assists (also 1/2 vs CHA). Russell Westbrook is the only other player with multiple such games this season (he has 5)."

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:39 am 

conns7901 wrote:

"Tonight was Jimmy's 2nd game this season with 40+ points, 10+ rebounds & 5+ assists (also 1/2 vs CHA). Russell Westbrook is the only other player with multiple such games this season (he has 5)."

Eye test tells me his defenders have short arms, that's why he's able to throw the ball over them for assists. Unimpressive.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:45 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Yeah, this makes no fucking sense unless they get an unbelievable return for him. He's a top 10 player entering his prime and still getting better every season.

Value will never be higher.

It might be. You would have said the same thing a year ago or two years ago and been wrong.

Plus, that's a terrible reason. Russell Westbrook's value probably won't ever be higher. Maybe the Thunder should trade him! :lol:

This is the same thing we went through with Noah during his defensive player of the year season. When the team is going nowhere why not see what you get in return for your best player who isn't necessarily a building block for the future. I say not necessarily because while he's not over the hill he's not just out of school either, so since it'll take some time to rebuild this thing because GarPax sucks why not just explore the market to set you up for future success?

I rate Westbrook higher than Butler, so it almost makes no sense to trade Westbrook unless you get like three young burgeoning stars in return. Not going to happen. I don't think Butler is worth the same price, so you may be able to get assets in return. Westbrook is in the same place Kobe was from like 2004-2008 - team going nowhere so he's going to get his crazy numbers every night.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
conns7901 wrote:

That's what happens when you're "the guy" on an otherwise dog-ass team. Still and all, his usage rate isn't egregious at 27.9%, 19th among qualified G/F's just ahead of Kevin Durant. Westbrook's USG%, for contrast, is 42.4%.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:33 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Yeah, this makes no fucking sense unless they get an unbelievable return for him. He's a top 10 player entering his prime and still getting better every season.

It might be. You would have said the same thing a year ago or two years ago and been wrong.

Plus, that's a terrible reason. Russell Westbrook's value probably won't ever be higher. Maybe the Thunder should trade him! :lol:

This is the same thing we went through with Noah during his defensive player of the year season. When the team is going nowhere why not see what you get in return for your best player who isn't necessarily a building block for the future. I say not necessarily because while he's not over the hill he's not just out of school either, so since it'll take some time to rebuild this thing because GarPax sucks why not just explore the market to set you up for future success?

I rate Westbrook higher than Butler, so it almost makes no sense to trade Westbrook unless you get like three young burgeoning stars in return. Not going to happen. I don't think Butler is worth the same price, so you may be able to get assets in return. Westbrook is in the same place Kobe was from like 2004-2008 - team going nowhere so he's going to get his crazy numbers every night.

As much as I like Noah, that's a flawed analogy. Butler is younger and better than Noah was at the time, with zero injury history as well. Butler isn't 30. There's no reason to trade Butler at all unless you're getting just an unbelievable return.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

As much as I like Noah, that's a flawed analogy. Butler is younger and better than Noah was at the time, with zero injury history as well. Butler isn't 30. There's no reason to trade Butler at all unless you're getting just an unbelievable return.

Butler has a shit load of miles and several lower body injuries. His decline won't be graceful because he's more of an effort guy.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:45 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Butler has a shit load of miles and several lower body injuries. His decline won't be graceful because he's more of an effort guy.

It's funny. His decline physically will mirror Wade's. I expect his body to start breaking down in the next two years. He takes a beating and for him to be effective he has to take a beating. He draws a lot of fouls and his game is based primarily on an unbelievable work ethic. He isn't particularly skilled and as such will have to be a driver to score.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Please name the several lower body injuries and the amount of games it's caused him to miss.

MANY of you want to return to the Ron Mercer years. It's sad and pathetic.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

He hasn't played more than 67 games in 5 years.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/jimmy-butl ... r-injuries

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:58 pm 

Nas wrote:

None of those look serious or long term. Especially illness

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

None of those look serious or long term. Especially illness

They've caused him to miss 20% of all but 1 season of his career.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Yup..If that leads to the slew of picks we had between 2001-2005ish. Rather have that than a middling team led by league's most surprising star (i.e. who cares).

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:17 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yup..If that leads to the slew of picks we had between 2001-2005ish. Rather have that than a middling team led by league's most surprising star (i.e. who cares).

I'd rather have a shitty team with a top 5-10 player than a shitty team with nobody to build around. I remember those years. They were unwatchable. And they didn't lead to anything worthwhile and it almost certainly won't this time around either.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next