It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:44 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
They have lost 5 of 6 and you're talking about numerous improcements that they have made.

:lol: This again. Just stop, dude. You look like an idiot.

LTG: Only wins and losses matter!

JLN: Well what about a near 200% increase in Winning% over two 25-game samples?

LTG: THEY'VE LOST 5 OF 6!! [after losing their #3 in minutes shooting guard who has shot 43% from 3 over their best run of the season]

:lol: You're so bad at this.

.I have been trying to be diplomatic but you really are coming across as an idiot. Do you realize that Wade and Butler have missed more games this season than Lavine.

The Timberwolves were 12 games under even when Lavine played. You are harping about the 3rd best player on a team 14 games under .500

I have yet to hear you provide an excuse for the injuries to Bulls players either.

While you are talking improvement they have the 3rd worst record in the league.

You really sound dumb.

As I stated before I have them to be 20 games under .500 by March 11

For the last time what say you?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
You know, you admit that teams can improve throughout a season, and despite saying "wins and losses are all that matters", you again seem to only want to talk about overall W-L when discussing whether a team has improved. It's incredibly telling [of someone with bad basketball thoughts].

And oh yes, thank you, Great Basketball Mind, for telling me you think a team that just lost its starting SG and #3 in minutes for the rest of the season might struggle in the next month. That's something nobody other than you would have been able to divine.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
They have lost 5 of 6 and you're talking about numerous improcements that they have made.

:lol: This again. Just stop, dude. You look like an idiot.

LTG: Only wins and losses matter!

JLN: Well what about a near 200% increase in Winning% over two 25-game samples?

LTG: THEY'VE LOST 5 OF 6!! [after losing their #3 in minutes shooting guard who has shot 43% from 3 over their best run of the season]

:lol: You're so bad at this.

You mean to tell me that the great Thibs can't coach around an injury to his third best player? Not the great Thibs. He of Nate Robinson/D.J. Augustin reclamation fame. Isn't he the guy that infamously says next man up whenever there is an injury.

Now the loss of a guy that isn't even close to being an all star is the death knell of his team this season?

Philadelphia has their best player on a damn minutes restriction. Their first round pick hasn't played a game this season. They routinely have starting caliber centers sitting out games. They have the weakest starting backcourt in the NBA. They have nothing but unproven guys. Embiid has missed more games alone than the entire Timberwolves starting five.

TheIr record is close or equal to that of Minnesota. I will check but I'm sure that is the case.

You are harping on Zach Lavine? That is weak. You are a lightweight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:12 pm 

You know, you admit that teams can improve throughout a season, and despite saying "wins and losses are all that matters", you again seem to only want to talk about overall W-L when discussing whether a team has improved. It's incredibly telling [of someone with bad basketball thoughts].

And oh yes, thank you, Great Basketball Mind, for telling me you think a team that just lost its starting SG and #3 in minutes for the rest of the season might struggle in the next month. That's something nobody other than you would have been able to divine.

Have you checked their wins during that improvement period idiot? They defeated shitty ass teams. I'm sure you had no problem counting their win against L.A. either. You do know they were missing two all Stars don't you?

You are the fool that makes the case that they would be making a playoff push if only they had Lavine yet have no problem holding games missed by the Bulls two best players against Hoiberg.

The Wolves weren't doing much before Lavine's injury and you'd know that if you bothered to pay attention.

You are the idiot that counts wins against Brooklyn, Orlando, etc as signs of improvement.

Every team has injuries. Some actually have them to guys that are legit difference makers. Zach Lavine I like but if he is the guy for which your season hinges upon then aren't good anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:15 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You mean to tell me that the great Thibs can't coach around an injury to his third best player? Not the great Thibs. He of Nate Robinson/D.J. Augustin reclamation fame. Isn't he the guy that infamously says next man up whenever there is an injury.

Now the loss of a guy that isn't even close to being an all star is the death knell of his team this season?

Philadelphia has their best player on a damn minutes restriction. Their first round pick hasn't played a game this season. They routinely have starting caliber centers sitting out games. They have the weakest starting backcourt in the NBA. They have nothing but unproven guys. Embiid has missed more games alone than the entire Timberwolves starting five.

TheIr record is close or equal to that of Minnesota. I will check but I'm sure that is the case.

I don't know, maybe. They need someone to shore up the defense in the backcourt, maybe Brandon Rush or Shabazz Muhammad can do that. Rush caught a bit of fire in January defensively.

Look man, you're the one saying you think they'll falter supremely in the next 30 days, remember, so shouldn't you be answering that question?

Quote:

:lol: So bad.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:18 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Have you checked their wins during that improvement period idiot? They defeated shitty ass teams. I'm sure you had no problem counting their win against L.A. either. You do know they were missing two all Stars don't you?

They played just-above-.500 basketball, what do you think that tends to look like? A .500-or-thereabouts team will beat the bad teams, as they should, and struggle and struggle mightily against the well-above-average and great teams, respectively, which is exactly what they tended to do over that run. What, are you going to accuse me of saying they should be a playoff team next?

Quote:
You are the fool that makes the case that they would be making a playoff push if only they had Lavine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Show me where I said that, please, I'm begging you.

