It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 am 

IMU wrote:
Again, I've liked Dunn the entire time and haven't flipped back and forth like you have. So my consistency has shown that I would not have done what you did.

Dunn has had more time under Thibodeau than he has Hoiberg. Thibodeau is recognized around the league as a far better coach than Hoiberg. Thibodeau's rookies never get off to a strong start. History shows that Thibodeau is great at coaching guards and rookies that have poor debuts under him can eventually become good (or great) NBA players.

You have absolutely no pulse reading on the Timberwolves.

I Dont remember you ever coming out in favor of Dunn. Seems like revisionist history to me.

As far as the Wolves go i was right about them last year. Bump the beginning of the Wolves thread. I never changed my beat.

Do you want to compare thoughts on the Wolves to see who had more of a"pulse".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:08 am 

IMU wrote:
Again, I've liked Dunn the entire time and haven't flipped back and forth like you have. So my consistency has shown that I would not have done what you did.

Dunn has had more time under Thibodeau than he has Hoiberg. Thibodeau is recognized around the league as a far better coach than Hoiberg. Thibodeau's rookies never get off to a strong start. History shows that Thibodeau is great at coaching guards and rookies that have poor debuts under him can eventually become good (or great) NBA players.

You sure were in favor Dunn. Some ringing endorsement. At least you acknowledge that he was once my guy. He was my guy when you believed he stunk. Funny how that works.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=109091&start=240&hilit=dunn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

I Dont remember you ever coming out in favor of Dunn. Seems like revisionist history to me.

As far as the Wolves go i was right about them last year. Bump the beginning of the Wolves thread. I never changed my beat.

I did!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:12 am 

IMU wrote:

Oops. :lol: :lol: Always remember that there is a smoking gun.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=109528&p=2850635&hilit=dunn#p2850751

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:14 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

I did!

Nah you originally said that if they didn't win 35 games it would be a disappointment. Once they didn't you reversed field alas Barry Sanders.

You pivoted and pontificated about it being expected.
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=101052&p=2591916&hilit=35+wins#p2591916

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopi ... n#p2850751

Where is the smoking gun? Kris Dunn is not a shooter.

Dunn had a good December, yes? In the month of December, he still only shot 43.3% while going 21.1% from three. 70.7% FT.

His value is in his defense and his passing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:23 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=109528&p=2850635&hilit=dunn#p2850751

Where is the smoking gun? Kris Dunn is not a shooter.

Dunn had a good December, yes? In the month of December, he still only shot 43.3% while going 21.1% from three. 70.7% FT.

His value is in his defense and his passing.

Here we go. You clearly stated that he would never develop under Hoiberg. In case you haven't noticed he is developing under Hoiberg.

I'm still wondering where all of this advocacy of him as a player exists also. Where does your support of him as a player exist.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:27 am 

Is this the only medium with which you discuss sports? You don't discuss sports with friends or family? I haven't made it a point to create a new post on this forum every evening recapping the sports thoughts discussed on the phone, in person or via text with my fellow man.

Sounds like you'd be really interested in me running a sports blog.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

I did!

Nah you originally said that if they didn't win 35 games it would be a disappointment. Once they didn't you reversed field alas Barry Sanders.

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopi ... s#p2591916

Fake news! How many wins did you predict? I had them NOT making the playoffs in Year 1 and making it in Year 2 (6th seed) and competing in Year 3. I believe you had them missing the playoffs this year or being an 8th seed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 am 

IMU wrote:
Is this the only medium with which you discuss sports? You don't discuss sports with friends or family? I haven't made it a point to create a new post on this forum every evening recapping the sports thoughts discussed on the phone, in person or via text with my fellow man.

Actually i wouldn't. You're a know nothing.

I'm not recapping anything but you seem to be awfully interested in countering things that I post so have it. If you don't like being challenged once you do it then don't do it.

As i stated previously there is always a smoking gun for revisionist historians like you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:55 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

I did!

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=101052&p=2591916&hilit=35+wins#p2591916

Fake news! How many wins did you predict? I had them NOT making the playoffs in Year 1 and making it in Year 2 (6th seed) and competing in Year 3. I believe you had them missing the playoffs this year or being an 8th seed

I believe i had them under 35 last season.

I have them winning 45 or less this season. Even with this latest hot streak I'm standing on that.

I expect them to dispatch with the Nets tomorrow and then it will be time to rock and roll. Showtime at the Apollo.

Walt is already booking the win but he may be a little hasty. Their schedule from now til the end of the season is murder. Thibs has already did the "Thibs" in terms of minutes. He overworked the starters in order to win games against inferior competition.

