It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Quote:
The trade deadline is four days away and the potential for a blockbuster trade involving the Bulls appears to be on the table.

That's according to The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski, who said on his Woj Report on Saturday night that the league's biggest trade deadline story will be Butler, the Bulls and the Celtics.

"There's no question," he told The Vertical's Chris Mannix, "this trade deadline, the potential of a Boston-Chicago deal for Jimmy Butler, I think it will loom over the entire week.

KC Johnson wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Vegan's hatred for KC Johnson runs deep.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
Vegan's hatred for KC Johnson runs deep.

@KCJohnson ‏Retweeted @WojVerticalNBA Sources: Bulls Beat Reporter @KCJohnson nears deal on new home, expects to close within one week

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
That Sacramento pick just got a lot worse now that Boogie is gone. Those two Nets picks would be pretty nice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:41 pm 

Anything less than the two Nets picks plus Marcus Smart is a complete disaster of a trade for Butler

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Anything less than the two Nets picks plus Marcus Smart is a complete disaster of a trade for Butler

Seeing what Sacramento received in return for Cousins probably makes it less likely (if it was even being considered in the 1st place) that Butler is moved.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:24 pm 

BD wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Seeing what Sacramento received in return for Cousins probably makes it less likely (if it was even being considered in the 1st place) that Butler is moved.

Good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:25 pm 

BD wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Fuckin' Vlade Divac.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:45 pm 

Marc Stein on Zach Lowe's podcast says the Bulls have told all inquiring teams except Boston that they're not moving Jimmy Butler:

“I don’t think Butler is getting traded,” Stein said. “Now, the Bulls have told numerous teams they won’t move him. My best summation of it is this: Boston is the only team they would trade him to. And I think it would take at least one Brooklyn pick and Avery Bradley and (Jae) Crowder. Something like that."

I, for one, think it's a great idea to arbitrarily shrink the market to a size of one with less than 72 hours before the trade deadline. How very Bulls.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Marc Stein on Zach Lowe's podcast says the Bulls have told all inquiring teams except Boston that they're not moving Jimmy Butler:

“I don’t think Butler is getting traded,” Stein said. “Now, the Bulls have told numerous teams they won’t move him. My best summation of it is this: Boston is the only team they would trade him to. And I think it would take at least one Brooklyn pick and Avery Bradley and (Jae) Crowder. Something like that."

I, for one, think it's a great idea to arbitrarily shrink the market to a size of one with less than 72 hours before the trade deadline. How very Bulls.

That's that dumb fuck Pax at work, smh.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:14 pm 

I think Pax is too conservative to seal the deal on a blockbuster. The last time I think he had a chance to leverage a proven asset for picks or something was Joakim Noah at the height of his prime. Didn't trade Noah, didn't trade for Gasol back in the day (not that I necessarily wanted that - just trying to think of opportunities), Garnett, etc. Not that this is a criticism per se but it doesn't seem like big deals are Pax's thing. Would much rather work the bargain bin FA market and draft well.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:16 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I think Pax is too conservative to seal the deal on a blockbuster. The last time I think he had a chance to leverage a proven asset for picks or something was Joakim Noah at the height of his prime. Didn't trade Noah, didn't trade for Gasol back in the day (not that I necessarily wanted that - just trying to think of opportunities), Garnett, etc. Not that this is a criticism per se but it doesn't seem like big deals are Pax's thing. Would much rather work the bargain bin FA market and draft well.

I think Pax knows he's a dumb motherfucker and he's hyper sensitive to criticism, he knows deep down that Danny Ainge will fleece his stupid ass.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:22 pm 

312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I think Pax knows he's a dumb motherfucker and he's hyper sensitive to criticism, he knows deep down that Danny Ainge will fleece his stupid ass.

Well I personally think he needs to make a deal this year for sure. The team is going nowhere and that's not Butler's fault. Turn him into assets for a shot at success down the road.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:24 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Well I personally think he needs to make a deal this year for sure. The team is going nowhere and that's not Butler's fault. Turn him into assets for a shot at success down the road.

Keeping him gives you a better chance of success down the road than trading him for a lottery pick who almost certainly won't be as good as him will.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:26 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Agreed, I think the whole country agrees besides Farvefan and Paxson.

I'd try to get Jaylen Brown and that pick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:27 pm 

312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I very much doubt that the whole country agrees with dumping a top 10 player just because the team he is on isn't good, which is literally the only reason you and vegan have given for wanting to trade him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I'm with FavreFan.