Sooooooooo bad at this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:

I don't know, maybe. They need someone to shore up the defense in the backcourt, maybe Brandon Rush or Shabazz Muhammad can do that. Rush caught a bit of fire in January defensively.

Look man, you're the one saying you think they'll falter supremely in the next 30 days, so shouldn't you be answering that question, remember?

Quote:

This is an absolute bludgeoning. You may want to brush up next time. You are trying to debate semantics which is always a very weak play. Your emphasis on "improvement" is lame too. You are what your record says you are. Who cares if you have a stretch of good games? The Wolves were 12 games under even when their lineup was injury free.

I will bid adieu on that point. Have a good one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Look man, you're the one saying you think they'll falter supremely in the next 30 days, so shouldn't you be answering that question, remember?

Quote:

This is an absolute bludgeoning.

I agree. Ice up, son. Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:46 pm 

A list of "good" teams the T-Wolves beat in games 25-50:

Quote:
Bulls [per LTG's love of playoff-bound teams], Hawks (x2), Rockets, Thunder, Nuggets

A list of "good" teams the Bulls beat in games 25-50:

Quote:
Pistons, Pacers, Cavs, Raptors, Grizzlies, Thunder

That's 6 currently playoff-bound teams for the T-Wolves, 6 for the Bulls, not including the Clippers win for Wolves. But no, the Wolves only beat up on bums, right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:24 pm 

Quote:
Bulls [per LTG's love of playoff-bound teams], Hawks (x2), Rockets, Thunder, Nuggets

Quote:

That's 6 currently playoff-bound teams for the T-Wolves, 6 for the Bulls, not including the Clippers win for Wolves. But no, the Wolves only beat up on bums, right?

At no point during this "improvement" has their record ever been less than 10 games under .500

I just watched the Philadelphia 76ers end the winning streak of the Miami Heat without their 2 best players even playing in the game you want to talk "improvement" that would be it. They currently have the same record as the Timberwolves despite Simmons not playing at all and Embiid being on a minutes restrictions/missing games.

You are talking about the improvement of a team currently 14 games under .500 they also are only 1-3 minus Lavine and I see you have no problem counting the Raptors win even though Lavine didn't play. That being the case then stop making excuses for the losses.

You really are embarrassing yourself with this. Simply placing this :lol: behind whatever idiotic statement you happen to make doesn't change that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:39 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

At no point during this "improvement" has their record ever been less than 10 games under .500

I just watched the Philadelphia 76ers end the winning streak of the Miami Heat without their 2 best players even playing in the game you want to talk "improvement" that would be it. They currently have the same record as the Timberwolves despite Simmons not playing at all and Embiid being on a minutes restrictions/missing games.

You are talking about the improvement of a team currently 14 games under .500 they also are only 1-3 minus Lavine and I see you have no problem counting the Raptors win even though Lavine didn't play. That being the case then stop making excuses for the losses.

You really are embarrassing yourself with this. Simply placing this :lol: behind whatever idiotic statement you happen to make doesn't change that.

You also have no problem factoring in the win against the Clippers either.

I'm sure if I do a little digging I will be able to find injuries to other teams 3rd best player as a means of supporting a stupid argument.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I just watched the Philadelphia 76ers end the winning streak of the Miami Heat without their 2 best players even playing in the game you want to talk "improvement" that would be it.

One game shows improvement more so than 25 games and a 200% increase in W% over the previous stretch. But wait, how can the Sixers "improve" with this game if it occurs when they're 14 games out of a playoff spot and 15 (now 14) games below .500?

Because here you say:

Quote:

...referencing the Wolves' run not being an improvement, but then turn around and say:

Quote:
I just watched the Philadelphia 76ers end the winning streak of the Miami Heat without their 2 best players even playing in the game you want to talk "improvement" that would be it.

...when the Sixers started the game 15 games below .500? How could this be an "improvement" (which you said it was) for the Sixers, despite being so far below .500, but what the Wolves did is NOT an "improvement" because they always remained "10 games under .500"?

Oh, I know how that can be: because you are a clown. Stick to calling people racist on Tumblr.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:

One game shows improvement more so than 25 games and a 200% increase in W% over the previous stretch. But wait, how can the Sixers "improve" with this game if it occurs when they're 14 games out of a playoff spot and 15 (now 14) games below .500?

Because here you say:

Quote:

but then turn around and say:

Quote:

...when the Sixers started the game 15 games below .500? How could this be an "improvement" (which you said it was) for the Sixers, despite being so far below .500, but what the Wolves did is NOT an "improvement" because they always remained "10 games under .500"?

Oh, I know how that can be: because you are a clown. Stick to calling people racist on Tumblr.

On tumblr? You're stupid and you are no Columbo when it comes to detective work.

It's not just improvement idiot. They unlike the TWOLVES haven't had their roster all season yet they have the same record. They are missing an All star caliber guy plus a no.1 overall yet they are tied with the Wolves.

Their best player is also on a minutes restriction yet they have the same record. Embiid has missed more games by himself than the entire starting lineup of Minnesota combined.

