It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Okafor to the Bulls
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
MCW, Cannan and a 2nd? Yes please. Lol

Is that the rumored deal?

Not at all. It was a joke tweet a couple hours ago from a fake account.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:47 pm 

has there been any actual talk of what it would actually take to get the deal done?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:50 pm 

RFDC wrote:
has there been any actual talk of what it would actually take to get the deal done?

Mirotic and a future protected first almost certainly. After that, probably Valentine or McDermott

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Valentine

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

It's a dump. They want him gone or it would not be this much in the press. That said. I have seen nothing. I would guess that Kings pick and Valentine.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:22 am 

Drake LaRrieta wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I feel sorry for KC Johnson. Dude's probably trying to figure out who to follow on Twitter so he can retweet breaking news about this trade once it happens.

Wasn't he the one that Goff was following when he thought Wade and Bosh coming to the Bulls was imminent?

Scoop Jackson
Chris Broussard
Sekou Smith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
With Boers retired are Terry's guys now Nas's guys?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
veganfan21 wrote:
I feel sorry for KC Johnson. Dude's probably trying to figure out who to follow on Twitter so he can retweet breaking news about this trade once it happens.

:lol: There's NOTHING on his twitter timeline about this. Not even a "I haven't hear anything" or "I've reached out to sources". What a pathetic company man.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Pelicans?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Ban nas.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:43 pm 

Thank God, this had "disaster" written all over it. A team that can't shoot shouldn't be trading away shooters and draft picks for a slow-footed big man who can't score outside of 3 feet and is another defensive liability.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Follow along on twittter

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... 3Averified

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:16 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Thank God, this had "disaster" written all over it. A team that can't shoot shouldn't be trading away shooters and draft picks for a slow-footed big man who can't score outside of 3 feet and is another defensive liability.

Mirotic a shooter? Currently shooting 30% from 3 and one of the absolute dumbest professional basketball players that i have ever seen. He is park district level bad as far as knowledge of the game. If Paxson can trade him for a link card with a $200 limit he should do it. SOft as butter on D and won't sniff the paint on offense. Let Philly uncover all of the untapped potential that he has.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
My source says soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Went is Philly so anxious to deal okafor for the bulls garbage? Is he a younger boozer or something?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Went is Philly so anxious to deal okafor for the bulls garbage? Is he a younger boozer or something?

His floor is Brook Lopez IMO. Offensively the sky is the limit but he is a poor defender and rebounder. He's a 20+ ppg guy. He can't play with Embiid so he doesn't fit this team. His 18 and 7 as a rookie was solid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I heard his rebounding skills are just slightly better than those of Eddy Curry.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:23 pm 

Philly is moving Okafor because of Embiid and probably the off the court stuff from last season.

He isn't a bum. He is a legit starting center. If Philly is willing to trade him for the garbage that is Mirotic and a mid first let's roll.

I don't trust the drafting of Garpax so that pick is probably useless.

The Bulls also need NBA level talent in order to keep their top ten player happy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:52 pm 

A team that can't shoot shouldn't be trading draft picks for a guy who 100% cannot shoot. One of the biggest problems the Bulls have, aside from a dearth of offensive talent, is being able to stretch opposing defenses. Okafor doesn't do that, in fact, he exacerbates the problem, without adding any kind of upgrade to defense and rebounding.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

A team that can't shoot shouldn't be trading draft picks for a guy who 100% cannot shoot. One of the biggest problems the Bulls have, aside from a dearth of offensive talent, is being able to stretch opposing defenses. Okafor doesn't do that, in fact, he exacerbates the problem, without adding any kind of upgrade to defense and rebounding.

I'm not sure if you are serious or not. Adding a big that can score with his back to the basket is something this team needs. A big that can score with his back to the basket can create many open shots for shooters. The Bulls don't have any shooters but even if they did a shooter can't create his own shot worthless.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:40 pm 

Nas wrote:

I'm not sure if you are serious or not. Adding a big that can score with his back to the basket is something this team needs.

This team needs to be able to shoot more than it needs someone with a skill-set of decades gone by.

Quote:
A big that can score with his back to the basket can create many open shots for shooters.

Among the 29 Centers averaging at least 20 Minutes Per Game this season, Okafor is 16th in Assist%. Last year he was 21st of 33 qualified big men. So, even if that was a dire need of the Bulls (it isn't, scoring should be the first option), he's not good at it. And a team shouldn't be trading future draft positioning for someone who is not good at anything they actually need.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:14 pm 

If his skill set is such that no one desires it then why did he go No. 3 in the draft last season? Why draft him at all? He does things that no one seeks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I'm not sure if you are serious or not. Adding a big that can score with his back to the basket is something this team needs.

This team needs to be able to shoot more than it needs someone with a skill-set of decades gone by.

Quote:
A big that can score with his back to the basket can create many open shots for shooters.

Among the 29 Centers averaging at least 20 Minutes Per Game this season, Okafor is 16th in Assist%. Last year he was 21st of 33 qualified big men. So, even if that was a dire need of the Bulls (it isn't, scoring should be the first option), he's not good at it. And a team shouldn't be trading future draft positioning for someone who is not good at anything they actually need.

So the Bulls shouldn't trade for a 21 year old scoring big (3rd pick in 2015 draft) because he isn't a great passer yet? They should instead hold onto draft picks that will fall outside of the lottery? They should also keep McDermott/Valentine/Mirotic because they're more valuable than Okafor?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

Lopez
Okafor
Butler
Wade
Rondo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:34 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Quote:

So the Bulls shouldn't trade for a 21 year old scoring big (3rd pick in 2015 draft) because he isn't a great passer yet? They should instead hold onto draft picks that will fall outside of the lottery? They should also keep McDermott/Valentine/Mirotic because they're more valuable than Okafor?

No, I think the Bulls shouldn't delude themselves into chasing a former #3 overall that doesn't fit their needs well at all, and should trade what assets they have for more/better draft picks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:37 pm 

Nas and ltg are right. His skill set isn't as important now as it was 20 years ago but it's still an important part of the game. If you can get a player of his caliber for minimal assets it's a no brainer.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Ban nas.

You forgot an 'a'.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Quote:

No, I think the Bulls shouldn't delude themselves into chasing a former #3 overall that doesn't fit their needs well at all, and should trade what assets they have for more/better draft picks.

Their needs? They need young building blocks. Okafor would give them a potentially elite building block for pennies. What do you think you can get for any combination of Mirotic/Valentine/McDermott? A late first round pick or some shitty contracts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Nas wrote:
Lopez
Okafor
Butler
Wade
Rondo

And nary a 3pt shot was made.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next