It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:58 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Wasn't this deal on the table last year?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Wasn't this deal on the table last year?

Nice to see a torn ACL made them rethink this year. :?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
HEY HATERS, SLOW YOUR ROLL: NICK FRIEDEL SAYS RHAT NOW, FINALLY, 3YRS IN FRED HOIBERG HAS THE PLAYERS HE NEEDS TO RUN HIS OFFENSE!!!! #HOIBULLS FINNA SHOW THE NBA HOW ITS DONE (@IOWA STATE!!!)

ALSO, Friedel says that the bulls easily coulda sat back and done nothing for 2 more years (like they did for the first 2yrs post-thibbs) and kept Jimmy Butler / the status quo.... BUT NOW THE BULLS HAVE A *DIRECTION* AND S PLAN AND WE CAN **FINALLY** SEE THE PROPER #HOIBULLS BECAUSE IT'S **FINALLY** TIME TO UNLEASH THE UPCOMING BACK-TO-BACK NBA COACH OF THE YEAR: FRED HOIBERG, ON THE UNSUSPECTING NBA!!!!

Remember where you are right now, C/S/FMB; you're gonna wanna tell your grand/kids where you were when the #FredHoibergEra, aka the #Hoibulls Era, started in earnest. And I hope you have a good amount of dip ready to roll cuz WE'RE ABOUT TO HAVE MORE "CHIPS" THAN A COMBINED 5 FAMILY REUNION BARBEQUES!!!!

HATERS: you will have exactly 6 months from this day to apologize to Mr. Hoiberg, aka #FreddyChips, for ever doubting him.... Cuz now the bulls are committed to a direction, and when the bulls have a direction.... Shit. Why do you think MapQuest is dead? Huh? HUH?! EXACTLY!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
LaVine is the least of my worries here. He's the only player we got back who we know can actually play basketball in the NBA. Again, great trade!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm 

TLDR for last post = just start referring to Mr. Hoiberg as #FreddyChips and you will be forgiven for your doubt/haterade.

sorry, but this whole Jimmy Butler trade into the bulls selecting a white guy = caught me 3/4 in the bag like holy shit I didn't plan on.posting tonight but the bulls just traded their best player (AND their #16 pick this year. Not even a 2018 1st Rd pick) for a white guy (read: Kristaps Porzingis 2)

Wilbon: "why are you going to trade one of the 10-15 best players in the NBA to thibbs?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
sinicalypse wrote:
TLDR for last post = just start referring to Mr. Hoiberg as #FreddyChips and you will be forgiven for your doubt/haterade.

sorry, but this whole Jimmy Butler trade into the bulls selecting a white guy = caught me 3/4 in the bag like holy shit I didn't plan on.posting tonight but the bulls just traded their best player (AND their #16 pick this year. Not even a 2018 1st Rd pick) for a white guy (read: Kristaps Porzingis 2)

Wilbon: "why are you going to trade one of the 10-15 best players in the NBA to thibbs?"

Because no one offered you anything good.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:09 pm 

Nas wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

Butler obviously wasn't as valued as Paxson thought. Get rid of him before you can't. Good move and if it works out you get 3 starters for him. Bulls were never going to get a top 5 in a good draft.

Heard today that the first 14 picks will be instant impact guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:09 pm 

Wilson is trying to talk himself into liking this trade.... Tho he has to mention s busted ACL... But still getting two or three high-flyers TO BUILD AROUND D-WADE AND RONDO

Let that sink in... ESPN's chicago guy on the draft coverage is trying to like this trade BECAUSE WE'RE BUILDING AROUND D-WADE AND RAJON FUCKING "BENCHED FOR CHRISTMAS" RONDO!!!!!

WE TRADED OUR BEST PLAYER TO BUILD AROUND [~35 Y/O] D-WADE AND RONDO!!!! WHO ARE BOTH (((OVER 9000)))% GONE AFTER THIS SEASON!!!!!

