It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SERGE Ibaka?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:13 pm 

Should the Bulls go after Ibaka? Reportedly on the block and definitely a "stretch four" for Hoiberg's coveted pace and space. Taj jacking 3's can't be the answer.

Post subject: Re: SERGE Ibaka?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
Should the Bulls go after Ibaka? Reportedly on the block and definitely a "stretch four" for Hoiberg's coveted pace and space. Taj jacking 3's can't be the answer.

Whatever move that will shut you the fuck up

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm a big fan of Ibaka but I never understood the trade from Orlando's perspective and it wouldn't really make sense for the Bulls unless they were just giving him away. He needs to be on a contender and paired with a big center.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This is the kind of running in place thinking that led to the Wade and Rondo signings. Might as well trade for Tyson Chandler and Vince Carter so we can really make a run for it. And who gives a shit about Hoiberg's offense - he's a lame duck on his way out.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:29 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You Mitch McConnell now?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:32 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
This is the kind of running in place thinking that led to the Wade and Rondo signings. Might as well trade for Tyson Chandler and Vince Carter so we can really make a run for it. And who gives a shit about Hoiberg's offense - he's a lame duck on his way out.

:scratch:

Are you under the impression Serge Ibaka is old?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:33 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Running in place? You're out of touch and I'm out of time. Serge Ibaka is a significant upgrade at the 4 spot and is only 24 or 25 years old.

I'm only half joking about Hoiberg and I doubt that he is done after this season. Reinsdorf isn't going to eat 15 mil in salary. He also will have to a make move on Forman and possibly Paxson to make that move.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:36 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I'm a big fan of Ibaka but I never understood the trade from Orlando's perspective and it wouldn't really make sense for the Bulls unless they were just giving him away. He needs to be on a contender and paired with a big center.

Robin Lopez fits the big Center profile and Ibaka would be perfect because of his athleticism and ability to shoot the three. It allows the Bulls to get younger and better at that position immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:37 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Robin Lopez fits the big Center profile and Ibaka would be perfect because of his athleticism and ability to shoot the three. It allows the Bulls to get younger and better at that position immediately.

I wouldn't be against it. Obviously you'd have to keep Butler.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:39 am 

I realize me and ltg are sort of the JORR of hoops around here. Give me a competitive team. I have no desire to go back to the Mercer/El-Amin days in hopes of a future payoff.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:40 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You definitely don't trade Butler for him but aside from that I don't see anyone else Orlando would take for him. Bulls 2nd best guy is 35 years old and has little to no trade value. The young guys aren't good enough to trade and Orlando needs guards. Bulls young guards have little value too. Maybe a draft pick

I wouldn't be against it. Obviously you'd have to keep Butler.

You'd definitely have to keep Butler. Problem for the Bulls is that their second best is 35 years old. Young guards have little value and that is Orlando needs. Maybe trade a pick depending on where it is slotted. I'd be in favor of trading a mid first for him. Throw in a Valentine or Grant and it probably gets it done.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:46 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I realize me and ltg are sort of the JORR of hoops around here. Give me a competitive team. I have no desire to go back to the Mercer/El-Amin days in hopes of a future payoff.

I don't want those half ass rebuilds like he does with the White Sox. I'm all in favor of a complete rebuild but the possibility of the days you describe loom large if they do it. I definitely wouldn't want GarPax in charge of it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:47 am 

If you can get Ibaka for a lottery protected 1st and Valentine or Grant you'd be insane not to do it. And I like Valentine

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:48 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't want those half ass rebuilds like he does with the White Sox. I'm all in favor of a complete rebuild but the possibility of the days you describe loom large if they do it. I definitely wouldn't want GarPax in charge of it.

Yeah it's similar to the white sox in that if you're gonna do a rebuild, how can you justify doing it with the same guys in charge who caused you to need a rebuild in the first place?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:00 am 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Of course not. It's just that wtf is ibaka going to do here. No building blocks outside of Butler and no young core to nurture. I don't even know how you'd acquire him.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:04 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Of course not. It's just that wtf is ibaka going to do here. No building blocks outside of Butler and no young core to nurture. I don't even know how you'd acquire him.

