It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
You need to have a first round draft pick at least every other year. 2017 is a swap between Brooklyn and Boston. 2018 is straight up 1st round pick going to Boston.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
You need to have a first round draft pick at least every other year. 2017 is a swap between Brooklyn and Boston. 2018 is straight up 1st round pick going to Boston.

So, Boston and Brooklyn have technically "swapped" 2017 first round picks, which really just means Boston has the option to take Brooklyn's 2017 1st if it happens to be worse than theirs. This would allow a straight unprotected trade of the 2018 first. Is that right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The draft is so deep, I'd be happy with a lot of players in the lottery. I forgot the Bulls have Sacramento's 1st round pick this summer if it is outside of the top 10. Unless the Bulls know they're signing Chris Paul and Chris Bosh this summer, they need to blow this thing up right damn now.

They'd need a PG. Markelle Fultz and Dennis Smith are both fun to watch. How about Malik Monk too? All that dude does is score. Johnathan Isaac too.

Since Futz is west coast and only saw the Arizona game...so I won't judge him the others two don't wow me as say a Buddy Hield did...also I'll be perfectly honest I can't tell how a college player can equate to the Pro game

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:10 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

So, Boston and Brooklyn have technically "swapped" 2017 first round picks, which really just means Boston has the option to take Brooklyn's 2017 1st if it happens to be worse than theirs. This would allow a straight unprotected trade of the 2018 first. Is that right?

Yessir. Malik Monk's on ESPN right now in Brent Musburger's last game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:43 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

Brooklyn is horrendously fucked the next two seasons. If Bulls could score Brooklyn's top pick in the next two drafts, I would seriously consider making this deal for Butler.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Brooklyn is horrendously fucked the next two seasons. If Bulls could score Brooklyn's top pick in the next two drafts, I would seriously consider making this deal for Butler.

Agreed. Brooklyn is the Cleveland Browns of the NBA.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:48 pm 

Billy King should be crucified for how bad he fucked up the Nets franchise for at least a decade. The Cavs are even less mortgaged than them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
Billy King should be crucified for how bad he fucked up the Nets franchise for at least a decade. The Cavs are even less mortgaged than them.

Eaglo Michael Jackson wrote:
Billy King is not my lover.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

They can't. Brooklyn can't trade back to back #1 picks.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

They can.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:00 am 
100000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nas wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

They can.

No

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:15 am 

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:49 am 

Nas wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

They haven't. They've traded the rights to their 2017 first round pick, in return for which they will receive the rights to the corresponding team's 2017 first rounder. No matter what, they will have a first round pick in 2017, the only question is where in the first round it is. Because they haven't traded outright their 2017 first, they are free to trade away their 2018 first with no protection at all.

NBA 2k17 has taught me a bunch about draft pick protection.

The Bulls, in this scenario, wouldn't be amassing 3 first round picks (Sacramento [provided], Brooklyn, and their own), but would then substitute (I think) their own "unprotected" first round selection in the stead of the Celtics's current pick protection scheme, meaning they would, at most, have two first round selections, with Brooklyn's likely being the #1 overall.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:00 am 

Again, if you're not going to sign Chris Paul and Chris Bosh this summer, blow it the fuck up. I don't care what you do with Wade before the deadline but at least get those 2 Brooklyn picks for Jimmy.

You'll have 3 lottery picks in the 2017 draft (likely 2 in the top 10, including Brooklyn's 25% chance at #1). Also, you'd get Brooklyn's 2018 1st round pick. Brooklyn really fucked up that Pierce + KG trade.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:15 am 
100000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Yes.

The NBA prohibits teams from trading first-round draft picks in successive seasons. The rule was put in place in response to Ted Stepien's disastrous run as owner and de facto general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

During Stepien's reign, the Cavaliers made a practice of trading future draft picks for marginal veteran players. His most notable deal sent a 1982 first-round pick to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for Dan Ford and the 22nd overall pick in 1980.

http://basketball.about.com/od/collegeb ... n-rule.htm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:31 am 

Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Yes.

The NBA prohibits teams from trading first-round draft picks in successive seasons. The rule was put in place in response to Ted Stepien's disastrous run as owner and de facto general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

During Stepien's reign, the Cavaliers made a practice of trading future draft picks for marginal veteran players. His most notable deal sent a 1982 first-round pick to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for Dan Ford and the 22nd overall pick in 1980.

Brooklyn isn't trading their 2017 first round pick away, they are only swapping it with a different team.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:35 am 
100000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Yes.

Brooklyn isn't trading their 2017 first round pick away, they are only swapping it with a different team.

Then they're trading away THEIR pick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:48 am 

Nas wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Yes.

Then they're trading away THEIR pick.

Nets would still have a pick. Boston would be trading their own pick in 17 and Nets in 18. The Bulls would merely have the right to swap Boston's pick in 17 with that of the Nets. Nets would thus still have a pick. Tad confusing at first but it makes sense now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Beating the shit out of OKC, this team puzzles the shit out of me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Top 10 is no longer a discussion. Top 8 is the new debate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:49 pm 

IMU wrote:
Top 10 is no longer a discussion. Top 8 is the new debate.

Even the announcers last night stated that Butler is outside the top 10.

i'd rather debate the non career of Lance Stephenson; Fleeting career of MCW too. Also would like to discuss the disinterest of the Clippers and Cavs regarding Melo Anthony. How about that. Might as well state again how Butler is better than Cousins again too while you are at it.

Not a good week for you my man.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:42 pm 

I see Carmelo wearing a Knicks jersey. I hear the Knicks have had to go back to the Cavaliers. Don't confuse rumors with actual activity or interest.

Butler is VASTLY SUPERIOR to DeMarcus Cousins. There is no GM that would take Cousins over Butler in 2017.

Lance Stephenson will play for a playoff contender this season.

MCW scored 8 points in 6 minutes with 2 rebounds and an assist last night. If only he had a decent coach...he could be a Top 15 PG in the league.

Great week for me. MANY have told me to keep fighting the good fight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:24 pm 

IMU wrote:
MCW scored 8 points in 6 minutes with 2 rebounds and an assist last night. If only he had a decent coach...he could be a Top 15 PG in the league.

:shock:

No. No he could not.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Bulls showing interest in Jahlil Okafor :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:49 am 

Bagels wrote:

Do it in a New York minute.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:09 am 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

For McDermott? Sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:16 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

For McDermott? Sure.

Philly won't go for that. How about Taj?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:35 am 

The 76ers aren't going to trade Okafor for an expiring contract.

I forget you're new to this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:02 am 

IMU wrote:

Taj has no value regardless of his contract situation. The Bulls have been trying to dump him for over a year . No one wants him.

I'd trade Okafor straight up for anyone on the Bulls roster save for Butler.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Taj has no value regardless of his contract situation. The Bulls have been trying to dump him for over a year . No one wants him.

I'd trade Okafor straight up for anyone on the Bulls roster save for Butler.

Agreed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next