You are trying to use the loss of a guy that isn't even top 50 as an excuse. That is weak.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:53 pm 

Again, if your reasoning for not calling the T-Wolves run an "improvement" is that they never climbed above some arbitrary mark of "10 games under .500", why does that same arbitrary benchmark NOT apply to a single game that you are calling an "improvement" by the Sixers, when they are so far below your again arbitrary mark of "10 games under .500"? Why are you applying one standard to one team and not to the other? Is it because you are an ass? Yes it is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:58 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Because here you say:

Quote:

...referencing the Wolves' run not being an improvement, but then turn around and say:

Quote:

Here is why I call it an improvement idiot. Embiid has missed 23 of 54 games and avg. Only about 25 min a game when he does play.

Simmons hasn't played a game this season.

Okafor has missed a number of games and splits minutes when he does play.

Yet they still have the same record as Minnesota.

They are winning games even while a true difference maker isn't playing.

They have are 13-14 over their last 27 games. They started 7-20. There best player has missed about 40% of their games and has yet to probably play over 30 min. In a game. That is why I call it an improvement.

You are making excuses about a 3rd best player being out only 4 games by the way while they have missed their better players for most of the yesr.

You sound like a damn fool with each succeeding post. You are basketball lightweight that hides behind data reports in order to appear knowledgeable.

Anyone can parse data you damn fool.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:01 pm 

Why. Are. You. Applying. One. Standard. To. One. Team. And. Not. Another?

Answer: Ass.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
They have are 13-14 over their last 27 games. They started 7-20. There best player has missed about 40% of their games and has yet to probably play over 30 min. In a game. That is why I call it an improvement.

Wow. I'd call that an improvement, despite never being fewer than 10 games under .500 during that stretch. Why won't you do the same for what the T-Wolves did similarly, as I have demonstrated for you multiple times? Oh yes, because your basketball ego is wrapped up in Thibs and the T-Wolves being awful. :lol:

Quote:

Apparently not you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:09 pm 

Why. Are. You. Applying. One. Standard. To. One. Team. And. Not. Another?

Answer: Ass.

If Philly had their lineup for the entire year I wouldn't be dumbass. Also improving upon what? They were .500 at the end of last season idiot. Last 30. Shouldn't they be improving upon that?

I guarantee you Philly has.

So now the great Thibs needs 27 games to warmup. Get your tired ass out of here.

He was billed as a hit the ground running guy. That was until he wasnt. You are out of your element dude.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Wow. I'd call that an improvement, despite never being fewer than 10 games under .500 during that stretch. Why won't you do the same for what the T-Wolves did similarly, as I have demonstrated for you multiple times? Oh yes, because your basketball ego is wrapped up in Thibs and the T-Wolves being awful. :lol:

Quote:

Apparently not you.

What do you predict that they will do in the last 3rd of their season? What will their record be? Let's see where you are at with it chief excuse maker.

Philly is doing it with a bunch of fucking role players and you are talking about the loss of Zach Lavine. You are a damn basketball hack.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:18 pm 

long time guy wrote:
If Philly had their lineup for the entire year I wouldn't be dumbass.

So now the great Thibs needs 27 games to warmup. Get your tired ass out of here.

He was billed as a hit the ground running guy.

Have you properly load-balanced your crane before moving those goalposts?

Quote:
They were .500 at the end of last season idiot. Last 30. Shouldn't they be improving upon that?

As I've told you before, they went .433 in the last 30 games of the season, or 13-17. Thibs improved upon that in the leadup to the LaVine injury, again, as has been explained to you multiple times.

So much for parsing data, right?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
you are talking about the loss of Zach Lavine. You are a damn basketball hack.

Times JLN has mentioned Zach LaVine on this page (not including quotes): 1

Times LTG has mentioned Zach LaVine on this page (not including quotes): 9

Who is talking about whom, now?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:
If Philly had their lineup for the entire year I wouldn't be dumbass.

He was billed as a hit the ground running guy.

Have you properly load-balanced your crane before moving those goalposts?

Quote:
They were .500 at the end of last season idiot. Last 30. Shouldn't they be improving upon that?

As I've told you before, they went .433 in the last 30 games of the season, or 13-17. Thibs improved upon that in the leadup to the LaVine injury, again, as has been explained to you multiple times.

So much for parsing data, right?

The first 30 games of this season he didn't. Also what do you predict for the last 28 games of this season ol wise one?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
you are talking about the loss of Zach Lavine. You are a damn basketball hack.

Times JLN has mentioned Zach LaVine on this page (not including quotes): 1

Times LTG has mentioned Zach LaVine on this page (not including quotes): 9

Who is talking about whom, now?

I didn't mention him until you did. Lavine isn't much of a factor yet you tried to pass him off as such.

Philly''s best player is on a minutes restriction and has missed about 40% of their games yet they have the exact same record. For the record I stated that Philly is the young team to watch earlier in the season. Unlike you I'm not a revisionist. I have no problem stepping out Joe Jackson.

You tried to use Lavine''s injury as an excuse and I called you on it. This team probably won't get to 30 wins. If that is the case it will be a huge disappointment.