It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:23 pm 

Someone had to start this particular thread

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... q81kqKY4nQ

http://www.csnchicago.com/nba-jimmy-but ... ed-hoiberg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:32 pm 

This is just stupid. His contract is a bargain with the recent surge in the salary cap. He might not be "the guy" on your team, but he would be a fantastic #2.

Last edited by Douchebag on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Yeah, this makes no fucking sense unless they get an unbelievable return for him. He's a top 10 player entering his prime and still getting better every season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
Yeah, this makes no fucking sense unless they get an unbelievable return for him. He's a top 10 player entering his prime and still getting better every season.

Value will never be higher.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:20 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It might be. You would have said the same thing a year ago or two years ago and been wrong.

Plus, that's a terrible reason. Russell Westbrook's value probably won't ever be higher. Maybe the Thunder should trade him! :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It might be. You would have said the same thing a year ago or two years ago and been wrong.

Plus, that's a terrible reason. Russell Westbrook's value probably won't ever be higher. Maybe the Thunder should trade him! :lol:

Butler isn't a franchise player. If you can get a lot for him you take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If Butler isn't a franchise player you're saying there are only like three of them in the entire league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
FavreFan wrote:

yeah you know, unless thibs would give up karl-anthony towns for him or something; why would you do this? unless you get multiple players where at least one is technically not too far removed from jimmy's level right now, man, wouldn't you be trading jimmy for players/picks who in the end you could only hope that they end up being as good as, say, jimmy butler? =D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If Butler isn't a franchise player you're saying there are only like three of them in the entire league.

He definitely isn't. He's a #2.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That's crazy talk. If you want a team where he's your number two you are basically demanding the Golden State Warriors. I hope the Bulls front office isn't equally delusional. He would be the best player on all but five current NBA teams.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

for better or worse jimmy considers himself to be a #1 guy. shit, his propensity to have str8up "my turn" possessions on offense totally reminds me of the good ol days of watching 2010s thudner playoff games for the "heroball" on display...

otherwise, i gotta agree with your prognosis here.... for now. idk if it's possible, but at least you know that jimmy will try to further elevate himself to a no-doubt #1-guy cuz i dont think anyone can really question his heart, hunger, and desire to be the best basketball player he can be. seriously, his jumper keeps on getting better and better over time so i mean, man, maybe there's 1 more higher level/plateau he can reach? MAYBE 2? idk.

what's the official C/S/FMB ruling on the potential of jimmy butler? is what he is right now as good as he can realistically ever hope to be, or can he keep getting better and better via basketball smarts + continually improving his jumper to such an extent that it kinda strikes me as being akin to 2nd-half-of-his-career jordan; he didnt have that cold jumper when he entered/got-started in the league, you know?

Last edited by sinicalypse on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:52 pm 

its like saying AI was a franchise player

yes, in the sense that he draws in people to watch your games.

no, in the sense that he is too small to win a title

but, he is a perfect #2, and the bulls did make the right move by getting wade, because even though its a long shot it does actually give the bulls some status... status we havent had since derrick got injured. you never know.. maybe the greek freak decides he wants to be in a bigger market...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:57 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

for better or worse jimmy considers himself to be a #1 guy. shit, his propensity to have str8up "my turn" possessions on offense totally reminds me of the good ol days of watching 2010s thudner playoff games for the "heroball" on display...

otherwise, i gotta agree with your prognosis here.... for now. idk if it's possible, but at least you know that jimmy will try to further elevate himself to a no-doubt #1-guy cuz i dont think anyone can really question his heart, hunger, and desire to be the best basketball player he can be. seriously, his jumper keeps on getting better and better over time so i mean, man, maybe there's 1 more higher level/plateau he can reach? MAYBE 2? idk.

what's the official C/S/FMB ruling on the potential of jimmy butler? is what he is right now as good as he can realistically ever hope to be, or can he keep getting better and better via basketball smarts + continually improving his jumper to such an extent that it kinda strikes me as being akin to 2nd-half-of-his-career jordan; he didnt have that cold jumper when he entered/got-started in the league, you know?