Thank God BERNSTEIN SAID it's ok to stop being a bulls fan now cuz holy shit, if I actually cared about a team >>> winning I think I'd be singing Johnny Cash singing Trent reznor right now =\

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 pm 

jimmy is an overachiever. he wont age well. will have one or two more good seasons, then disappear into mediocrity as fast as he rose up. fuck him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

Butler obviously wasn't as valued as Paxson thought. Get rid of him before you can't. Good move and if it works out you get 3 starters for him. Bulls were never going to get a top 5 in a good draft.

Spin: The Bulls got 2 lottery picks and a young borderline all star for an aging all star.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

I have no doubt Markkanen will have an instant impact. It won't be a positive one though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 pm 

Nas wrote:

OK then fair play to that... But then the next obvious question is "why did you have to trade Jimmy RIGHT NOW??"

obviously the only valid answer = you LOVED this Finnish Dude they got at #7... Cuz seriously, if you didn't have a guy who you absolutely jizzed your pants over getting at #7 (fully KNOWING there's no way you could get him at #16 or even find a way to trade up to #11-12 and get) then why do you have to do this right now, ESPECIALLY of you're not getting offers anywhere near what you want for Jimmy?

Only other thing I could think of = you're afraid that Jimmy might be a malcontent this year (aka he was DONE with the bulls and keeping him around = problems that only lower his value) OR if you know about some degenerative injury or something that's been nagging at Jimmy for a yeae or two and you wanna sell high on him before he could (quite?) possibly have a MAJOR injury that decimates his value (or he just pulls a Frazier/quibtana and sucks out loud nearing the point where you HAVE to trade them)

ACTUALLY that's my conspiracy theory here... Jerry's other team held on to Frazier + Quibtana long enough to see them hit .190 for ~1/3 of a season + have a 5.00+ ERA for roughly 1/3 of a season.... And this quite possibly could be happening cuz both of those guys were !!!FUCKYEAH!!! to move last summer/off season, didn't go, then got stuck with the suckass sox and just came out and MEH'd it up and absolutely torpedoed their trade value..... So now wanting to make sure that the third time ISN'T a charm "the chairman" decided to tak whatever he could get for JB ASAP, everyone across the league likely knew this, and we got some midlevel crap and a big white guy who we might as well call Dirkristaps Porzingis-Nowitzki.

Thank GOD Bernstein said it's OK to stop being a fan now. Imma cheer my dubs all the way to being the greatest GOAT in NBA History. Durant is already better than m-jeff. Steph Curry replaces Jerry West as NBA Logo (sponsored by Under Armour) by 2025!!! GO DUBS!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:23 pm 

Also, sorry my phone insists that "Quintana" is "Quibtana" but I never know what words/phrases it's gonna change on me cuz it always knows what I wanna say better than I do.

PLUS to be honest right now Quibtana prolly has more trade value than Quintana =P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Zach Lowe of ESPN reports that Danny Ainge and the rest of Boston's front office had concerns with how Jimmy Butler would mesh with Gordon Heyward (both on the court and as personalities). If Boston wanted Jimmy, they definitely beat Minnesota's offer.

They didn't trade for Paul George because of him probably signing with the Lakers next summer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:37 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Zach Lowe of ESPN reports that Danny Ainge and the rest of Boston's front office had concerns with how Jimmy Butler would mesh with Gordon Heyward (both on the court and as personalities). If Boston wanted Jimmy, they definitely beat Minnesota's offer.

They didn't trade for Paul George because of him probably signing with the Lakers next summer.

Just read that as well. Sounds like Ainge really wasn't sold on Butler. If he could fleece the Bulls he would have but that would be the only way he trades for him. Also sounded like they valued Hayward more since it was Butler that would have ostensibly have had to do the meshing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Just read that as well. Sounds like Ainge really wasn't sold on Butler. If he could fleece the Bulls he would have but that would be the only way he trades for him. Also sounded like they valued Hayward more since it was Butler that would have ostensibly have had to do the meshing.

