It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bulls Deadline Deal?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I guess I'll cheer for the Twolves. I always liked Thibs, and it is the best way to inflict maximum pain on GarPax.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm a Bulls fan. The rest of you jamokes aren't invited to the parade in 2020.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'm out until Gar is gone. Reinsdorf is also going to have to change his mindset too. Was always down with the Wolves and now I'm thinking I can add the Mavs because Cuban wants to win. I'd go for the Spurs but FF likes them too and he's got horrible judgement, so not sure there.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
I'm out until Gar is gone. Reinsdorf is also going to have to change his mindset too. Was always down with the Wolves and now I'm thinking I can add the Mavs because Cuban wants to win. I'd go for the Spurs but FF likes them too and he's got horrible judgement, so not sure there.

Sounds like you just wanna root for the whole fuckin league. APPRECIATE GREATNESS

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
veganfan21 wrote:

pussy. don't be an nba douche

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
denisdman wrote:
I guess I'll cheer for the Twolves. I always liked Thibs, and it is the best way to inflict maximum pain on GarPax.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
denisdman wrote:

Thibs is glad he's out of this fuck fest

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Chicago Bulls Rumors
Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics deal wasn't close. Bulls wanted to get Celtics core pieces & not draft picks. (Source: Adrian Wojnarowski)

I'm not actually seeing where Woj said this but if this is true... :lol: :lol: :cry:

IF true fire everyone IMMEDIATELY!

That would jibe with Cowley's piece on ownership wanting to ensure the stadium is packed above all. You ain't packing a stadium with future picks but you are with live bodies on the court. Fuck this team I'm done until they clean house

One doesn't have to be a sports writer to know that ... I've been yelling about Reinsdorf's wanting asses every 18" as the only criteria in "building" a team for years and years.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Don Tiny wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Chicago Bulls Rumors
Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics deal wasn't close. Bulls wanted to get Celtics core pieces & not draft picks. (Source: Adrian Wojnarowski)

I'm not actually seeing where Woj said this but if this is true... :lol: :lol: :cry:

That would jibe with Cowley's piece on ownership wanting to ensure the stadium is packed above all. You ain't packing a stadium with future picks but you are with live bodies on the court. Fuck this team I'm done until they clean house

One doesn't have to be a sports writer to know that ... I've been yelling about Reinsdorf's wanting asses every 18" as the only criteria in "building" a team for years and years.

Reinsdorf and Dolan are different types of bad owners but the one thing they share is they both own teams with brands and in cities that will prevent them from ever being punished for their incompetence. Even if every single normal fan "boycotted" the Bulls the United Center will still be filled thanks to the corporate money alone. You can already see this with the divergence between the Bulls' tumbling local ratings yet the continued lead in attendance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:41 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Chicago Bulls Rumors

I think that's true with the Sox but more complicated with the Bulls. I do think he's paid the luxury tax on some occasions when making trades to fall out of the tax territory would have made better fiscal sense from his perspective. I don't remember the times he did this but I remember reading about it. This enabled the Bulls to remain competitive. What Cowley's piece is saying is that Reinsdorf's son takes a more hard line approach to these matters, so maybe if he had been in charge back in the day the Bulls would have made trades to get out of tax territory even if those trades hurt the team's chances for playoff success.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
We need a president who runs it like a business!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:47 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

:lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:59 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:
That would jibe with Cowley's piece on ownership wanting to ensure the stadium is packed above all

Cowley is nothing more than a one note Reinsdorf/management detractor. The Bulls did a complete rebuild following the Jordan years. It was so successful that they had to do another one 5 years later. He probably doesn't want to do it because he doesn't have another 5 years to go. I'm in favor of it but unless you give up Butler (no one wants that) what do we expect in trades. Taj GIbson is going to fetch anything in trade and neither is McBuckets.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Chicago Bulls Rumors

Quote:
That would jibe with Cowley's piece on ownership wanting to ensure the stadium is packed above all

Cowley is nothing more than a one note Reinsdorf/management detractor. The Bulls did a complete rebuild following the Jordan years. It was so successful that they had to do another one 5 years later. He probably doesn't want to do it because he doesn't have another 5 years to go. I'm in favor of it but unless you give up Butler (no one wants that) what do we expect in trades. Taj GIbson is going to fetch anything in trade and neither is McBuckets.