Well, I was sort of touching on how it would have to be very cheap to get him. But if they are giving him away he's absolutely a great piece to go with Butler and hopefully a free agent or two this summer.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:30 am 

FavreFan wrote:
If you can get Ibaka for a lottery protected 1st and Valentine or Grant you'd be insane not to do it. And I like Valentine

I like Valentine too. That is what perplexes me about Hoiberg. Has Paul Zipser definitively demonstrated that he is better than Denzel Valentine? He has goven everyone on the roster a shot but not this kid. Don't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:52 am 

FavreFan wrote:

:puker: :pukel:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:54 am 

long time guy wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You Mitch McConnell now?

you are no Elizabeth Warren

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Gotta think it takes more than a mid first round pick and DV to snag Ibaka.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:57 am 

312player wrote:
Gotta think it takes more than a mid first round pick and DV to snag Ibaka.

Yup

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:28 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Running in place? You're out of touch and I'm out of time. Serge Ibaka is a significant upgrade at the 4 spot and is only 24 or 25 years old.

I'm only half joking about Hoiberg and I doubt that he is done after this season. Reinsdorf isn't going to eat 15 mil in salary. He also will have to a make move on Forman and possibly Paxson to make that move.

He's 28 this year, so you're way off. And while he's an upgrade here's the question: who gives a shit? This is a classic makeup on a pig kind of move. You're going nowhere with Forman and Hoiberg calling the shots, regardless of who they acquire. And Forman's creepy micromanaging of the locker room isn't going to help the team land stud players in free agency. He's a liability and so is his coach. Deport both of them.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:30 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He's 28 this year, so you're way off. And while he's an upgrade here's the question: who gives a shit? This is a classic makeup on a pig kind of move. You're going nowhere with Forman and Hoiberg calling the shots, regardless of who they acquire. And Forman's creepy micromanaging of the locker room isn't going to help the team land stud players in free agency. He's a liability and so is his coach. Deport both of them.

I don't disagree but you're not even talking about Ibaka in this post.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:34 am 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I don't disagree but you're not even talking about Ibaka in this post.

Ibaka is the makeup. How's he going to change anything?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:36 am 

Fortunes can change in an instant in the NBA. Maybe you trade for Ibaka, keep Butler, and sign another good FA this offseason and have a 50 win team next year and build on that. I agree Gar and Hoiberg have to go, and maybe Pax too, but that doesn't prevent me from wanting this deal to happen if the price is right.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Fortunes can change in an instant in the NBA. Maybe you trade for Ibaka, keep Butler, and sign another good FA this offseason and have a 50 win team next year and build on that. I agree Gar and Hoiberg have to go, and maybe Pax too, but that doesn't prevent me from wanting this deal to happen if the price is right.

You do that then this team becomes a win now team since ibaka and Butler are in their late twenties. I doubt any free agent is coming here so not sure what else you can do to add to the core other than sell it for younger pieces. Probably can't trade ibaka for some time once you acquire him but I see selling your best pieces as a more viable path to future success then rolling the dice with Butler and ibaka as your top two guys.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:50 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You do that then this team becomes a win now team since ibaka and Butler are in their late twenties. I doubt any free agent is coming here so not sure what else you can do to add to the core other than sell it for younger pieces. Probably can't trade ibaka for some time once you acquire him but I see selling your best pieces as a more viable path to future success then rolling the dice with Butler and ibaka as your top two guys.

It's pretty clear you're just excessively negative on the Bulls and have been for awhile. I don't blame you. I'm the same way with the White Sox and this Bulls team has been depressing the last couple years. But you're basically saying you don't want a proven asset in Ibaka just because "fuck the Bulls"

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:54 am 

Ibaka is a bum.

No thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:58 am 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's pretty clear you're just excessively negative on the Bulls and have been for awhile. I don't blame you. I'm the same way with the White Sox and this Bulls team has been depressing the last couple years. But you're basically saying you don't want a proven asset in Ibaka just because "fuck the Bulls"

He's going to be wasted. I'll put it a different way: if you're a young star heading into the prime of your career, and you're looking for a team that you can lead to rings, are the Bulls as presently constructed at the top of your list? We're the laughingstock of the league after Hoiberg was exposed as a lightweight, and Forman as a scheming careerist who values his job security above the fate of the team. We're directionless, talentless, coachless, etc. So not only would ibaka probably not feel comfortable here, I also don't think we're at a point where we can leverage whatever talent we have into playoff success. If Durant wants to come here then that's a different story. But we're just going to waste ibaka if we keep the current management and coaching structure in place.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
A reinvigorated MCW
Wade
Butler
Ibaka
Lopez
Taj
Rondo
Zipser
McDermott

That thing is held together with Bazooka....but it would be interesting.