It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
Why does it matter what he wants? The team needs to do what they think is best, not what the player wants

What he wants matters to the team trading for him. Even then if I'm Cleveland I'm taking the risk by trading for a guy who may not sign with me once he hits the market in a year or two. You've got to win now in LeBron's last years. The rings will make up for Butler or George departing. Cleveland will never be in the position they're in now for like a generation after LBJ is done.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I have no faith in Paxson to get this done but I'd ask Boston for the #3 pick this year and Philly's first round pick next for Jimmy. That's reasonable Imo and you could change the whole franchise with this year's and next year's draft.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
312player wrote:
I have no faith in Paxson to get this done but I'd ask Boston for the #3 pick this year and Philly's first round pick next for Jimmy. That's reasonable Imo and you could change the whole franchise with this year's and next year's draft.

CSNChicago reporting that the Bulls offered Butler to Boston for just the #3 and Boston said no. I guess Boston doesn't think they can win the title in the next couple years even if they have Butler. Otherwise, I don't know how they can turn down a proven all star for a mystery box that might turn out to be as good as Butler (or possibly slightly better) in several years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:53 am 

shakes wrote:
312player wrote:

CSNChicago reporting that the Bulls offered Butler to Boston for just the #3 and Boston said no. I guess Boston doesn't think they can win the title in the next couple years even if they have Butler. Otherwise, I don't know how they can turn down a proven all star for a mystery box that might turn out to be as good as Butler (or possibly slightly better) in several years.

yeah that seems insane to me on Bostons part, if true. It is equally insane that the Bulls would be willing to part with their star for one draft pick and nothing else.

We are so screwed.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:50 am 

RFDC wrote:
shakes wrote:
312player wrote:

yeah that seems insane to me on Bostons part, if true. It is equally insane that the Bulls would be willing to part with their star for one draft pick and nothing else.

We are so screwed.

Ainge doesn't think he is that good. He's right.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 am 

I am not as high on Butler as some others, but to say he is not better than what you could get at the #3 draft pick is just stupid.

I get Ainge is seen as this mad scientist genius, but he is taking a pretty big gamble this offseason. Passing on the consensus #1 pick in Fultz and now passing on Butler who is in his prime and an all NBA player. He may look like an idiot in a couple years.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:01 am 

RFDC wrote:
I am not as high on Butler as some others, but to say he is not better than what you could get at the #3 draft pick is just stupid.

I get Ainge is seen as this mad scientist genius, but he is taking a pretty big gamble this offseason. Passing on the consensus #1 pick in Fultz and now passing on Butler who is in his prime and an all NBA player. He may look like an idiot in a couple years.

Agreed. Story could be BS but yeah I don't get his strategy here. He's obviously fishing for offers so we'll see what he gets. I imagine Indiana is more desperate than any other team to get a deal done, so he might be trying to fleece them. I would to.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:12 am 

RFDC wrote:

Will he be better in 2 or 3 years who knows. To say he is better than a 19 year old kid isn't really revelatory. Ainge doesn't see Butler as the guy to get them past Cleveland. That really is quite telling. It's stupid for people to keep thinking that Butler will get you two top five picks. Now it doesn't appear that he can get you one. If he is as good as people here keeps suggesting then GarPax would be flooded with offers.

Butler has been out there for about a year. The Bulls will have to go hat in hand to get the guy moved. Two quality starters are about the best you can hope for at this point. Quality starter and a mid first rounder.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Joe Cowley yesterday:

1. Jimmy Butler has been in contact with Cavs players through back channels. Sources out of Cleveland say Jimmy's going to push for a trade to Cavs.
2. Jimmy also wants to stay in Chicago though. He could recruit Kyle Lowry.
3. Kyrie Irving might push for a trade. Chicago is one of a few destinations Irving is interested in.

Joe Cowley today:

1. According to a Cleveland source, Jimmy Butler has been told to stay away from the Cavs because it's turned into a volatile situation.

Sam Amico today, who's a Fox Sports Ohio NBA reporter:

@AmicoHoops: Zero truth to report that Cavs players telling Bulls' Jimmy Butler to stay away, says team source. "Absolute fabrication."

All this stuff is entertaining but you only can believe Wojnarowski at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:35 am 

I don't find it all that difficult to believe Jimmy is trying to get to Cleveland while also trying to possibly recruit Lowry to Chicago. I look at this like someone trying to get a new job, making overtures to that effect, interviewing, negotiating, but still trying to impress at their current place, trying to get promoted, etc., because in the end you never know where you're going to end up. If Butler knows Cleveland or Boston is not likely, or just essentially unknown, then yeah why not recruit Lowry.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:35 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Joe Cowley yesterday:

1. Jimmy Butler has been in contact with Cavs players through back channels. Sources out of Cleveland say Jimmy's going to push for a trade to Cavs.
3. Kyrie Irving might push for a trade. Chicago is one of a few destinations Irving is interested in.

Joe Cowley today:

1. According to a Cleveland source, Jimmy Butler has been told to stay away from the Cavs because it's turned into a volatile situation.

@AmicoHoops: Zero truth to report that Cavs players telling Bulls' Jimmy Butler to stay away, says team source. "Absolute fabrication."

All this stuff is entertaining but you only can believe Wojnarowski at the end of the day.