It's about to get real in the streets now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:57 am 
100000 CLUB

Who do you expect them to lose against this month? What will their record in January be?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
Who do you expect them to lose against this month? What will their record in January be?

Without going game by game I'd say 6-11 or 7-10 at best.

They have to play the best teams in both leagues. 17 games and i think there are only 3 or 4 non playoff teams.

Their schedule is going to be tough the rest of the season. They have played a fairly easy schedule. It is about to change after tomorrow.

I can very easily see them going 21-27 or less the rest of the season.

Here is their schedule.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/te ... games.html

This streak has been built on the backs of bum teams missing their best players.

They have struggled with crappy teams and haven't demonstrated they can defeat the better teams.

I like my chances.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

They have to play the best teams in both leagues. 17 games and i think there are only 3 or 4 non playoff teams.

Their schedule is going to be tough the rest of the season. They have played a fairly easy schedule. It is about to change after tomorrow.

Willing to wager on their January record? We can just make it an avatar or signature bet if you like. I say they'll have a winning record.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Willing to wager on their January record? We can just make it an avatar or signature bet if you like. I say they'll have a winning record.

I will take you up on it. It can be either of the two. Winner chooses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

I will take you up on it. It can be either of the two. Winner chooses.

Good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Actually i wouldn't. You're a know nothing.

I'm not recapping anything but you seem to be awfully interested in countering things that I post so have it. If you don't like being challenged once you do it then don't do it.

As i stated previously there is always a smoking gun for revisionist historians like you.

If this is the case, I implore you to find the smoking gun. You seem to have spent 15-30 minutes earlier trying to find it to no avail. So spend more time and find it. You are out of line referring to people as revisionists when you can find no proof of it. Meanwhile, you flipping back and forth on Dunn is heavily documented.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:17 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Here is their schedule.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/te ... games.html

This streak has been built on the backs of bum teams missing their best players.

They have struggled with crappy teams and haven't demonstrated they can defeat the better teams.

I like my chances.
bump.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It is too bad that LTG quit the board.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 pm 

Looks like Nas was wrong on the first page of this thread also. Butler's value is higher right now than it was at this time last year IMO.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:29 pm 

Hard for me to believe that the Bulls may have won that trade. I thought it was a no brainer that the Bulls got screwed when it went down. Now you can argue that the Bulls got the better end of it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Hard for me to believe that the Bulls may have won that trade. I thought it was a no brainer that the Bulls got screwed when it went down. Now you can argue that the Bulls got the better end of it.

Still waiting to hear that argument.

The Timberwolves won 31 games last year. They are already 29-16, the #3 seed in Western Conference, and should be competing for championships for the next few years.

The Bulls are the #12 seed even after performing at the highest level possible. They are now removing themselves from landing a top draft pick which could set their rebuild back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:33 pm 

IMU wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They got three guys with All Star potential back. One of the three, Lauri, has a chance to be as good or better than Butler is right now. We aren’t gonna know either way who won the trade for a couple more years. Obviously right now it looks like a great trade for both teams.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:34 pm 

IMU wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Is it really hard to see? All 3 guys are playing great. At the very least the trade is even and both teams got what they wanted.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:37 pm 

If we had to declare a winner today I think it’s obviously the Timberwolves. But a case can easily be made for the Bulls also.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:39 pm 

I'm 100% content with us saying 'too early to call.' But if you had to pick a winner right now, you're crazy to say Bulls. Or "At the very least the trade is even"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Not to be cliche..but it's literally one of the trades that has worked out great for both teams. It really has.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:45 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Not to be cliche..but it's literally one of the trades that has worked out great for both teams. It really has.

You can't win a trade at 17-27 if the other team is 29-16. Especially when LaVine is a RFA after this current season. And a UFA after the next. At least during Butler's guaranteed two seasons the Timberwolves are looking to be a championship contender.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

It definitely has worked out for both teams. Wolves are winning now and Bulls have some pieces to win with in the future. I’m not sure I want to give Lavine $100M after a half season of work though. If they got him for somewhere around $60M I would be in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:48 pm 

IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You can't win a trade at 17-27 if the other team is 29-16. Especially when LaVine is a RFA after this current season. And a UFA after the next. At least during Butler's guaranteed two seasons the Timberwolves are looking to be a championship contender.

Lavine being a RFA this year means he almost certainly won’t be a UFA the following year. They’ll match whatever offer sheet he is given.

Bulls did a great job getting three core guys back to build around. It’s just that the trade has also worked out about as well as possible for the Wolves too so far.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next