I at least was amenable to giving up Butler if Boston actually was generous with their assets. I didn't want GarPax leading a full-scale rebuild but I don't want them doing anything, and if the Celtics came with a proper offer I could be convinced, as they had the ammo. And according to Woj, it sounds like they were prepared to do so, but the Bulls instead preferred aiming for their core players instead of their draft picks, which largely undermines the point of getting rid of Butler in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure if you read the article. Cowley said Jerry is receding more and more into the background and one of his sons is exerting more influence over the team. That undercuts your five years thing. The second problem here is a logical one: a failed rebuild 20 years ago doesn't mean a rebuild today will somehow be just as ineffective. There's no correlation. Cowley's point is the younger Reinsdorf is all about the bottom line, rebuilds and championship opportunities be damned. He cares about being good enough to win from time to time with marketable players. That's a recipe for Barkley's basketball hell.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:11 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure if you read the article. Cowley said Jerry is receding more and more into the background and one of his sons is exerting more influence over the team. That undercuts your five years thing. The second problem here is a logical one: a failed rebuild 20 years ago doesn't mean a rebuild today will somehow be just as ineffective. There's no correlation. Cowley's point is the younger Reinsdorf is all about the bottom line, rebuilds and championship opportunities be damned. He cares about being good enough to win from time to time with marketable players. That's a recipe for Barkley's basketball hell.

Reinsdorf isn't the sole owner of the Bulls. He may be getting pressure from other investors.

As far as turning down the Boston deal because they want role players in return I'm suspicious. refusing high drafts picks in favor of Crowder or Bradley makes little sense and I doubt that Paxson would do that.

Crowley will run with anything that appears to be Anti Bull. It gets old after awhile. That's my point. The whole fannies in the seats thing is right up his alley when it comes to Bulls reporting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

Reinsdorf isn't the sole owner of the Bulls. He may be getting pressure from other investors.

As far as turning down the Boston deal because they want role players in return I'm suspicious. refusing high drafts picks in favor of Crowder or Bradley makes little sense and I doubt that Paxson would do that.

It makes sense from a business perspective - you're not competing to be a fringe playoff team by trading Butler for picks. You are still a fringe playoff team if you trade him for current NBA players. From this perspective it seems they didn't want to tank because it would jeopardize ticket sales and general "buzz" over this horseshit abomination of a basketball team.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:17 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

Trade Butler...we are all in favor of it...you have your way and the Bulls won't make the playoffs for 10 years...please trade him so you shut the fuck up

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:

Given what little we know of the structure of Bulls ownership, it seems like any "pressure" from investors would need to percolate through the members of the board, of which JR is Chairman, and Michael serves at the pleasure of the Chairman. The buck stops with them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Any rebuild involving the current front office will be a failure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I haven't looked at the salaries of those other players, but Gibson is a free agent this summer and McDermott was a 3-point specialist at best who didn't play much defense. I know they gave up 5 picks, but 2nd rounders are never very good so those don't even count. Nobody the Bulls selected with any of those other picks would likely have been very good based on who was picked in that draft. Finding a decent player outside of the top 10 is quite a feat for the NBA.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
So what's the scoop on Payne? I've heard he's another point guard who can't shoot...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Chicago Bulls Rumors

Quote:

I at least was amenable to giving up Butler if Boston actually was generous with their assets. I didn't want GarPax leading a full-scale rebuild but I don't want them doing anything, and if the Celtics came with a proper offer I could be convinced, as they had the ammo. And according to Woj, it sounds like they were prepared to do so, but the Bulls instead preferred aiming for their core players instead of their draft picks, which largely undermines the point of getting rid of Butler in the first place.

Boston sources said Chicago was looking for " core players" not picks :lol:

Pax is even dumber than I thought, smh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
'77Cubs wrote:
So what's the scoop on Payne? I've heard he's another point guard who can't shoot...

He came off the bench a lot last year, averaging 12 minutes per game (hasn't played enough this year to prognosticate on his progression), but among guards who played at least 10 but less than 20 minutes per game, his Assist% was 17th in the league among 68 qualified players. Alarmingly, his USG% is 13th among qualified players in that regard, so he looks to be a PG who can't shoot who likes to do the shooting, nonetheless.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

Paxson turned down a first round pick for Taj last year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:

J Hood said he's fractured his foot about 5 times in the last 9 years.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:10 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:

Trade Butler...we are all in favor of it...you have your way and the Bulls won't make the playoffs for 10 years...please trade him so you shut the fuck up

Then there'd be no one to respond to your idiotic posts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Crowley will run with anything that appears to be Anti Bull. It gets old after awhile. That's my point. The whole fannies in the seats thing is right up his alley when it comes to Bulls reporting.

What is inherently wrong with a critical attitude of the Bulls? Don't they merit such criticism from time to time. I assume you don't want the cheerleaders also working part time as beat reporters and columnists.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I mean...I thought Duggy McBuckets was an incredibly stupid pick. But this load of crap they took back in trade...dude, just trade for cash. This is a new low. At least someone is worse than Zipster on the team now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next