This sounds like tampering to me. How could Ainge know that the Celtics were going to sign Heyward 2 weeks after the potential Jimmy Butler trade?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Not really. It's far more palatable to spend money on a player than it is to trade good players for that player.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Douchebag wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

This sounds like tampering to me. How could Ainge know that the Celtics were going to sign Heyward 2 weeks after the potential Jimmy Butler trade?

I agree but this will be a nothing. Just like the Magic Johnson - PG thing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Not really. It's far more palatable to spend money on a player than it is to trade good players for that player.

Boston gave up Bradley Olynyk Amir Johnson in order to free up money to acquire Hayward. They received one of the Morris twins back for Bradley. Are the 3 players that they moved for Hayward better than what the Bulls received for Butler?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Boston gave up Bradley Olynyk Amir Johnson in order to free up money to acquire Hayward. They received one of the Morris twins back for Bradley. Are the 3 players that they moved for Hayward better than what the Bulls received for Butler?

I don't know and I don't think I care. The Bulls got a cripple as the centerpiece of the deal so probably not. Just saying you can't say Boston wanted Heyward more than Butler since the cost is dissimilar.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/timberwolv ... 59275.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:25 am 

People writing in the comment section are more in tuned to what is going on than the writer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:35 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Goddamnit

Good news. Now you don't have to pay attention to the Bulls.

Only silver lining is lots of people will look bad next year when Butler leads Minnesota to 60 wins

Who will that be?

You, Nas, leash, the other Butler-haters

60 wins? I'm sure you meant over a 2 year stretch. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Not really sold on Dunn. Lavine looks like a good scorer on bad teams. Wait and see on 7th pick. This is very unlike Paxson. Me likes it. Trades a malcontent coming off his best season. 3 potential starters all young. This is a big time gamble.

Yea I'm pretty sure you've already said as much that Dunn sucks :lol:

Hoping it's the Thibs effect. Hoiball will get him right.

On the money with this one. Again. It is becoming old hat at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:48 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Yeah, this makes no fucking sense unless they get an unbelievable return for him. He's a top 10 player entering his prime and still getting better every season.

Value will never be higher.

It might be. You would have said the same thing a year ago or two years ago and been wrong.

Plus, that's a terrible reason. Russell Westbrook's value probably won't ever be higher. Maybe the Thunder should trade him! :lol:

Butler isn't a franchise player. If you can get a lot for him you take it.

If Butler isn't a franchise player you're saying there are only like three of them in the entire league.

Terrible thoughts abound. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:52 pm 

Quote:
He would be the best player on all but five current NBA teams.

Assanine thoughts for a thousand!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
We've been over this but you need to look at more than the traditional stats. They are basically identical in WS/48. Butler has him in WS overall and offensive rating. Giannis is slightly ahead in PER and VORP. He's certainly not "decidedly" better.

Also, and I tried explaining this during last years playoffs to you, a three game sample size is practically useless.

Maybe you need to get better at explaining. Not decidedly better? Chalk it up to another in a rather long list of terrible hoops thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:09 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
I'd keep Butler. What are the chances any of 3 first rounders becomes a Top 10 player?

You have a Top 10 player now...why ax him because the front office sucks? Pax and Gar would just screw up the picks anyway.

Depends on the draft. Last years draft had two to three guys that were top 10 guys. Butler isn't a top ten guy either. If he was the market for him would be much greater than it is. The rumored deals last summer weren't all that enticing for a guy you consider top ten.

Butler is a Top 10 guy

Guys currently better:

1. Lebron James

2. James Harden

3. Kevin Durant

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Anthony Davis

6. Kyrie Irving

7. Steph Curry

8. Demarcus Cousins

9. Chris Paul

10. Giannis (Greek Freak)

11. Kawhi Leonard

At this point it may be time to fold.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:12 pm 

IMU wrote:
No one agrees with your list. Stop posting it.

The fact that you have Demarcus Cousins on there completely negates it. What a joke.

But not before we first cite the musings of Imu. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
You are the only NBA fan that thinks Cousins is better. Give it up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next