He's gotten better every season he's been in the league. I don't see anything to make me believe that trend will stop this season. By any reasonable criteria he's playing like a top 5 player in the league this year. He's a franchise guy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jimmy Buckets is 3rd in Offensive Win Shares among Guard/Forwards with at least 20 starts this year and top-6 in WS/48 in the same category.

And that's with what Russell Westbrook and James Harden are doing this year. Nas is right, Butler's value will never be higher.

Would "Wiggins + LaVine + Pick" get it done with Thibs? He looooooves him some Jimmy Butler.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:13 pm 

Well, again, you guys would have said the same thing about Butler value last year and been wrong, so I'm not inclined to agree yet either. But even if that is true, it's a horrible reason to trade a player.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Well, again, you guys would have said the same thing about Butler value last year and been wrong, so I'm not inclined to agree yet either. But even if that is true, it's a horrible reason to trade a player.

I'm confident that he won't ever be a player that you build around but he's a great player to have on any team. I think Wade definitely helped him take his game to the level of a star player.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm confident that he won't ever be a player that you build around but he's a great player to have on any team. I think Wade definitely helped him take his game to the level of a star player.

I don't know what else you need to see. He's already that player. He just has a terrible coach and bad teammates around him currently.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't know what else you need to see. He's already that player. He just has a terrible coach and bad teammates around him currently.

I hear you, but he just doesn't pass that eye test for me. I know that's a completely subjective thing. If I can unload Butler to a team that thinks he's a top 10 player, I would do it in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Isn't moving Rondo the far more likely scenario? Even if you can only get a second round pick I still think you need to move his emotionally maladaptive ass.

You absolutely do not trade Jimmy unless the return is substantial.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:37 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Isn't moving Rondo the far more likely scenario? Even if you can only get a second round pick I still think you need to move his emotionally maladaptive ass.

But the whole league knows he's a malcontent, now. That's why he was available for the Bulls to sign.

What's more, it's a shooting league, now, more than ever, and Rondo is a guy that simply cannot shoot. He's started 29 games with an Effective FG% of .404. That is worst in the league among guards with at least 20 starts by 20 whole points.

The only way he gets off this roster is if they release him, which might be worth it at this point because soon he will turn malignant while riding the pine.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:42 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

But the whole league knows he's a malcontent, now. That's why he was available for the Bulls to sign.

What's more, it's a shooting league, now, more than ever, and Rondo is a guy that simply cannot shoot. He's started 29 games with an Effective FG% of .404. That is worst in the league among guards with at least 20 starts by 20 whole points.

The only way he gets off this roster is if they release him, which might be worth it at this point because soon he will turn malignant while riding the pine.

I'm sure he already has turned malignant.

Once his defense left him, and he became a one dimensional assist whore I'd wager most front offices lost interest regardless of the emotional instability.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:46 pm 

True, he's probably already creating "dysentery among the ranks", to quote Christopher Moltisanti. I don't think any team is giving up anything for him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:

If they release Rondo he's going to Cleveland.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I do wonder if Lebron would allow that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:49 pm 

hes only 30 years old. he should be at the top of his game right now.

i suppose his body has taken quite a toll though. his minutes are not easy minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:50 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

of course he would. rondo would help them out tremendously.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:52 pm 

How so, Ike? All the same reasons he was supposed to help the Bulls this year?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

He wants a PG. He seemed pissed about it yesterday. He's still playing 37+ mins. That's insane.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:27 pm 

If you can move him do it. Don't need a star player in return either. I will take two top ten guys at their position and a no. 1 and I let him walk.

Played well in the 4th but pretty shitty the other night prior to that. Another game in which he doesn't match up against against an elite player. Know it's James but at some point hold your own. He is good not great and he is 5th at his position and even that is debatable.

Ball dominant guy whose best still isn't elite. Let's roll on this Pax if for no other reason than it is very unlikely Paxson like.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next