The source for 99% of Cowley's Bulls "scoops" is Jimmy Butler. He has written too many puff pieces for this to not be the case.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:37 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't find it all that difficult to believe Jimmy is trying to get to Cleveland while also trying to possibly recruit Lowry to Chicago. I look at this like someone trying to get a new job, making overtures to that effect, interviewing, negotiating, but still trying to impress at their current place, trying to get promoted, etc., because in the end you never know where you're going to end up. If Butler knows Cleveland or Boston is not likely, or just essentially unknown, then yeah why not recruit Lowry.

Because Lowry is getting old and may not be more impactful than Rondo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:47 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Lowry can shoot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:49 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Lowry can shoot.

Sometimes too much and he is the same age as Rondo. I think he is a guy on the decline. Good season last year but I think he will fade this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Joe Cowley yesterday:

Joe Cowley today:

The source for 99% of Cowley's Bulls "scoops" is Jimmy Butler. He has written too many puff pieces for this to not be the case.

I'm not saying that's not true, but Cowley has ripped Butler repeatedly on the Score for, among other things getting Tibs fired. Can't imagine their relationship is that close.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:57 am 

long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Lowry can shoot.

Sometimes too much and he is the same age as Rondo. I think he is a guy on the decline. Good season last year but I think he will fade this year.

I respectfully disagree with you. He's a better player than Rondo and would open the floor. Not saying he's the missing piece to beat the Cleveland but the Bulls would be a better team next year with Lowry at PG.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Ron Wolfley wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Lowry can shoot.

I respectfully disagree with you. He's a better player than Rondo and would open the floor. Not saying he's the missing piece to beat the Cleveland but the Bulls would be a better team next year with Lowry at PG.

there's no denying that Rondo made the Bulls a better team. However, Lowry is a better player and something the Bulls sorely lack.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Wade is back!....WHOOOO-HOOOO!

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls ... ext-season

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls ... s-teodosic

While Jimmy Butler rumors swirl, Dwyane Wade considers accepting $23.8 million, and Thursday's NBA Draft nears, the Bulls may be moving in on a highly sought-after free agent.

According to Eurohoops' Nikos Varlas, the Bulls are prepared to make a multiyear offer to Serbian point guard Milos Teodosic. Varlas reports that the Bulls are "the front runner to sign Teodosic compared to other NBA teams which are also interested in him."

The 30-year-old point guard averaged 16.1 points and 6.8 assists in 29 Euroleague games playing for CSKA Moscow. He'll be a free agent, and there are reports that Moscow is considering offering him a contract upwards of $30 million.

The Bulls' Nikola Mirotic, born in Montenegro, is a restricted free agent this offseason. Mirotic's future, as well as Wade's decision and the team option the Bulls have for Rajon Rondo will determine the team's salary cap spending.

In this year's NBA GM Survey Teodosic was voted as the best international player not in the NBA, earning nearly 54 percent of the vote.

The Bulls could certainly use help at the point guard position. Whether Rondo is back, the Bulls also have Cameron Payne, Jerian Grant and Isaiah Canaan under contract.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :lol: DeWayne Wade "considers" accepting .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:37 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls/report-bulls-considering-signing-serbian-star-milos-teodosic

While Jimmy Butler rumors swirl, Dwyane Wade considers accepting $23.8 million, and Thursday's NBA Draft nears, the Bulls may be moving in on a highly sought-after free agent.

According to Eurohoops' Nikos Varlas, the Bulls are prepared to make a multiyear offer to Serbian point guard Milos Teodosic. Varlas reports that the Bulls are "the front runner to sign Teodosic compared to other NBA teams which are also interested in him."

ANOTHER WIN FOR MILOS!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls/report-bulls-considering-signing-serbian-star-milos-teodosic

ANOTHER WIN FOR MILOS!

:lol: yes!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:48 pm 

Jimmy to the Cavs picking up steam. It'll be great hearing the Trade Butler crowd defend the horseshit return this brings back.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
FavreFan wrote:
Jimmy to the Cavs picking up steam. It'll be great hearing the Trade Butler crowd defend the horseshit return this brings back.

From what I've seen today, the opposite seems true. Cavs players telling Jimmy you don't want to come here with LeBron leaving and Jimmy saying he doesn't want to go to Cleveland.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:16 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

From what I've seen today, the opposite seems true. Cavs players telling Jimmy you don't want to come here with LeBron leaving and Jimmy saying he doesn't want to go to Cleveland.

Yeah, I honestly don't know what to believe. Seems like it's changing by the hour. All I know for sure is the Bulls are gonna fuck it up either way

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Who would the 3rd or 4th team be?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
FavreFan wrote:
All I know for sure is the Bulls are gonna fuck it up either way

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 pm 

Nas wrote:

I keep hearing the Suns. I honestly have no clue how the Cavs would acquire Butler without giving up Love or Kyrie. If they do, the NBA should veto the trade like they did the Paul/Lakers trade.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

I keep hearing the Suns. I honestly have no clue how the Cavs would acquire Butler without giving up Love or Kyrie. If they do, the NBA should veto the trade like they did the Paul/Lakers trade.

They have said Love to Suns, Suns #1 and a player to Bulls, Butler to Cavs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:05 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

They have said Love to Suns, Suns #1 and a player to Bulls, Butler to Cavs.

If it's Booker or Bledsoe plus a #1 I do it in a heartbeat. Maybe even Chris too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next