You can rebuild this without dumping a Top 10 player for picks and a couple not Top 50 players. And Butler would still be a franchise player when the Bulls are good. He is also a player that could bring that final star Free Ajent piece here in ~3 years once the Bulls have had a couple decent drafts.

Drafts not helmed by Gar Forman or John Paxson.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Bulls can't get that for Butler. 1st round pick and a role player is the max for him

Boston is unwilling to part with any of the Net picks for him.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
IMU wrote:

So in other words, they might as well trade him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I very much doubt that the whole country agrees with dumping a top 10 player just because the team he is on isn't good, which is literally the only reason you and vegan have given for wanting to trade him.

I don't think Ainge agrees with your assessment about Butler being a top ten guy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Bulls can't get that for Butler. 1st round pick and a role player is the max for him

A 1st round pick and a role player for Butler would be one of the worst trades in the history of sports. Bulls have some leverage here - there's no reason for them to trade Butler. If a team wants him, they will need to recognize his value as a top 10 player and pay up accordingly.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Bulls can't get that for Butler. 1st round pick and a role player is the max for him.

What leverage do they have? He has a cap friendly contract and that's about it. The Bulls aren't going to get two five picks for Butler. Definitely not two and a solid rotation player for him.

A 1st round pick and a role player for Butler would be one of the worst trades in the history of sports. Bulls have some leverage here - there's no reason for them to trade Butler. If a team wants him, they will need to recognize his value as a top 10 player and pay up accordingly.

The Bulls aren't going to get two top five guys for him. Definitely not two and a solid rotation guy for him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:03 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Bulls can't get that for Butler. 1st round pick and a role player is the max for him.

What leverage do they have? He has a cap friendly contract and that's about it. The Bulls aren't going to get two five picks for Butler. Definitely not two and a solid rotation player for him.

The Bulls aren't going to get two top five guys for him. Definitely not two and a solid rotation guy for him.

You mean two top five picks? I agree they probably won't, which is why I wouldn't do it. There's like a 10% chance the player picked with the Nets pick next year turns out to be as good as Butler.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:29 pm 

IMU wrote:
I'm with FavreFan.

You can rebuild this without dumping a Top 10 player for picks and a couple not Top 50 players. And Butler would still be a franchise player when the Bulls are good. He is also a player that could bring that final star Free Ajent piece here in ~3 years once the Bulls have had a couple decent drafts.

How many years do you think the Bulls are away from winning the East? They need a President, GM and coach..then a PG, center, and power forward and shooting guard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I don't think Ainge agrees with your assessment about Butler being a top ten guy.

Agreed, I don't even think he's a top 10 guy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
312player wrote:
IMU wrote:
I'm with FavreFan.

How many years do you think the Bulls are away from winning the East? They need a President, GM and coach..then a PG, center, and power forward and shooting guard.

The Bulls are infinity years away from winning the East with the current front office.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
IMU wrote:
312player wrote:
IMU wrote:
I'm with FavreFan.

The Bulls are infinity years away from winning the East with the current front office.

Yep this is the top reason I'm against trading Butler. I'm willing to grant that the Bulls have no path to a championship standing pat but they also have no path to a championship under a GarPax directed rebuild either.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:07 pm 

Why am I reading rumors about Jae Crowder being a sticking point in this deal for either side? Why the hell do the Bulls even want him, and why the hell would Boston be stubborn enough not to offer him and the Nets pick for Butler?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Why am I reading rumors about Jae Crowder being a sticking point in this deal for either side? Why the hell do the Bulls even want him, and why the hell would Boston be stubborn enough not to offer him and the Nets pick for Butler?

He has a great contract, arguably one of the best in the league, but I agree with you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

He has a great contract, arguably one of the best in the league, but I agree with you.

Yeah right after I posted that I saw this comment on Real GM that made me chuckle:
Quote:
The Bulls are idiots if Crowder is their big deal-breaker.

But I can see why GarPaxDorf are salivating at the thought of having a $7m starter. Never mind that he'll probably never make an all-star game. The contract is just so cheap. :lol:

Perhaps this roster doesn't win more than 1 game as an 8th seed playoff team, but hot damn, look at how cheap that starting line-up is!

Grant
Valentine
Crowder
Portis
Lopez
Typical MO for this franchise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next